Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,602 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:26 AM

We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend (1056 Views)

Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by ASANIGBO(m): 6:30am On Sep 29, 2011
The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has announced plans to bomb the Eagle Square, Abuja again on the nation’s 51st anniversary on Saturday. MEND issued the threat in a press statement released yesterday by its spokesman, Jomo Gbomo.

The terse three-paragraph statement said Nigerians had nothing to celebrate after 51 years of independence. MEND advised the public to take the release as the first and final warning before the detonation of the explosive devices.

The statement dated September 28 reads: “On October 1, 2011, The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) intends to place bombs within and in the immediate vicinity of Eagle Square, venue for the proposed 2011 independence anniversary celebrations.
“After fifty one years of independence, Nigerians still have nothing to celebrate.

“The general public is strongly advised to consider this as a first and final warning. No additional warnings will be issued subsequent to deployment or detonation of these devices which will be novel in nature.” MEND had a few days to the 50th anniversary of the nation last year similarly warned that several explosive devices had been successfully planted in and around the Eagle Square by its operatives.

It made real its threat when two cars exploded outside the justice ministry near the Eagle Square, while President Goodluck Jonathan was inspecting parade by the military. The incident, resulted in the death of at least 10 persons, while 36 others, including 11 policemen were seriously injured.

The blasts completely destroyed six cars, damaged 18 others and shattered the glasses of a hotel in the vicinity.
MEND leader, Henry Okah was arrested in South Africa and is currently facing trial in connection with the 2010 Abuja blasts.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/sept/29/national-29-09-2011-001.html

Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by Rhino4dm: 6:38am On Sep 29, 2011
Boko MEND or real MEND?? kai! Nigeria has gone to the Dogs.
i no fit shout.
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by bkbabe97y(m): 7:07am On Sep 29, 2011
GEJ is the spokesman for MEND, Lets all relax and hear what he has to say on the issue.
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by Chyz2: 7:13am On Sep 29, 2011
5 dollars says that Boko haram will beat them to the cake. Who's up? cheesy
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by Dyt(f): 8:01am On Sep 29, 2011
Where s my bag?
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by Rhino4dm: 8:06am On Sep 29, 2011
^^Is that you on the profile pics? . . .
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by Dyt(f): 8:13am On Sep 29, 2011
^ r u now markin dose 2 b bombed by face?
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by Rhino4dm: 8:49am On Sep 29, 2011
^ Am a no terrorist as i come in peace.

Are you in naija? . . .just asking (feel free if you dont want to chat)

Me, am in Naija Portharcourt to be precise for now?
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by Dyt(f): 9:33am On Sep 29, 2011
Oh i shld assume u admire wat u seein huh?
Sorry dats my gf
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by Rhino4dm: 10:46am On Sep 29, 2011
^ Far from what you assumed. . .I was just amaze with the way someone with that kind of "looks" will be bold to enough place his pics on a faceless forum.

Well am not handsome either but, i dont do 'ugly' women.

I guess that was a way of turning down my humble offer of "friendship".

If Odunnu used to be my wife(divorce now) then atleast i shoulp move up the ladder.>>> Anywayz thanks
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by Dyt(f): 11:24am On Sep 29, 2011
No
frndship s still on bt i jst dont want u expect c d person in d pix cos dats nt me,so handshake?
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by Rhino4dm: 11:36am On Sep 29, 2011
No wahala! Am here to catch fun. . . . . .
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by Dyt(f): 1:03pm On Sep 29, 2011
Same ere 2
fun all d way
now ur tots bout dis bombin ish?
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by Rhino4dm: 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2011
I hate this fuccking Boko Haram. Though, i think what they are doing is a blessing that can end this contraptions called Nigeria. Very sad how things is going in the country.
I feel very bad seeing potential youths wasted.

So, where are you running from to? Since you are planning to run away.

Dyt:

Same ere 2
fun all d way
now your tots bout dis bombin ish?
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by chakula: 6:33pm On Sep 29, 2011
PointB,beaf,Jakumo you don't have anything to comment on this for Jonathon sake!
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by Rossikk(m): 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2011
Nothing go happen for Eagle Square Oct 1.
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by Dyt(f): 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2011
I ll run 2 lag na
Re: We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend by seanet02: 8:02pm On Sep 29, 2011
Iku De O

(1) (Reply)

Pirates Seize Tanker Off Coast Of Nigeria / Because He Was Involved / Eko Oti Baje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.