Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,052 members, 7,863,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:46 AM

The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward (692 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Wife Speaks About Biafra Agitation And Her Husband's Abduction. / Bruce Mayrock The Biafrans Hero, Died 30th May 1969 / May 30th: Biafran Agitation And The Effects Of Python Dance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by Enemyofpeace: 6:21am On Jun 04, 2023
Asimiyu Abiodun Ladepo is an expert in Military and Security Affairs, and is based in the United States. He writes:

“Nobody should be trying to discourage Biafrans from leaving Nigeria. We should make sure we are fair to them by making the process bloodless:

1. Pick a date for secession.

2. Draw boundaries for the intended country. I assume it will be named Biafra.

3. Ensure all communities contiguous with or within 10 kilometers radius of the drawn borders agree to be included or excluded.

4. Compile a list of all Igbos all over Nigeria.

5. Understand that secession means every Igbo based all over Nigeria MUST return home to live in Biafra on or before the date set in No 1.

6. Understand what No 5 means is that all Igbos in the Federal and State services in Nigeria MUST forfeit their employment perpetually and return to Biafraland prior to No 7.

7. Conduct a referendum (funded by the protagonists but witnessed by Nigeria and international observers) on whether or not to secede. We must ensure all Igbos have a say in their self determination. No Igbo person should be railroaded into Biafra if they choose to not go. And they can't remain Nigerians if Biafra succeeds.

8. If secession succeeds, Biafra can go without firing one single shot.

9. Biafrans will now have the same status that all other West Africans have with Nigeria. They can only travel to/through or reside in Nigeria according to Nigeria's immigration laws. They can only do business or invest in Nigeria according to Nigerian laws.

10. If secession fails, it has failed forever. Anyone who brings it up again will be charged with treason”

Copied

4 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by HacheNoire: 6:30am On Jun 04, 2023
I am quite aware you copied article, but do you think the points raised are feasible.

It’s pure fiction on paper.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by oyebanji44: 7:16am On Jun 04, 2023
Any time ,the ibo fails to have the political ,biafra is the next option... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by gabbytabby: 7:26am On Jun 04, 2023
I think this is a fair plan if truly the igbos want to secede.

3 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by Patriotsleague: 7:32am On Jun 04, 2023
Feasible plan.

3 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by wahahlawahala: 8:54am On Jun 04, 2023
U think den no know all those things... but den no wan pay d price .
d greedy ones among Dem (majority) just wan chop dia cake and still have it😂

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by okeysoninv: 9:23am On Jun 04, 2023
There can never be a biafra as a separate country but a United Africa states. Those drunkards dreaming of biafra are fools.

4 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by cazchi: 9:40am On Jun 04, 2023
What happens to the Yorubas, hausas and fulanis in Biafra?
Point 5 isn't feasible because:
1) Igbo is but one tribe amongst many in Biafra.
2) All Nigerians outside of Biafra remain Nigerians unless they revoke their citizenship and gain Biafra's. Especially those who pay taxes to Nigeria. No different to Nigerians who are citizens overseas.

I dare say that dual citizenship will be q clause for a set period of time, afterwhich one must align with Nigeria or Biafra.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by OloyeVIII: 10:03am On Jun 04, 2023
Hmm.. If we won't be landlocked i'll agree, but then the West will want to be free. meaning landlocking the rest of the regions to the North, i don't think they'll agree. They'd rather fight than deny them maritime access.
Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by orisa37: 10:27am On Jun 04, 2023
ADOPT FAPRES FOTCS AND CTC FOCS TRFG
AND SHAME ALL ODDS.
Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by Tmb78(m): 10:42am On Jun 04, 2023
Pls, let all igbos always shouting
"let us go"
read this and do the needful ASAP.

Let all igbos in the senate and house of representatives do same too.

If they can't, then let them not disturb us again with unserious chants of
"we want to go , but you won't let us"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by T8ksy(m): 11:53am On Jun 04, 2023
okeysoninv:
There can never be a biafra as a separate country but a United Africa states. Those drunkards dreaming of biafra are fools.

Am sorry to say this but you are actually, the drunkard here.

Over a century of living together and Nigeria has found it impossible to be united and you are talking about united States of Africa.

Geez, what have you been smoking, lately?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by okeysoninv: 11:59am On Jun 04, 2023
T8ksy:

Am sorry to say this but you are actually, the drunkard here.

Over a century of living together and Nigeria has found it impossible to be united and you are talking about united States of Africa.

Geez, what have you been smoking, lately?
I speak with the authority from Haven there is nothing like a country called biafra . Rather prosperous nation of United States of Africa . Mostly sub Saharan Even NIGERIA will fall into United States of Africa. No more country no more borders.

1 Like

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by Godwin4444: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2023
oyebanji44:
Any time ,the ibo fails to have the political ,biafra is the next option... grin grin

don’t mind them

They have failed with Igbo president now it’s Biafra, all they want is to b president n since they can’t come out straight because of shame they are now hiding under ipob propaganda

Same people that voted 100% in d last election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by Godwin4444: 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2023
cazchi:
What happens to the Yorubas, hausas and fulanis in Biafra?
Point 5 isn't feasible because:
1) Igbo is but one tribe amongst many in Biafra.
2) All Nigerians outside of Biafra remain Nigerians unless they revoke their citizenship and gain Biafra's. Especially those who pay taxes to Nigeria. No different to Nigerians who are citizens overseas.

I dare say that dual citizenship will be q clause for a set period of time, afterwhich one must align with Nigeria or Biafra.
they want to leave Nigeria n still want dual citizenship

They are dreamers

2 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by Greenbirth: 2:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
No matter how the Hausa and Yoruba try to hold on Biafra. It will definitely fail one day. Go and ask Almighty Rome, Russian or Germany. They all tailed.

Look, the IBO's should just be ready. The problems of IBO's is land borders. They don't Have good neighbors e.g Cameroon. Cameroon has been so wicked to IBO's.

1 Like

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by cazchi: 5:24pm On Jun 04, 2023
Godwin4444:
they want to leave Nigeria n still want dual citizenship

They are dreamers

When it comes to serious matters such as Nationhood, emotional, sentimental men like you're are usually left outside.

You'll be an observer!
Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by Rutherford2019: 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
I'm ardent supporter of Biafra
I decided to remain silent because the way they go about it is making it impossible to get the likes of Obasanjo, IBB and rest knows that Igbos have right to go
Buhari even said it and I quote "I called the south south and asked them are you part of them and they said No. They (Igbos) can go if they want. They're just a dot but they should not force other parts of Nigeria to join them "
I believe in a Biafra of 5 south east states
Even though it will be painful at first but with the likes of Peter Obi and Okonjo Iweala Biafra will be the best country in Africa
We don't need Niger Delta to be great
If Niger Delta said they are not part of Biafra we should let them be
I just want a separate states of 5 Eastern state where merit will rule and insecurity will be a thing of the past
Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by paramakina202: 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
wahahlawahala:
U think den no know all those things... but den no wan pay d price .
d greedy ones among Dem (majority) just wan chop dia cake and still have it😂

But Nigeria government won't even discuss referendum talkless of granting it.
You will start hearing words like Nigeria is indivisible, Nigeria must remain one.
Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by flokii: 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2023
The problem is that the Igbos living in Nigeria aren't willing to go back to biafra they have been screaming.. They only want a colony where they will enslave the minorities like ijaws, ikwerres, igalas etc. and shut North and West out.. I mean you can't claim to want divorce from someone and still stay put under the person's roof. Ko possible!

The Igbos think they will have biafra today and still remain in Lagos, Abuja, Kano etc. Kolewerk

This is the exact same thing we have been sounding to them. Nigerians too will decide that all Igbos MUST leave their territory in a referendum with world leaders present. Failure to vacate other people's territory will reault in eventual genocide and ethnic cleansing.. This is what we don't want.

Igbos can have biafra as far as they will all pack their things and go live in their new country.

2 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by cazchi: 8:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
flokii:
The problem is that the Igbos living in Nigeria aren't willing to go back to biafra they have been screaming.. They only want a colony where they will enslave the minorities like ijaws, ikwerres, igalas etc. and shut North and West out.. I mean you can't claim to want divorce from someone and still stay put under the person's roof. Ko possible!

The Igbos think they will have biafra today and still remain in Lagos, Abuja, Kano etc. Kolewerk

This is the exact same thing we have been sounding to them. Nigerians too will decide that all Igbos MUST leave their territory in a referendum with world leaders present. Failure to vacate other people's territory will reault in eventual genocide and ethnic cleansing.. This is what we don't want.

Igbos can have biafra as far as they will all pack their things and go live in their new country.

Chaiiiiii... see wetin black African dey talk. Genocide of a fellow African tribe. Chaiiiiii. E no go better for who do black man this thing.
Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by flokii: 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
cazchi:

Chaiiiiii... see wetin black African dey talk. Genocide of a fellow African tribe. Chaiiiiii. E no go better for who do black man this thing.

I guess you've forgotten the Xenpphobic attacks in SA so soon.. the average Igbo person thinks he is smarter and better than everybody which is false. The Hausas have clipped Igbos wings and now Yorubas are waking up to reality.

It's simple.. If you want your separate country, you leave my region for good. Pick every last thing you have cos you're never coming back.
In a referendum, everyone has right to make demands before reaching a consensus.

2 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by cazchi: 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
flokii:

I guess you've forgotten the Xenpphobic attacks in SA so soon.. the average Igbo person thinks he is smarter and better than everybody which is false. The Hausas have clipped Igbos wings and now Yorubas are waking up to reality.

It's simple.. If you want your separate country, you leave my region for good. Pick every last thing you have cos you're never coming back.
In a referendum, everyone has right to make demands before reaching a consensus.

You're an actual idiot and I don't think you're worth any serious thought or response. You want the genocide of an African indigenous tribe because they express their desire to self-determination, yet the west keep screwing you in a million ways that you can fathom, the Lebanese suck you dry, the Chinese are putting you in perpetual slavery and the religion is extinguishing your sense and culture.

You, my guy are incredibly retarded and deserve the worst of Leaders.
Re: The Biafrans Agitation And The Way Forward by Quintopia: 12:00am On Jun 05, 2023
Rutherford2019:
I'm ardent supporter of Biafra
I decided to remain silent because the way they go about it is making it impossible to get the likes of Obasanjo, IBB and rest knows that Igbos have right to go
Buhari even said it and I quote "I called the south south and asked them are you part of them and they said No. They (Igbos) can go if they want. They're just a dot but they should not force other parts of Nigeria to join them "
I believe in a Biafra of 5 south east states
Even though it will be painful at first but with the likes of Peter Obi and Okonjo Iweala Biafra will be the best country in Africa
We don't need Niger Delta to be great
If Niger Delta said they are not part of Biafra we should let them be
I just want a separate states of 5 Eastern state where merit will rule and insecurity will be a thing of the past

But the highlighted is NOT what IPOB want.

Nnamdi Kanu was offered precisely THAT when he was in prison in 2017, and he rejected it, saying he must have Rivers state, Benue state etc as well.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/237582-i-rejected-offer-biafra-five-igbo-states-nnamdi-kanu.html

Their 'Biafra' campaign is just a crude attempt at RESOURCE GRAB couched in the deceit of 'Igbo self-determination'.

And the reason they hate Nigeria is that Nigeria won't just let them grab the oil and gas resources all to themselves.

Nigeria is in their way.

If they get their impossible nation, they would quickly decimate the southern non-Igbo delta populations by sheer weight of their majority. They would make war on them, kill them off to control those oil fields which they see as rightfully 'theirs'.

THAT'S WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT.

(1) (Reply)

You Suffered ‘technical Glitch’ In Your Own Case – Kenneth Okonkwo Mocks INEC. / Picture Of The Day / Looters Comment: How Senators Forced Oshiomhole To Eat The Humble Pie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.