Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock (26801 Views)

Alleged Flouting Of Court Order: We Are Copying The FG - TUC President, Osifo / Fuel Subsidy: NLC Issues Seven-Day Nationwide Strike Notice / FG, TUC Meeting On Fuel Subsidy Removal Ends In Deadlock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Tflex01: 9:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
Cloudflare:
To those "this govt will favour me and my family" gang. How far? E dey favour una abi e no dey favour una? Idiots and fools everywhere!
Don't worry it won't favour you. Your own misery and that of your family will multiply in this administration.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by SmartyPants(m): 9:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Nice that you ask for data. I don't have those at the tip of my fingers but will share when I get them. One of the most visible roles is that of Media assistants. Can we do away with all of those and have employees with the Ministry of Information work those roles so we can maximally utilise employees we already pay for? I'm not even mentioning all the multiple SSAs that each of the ministers get to appoint. The SSAs in turn have their assistants.

I was in a meeting with work colleagues who asked me how can Nigeria afford to have someone hired to open the door of the person that opens the door for a Government executive.

I am not justifying the subsidy on petrol. I'm asking for government to first of eliminate all fiscal waste to show good fate. Fix electricity (6 months is enough for any serious government to fix outages right?) and see Nigerians demand for petrol fizzle out

Sure, I have no doubt there are lots of areas of leakage but I doubt allowances alone can really add up to enough to cover the subsidy. Except you want to go after the lawmakers who consume astronomical amounts--but how will he do that practically? Again, the other question is, is it necessarily a good thing to fire all those supposedly useless aides? Isn't this one of the ways government creates employment?

Also, fixing electricity is a big ask. If no government has been able to do it yet, doesn't placing that as a prerequisite effectively mean an indefinite postponement of the subsidy removal?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Parachoko: 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2023
Vischy:

Then why declare subsidy removal when there's no structure and plan on ground to cushion the effects?

Don't tell me Tinubu came into power unprepared.

egunna:
y did he not put the structures in place bfr removing the subsidy?where is he rushing to?just a week of this fuel regime,do u know the hardship it will cause us?I voted for tinubu coz I Blvd in him but dis decision is hasty and shud be condemned by all ND sundry.
Apart from the fact that Government do not have the money to pay for subsidy

Subsidizing is not recognize by the PIB. The FG should have stop paying for subsidy since 2021.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Otunbakayce: 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
seanfer:
We know who the NLC is working for.
Onikure,tebi Tara e onijere.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Musty4ahmed1: 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2023
Let this sink to NLC, I am a Nigerian worker, they do not represent my interest at this time, fuel subsidy is an organized crime by the few against Nigerian masses. The removal of subsidy is long overdue, they can no longer deceive us. NLC is a political wing of Labour Party, they are highly parisan with the NLC Chairman Joe Ajaero openly campaigning for Obi, they want to destabilize Nigeria since their candidate did not win. NLC is a fraud they never have the interest of the masses at heart. All Nigerian workers should ignore them, where were they when Emefiele did shege to Nigerians by denying them their hard earned monies? Criminal gang of few oil marketers sponsoring NLC in conjuction with Labour party.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Ajamzy: 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
Liberalism.... Conservative is better. Yoruba ronu
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by April4th(m): 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
HacheNoire:
NLC has been bought by subsidy cabals.

Dialogue is not on the table. All they want is a reverse. Those bastards will spend anything to get it reversed.

Are the subsidy cabals ghosts? That the federal government cannot arrest and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law? For ages we've been hearing subsidy is a scam, but up until tomorrow morning not one person or persons or company has been arraigned for subsidy fraud beats my imagination.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Tflex01: 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
Savedday2:
Of what use is subsidy removal when we know that few individuals will still loot the money?

As far as am concerned, subsidy is the only thing the common man is benefiting from the government.

Buhari increased the price of fuel he didn't use the money to do anything instead, he borrowed more money for looting.

Make them leave our subsidy for us!

But you hailed Obi when he said he will remove subsidy. grin

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by elasticlala: 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
Goodman2023:
...yes... the same person that NLC is working for is the same person that told tinubu to say he will remove subsidy during his inauguration speech.

Infact, NLC and tinubu are working for obi
U Dey mind the idiot. It’s unfortunate that most people have been blinded by tribalism to an extent that they don’t know they are suffering in both psychological, material, and social dimensions. Fools
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by 2mch(m): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
Musty4ahmed1:
Let this sink to NLC, I am a Nigerian worker, they do not represent my interest at this time, fuel subsidy is an organized crime by the few against Nigerian masses. The removal of subsidy is long overdue, they can no longer deceive us. NLC is a political wing of Labour Party, they are highly parisan with the NLC Chairman Joe Ajaero openly campaigning for Obi, they want to do stabilize Nigeria since their candidate did not win. NLC is a fraud they never have the interest of the masses at heart. All Nigerian workers should ignore them, where were they when Emefiele did shege to Nigerians by denying them their hard earned monies? Criminal gang of few oil marketers using sponsoring NLC in conjuction with Labour party.
I am sure even Presidents of Cameroon, Niger, Chad and even Ghana will add money to sponsor this protest. Ajaero should ensure this protest is a huge success because he will be severely investigated and humiliated to the point where he will not recover.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Iamzik: 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
Im surprised that only igbos carry the NLC nationwide strike on their head like Gala.

Very bitter souls who are always against every good thing that will move this country forward.

A shame

It's a shame that you have to tribalize everything.

Transport fare has doubled and food prices have increased. If the increment does not affect you then allow those who are affected to make their demands from government.

If you claim that this sudden fuel price hike does not affect you then It's either you are not in Nigeria or your earn money in multimillions.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Antiurchins: 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
simpleseyi:

NLC will soon be proscribed, then they will go to Court for several years. That's the end of NLC

most useless comments I have ever seen
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Tflex01: 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

Tinubu is not as stubborn as OBJ
If Oshiomole an Edo man as NLC president can deal with OBJ, who is Tinubu that Ajeero (Another edo man) can't deal with🤣🤣
NLC is about to be active again

Lmao... This mu.mu don't know Tinubu

cheesy
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by optimusprime2(m): 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
seanfer:

Chairman please stop this, please I beg you to use common sense in this situation.

Are you not witnessing how general costs have skyrocketed?

Is it still normal to operate a national budget of 33K minimum wage?

How can subsidy be removed from the national budget but things like the minimum wage and other critical sectors still maintain the same budget...

Is that how national Economics works?

Please allow NLC to do their job, the heat is affecting everyone
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by chidiokay: 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ofunaofu:

They are working for Nigerians

Nigerians are simply reminding Tinubu of his words to Goodluck Jonathan in 2012 over the latter decision to remove fuel subsidy

For how long will you people keep hiding under GEJ, even pdp don't quote 2012 as much as Obedient do online ..

The same NLC that lost it tongues for 8yrs under Buhari suddenly find there it fews a South westerner took office
where was NLC during fuel scarcity and cash scarcity now they want Nigerians to be believe it about the interest of the people, the people they failed for 8yrs under buhari.
NLC is fighting for Peter Obi course certainly not Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by April4th(m): 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
Musty4ahmed1:
Let this sink to NLC, I am a Nigerian worker, they do not represent my interest at this time, fuel subsidy is an organized crime by the few against Nigerian masses. The removal of subsidy is long overdue, they can no longer deceive us. NLC is a political wing of Labour Party, they are highly parisan with the NLC Chairman Joe Ajaero openly campaigning for Obi, they want to destabilize Nigeria since their candidate did not win. NLC is a fraud they never have the interest of the masses at heart. All Nigerian workers should ignore them, where were they when Emefiele did shege to Nigerians by denying them their hard earned monies? Criminal gang of few oil marketers using sponsoring NLC in conjuction with Labour party.

All of a sudden NLC is now a political wing of Labour party, but when this same NLC shutdown the country in 2012 after GEJ announced the removal of subsidy they weren't affiliated to any political party. So subsidy wasn't a scam in 2012, but in 2023 you people suddenly realized it's a scam and only a few is benefitting from it. Smh

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by MrsTblooms: 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2023
Nigerians are aware that NLC is for LP

NLC/LP will eventually find out they are alone on this this time around.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Tekzyflex(m): 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2023
Am really shocked that nigeria youths are still not smart. How do you expect someone earning 40k to cope or are you not feeling the pains already.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by cyberguy72(m): 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
Im surprised that only igbos carry the NLC nationwide strike on their head like Gala.

Very bitter souls who are always against every good thing that will move this country forward.

A shame
Check ur brain.... meanwhile am From SS b4 u come and tag me ipob.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Iamzik: 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
2mch:

I am sure even Presidents of Cameroon, Niger, Chad and even Ghana will add money to sponsor this protest. Ajaero should ensure this protest is a huge success because he will be severely investigated and humiliated to the point where he will not recover.

Bring it on. Start the investigation then you will know that nobody has monopoly of political rascality.

It's pathetic how people support unconscionable government policies. This was the same way apc goons kept telling buhari that he's doing well and labelling anyone who criticize him as IPOB

You lot have started again. When did it become a crime to protest draconian government policy?
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by cyberguy72(m): 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
Raf4:

Let them go and declare strike in aba, enugu, awkwa etc. We'll be observing them from other parts of the country.
Because we have not shutdown the oil ind SS abi
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by drugBaronTINUBU: 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
Tflex01:

cheesy
🤣🤣
Same Tinubu Obaseki disgraced with Edo nor be Lagos😂
Una fit robb shoulder with the igbos oo but nor near an Edo man. We go cure una craze before e start
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Musty4ahmed1: 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
April4th:

All of a sudden NLC is now a political wing of Labour party, but when this same NLC shutdown the country in 2012 after GEJ announced the removal of subsidy they weren't affiliated to any political party. So subsidy wasn't a scam in 2012, but in 2023 you people suddenly realized it's a scam and only a few is benefitting from it. Smh
Why didn't Joe Ajaero protest during former President Buhari? He knows that Khaki is not leather, but he doesn't even know that Tinubu is madder, watch how NLC will crumble, isn't Jagaban that we know, NLC is embarking on failed mission. The public opinion is skewed against them, they should better retreat or end up in shame.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Keji1012(m): 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
Parachoko:
I hope the TUC will be more reasonable than the NLC

Give the Government sometime to put structures on ground and the Govt must carry the TUC along

Then if the Government is not doing her part, then strike should be declared

I do not understand the kind of magic Joe and the NLC want Asiwaju to perform in less than a week

The same Asiwaju that was high on drugs to immediately declare removal of fuel subsidy instantly the power was handed over to him.. power really intoxicates no matter how old u are
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Sheggy13(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
Goodman2023:
...yes... the same person that NLC is working for, is the same person that told tinubu to say he will remove subsidy during his inauguration speech.

Infact, NLC and tinubu are working for obi
Is it reasonable for a trade union to refuse to continue meeting to dialogue with a government that's less than a week in power, if not that they have some pre-conceived agenda?
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Antiurchins: 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
Tflex01:

cheesy

very weak urinating machine
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by April4th(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
chidiokay:

For how long will you people keep hiding under GEJ, even pdp don't quote 2012 as much as Obedient do online ..

The same NLC that lost it tongues for 8yrs under Buhari suddenly find there it fews a South westerner took office
where was NLC during fuel scarcity and cash scarcity now they want Nigerians to be believe it about the interest of the people, the people they failed for 8yrs under buhari.
NLC is fighting for Peter Obi course certainly not Nigeria

Why is it that anytime somebody come up with opposing views, you people call the person IPOB or obidient? There are still Nigerians who wants the best for this country, without been partisan or affiliated to a political party. Why is subsidy not a scam in 2012 and suddenly becomes a scam in 2023? Personally I think subsidy removal is long overdue. But the government needs to put measures in place to curb the total collapse of the economy. Like increasing minimum wage, which is supposed to be the first agenda of this government. Because the subsidy removal will not affect the rich, but will drastically affect the common man earning minimum wage. The government must put the welfare of the common man first, for far too long they've enriched the rich making them super rich. It's the time for the common man to benefit from the government. Thank you
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Keji1012(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
People supporting the removal of fuel subsidy are the people that does not have a bicycle tyre talkless of having a generator or a car that runs on PMS . I pity u all.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Raylight2(m): 10:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
Na initial gragra. They will suspend the strike on Tuesday night.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Isobug: 10:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
seanfer:
Keep knowing. You have just suddenly forgotten 2012. Greedy and self centered mofos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Grills Salewa Obanikoro Over N800m Transaction, Seizes Her Passport / Olakunle Churchill Spotted With Omoyele Sowore Today / Ex-governor, Fashola Denies Fathering Twins With Government Worker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.