Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,553 members, 7,847,304 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:03 PM

We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA (25557 Views)

Petrol Prices To Fall Over Refineries’ Take Off, Says Cardoso / Reno Omokri Compares Petrol Prices In Ghana And Nigeria / NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by Showpatos: 11:37am On Jun 03, 2023
Thank u oooo
Dlewisi:
Is there anything like market forces in Nigeria. FOI, Market unions decide not minding the 'market forces'. Na God hand we dey.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by casualobserver: 11:42am On Jun 03, 2023
Blaze14k:

This question u asked.. first of all the 80 billion dollas you mentions is way out of proportion. How much is our external debt cos the figures for subsidy subsidy is around 11-13 trillion naira.

You are clearly not just an ignoramus but an imbecil3. The figures are out there, we spend an average of $10b a year on subsidy, over 8 years that is $80b. What does this have to do with external debt? It shows you don’t know what you are talking about.

My advice to you is to shut up. Because you have acces to internet does not mean you must comment. External debt and subsidy are 2 different unrelated matters.

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by Blaze14k: 11:49am On Jun 03, 2023
casualobserver:

You are clearly not just an ignoramus but an imbecil3. The figures are out there, we spend an average of $10b a year on subsidy, over 8 years that is $80b. What does this have to do with external debt? It shows you don’t know what you are talking about.

My advice to you is to shut up. Because you have acces to internet does not mean you must comment. External debt and subsidy are 2 different unrelated matters.

Ok lets see who is foolish cos i will make u look stupid right now.

Below is the lind of my findings so tell me how you got such figures?

https://businessday.ng/energy/article/buhari-burnt-n11-7trn-on-petrol-subsidies-will-his-successor-be-different/

Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by Sisora(m): 11:59am On Jun 03, 2023
Offpoint1:

Does your 10k includes hosting and domain?
no na. Wetin I go come gain?
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by casualobserver: 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2023
Blaze14k:

Ok lets see who is foolish cos i will make u look stupid right now.

Below is the lind of my findings so tell me how you got such figures?

https://businessday.ng/energy/article/buhari-burnt-n11-7trn-on-petrol-subsidies-will-his-successor-be-different/

You are an example of why people should use condoms and not give birth to children they cannot properly educate else they become a nuisance and a liability to society.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by theysg: 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2023
Blaze14k:

Some of you who support tinubu are so unintelligent. What this implies is the importers will determine the price of the market including dangotes refinery

Your foolish brain did not consider market force...

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by Offpoint1: 12:12pm On Jun 03, 2023
Sisora:
no na. Wetin I go come gain?
Na dey wey you write am
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by Blaze14k: 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2023
casualobserver:

You are an example of why people should use condoms and not give birth to children they cannot properly educate else they become a nuisance and a liability to society.

The idiot has resorted to insults cos he cant take the truth. You see the reason why i say i cant have reasonable convo with u cos u run ur mouth like tap water. Ignorant being! Next time u quote without anything constructive to say kiss me goodbye. You are clearly good at insults nothing more. Your head is empty
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by Blaze14k: 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2023
theysg:

Your foolish brain did not consider market force...

What is the market force can you explain it to the barest minimum?
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by theysg: 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2023
Blaze14k:

What is the market force can you explain it to the barest minimum?

To the barest minimum, Market forces are simply the forces of Demand and Supply.
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by Blaze14k: 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
theysg:

To the barest minimum, Market forces are simply the forces of Demand and Supply.

So what happens when barrel of crude oil is sold at $120?
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by Vision101(m): 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2023
@LagosBoi2
]Majority agrees that subsidy regime needs to go but my concern here is that, if they say refining locally will not bring down the price of petrol significantly i.e dangote and getting our local refineries to work, if other companies starts importing too taking away NNPC's market monopoly, that too will not bring it down significantly, what then will bring down the price of petrol significantly? Already Buhari has borrowed heaven and earth. Buhari has truly set traps for Tinubu. He will have to prove his brilliance once again in this difficult task ahead. May God help Him.

@me
Local refining and competition will bring down the price marginally because the associated import costs will not be there. Government can introduce marginal subsidy to refineries through tax rebate based on quantities supplied to the local market.

In this way there will be no corruption. We win by having more jobs, income to government and technology transfer.
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by xcosent(m): 12:26pm On Jun 03, 2023
since this agency is now useless...can Tinubu scrapt it to cut the cost of governance
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by Nightwolf1: 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2023
jullary:
Good. Let the competition start.
It should be a competitive market, las las the price will definitely comes down without subsidy.

Before we talk about competition here, ask yourself where crude oil would be sourced from by Dangote and other players in the petroleum industry.
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by Sisora(m): 12:29pm On Jun 03, 2023
Offpoint1:

Na dey wey you write am
I said installation.
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by Vision101(m): 12:29pm On Jun 03, 2023
@Sisora
Nonsense.

How can market forces operate when there's no free entrance?

Only one supplier in the market. Of course it'll need to be regulated.

@me
Read well. Any business entity can import now. Source your fx from anywhere. No cheap cbn fx anymore. The market is free.
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by rickleye: 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2023
jullary:
Good. Let the competition start.
It should be a competitive market, las las the price will definitely comes down without subsidy.

Hmm, the government should say this is the maximum you can charge. You can’t trust the Nigerian to set the price by themselves . So if I import 6Million barrels , I’ll get it cheaper than someone who imports 2million barrels. I can also therefore run the competition out of business by charging a lower price or work with my competitors in charging a higher price .

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by COMPAQ(m): 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2023
KingKO22:
Good

At worst petrol should not be more than 450 in Nigeria

No matter how bad international market is

So if crude prices go up to $120 n ko?
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by Geopex(m): 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2023
ironheart:
After pegging the price so high to favour your paymasters. Its sad that subsidy had already been paid for until the end of june. Why are we so evil in this country?

Who paid, buhari still owed nnpc 2.2trillion naira on subsidy and u said they already paid. I promise to pay is different from i have paid u. Pls let's research well b4 talking here.
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by MrWraith: 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2023
Anyone who believes the price of petrol will ever come down without government intervention is a f*cking idiot. What other commodity in Nigeria has ever come down in price? Price fixing of an essential commodity is done everywhere, petrol in Nigeria is the most important product in our economy, it powers most business, our transportation sector as well as cost of goods and services, even food stuffs hinges on its price. Regulating price of PMS even after subsidy ended should be this government's priority if not Dangote will feed fat from the monopoly he'll enjoy as he has in cement
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by theysg: 2:08pm On Jun 03, 2023
Blaze14k:

So what happens when barrel of crude oil is sold at $120?

You ask a question about market force and I answered you, whatsoever you have about 120$ per barrel, please go ahead and educate me.
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by TheBTCinvestor: 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2023
datola:
Yes. It's fine. But your agency too should be scrapped and the directors including you sacked.

Haha why u dey beef na...make all thier workers go house?
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by onosbaba3310: 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2023
casualobserver:

😂😂😂🌞🤣 answer him na, why the insult🤣
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by onosbaba3310: 2:59pm On Jun 03, 2023
theysg:

You ask a question about market force and I answered you, whatsoever you have about 120$ per barrel, please go ahead and educate me.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by TheBTCinvestor: 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2023
chukiz:
Nmdpra should be scraped ASAP.

Y u dey beef thier workers angry
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by CodeTemplar: 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2023
casualobserver:

There is no fucking back up plan you slowpoke! The only back up plan is to stop living a life of fantasy, indulgence and start living a life of realities. If you have borrowed to eat and borrowed to feed your neighbor for years. The day there is no more money to borrow to finance your illusion, you are forced to face your realities….that day has come! Backup plan ko, back up plan ni , palliative this , palliative that, that is the illusion that has brought us to where we are.

There is no money for subsidy, there is no money for palliative. Get used to the reality. It’s onlY in a poor country of poor men with poor mimdsets that poor men will be driving gas guzzling 4wd trucks. Serious countries drive economy cars conscious of fuel economy. Now all of us will have to face the realities of the illusion and delusion…there is no more money!!!!

Now Nigerians will understand that the same tank of petrol can take you twice the distance if we stop speeding accelataring and braking anyhow. It’s only in Nigeria that people, buy cars without any knowledge of the fuel consumption, all that will change now.

If you like, buy petrol @ 500 or 700, if you like you don’t. If you like you go on strike when you don’t get paid you will come back and buy petrol At the market rate. If you like buy Toyota Tundra or 5 liter Mercedes’, if you like downgrade to Corolla. If you like buy petrol at 500 and burn all the petrol speeding, if you like you go slowly and extend your range. Nobody will tell Nigerians before they borrow themselves a brain. If you like you carpool, if you like buy bicycle. , if you like make the roads your second home. If you like work from home and stop unnecessary journies If you like don’t go to work, but know you won’t eat.
So of the failing aspects of Nigeria, it is petrol subsidy you guys noticed? Security has gulped so much money and is messier for it.
The loans whose repayment we have been forced go remove subsidy for was used to build unrealistic infrastructure. The train is one of the major projects, it can't repay 10% of its cost in the near future.
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by casualobserver: 3:17pm On Jun 03, 2023
CodeTemplar:

So of the failing aspects of Nigeria, it is petrol subsidy you guys noticed? Security has gulped so much money and is messier for it.
The loans whose repayment we have been forced go remove subsidy for was used to build unrealistic infrastructure. The train is one of the major projects, it can't repay 10% of its cost in the near future.

What is the root of insecurity…..Poverty. What is the cause of poverty,…..hopelessness caused by lack of investment in infrastructure education and things that promote the productive sectors of the economy and create good jobs. Why can’t govt invest in education infrastructure and other sectors of the economy that will create jobs and reduce poverty….because out of every 4 Naira government receives, it borrows another 1 to subsidize petrol.

If you cannot see the link, there is no point in continuing this discussion.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by CodeTemplar: 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2023
casualobserver:

What is the root of insecurity…..Poverty. What is the cause of poverty,…..hopelessness caused by lack of investment in infrastructure education and things that promote the productive sectors of the economy and create good jobs. Why can’t govt invest in education infrastructure and other sectors of the economy that will create jobs and reduce poverty….because out of every 4 Naira government receives, it borrows another 1 to subsidize petrol.

If you cannot see the link, there is no point in continuing this discussion.
I am guessing poverty surged around 2009 when insecurity took off on another level. You are just a cheap paid spinner.
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by drlateef: 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
Blaze14k:

Some of you who support tinubu are so unintelligent. What this implies is the importers will determine the price of the market including dangotes refinery

They are more intelligent than you. Did you not read that they will monitor prices to make sure there’s no profiteering based on expected profit margin? Go back to school.
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by Cheeryfeet: 3:54pm On Jun 03, 2023
Blaze14k:

You know the funny thing is you know all these things and Jonathan wanted to take off the same man who opposed it is now the one taking it off. Can you see how hypocritical u sound.

Ok lets see from your analysis what will happen next since u have it all figured out

Bro no vex o. Me I be confirmed o edient. I don't support agbado master just the law of supply and demand will play out. You sound offended. Sorry
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by theysg: 3:57pm On Jun 03, 2023
onosbaba3310:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What's funny, go ahead and explain.
Re: We Won’t Fix Petrol Prices Again – NMDPRA by casualobserver: 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2023
CodeTemplar:
I am guessing poverty surged around 2009 when insecurity took off on another level. You are just a cheap paid spinner.

Go and read up on Venezuela and what subsidy has done to them. They have the most oil reserves in the world (more than Saudi) , their petrol is the cheapest in the world thanks to subsidies and 97% of the population lives in poverty. That’s the path Nigeria was on. It’s no coincidence we became the poverty capital of the world in the last 12 years under the subsidy regime.

No point in arguing with you anyway. Subsidy is gone and it ain’t coming back, if you like strike, when hunger catch all of una nobody will tell you to buy petrol or buy a bicycle and go to work.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH / Owerri Jailbreak: Names Of Escaped Prisoners Wanted By Police (Updated) / Tinubu Visits Seyi Makinde In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.