Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:37 AM

Calling Positive Minded Nigerians: - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Calling Positive Minded Nigerians: (1309 Views)

Over 0.5 Goals Punters Calling / NEED A SMALL BUSINESS To Do? Check In(serious Minded Business Individuals Only!) / Calling On All Betonmarkets Traders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling Positive Minded Nigerians: by Longesson(m): 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2006
Are you Nigerian or a friend of Nigeria?

Do you reside inside or outside Nigeria now

Upset about the state of things in Nigeria

Tired of blaming SOMEONE ELSE for Nigeria's problems??

Do you believe in the POWER OF ONE and that you have a personal role in making Nigeria better?

Want to start taking action no matter how little

Want to make money while contributing to change in our society??

So many questions, cool

Well, if you have answered yes to most of them, then this post is for you!!! If not, you are free to move to a new page on this website now,

Thank you for reading further. I do not intend to use this forum to answer your questions, but as a space to brainstorm with like minded Nigeria-lovers about business ideas, social initiatives etc that we can deliver to create some change (no matter how small) in Nigerian life. Plus we can make honest happy money in the process. If we can think together here, perhaps we can find people with the same interest and passion who will be convinced to meet up in real life and convert their ideas into reality.

From a business perspective, taking away all it's peculiarities, Nigeria is a hot-bed of potential. The size of the population means a large market space for those smart enough to get the right product. The amount of fertile land and agreeable weather means huge agricultural potential. The amount of natural resources means huge potential income for those who are best able to ad value to the natural resources.

Now I know the system is tough (having lived there for 23 years, at least) but that's why more than just a talk-shop, I hope this forum attracts people who are tough enough to take on that system heads on and make it. People who will be acting from inside and outside this system.

A little about me, I currently live in the UK (6 months now) though I spent the major part of life in Nigeria and a few other places and studied at OAU in Ife. I am passionate in creating change in Nigeria in Education(creating a system that creates thinkers, not memorizers), Entrepreneurship(starting more sustainable small businesses) and Emigration (reversing the effects of the brain drain),

When I know who is with me, we'll start the next forum brainstorming ideas to take forward,

ARE YOU WITH ME?
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Calling Positive Minded Nigerians: by Seun(m): 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2006
We need private power stations in Nigeria. Interested investors should contact the Lagos State Government after reading this article: www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article01/030306
Re: Calling Positive Minded Nigerians: by Hotstepper(f): 2:32pm On Mar 03, 2006
am with u grin
Re: Calling Positive Minded Nigerians: by LoverBwoy(m): 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2006
yea im with u, how much do i have to pay upfront? grin

what have you done so far?

how long have u had the idea?

what section of the education sector are u talking about?
Re: Calling Positive Minded Nigerians: by carpenter(m): 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2007
i am in, joined too late I guess!
Re: Calling Positive Minded Nigerians: by sbucareer(f): 1:26pm On Mar 23, 2007

Longesson, thank your for that initiative. That shows some of us are really thinking ahead with Nigerian in mind NOT just chicken and chips. I live in London as well and would really like to meet up with you.

I have very interesting ideas and business modules, most of the people I have contacted are very much interested in their mortgage and other personal affiliations or wants to buy the business module off me.

I have Nigeria at the top of my business focus and the possibility for relocation. My areas of interests are farming and IT with particular emphasis on grouping Nigeria small businesses (Group companies) to provide an investment funds (cap) that could be used to finance big cooperate businesses and further using pension funds from the cooperation to initiate long life Investment and property management.

You can contact me through [email=valentine.obih@gmail.com?subject=Calling Positive Minded Nigerians]email[/email].

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Most Common Welding Machine In Nigeria? / How Can I Invest 2m Bank Loan / Dangote Plans To Become 5th Worlds Richest Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.