Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,536 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 (1613 Views)

When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) / How Jonathan Removed Justice Ayo Salami - Vanguard News, 2011. / Why President Jonathan Removed Justice Salami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Toks2008(m): 6:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
The publication was dated Wednesday, January 11, 2012, and was an edition of The Nation newspaper as published by Vintage Press Limited.

It reads...

ACTION Congress of Nigeria (ACN) national leader and former governor of Lagos State Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has accused the a Jonathan presidency of shirking its so- cial contract with the people by suddenly removing petrol subsidy

He, however, provided a window out of the crisis: if subsidy must be removed at all, it must never be at one fell swoop.

He said it must be on calibrated phrases, on which the promised gains are mea- sured and confirmed before moving to the next phase of removal.

"Government must modify the sudden and complete removal of the subsidy. Elther we restore the subsidy or use the funds for other social purposes,"

Tinubu counselled in a special statement he cap- tioned, "Removal of oil subsidy-Presi dent Jonathan breaks social contract with the people' and which he personally signed.

"If we are to use the funds for other programmes, these programmes shall be placed on parallel track with the subsidy.

These were Tinubu's very own words so what happened?, why did he decide to go against his very own advise?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Ofunaofu: 6:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
The same thing Tinubu said to Goodluck Jonathan then is what we Nigerians are saying to him today but his supporters are accusing us of being an IPOB

10 Likes

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
grin
Abeg we are tired of this noise. Jonathan is to be blamed for being a weakling. Had it been Peter Obi, he would have stood his ground.

So toks2008 should we go back to 2012? We are now in 2023. Should the subsidy remain?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Toks2008(m): 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ofunaofu:
The same thing Tinubu said to Goodluck Jonathan then is what Nigerian are saying to him today but his supporters are accusing us of being an IPOB

This is the tiring twist to it bro.

Only a beast with a stone heart will support the manner in which he removed it.

Maybe he was power drunk and just wanted to try his authority grin

Baba dey form emperor in a democratic setting.

4 Likes

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Jostoman: 7:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
He thinks Nigerians have forgot, they think they can use this subsidy to make things difficult for those that are challenging him in court just the way they make things difficult for Other Candidate that contested against him and the other Apc candidate before and during election through Naira scarcity

2 Likes

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
Toks2008:

This is the tiring twist to it bro.

Only a beast with a stone heart will support the manner in which he removed it.

Maybe he was power drunk and just wanted to try his authority grin

Baba dey form emperor in a democratic setting.

Technically Buhari removed it before leaving.
Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Jostoman: 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin
Abeg we are tired of this noise. Jonathan is to be blamed for being a weakling. Had it been Peter Obi, he would have stood his ground.

So toks2008 should we go back to 2012? We are now in 2023. Should the subsidy remain?
remove Peter obi from your comment

1 Like

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Ofunaofu: 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Did Buhari technically removed it on the eve of his hand over

1 Like

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Toks2008(m): 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Till june ending and trust me, he can still use this time to consult and come up with a better way of doing it.

Let's call a spade what it is.

1 Like

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Ihateheadslamer: 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2023
No mind them.

They've suddenly runout of ideas
Ofunaofu:
The same thing Tinubu said to Goodluck Jonathan then is what we Nigerians are saying to him today but his supporters are accusing us of being an IPOB

1 Like

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Toks2008(m): 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

Another hokus pocus.

First off, every responsible Govt subsidises for their citizens... Go and check all OPEC countries.

People are actually paying for the corrupt practises of Nigeria govt.

Now we say no problem.... Remove the subsidy but do it the right way... THE EXACT WAY TINUBU HIMSELF ADVISED.

And you are still writing this Blublu

3 Likes

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
Toks2008:

Another hokus pocus.

First off, every responsible Govt subsidises for their citizens... Go and check all OPEC countries.

People are actually paying for the corrupt practises of Nigeria govt.

Now we say no problem.... Remove the subsidy but do it the right way... THE EXACT WAY TINUBU HIMSELF ADVISED.

And you are still writing this Blublu

That was 2012. Fuel that we have been buying for #400 plus before this removal without complain.
Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Toks2008(m): 7:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

That was 2012.

See response... Chai who do us this strong thing?

So because it is 2023, Nigerians are now ripe for suffering...

Stockholm syndrome dey worry many Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by sapele914(m): 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ofunaofu:
The difference between then & now, Jonathan in 2012 removed subsidy based on an executive order, you Nigerians removed subsidy in 2021 via way of an act of legislation (National Assembly) aka the PIB Act.

No need to waste your time, it is law, paying fuel subsidy is a crime now in Nigeria.

Only the Supreme Court of Nigeria could give you hope, & they will throw the request out.
Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by mbaise1000: 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2023
I am patiently watching
Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Ofunaofu: 7:20pm On Jun 04, 2023
sapele914:
The difference between then & now, Jonathan in 2012 removed subsidy based on an executive order, you Nigerians removed subsidy in 2021 via way of an act of legislation (National Assembly) aka the PIB Act.

No need to waste your time, it is law, paying fuel subsidy is a crime now in Nigeria.

When was the Bill signed into law
Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by sapele914(m): 7:20pm On Jun 04, 2023
Toks2008:

2032, your mind will still be in covid-19 year 2020.
Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by sapele914(m): 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2023
Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by nawa4naija(m): 7:22pm On Jun 04, 2023
We are here and we will be here

To watch them cry when kasala go burst

Those supporting Tinubu are practically the problem with this county

1 Like

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2023
Toks2008:

What was the general reaction of Nigerians in 2012 compared to 2023 with regards to subsidy removal.

Why was there a massive protest against it in 2012 while we are only having a pocket of resistance today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by sapele914(m): 7:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
nawa4naija:
We are here and we will be here

To watch them cry when kasala go burst

Those supporting Tinubu are practically the problem with this county
Shameless Incoherent Obidient, it isn’t Buhari’s supporters that are the problem anymore, it is now Bola Tinubu’s supporters?

1 Like

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by nawa4naija(m): 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
sapele914:
Shameless Incoherent Obidient, it isn’t Buhari’s supporters that are the problem anymore, it is now Bola Tinubu’s supporters?
Oga all of you supporting APC are evil minded set of demons and I will only sit by the side and watch how it plays out. You can sell your conscience for all I care but KARMA is real and I will be here waiting to see you are your clueless group wail

1 Like

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by b3llo(m): 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
Buhari was the one who removed subsidy

1 Like

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:46pm On Jun 04, 2023
I find your comment below to be one laced with a human face. The truth is, Tinubu has learnt for the past and particularly from Jonathan's mistake.

Toks2008:

You obviously don't know me.

When I say a word I stand by it till death and if I realize I make a mistake I retract and apologize when necessary
Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Toks2008(m): 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2023
b3llo:
Buhari was the one who removed subsidy

Till june ending YES and this period is enough to do proper consultation with all stake holders.

Nobody is against subsidy removal as harsh and crazy as it sounds...
It is the manner that is wrong.

Only an evil person with a stone heart will not see anything wrong in it.

1 Like

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by Standing5(m): 3:08am On Jun 05, 2023
Tinubu seem to have forgotten his own advise.

1 Like

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by gare(f): 3:15am On Jun 05, 2023
Toks2008:
The publication was dated Wednesday, January 11, 2012, and was an edition of The Nation newspaper as published by Vintage Press Limited.

It reads...

ACTION Congress of Nigeria (ACN) national leader and former governor of Lagos State Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has accused the a Jonathan presidency of shirking its so- cial contract with the people by suddenly removing petrol subsidy

He, however, provided a window out of the crisis: if subsidy must be removed at all, it must never be at one fell swoop.

He said it must be on calibrated phrases*, on which the promised gains are mea- sured and confirmed before moving to the next phase of removal.

"Government must modify the sudden and complete removal of the subsidy. Elther we restore the subsidy or use the funds for other social purposes,"

Tinubu counselled in a special statement he cap- tioned, "Removal of oil subsidy-Presi dent Jonathan breaks social contract with the people' and which he personally signed.

"If we are to use the funds for other programmes, these programmes shall be placed on parallel track with the subsidy.

These were Tinubu's very own words so what happened?, why did he decide to go against his very own advise?

Forget those dull supporters of Tinubu, one of them just approached me that I should help him with 4ltrs of fuel that the car stopped on the way, I simply told him to call Tinubu and I closed my gate.

Tinubu was very right with his proposed plan of subsidy removal can he do that now and show to us what the money was used for. If not he is an hypocrite along with his supporters going around begging for fuel

1 Like

Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by chinchum(m): 4:57am On Jun 05, 2023
Did we have a dangote refinery then?
Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by VinnyBaba: 4:58am On Jun 05, 2023
gare:

Forget those dull supporters of Tinubu, one of them just approached me that I should help him with 4ltrs of fuel that the car stopped on the way, I simply told him to call Tinubu and I closed my gate.

Tinubu was very right with his proposed plan of subsidy removal can he do that now and show to us what the money was used for. If not he is an hypocrite along with his supporters going around begging for fuel

Dat's the Tomfoolery most of these APC fans practise. sad

They are broke BEGGARS in their Neighbourhood but form Macho online. 😒🤦
Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by nabiz(m): 5:43am On Jun 05, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

so Jonathan is a weak man because he listened to the masses. You are mad. Why are you people hypocrites and evil? I spit on you. Shameless animal
Re: The exact thing Tinubu said when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in 2012 by 3pointsagree: 9:47am On Jun 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:

God bless President Tinubu

(1) (2) (Reply)

Southeast Is The Most Dependent On Other Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria - Omokri / Jakande Conceived Banana Island, Allocated No Plot To Self – Son / CSU Certificate: Save Us Members Of APC Of Inflicted Shame, Eze Counsels Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.