Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React (91888 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Nigerians Cries Out / Northern Elders Bemoan Insecurity, Ask Buhari To Resign / North-East Govs Bemoan Inability To Try Boko Haram Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Jagabanarmy: 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
Bobloco:
I knew that they will come out with this propaganda

We are waiting for Niger, Togo, Chad and Cameroon

All to justify this thoughtless decision by Tinubu

Instead of fixing refineries, blocking leakages, having an effective and efficient border patrol to arrest and prosecute these smugglers
The removal can't stand. It will be reversed
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Bashirkareem31: 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
Laple0541:

Ordinary basic secondary school economics should have prevented you from writing this.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Bluntemperor: 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
nairalanda1:
At the end, we can't be subsidizing the whole of West Africa.

But that is what Nigeria Labour Congress want!
NLC is an affiliate of Labour Party in Nigeria.
We shall all see the end of it.
So, Cotonou-is demonstrating for selling Nigeria Oil,yet somebody is saying Nigerian Youths should continue in Unemployment palava.Indeed we are wicked!
Thieves On Rampage!
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Roon9(m): 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
Quintopia:

There are no “funds from subsidy removal”.

The FG was borrowing 10 billion dollars a year to pay those subsidies.

Roughly 1 billion dollars a month.

Oh! Maybe I wasn't getting the full gist at all. I thought the funds from subsidy were from our internally generated revenue. Omo

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Aklee4994(m): 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2023
2mch:

We may have to because, soon they may start raiding us because of hunger. They will even start attacking the Nigerians currently in their country when the frustration sets in.
I swear you get what am driving to
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Tvoice: 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
Quintopia:

CAN YOU IMAGINE?

Deporting our people while enjoying our free oil!

Kai. This world eh!?!

Dem don see us finish na , i nor blame dem na
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Quintopia: 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2023
GodPrince:
One thing I hate about Nigerians is that now we know that some demons have been smuggling our subsidized petroleum products to these countries meaning these foreigners have been enjoying what we're suppose to be enjoying and yet you all just condemn and nobody is mentioning the fact that the demons behind this evil need to pay for this evil against us. The customs officers on borders, the oil marketers and all involved need to be fished out and thoroughly delt with, Nigerians should mob and leech these evil oil marketers to death. I'm so angry

Dude, forget that thing. You can’t be all about punishing folks for taking advantage of the situation. If YOU were say a customs officer deployed to the border amidst such smuggling, YOU would take advantage and enrich yourself and family.

And if you disagree, you’re a liar.

The ONLY thing that stops corruption anywhere in the world is when authorities make it very uncomfortable or risky, or unnecessary, or impossible.

In this instance, Tinubu chose ‘impossible’.

7 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Bobloco: 6:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jagabanarmy:

The removal can't stand. It will be reversed

Absolutely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by surgical: 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2023
DOptical:
Imagine. Nigeria using huge funds to subsidise fuel for the whole Africa nation while Nigeria masses themselves bear the brunt of it all.
That's a market Nigeria should have explored ,by selling refine products from Nigeria refinery

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by vannessa7(f): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2023
Psoul:

Subsidy for ½yr is N3.6 trillion. Buhari's government has already paid till June 2023.

Well, my issue is not if this money for subsidy will be enough or not to offset the country's debt.

My concern is, will they actually utilize this fund for official purposes or will they still loot it again.

There is no fund, they were borrowing money to pay the subsidy, government is still owing NNPC huge amount for subsidy, it is senseless to be borrowing to pay subsidy that ends up in the hands of smugglers while the rest of us suffer due to indebtedness and scarcity of the fuel, imagine budget for subsidy is higher than budget for education and health, removing it will free the government and masses from the huge payment and we can face something else, government of Tinubu will be challenged to perform because every citizen is expecting the subsidy removal to make a difference.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by gbengene1234(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2023
Na wa ooo... This oneshock me ooo
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by ravensckar(m): 6:11pm On Jun 02, 2023
vannessa7:

As usual obedients shallow thinking signature on display, for everything you wrote up there, there is a very simple fact that will prove them hogwash and I'm sure many well informed intellectuals know what I'm saying but I don't have the time to argue or prove any point with you knowing full well that your bias has blinded you to logic and reasoning, imagine such level of thinking, I think my time will be better spent than educating you on simple economics and politics.
A classic strategy from Arthur Shopenhauer's handbook says; 'if you're bereft of ideas, attack your opponent'. Sister, you'll need to try a better tactic because this one won't work on me. cheesy cheesy

Just for the record, I'm not OBIDIENT neither do I have any association whatsoever with them. A simple background check would have prevented this goof. Well, typical of all anywhere belle face supporters, you guys see anyone with a dissenting view as 'political opponent'.

Lastly, did you notice that even you yourself haven't been able to present a cogent argument on the subsidy removal issue? Like Plato said; 'the worst form of deceit is self-deceit'. Make una continue!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by mikeapollo: 6:15pm On Jun 02, 2023
DOptical:
Imagine. Nigeria using huge funds to subsidise fuel for the whole Africa nation while Nigeria masses themselves bear the brunt of it all.
Where did you get this useless thought from? Do you think it is only Nigeria that has oil in Africa?
Libya, Algeria, DRC, Gabon etc. all have oil and they don't need any oil from a clueless and directionless country like Nigeria.
If your government and country is clueless about how to manage the oil resources, dont try and console yourself with some silly conspiracy theories!

2 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by DOptical: 6:16pm On Jun 02, 2023
Roon9:

Have you heard his opinion on this matter as at when Jonathan was president? What changed really?

Maybe you really need to use your own brain. Let me paraphrase his statement for you.
"You can't say because armed robbers would come and Rob your belongings at home so you won't buy anything". That's what he said

Again I ask, what changed?

Tinubu supported both sides on the issue. He more or less sat on the fence. Anyway, nothing concerned Tinubu with Jonathan at that time, considering Jonathan betrayed Tinubu by laying siege into Tinubu's house unnecessarily despite the fact that Tinubu supported him in 2011 and had never been in any federal administration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by membranus: 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
Patriotsleague:

Let's do big brother, by setting up filling stations across West Africa, under our new NNPC PLC, we need to optimize value, make money from West Africa, then give back. Big brother needs revenue.

Big Brother needs more money to remain big brother. Let us suck our neighbours dry this time around, it is payback time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Baatunde(m): 6:20pm On Jun 02, 2023
Honestly, only an ignoramus or a mischief maker would deny this fact Nigerian petroleum products have been finding their way to Benin for decades even when all our refinery were working full blast. My first time in Cotonou in 2004 I think, I saw petrol in all odd shapes of containers being sold openly on the streets and there were filling stations also which were virtually empty. My host informed me that the roadside fuel is from Nigeria it is cheaper and of better quality than the fuel at the filling stations which were mostly imported from Libya.

Yes their is usually complicity with the custom officials to smuggle fuel but you will find out also that a lot of ingenious methods are involved in the smuggling which makes it difficult to stop. Normal vehicles are fitted with extra tank capacities to move between Nigeria and the Benin, it is smuggled disguised as other products like coconut and groundnut oil, and it was widely known that most filling stations along the Idiroko and Seme borders on the Nigerian side hardly sell fuel to motorists at all. Talk less of the porous borders along Saki and further up north,

The best way to discourage the smuggling is to adjust the price accordingly. Do not forget that during Buhari-Idiagbon era there was death sentence penalty for smuggling fuel and yet this did not deter the smugglers

HacheNoire:

Its not a must you comment.

That has been the order of the day for decades.

Do your research before you comment

5 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Sheggy13(m): 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2023
Bobloco:

This is pure propaganda

How is these products finding their way to those countries. No one have been sacked for not doing his job in securing our borders or arrested by the security agencies for smuggling

Instead of tackling the issues, they keep running around
Even after being educated, you still remain adamant on towing the path of foolishness and obstinacy because of your unbridled hate for President Tinubu. Who do una this thing?

OK, here's what happened. Let me give you a version airheads like you will like to hear. Tinubu gathered thousands of Benin Republic citizens in a house, gave them money and phones with subscription, and told them to start tweeting propaganda of how fuel subsidy removal in Nigeria is affecting their country. Happy now?

5 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by emmaodet: 6:25pm On Jun 02, 2023
sonature1:
All I know is that Nigerians don't take this country seriously. There's no way Benin Republic will be enjoying our subsidy without Nigerian customs and other border patrol agencies getting their share of the largasse.

How do you think custom officers earning 150k per month do live large? Buying many cars and living expensive live

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by ibtommy(m): 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2023
Bobloco:

Instead of fixing refineries, blocking leakages, having an effective and efficient border patrol to arrest and prosecute these smugglers

Shatap!!!
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Bobloco: 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2023
Sheggy13:

Even after being educated, you still remain adamant on towing the path of foolishness and obstinacy because of your unbridled hate for President Tinubu. Who do una this thing?

OK, here's what happened. Let me give you a version airheads like you will like to hear. Tinubu gathered thousands of Benin Republic citizens in a house, gave them money and phones with subscription, and told them to start tweeting propaganda of how fuel subsidy removal in Nigeria is affecting their country. Happy now?

Propaganda, lies and falsehood have always been the stock in trade of the APC and Tinubu
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Bobloco: 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2023
ibtommy:

Shatap!!!

This is all you could come up with
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by HRMK: 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
see the irony of it all!nigerians think the subsidy is to their benefit but it favors neighbouring countries more!marketers buy at cheap prices and sell outside the country at cut throat rates!what a big shame!!

3 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by ariesbull: 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
Lived in Port Novo! Sexy city but they must understand that subsidy is out and they must buy the fuel the way it is .....

4 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Mr2wealth: 6:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
Now that we know, we should stop blaming our president. Some people and countries are milking Nigeria and Nigerians, growing their economy while we suffer and complain here. THE KNOWN SECRET IS FINALLY OUT grin
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by symbianDON(m): 6:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
Bobloco:

God bless you
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Lucas4903: 6:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
Bobloco:

Whats propaganda here, e ti ya werey sir. Beninoise dey complain of the hardship that removal of subsidy will cost them and u are here chanting propaganda. you no well I swear. Even you Lord and Saviour Obi would have done thesame. Una wey just dey confused.

5 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Bobloco: 6:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
Lucas4903:

Whats propaganda here, e ti ya werey sir. Beninoise dey complain of the hardship that removal of subsidy will cost them and u are here chanting propaganda. you no well I swear. Even you Lord and Saviour Obi would have done thesame. Una wey just dey confused.

Obi would have done same but not this approach. Tinubu goofed big time with that "subsidy is gone" pronouncement right at the inauguration ground
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by viodemus: 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
sillybu and blame deflection = 5 & 6.

No solution but bragging comments.

The fraudulent criminal is also so naive in a real vast leadership situation. He is only good at religious and tribal politics. Akpabio, how far? you never understand the renowned criminal yet. Very wishy washy in his ways. And always seeking on how to be jamming heads to create confusion. Mr I built Lagos from scratch, he has already dropped the baton on day 1 and week 1, and is too tired to pick up the baton and continue the race.
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by ashawopikin(m): 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
Kpayo finish all of una there
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Corea4king(m): 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2023
DOptical:

So,we should die because govt subsiding some African countries.
Why can't govt tight their security across all boarders?.
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Corea4king(m): 7:17pm On Jun 02, 2023
Bobloco:

Don't mind those fools supporting subsidy removal
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by sunnnnyuu(m): 7:23pm On Jun 02, 2023
OldBeer:
Citizens of Benin Republic are right now taking to the streets of Twitter to bemoan the removal of fuel subsidy in Nigeria. With some hoping for the removal of President Tinubu.
It is big thieves want to block small thieves, Nigeria is subsidizing fuel to Camero, Chad Niger, Benin and above all the petroleum marketers will bring one thank but claim to be 5 for FG pays for five non-existing 4 tanks, now remains to block the executive, legislative and judiciary from looting the subsidy to their account

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) / What I Told Buhari When He Telephoned Me On My Daughter’s Killing -fasoranti / Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.