Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad (33786 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / 5 Places In Nigeria You Should Visit In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by TradingGod: 7:54pm On Jun 05, 2023
Skyfornia:
It is not all about money..some other things to consider are access to good medical care, safety, conducive environment, standard education for kids..etc

If God be for you, who can be against you?

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by victorVIC1(m): 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2023
What I fail to understand is why OP is still living abroad. Isn't this hypocrisy?

7 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 05, 2023
victorVIC1:
What I fail to understand is why OP is still living abroad. Isn't this hypocrisy?
I left for better economic opportunities , someone doing very well in Naija and is rich does not need to relocate. There is no hypocrisy here at all. Hypocrisy is if I get money for Nigeria and I am telling another rich Nigerian not to Japa. That is the difference

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Sweetvie: 1:10am On Jun 06, 2023
Abi1985:

I left for better economic opportunities , someone doing very well in Naija and is rich does not need to relocate. There is no hypocrisy here at all. Hypocrisy is if I get money for Nigeria and I am telling another rich Nigerian not to Japa. That is the difference
Seriously, you're in no position to tell people what they'd do with their money.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Nobody: 1:42am On Jun 06, 2023
Sweetvie:
Seriously, you're in no position to tell people what they'd do with their money.

It is not crime to express my thoughts or opinions on a public forum. It is very okay to agree or disagree with me. I am in the position to tell people who are rich and doing very well in Nigeria not to come overseas and start afresh.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 4:54am On Jun 06, 2023
ednut1:
The op is probably trying to japa himself. People will do what ever they want. You are in no position to tell people what to do

The OP was caught lying about what he does for a living and where he resides:

https://www.nairaland.com/7682281/disadvantages-living-abroad-obodo-oyinbo/1
https://www.nairaland.com/7682281/disadvantages-living-abroad-obodo-oyinbo/1

These people are not mentally OK. On the other hand, there exist people who will return to Nigeria and other African countries after attaining naturalisation status.

4 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 4:58am On Jun 06, 2023
OP needs to understand that people relocate for various purposes. This thread already has some people planning to return, but they will do after attaining citizenship status and hold the passports.

Any rich person in Nigeria who intends to relocate is doing so mainly as a way to get the passport. Not every rich person has more than 100K dollars to fork out for citizenship by investment.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 5:00am On Jun 06, 2023
TradingGod:

If God be for you, who can be against you?

More Christians have been killed in Nigeria than in China. There is a reason the term life expectancy rate exists. That is what you use to assess whether people will live longer rather than whether if God is for you or against you. Or is God against the more than 8K slain Christians mostly in Northern Nigeria?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by TradingGod: 7:36am On Jun 06, 2023
Gerrard59:

More Christians have been killed in Nigeria than in China. There is a reason the term life expectancy rate exists. That is what you use to assess whether people will live longer rather than whether if God is for you or against you. Or is God against the more than 8K slain Christians mostly in Northern Nigeria?
oooKay

Go ahead and see death in your motherland, while I see life in my motherland

Las las 8 years go pass and you will still be in Nigeria wailling like a pregnant widow while meaningful Nigerians have taken the opportunity to be Great in life

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by victorVIC1(m): 8:27am On Jun 06, 2023
Abi1985:

People make decisions for reasons best known to them. While economic opportunities mean a lot to you. Some who already have these economic opportunities may decide to relocate for the sake of their mental health or living in a sane clime. They can still run their businesses remotely.

7 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Treadway: 8:36am On Jun 06, 2023
TradingGod:
oooKay

Las las 8 years go pass and you will still be in Nigeria wailling like a pregnant widow while meaningful Nigerians have taken the opportunity to be Great in life
miscalculation..
He is NOT in Nigeria. Lobatan

4 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 8:46am On Jun 06, 2023
babakb:

For real You want to list societal problems! Let's start, in Nigeria we have:
Baby Factories, Blood Money Rituals, Internet Fraud, Kidnappings, Banditry, Jungle Justice, Bribery & Corruption etc.

Game on!!
Child trafficking is high in the west than Nigeria
Mental health is worse there
Imagine a mad man shooting you with easy access to a gun??
Imagine not being able to buy ordinary antibiotics from the pharmacy without prescription that will take weeks

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2023
TradingGod:
oooKay

Typical Nigerian....so far e no touch me, I no go worry.

Ndi this government will favour me. Na so una talk during Buhari's time, yet insecurity skyrocketed and the number of poor people shot up.

8 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by TradingGod: 1:01pm On Jun 06, 2023
Gerrard59:

Typical Nigerian....so far e no touch me, I no go worry.

Ndi this government will favour me. Na so una talk during Buhari's time, yet insecurity skyrocketed and the number of poor people shot up.
you are the one that is self centered

so do you want the poor people that can't afford airplane ticket to comit suicide since they don't have the means to japa?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 1:08pm On Jun 06, 2023
TradingGod:
you are the one that is self centered

so do you want the poor people that can't afford airplane ticket to comit suicide since they don't have the means to japa?

No. Not everyone can japa. It is not mathematically possible. However, it behoves on the elites, both private and public in all spheres of life, to condemn atrocities that affect the poor the most. Tell me, why should megachurches' pastors keep quiet when brethren are being butchered in Northern Nigeria?

That is how it is done elsewhere. If almost 140 people are slaughtered within three days in Northern Ghana, Ghanaian elites will ask questions. That is how you know "Who can be against you if God is for you?"

8 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by babakb: 1:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
Bouncingbabyboy:

Game on!!
Child trafficking is high in the west than Nigeria
Mental health is worse there
Imagine a mad man shooting you with easy access to a gun??
Imagine not being able to buy ordinary antibiotics from the pharmacy without prescription that will take weeks

Last month alone over 200 people were killed in Plateau and Sokoto States, did you hear anything like that in the UK, Canada, Germany, Norway, Ireland, Switzerland, Sweden, Portugal, Netherlands e.t.c

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by RoadMozart(m): 5:08pm On Jun 06, 2023
You are on point

But

I go still Jakpa

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by bizhop01: 5:08pm On Jun 06, 2023
If security is doing well
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by BigName101: 5:09pm On Jun 06, 2023
ForValour:
All you people think about is money but life is far more robust.
for your mind
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Blaze14k: 5:10pm On Jun 06, 2023
Any good supporter of apc if you plan to leave nigeria na ogun go kill u.

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Realguyman1(m): 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2023
Abi1985:
If you have business thriving in Nigeria, please don't japa. If you are rich, please don't japa. The only exception is to further your education or you have businesses oversea that you are managing or you planning to born your children overseas for citizenship purpose. Please Just come and visit. Enjoy your holiday and come back to Nigeria. I was reading a post on Instagram on someone in Nigeria with thriving business making some serious money and she was thinking of relocating to Canada. Please do yourself a favor and stay home.
Escaping from political enemies or enemies or insecurity doesn't count.
Shay for ur mind now, na only the poor ones dey jakpa comot for naija, abi?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Whobedatte(m): 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2023
So na poor people dey raise 15 m for tuition for UK and US abi

2 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by jaxxy(m): 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2023
Relocating abroad is not all about poverty or hussle. People want change or new experiences or higher pursuits, new challenges or even conviction.

Relocation isn't ment for only the poor.

4 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Peejayz: 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2023
Skyfornia:
It is not all about money..some other things to consider are access to good medical care, safety, conducive environment, standard education for kids..etc
despite the gun shooting in schools issue, you people will still japa..... Or is that a standard environment for kids too?

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by FashionCookie(f): 5:15pm On Jun 06, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
But you need money to relocate. The people relocating from Nigeria are mostly the upper middle class folks. How many poor people have the means to japa?
You dey mind them?
A family friend relocated with his family last month. Person wey dey work for shell...

4 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2023
Abi1985:
If you have business thriving in Nigeria, please don't japa. If you are rich, please don't japa. The only exception is to further your education or you have businesses oversea that you are managing or you planning to born your children overseas for citizenship purpose. Please Just come and visit. Enjoy your holiday and come back to Nigeria. I was reading a post on Instagram on someone in Nigeria with thriving business making some serious money and she was thinking of relocating to Canada. Please do yourself a favor and stay home.
Escaping from political enemies or enemies or insecurity doesn't count.

I want to know your boss, mo fe mo oga yin..
He dey on 4:20 πŸƒ πŸ‚ ☘ 🍁 πŸ€ 🌿
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Pakman: 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2023
If you are doing well in Nigeria and you don't want to japaa, surround your house with electric fence, have two rottweilers, two cutlass, a gun, bullet proof car, and go to church. grin

2 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Solofresh2: 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2023
Yes you have no business traveling abroad but only for vacations
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
Opurumiri:

Very true. I agree with you 100%.. But you know Nigerians they will never listen

If people decide to relocate I'm yet to wonder how that is your business...if you dont have the money to japa or you japa and it didnt favour you dosent nean you should be bitter at peoples choice

6 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by maticar: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
ForValour:
All you people think about is money but life is far more robust.
thats the only thing that matters to them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Car Accident Along Games Village Expressway Abuja - Photos / Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola / U.S. Imposes Visa Restrictions On Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.