Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,089 members, 7,852,691 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:32 AM

Who Chooses Who? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Chooses Who? (793 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Chooses Who? by question(m): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2011
Just a question regarding choosing a Church/Pastor?

Does your church or pastor or religion choose you?
or
Do you have an option of choosing your church or pastor or religion?

The reason I have this question is because:
1. You are born into a church/religion and it seems you have no choice of your own.
2. If you choose to be committed to a particular church or pastor based on some subjective reasons and over time, the church/pastors values and principles change, do you have a choice to leave that pastor/church? Even if you know very well that you are being led astray?
Re: Who Chooses Who? by c2k2(m): 12:43am On Jul 11, 2012
kissit's very important that one should make the right choices in life...b4 one could choose a church, etc, he must be born again so that he would be led by God's Spirit in making decisions...however, in a case when one is been led astray, the person shouldn't allow himself go astray & later face the dangers of hell:-((in the name of loving his pastor/church)...we are been told in the bible that our love for Christ should exceed all other:-D
Re: Who Chooses Who? by Delafruita(m): 12:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
question: Just a question regarding choosing a Church/Pastor?

Does your church or pastor or religion choose you?
or
Do you have an option of choosing your church or pastor or religion?

The reason I have this question is because:
1. You are born into a church/religion and it seems you have no choice of your own.
2. If you choose to be committed to a particular church or pastor based on some subjective reasons and over time, the church/pastors values and principles change, do you have a choice to leave that pastor/church? Even if you know very well that you are being led astray?

your life is yours to live and your decisions are yours to make.most people choose to imprison themselves in a church,house,marriage or job that isnt satisfying their need.my advise is,move on when you realise you need a change.therez nothing wrong in "testing the waters" before selecting a church.visit various churches and decide on the one that suits you.if its islam or buddhism that suits you,embrace it.goodluck

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Control My Thoughts? / Special Gift To Pagan9ja! Keep Blasting Those Christians! / The Secret Of The Wealth Of King Solomon (4)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.