Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria (9902 Views)

Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? / Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia / List of ISPs In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by mikron(m): 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2011
with wat im seeing of this new glo netpro modem i think i will go 4 it. Though i use mtn fastlink and its service is ok here in abuja
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by mikron(m): 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2011
this new glo netpro is da bomb. I love it
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by CHIMSKY(m): 6:47pm On Oct 20, 2011
I use glo but with a Universal modem.The thing is slow.Like the old dial up. Is it because of the modem?NLs pls advise me.
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by tunde300us(m): 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2011
Do u have 3G coverage, if you dont then am sure u wont get anytin better than what u just said
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by CHIMSKY(m): 7:17pm On Oct 20, 2011
No.I dont think so.I stay on the border between Abuja and Nasarawa state
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by CHIMSKY(m): 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2011
So internet speed depends on if u r in a 3g area.In that case only ppl in lagos,abuja nd PH really enjoy High Speed internet!
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by tunde300us(m): 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2011
No sir, the service vary from one location to the other, and lagos , abuja and PH re not singled out.Its just a matter of luck sometimes sef.Maybe when there is total coverage for dis service then one can enjoy the ride
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 21, 2011
it's totally dependent on location, even within lagos.

in my office which is outside the 3g coverage area, i get 10KB/s
but at home i get 320KB/s

@chimsky
since you have the universal modem, why not try buying other networks' SIM
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by samyng(m): 10:02am On Oct 22, 2011
[size=13pt]For me i think this GSM networks are doing better now but the thing now is coverage as the 3G coverage are not available every where, Even places where its available the signal strength are not strong enough. I believe the strength of the 3G coverage will help a long way with the internet speed, Most times i put my modem outside just to get Good network signal on my GLO 3G Modem, But I believe Glo is doing well for now i hope they keep it up and don't fall. Even with 30% signal strength the internet speed is still okay some times i get up to 2mbs,

I guess reason for this is becos since glo owns the GLO ONE we will continue to enjoy this speed
[/size]
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by Saddam: 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2011
*, *

Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by infomart: 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2011
Can any internet service providing company in Nigeria, be it MTN, AIRTEL, GLO, ETISALAT, STARCOMS, MULTILINKS, SWIFT etc say they are really the
fastest and the most reliable internet service provider.

I leave that question for you to answer, but i bet you, your answer will be like me, a big NOOOOOOOO!

They all have their typical challenges at one time or the other and most times when you need them most they Bleep u up big time,

One cannot categorically say that one internet service provider or the other is the best out of the several ones we have in Nigeria because they all have their limitation and the government of our country are not interested in protecting its citizenry.

In considering the internet connection to use, one has to consider quite a number of factors which will be able to guide one on which connection to use.

These factors ranges from the cost of acquiring the modem, cost of paying for the internet service, availability of 3g service close to the individual, the speed of the internet service etc.

Cost of Modem, formally the cost of modems in Nigeria was so expensive but thanks to competition among the sector, at least the cost of 3g modems have now being reduced a little to between N8500 to about N13500, but the challenge is most of the internet service providers restricts their modems to their networks along and so whenever there is a network problem you get stuck. The only way to overcome this challenge is to UNLOCK THE MODEM AND MAKE IT ACCEPT ALL NETWORK. To unlock your modem and make it universal to accept all networks call me on 08034897371, then you will provide me with the imei no and model of your modem, after unlocking i will send you the unlocking code to your mobile phone. what you now need to do is to put another network sim in your modem, connect it to your pc and it will request for the unlock code, which i have already sent to you. after inputting it and clicking on ok the modem will become open for all networks.

Cost of Subscription, this is where a lot of Nigerians has the challenge. it is one problem to get money and acquire the modem but it is a more challenging issue to constantly pay for the subscription so you could always access the internet whenever you want. The subscription cost for most of the internet service providers ranges from N5000 to N15,000 monthly which is not easy for one to constantly pay. In this respect means have being device to assist people to surf the net for either free or to surf the net with N500 for straight six months. You can call me 08034897371 for details on this.

3g service, for you to enjoy internet service you will need a 3g access. We have two types of access, the edge and the 3g. The edge works like a phone but the 3g has a very high speed.

Most of our service providers modem has 3g modems with a browsing speed of 3.6Mbps but you can get a universal modem with a browsing speed of 7.2Mbps from me at a very reduced rate and it has the following features

3.5G/3G HSDPA Universal USB Modem
*7.2Mbps maximum downlink
*Works with MTN, Zain, Glo & Etisalat
*MicroSD Slot (Can be used as flash drive)
*SMS Capable
*Phonebook functionality
*Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7
*Plug & Play (No CD Driver required)

With this it takes care of the lapses the normal 3g modem by our service providers has.

It is also very important you find out if there is a 3g service where you stay or which of the internet service providers has a 3g service where you stay. This is necessarily because if you have a 3g modem and stays where there is no 3g service, you cant enjoy a 3g speed but an edge speed which is about 236kbps.

Speed of the internet service providers, this is important but most times we cannot determine this easily but the most important thing is if it is a 3g modem it helps to enhance the browsing speed.

Therefore in all, I advice if you have not bought a modem yet that you should go for a universal modem which i can provide for you and if you already have a modem from any of our network service providers it is advisable you unlock it to accept all networks to remove the barrier of limitation. I also unlock modems so you can call for that also.

After acquiring the modem then you can contact me for browsing for free with your 3g modem on etisalat and mtn network.

In all you will enjoy unlimited internet access and do what ever you want to do.

Once again for your universal modem with the specification above and for unlimited surfing of the internet for almost free, call me on 08034897371 or 08023525720.

For those in Lagos you can come to my office for configuring your laptop while those outside lagos we do send down our modem and an installation guide to your email box to guide you through.

thanks and stay cool
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by RapidBTS: 12:07am On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by NetAxisMSP: 12:13am On Jul 22, 2012
We are one of the only two re-sellers of the HyNet product in Abuja, the HyNet Wimax service is part of a new MTN suite of product called, the MyOffice, please Call NetAxis MSP Solutions Limited on 08092656727 to acquire and setup yours. TRY IT

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Shut Down A Computer Forever! / Check Your India Web Proxy Server 3.2 Speed Here / 25k(negotiable) Clearance!!! USA USED Toshiba Laptops For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.