Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad (33770 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / 5 Places In Nigeria You Should Visit In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 08, 2023
Love800:
Wat do you mean by working class people?

Bankers, teachers or any salary earner is a working class. Those who are in working class are encouraged to JAPA. Rich Business owners should only visit
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Love800(m): 6:50am On Jun 08, 2023
Ok, tankz. So does it mean one cant start a business abroad? I understand ur answer but i just say i should ask dis one. Is abroad only good for white collar, what abt starting a business there?
Abi1985:

Bankers, teachers or any salary earner is a working class. Those who are in working class are encouraged to JAPA. Rich Business owners should only visit
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Treadway: 9:01am On Jun 08, 2023
BigIyanga:

What an insular response. The reason why you’re bereft of how unhealthy Naija is because you’re deluded to think that it doesn't matter.
A lot of capital cities in Naija dont have hospitals equiped with CT scan and MRI machines…
In Cities like Lagos and Abj where they have them 90% of residents cant afford it. B4 you open your mouth, 5% of Nigerians have 500K in the bank accounts… CT scans can cost up to N100k per scan.

For kidney dialysis, it would cost N150k/per session x 3x in a wk =450k/w… N24M in yr.. Ask Ekweremadus.. How many people in your lineage are rich as Ekweremadu? NONE
lol. Ode!

Go get an MRI next week, you may have a tumor, who knows. Checks again every two weeks just to be sure. Continue expecting bad things to happen to you, and you may eventually need the dialysis machine too. As for me, mines and the person you quoted, we will live healthy, responsible lives and we no go need am. That is what we confess and declare with our mouths. Mr Insular responses 🤣

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Treadway: 9:06am On Jun 08, 2023
BigIyanga:

What an insular response. The reason why you’re bereft of how unhealthy Naija is because you’re deluded to think that it doesn't matter.
A lot of capital cities in Naija dont have hospitals equiped with CT scan and MRI machines…
In Cities like Lagos and Abj where they have them 90% of residents cant afford it. B4 you open your mouth, 5% of Nigerians have 500K in the bank accounts… CT scans can cost up to N100k per scan.

For kidney dialysis, it would cost N150k/per session x 3x in a wk =450k/w… N24M in yr.. Ask Ekweremadus.. How many people in your lineage are rich as Ekweremadu? NONE
we no be tiff like Ekeweremadu, and we no dey compete with am, still we get money for account and we no beg your papa before. You wey get money like Ekeweremadu, go dey use MRI and dialysis machines like Ekeweremadu, cos you're def unwell.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by BigIyanga: 11:38am On Jun 08, 2023
Treadway:
lol. Ode!

Go get an MRI next week, you may have a tumor, who knows. Checks again every two weeks just to be sure. Continue expecting bad things to happen to you, and you may eventually need the dialysis machine too. As for me, mines and the person you quoted, we will live healthy, responsible lives and we no go need am. That is what we confess and declare with our mouths. Mr Insular responses 🤣
Bad things are happening and you’re not immune from it. You’re just in denial to win a pointless argument.. even though all the facts are against.
If you points were to be true.. why do we have low life expectancy? Why do we have high Infant and Maternal Mortality rates? Why do we have 1 doctor to 40k patients in some parts of the country? Why do our politrickians, celebrities, super wealthy… have checkup and treatment abroad You’re clueless . BTW, how many women/girls in your life and family have gone for HPV test in Naija? 28 women die every day from cervical cancer. You can pay for your nieces, cousins, sisters to get tested and vaccinated. This is a highly preventable disease.
Your delusion in thinking that it does not exist.. is no fact.
Your denial of fact doesn't wipe it away. We see many beggging for medical assistance in Nairalan, Social Media, Family whatsapp group, old boys/girl association… too many on Naija rds.

You too broke to handle any serious medical issues. Abeg go play somewhere with your deluded sense of I have made it mentality.

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Treadway: 11:55am On Jun 08, 2023
BigIyanga:

Bad things are happening and you’re not immune from it. You’re just in denial to win a pointless argument.. even though all the facts are against.
If you points were to be true.. why do we have low life expectancy? Why do we have high Infant and Maternal Mortality rates? Why do we have 1 doctor to 40k patients in some parts of the country? Why do our politrickians, celebrities, super wealthy… have checkup and treatment abroad You’re clueless . BTW, how many women/girls in your life and family have gone for HPV test in Naija? 28 women die every day from cervical cancer. You can pay for your nieces, cousins, sisters to get tested and vaccinated. This is a highly preventable disease.
Your delusion in thinking that it does not exist.. is no fact.
Your denial of fact doesn't wipe it away. We see many beggging for medical assistance in Nairalan, Social Media, Family whatsapp group, old boys/girl association… too many on Naija rds.

You too broke to handle any serious medical issues. Abeg go play somewhere with your deluded sense of I have made it mentality.
lol....this was just as fun as the last time we tangoed.

Like I said, and you silly hypocrites always say but don't mean, live and let live! A person said his truth, you came and asked for his medical treatment plans and history. How obtuse can a person be? Wetin concern you rish that level?

Dude, you are the planner, dey plan dey go. We make our own proclamations and affirm that we are indeed immune. God gives and takes. World class healthcare couldn't save Sound sultan and Chadwick Boseman, both of blessed memory. Not everyone will be death and infirmity focused like you bro. We think of other things as we are free to. You also can think of MRIs, dialysis machines, ventilators, ICUs, hospice, coffin specifications and undertaker services. That is your cup of tea.

Live and let live, you hear.

✌️
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by BigIyanga: 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2023
Treadway:
lol....this was just as fun as the last time we tangoed.

Like I said, and you silly hypocrites always say but don't mean, live and let live! A person said his truth, you came and asked for his medical treatment plans and history. How obtuse can a person be? Wetin concern you rish that level?

Dude, you are the planner, dey plan dey go. We make our own proclamations and affirm that we are indeed immune. God gives and takes. World class healthcare couldn't save Sound sultan and Chadwick Boseman, both of blessed memory. Not everyone will be death and infirmity focused like you bro. We think of other things as we are free to. You also can think of MRIs, dialysis machines, ventilators, ICUs, hospice, coffin specifications and undertaker services. That is your cup of tea.

✌️
What an arrogant display of congenital retardation and sophisticated ignorance.. Comparing terminal cancers that killed Boseman/Steve Jobs with Malaria and Lasa Fever that kill 100s of 1000s In Naija.. how calcified is your encephalon? How many people die of Malaria in Souther African countries like S/Africa/Namibia, Zimbabwe?

We're talking about life being better in Naija vs Abroad… and the only metric you’re talking about is Naira wealth…and I’m telling you that someone who is rich in Naija is fckuking broke in Naija if any serious medical issue falls on him/her family.
You have nothing to counter my argument only that God dey as if God is only father and village head.. God is also protecting 7bn folks in this world.
Take a medical trip to African countries like S/A, Namibia, Egypt, Morroco, Algeria .. and you will see how medically l fkcuked we are in this country.
Folks like u have hope that one day, it would become their turn to steal and amass wealth from public coffers.. that’s what triggers you delusional mind.

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Treadway: 3:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
BigIyanga:

[s]What an arrogant display of congenital retardation and sophisticated ignorance.. Comparing terminal cancers that killed Boseman/Steve Jobs with Malaria and Lasa Fever that kill 100s of 1000s In Naija.. how calcified is your encephalon? How many people die of Malaria in Souther African countries like S/Africa/Namibia, Zimbabwe?

We're talking about life being better in Naija vs Abroad… and the only metric you’re talking about is Naira wealth…and I’m telling you that someone who is rich in Naija is fckuking broke in Naija if any serious medical issue falls on him/her family.
You have nothing to counter my argument only that God dey as if God is only father and village head.. God is also protecting 7bn folks in this world.
Take a medical trip to African countries like S/A, Namibia, Egypt, Morroco, Algeria .. and you will see how medically l fkcuked we are in this country.
Folks like u have hope that one day, it would become their turn to steal and amass wealth from public coffers.. that’s what triggers you delusional mind. [/s]
congenital retards won't likely be able to spell the words 'Congenital retards'. Ode! Hahahaha

Also, I'm curious..How many of your nuclear, extended and extra-extended families have malaria killed so far? Last I checked the times my own children gangan had malaria (and it's been quite a couple of times over the last 6 years, being the age of my eldest) I wasn't even the least bit worried, and did not even need to take them to the hospital cos hey it's freaking malaria, we'r in sub-saharan Africa where it has been endemic for centuries, and anti-malarials are readily available for less than 1k. Just curious whether na your people we dey see for those UN documentaries...lol

Again, you can keep thinking of MRIs, dialysis machines, ventilators, ICUs, hospice, coffin specifications and undertaker services. That is your cup of tea.

✌️

Oh, and the bolded, is a product of your warped mind per usual. I'm not the one going around insinuating to strangers that they could die because they choose to live someplace......see? Warped mind
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by BigIyanga: 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2023
Treadway:
congenital retards won't likely be able to spell the words 'Congenital retards'. Ode! Hahahaha

Also, I'm curious..How many of your nuclear, extended and extra-extended families have malaria killed so far? Last I checked the times my own children gangan had malaria (and it's been quite a couple of times over the last 6 years, being the age of my eldest) I wasn't even the least bit worried, and did not even need to take them to the hospital cos hey it's freaking malaria, we'r in sub-saharan Africa where it has been endemic for centuries, and anti-malarials are readily available for less than 1k. Just curious whether na your people we dey see for those UN documentaries...lol

Again, you can keep thinking of MRIs, dialysis machines, ventilators, ICUs, hospice, coffin specifications and undertaker services. That is your cup of tea.

✌️

Oh, and the bolded, is a product of your warped mind per usual. I'm not the one going around insinuating to strangers that they could die because they choose to live someplace......see? Warped mind

Warped mindset like yours goes around citing outlier cases when everybody in a sample is below the outlier curve..ie citing Bozeman and co when they had a chance to fight it in the best medical system in the world. Obj’s wife died in Spain during medical treatment. Yar’dua died in Saudi/Qatar. GMB lived most of his presidency in the UK. Tinubu is a medical tourist to EU..

If everybody is living and aging gracefully… why is our life expectancy at 57?
If everybody is good… why is our infant mortality rate one the highest in the world?
If everybody is all good why is maternal mortality rate one of the highest in the world?
If everybody is all good.. why do we have 15m kids not enrolled in school.. and they’re homeless?
If everybody is all good.. why do we have about 5m IDPs in our country?
I know it’s congenitally etched your brain not to accept facts that dont align with ur delusional mindset.. rebut my facts with facts not with emotions and typo.. correction, which btw, was used in the proper context. That’s your weakest comeback lol

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Treadway: 4:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
BigIyanga:

Warped mindset like yours goes around citing outlier cases when everybody in a sample is below the outlier curve..ie citing Bozeman and co when they had a chance to fight it in the best medical system in the world. Obj’s wife died in Spain during medical treatment. Yar’dua died in Saudi/Qatar. GMB lived most of his presidency in the UK. Tinubu is a medical tourist to EU..

If everybody is living and aging gracefully… why is our life expectancy at 57?
If everybody is good… why is our infant mortality rate one the highest in the world?
If everybody is all good why is maternal mortality rate one of the highest in the world?
If everybody is all good.. why do we have 15m kids not enrolled in school.. and they’re homeless?
If everybody is all good.. why do we have about 5m IDPs in our country?
I know it’s congenitally etched your brain not to accept facts that dont align with ur delusional mindset.. rebut my facts with facts not with emotions and typo.. correction, which btw, was used in the proper context. That’s your weakest comeback lol
if I and that person say we are good, why do you have a problem with that? Are you me? Are me you? Lol

Someone say I am fine and happy. You say I don't think you are fine and happy. Who the feck are you?

I say I and mines will experience long life and good health, you say no I should look at stats. Who the feck are you?

Again, are you me? Are me you? Are you he? Are me he? Are you we?🤣🤣🤣

Ogbeni no make me speak tongues abeg.

Lest I forget, the last time we argued about diaspora remittance, and I thrashed you with enough facts backed with evidence, comparing the figs with India, you gree? To the point you still argued with me when I stated that at a point I paid for something with my bank card at a particular exchange rate, and i remember I shared a screenshot, you no respond since then. But here you say we should argue on facts, the facts wey I share (with clear evidence to back it up) last you gree??
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by kushe: 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2023
Mr Biglyanga,
My mum was diagnosed with a blood cancer in the early 2000s,and she lived with it till she died last year. She was almost 80. She was treated for 20 years by Nigerian doctors and not once was she flown abroad on account of her health,every single dose of several rounds of chemotherapy was here in Lagos,Nigeria.
She had cancer but outlived many of her family and friends ,some of whom didn't even have high blood pressure.
I was once fearful of dying but it was not because of the bad health care in Nigeria, but rather because I wasn't living right and this godly woman whom I called mummy taught me from childhood how to honour God with the way I live.
When they increased the price of fuel last week,I was discussing with my assistant and he said to me in yoruba,"ko si on tiii n bo lati oke,ti ile o legba" and hours later I started ruminating over the statement. Very powerful and I had never heard it before.
In this Nigeria oooo,I will be fine,my family and loved ones will be fine,those that trust God will be fine,but then we shouldn't be docile,lacking critical thinking and the ability to solve problems.
The health challenges are a problem,Singapore has solved it way better than the US or the UK,maybe since you are so fixated on it,you have a purpose in that sector.
Cheers egbon because you sound like an ancestor who has given up on his beloved homeland.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by IbeOkehie: 12:02am On Jun 09, 2023
Only 0.4% of Nigerians earn over ₦‎200K per month.

Only 7% of urban residents have access to piped water and only 6% of Nigerian urban residents have access to a working flush toilet
https://www.cfr.org/blog/home-over-half-population-nigerias-cities-continue-boom

Only 3% of Nigerians have ₦‎500K in their bank account.

30% of Nigerians are unemployed or let's be graceful and say, underemployed.

95% of Nigerians don't have access to mains electricity and petrol supply is erratic - basically access to ENERGY is problematic.

Most packaged and processed foods in Nigeria are now sold in satchet sizes, the vast majority of "NEW" cars are condemned scraps imported from the USA or Europe and of course most middle class people wear 2nd hand okirika imported from the same places.

The virtual and physical lines at foreign embassies are looooooong and out to the street as people desperately jostle to leave the Zoo, to escape all the dismal indices outlined above. Even the President lives in the UK & Spain!!!

But.....but...here's the good news....are you there......

Internet access and usage is over 50% of the populace - and that's a conundrum amply illustrated on Nairaland. grin grin grin
Young agbero with dreams will defecate in the bush and jump on the internet with his unwashed hands and start typing nonsense like

"Well I'm doing fine because I say I'm fine I have everything I dream of and you can't prove otherwise because God has exempted me from all the calamities around me because I'm special and after all Dangote is from Nigeria [/i]you there living in UK are nothing stop boasting come home to Nigeria and suffer with me you will be just like me USA is not your root [i]you can boast you're in America but did you take your family with you they're still here suffering with us wetin you go do....you pay all your money in tax I saw it on CNN anyway If you talk about how Nigerians abuse student visas I will tell police to arrest you next time you visit Nigeria....."

Yes o, all those CLAIMING to be doing fine in Nigeria somehow manage to congregate on Nairaland, dishing out advise on how to become billionaires in a country where the economy has been in the grip of economic depression for years now, a country where the government is completely bankrupt, the biggest quoted companies pay their CEO $600K, where Fortune 500 companies are pulling up and moving out, where interest rates are over 20% and inflation running at double digits.

Somehow, someway, Nigeria's bullet proof business mavens are on Nairaland with us, giving such choice evidence that they've NEVER left Nigeria, like -

"I can never live in Columbia, Maryland USA because it's a dead city!!!" cheesy

Just that one was a dead give away. And the one about property taxes and on and on.

And we're supposed to take their lying arse ANONYMOUS word as good enough because well, everyone on Nairaland is anonymous and therefore all tales and opinions have the same weight. Very, very, very convenient to hide because.....what? You're ashamed of your status in life that can't support all the fronting on Nairaland?

Yes indeed, for most people Lagos will provide a better standard of living than London of course because poor, lower class Nigerians have spoiled London, it's no longer worth it! Just like that.

No need to wonder why Nigeria is going backwards at high speed. Just visit Nairaland and sample the comments of probable university graduates. It's THE PEOPLE, it's Nigerians...they just can't do any better.

Tufiakwa for the Zoo!!!

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Treadway: 12:47am On Jun 09, 2023
Hmmm. Ain't it funny how actual achievers don't talk too much? Like this gorgeous young belle in the screenshot below, they let their achievements do the talking, reflecting the brilliance of their minds and the sheer fortitude of their guts.

Don't be dismayed, don't be downcast, don't be 'tensioned' because you are in Nigeria and all these things you read make you feel some type of way. Wherever you may be, just be true to yourself and do you. Be bold, be ingenious. At the end of the day, none of these people saying all these and putting you down give a crap about you. None will house you for just one week, I assure you. Just keep keeping on. Don't go and jump off a bridge or kill yourself, because someone thinks you will get sick and die cos you live in Nigeria, or that you will not progress by their own standards.

They are mere dust of the earth, and not gods, much less GOD. You will be okay, you are enough. People are caustic and cruel, I just want to encourage someone.

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by IbeOkehie: 1:07am On Jun 09, 2023
Abi1985:

It is not crime to express my thoughts or opinions on a public forum. It is very okay to agree or disagree with me. I am in the position to tell people who are rich and doing very well in Nigeria not to come overseas and start afresh.

You don't live in any abroad.

Go and sleep.

Bye.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by kushe: 4:13am On Jun 09, 2023
U are a poster child of inferiority complex.
U might earn well,manage to string a couple of sentences together correctly,live in a suburb of the USA with kerb appeal,probably you have a mansion in your village that is locked up for 50 weeks of the year,but you are like a lot of Nigerians,money miss road,exposure jam block.
They feel because they made it beyond the departure gates of Murtala Muhammad,they know what's up.
Inferiority is deep rooted,exhibited by politicians,celebrities,supposed thought leaders and definitely you.
U are like that boastful annoying kid in boarding house telling tall tales of how nice his neighbour's house is with several kids enjoying his rant because they don't know better.
I am that kid who after a long while interjects and asks,how about you tell us about your own father's house. Is your father's house empty,in the Bush? How can you be so boastful of another man's achievements?
The city you live in dear Mr Statistica which of your ancestors are on the honour block ? How many bricks did they lay to build that city,yet you mention fortune 500 CEOs. Ur only contribution to that city and state is paying your taxes ,that is even if you are legit.
If you believe you are part of the system because you have lived there for soooo long,do anyhow and the gatekeepers would kindly show you who is boss.
Ask Tidjane Thiam,the black African CEO of Credit Suisse,how more prestigious than that can a black man aspire in a field of white, elite conservatives.
If he had stayed I doubt Credit Suisse would have gone under,but the gatekeepers would rather the ship sink than allow a black man take the glory of saving the passengers and crew.
I am tired of you lot,live in your abroad and leave us alone. U have made it,many congratulations.
Empty barrels keep making the most noise,they know all the problems but never proper any tangible solutions.
Real problem solvers create jobs,build cities and businesses and do not keep boasting about how much they earn in a business started by a real problem solver. America is inundated with hundreds of years of problem solving thinkers who successively built that place layer by layer.
Now an immigrant from naija will now carry his bag,go there and because they allowed him stay will start sticking his nose up in the air forgetting the community support that got him there in the first place.
My dear Mr you are not better than any Nigerian that lives in Nigeria, you are just a Nigerian in another location.If you were,you won't be on naialand,you would be on another forum bound together by common ancestry.
Oh I forgot,you are Scandinavian or Dutch or maybe Anglo whatever,descendant of viking conquerors. Better face front oga !!!
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by kushe: 4:40am On Jun 09, 2023
So Mr Obi,a zoo exported you and you were received by immigration in whatever country you landed in and not in a holding facility for escaped animals.
I woke up to catch up on news and do some critical thinking only to read what you have written.i respect my elders,but sometimes these elders dey disgrace pesin.
And funny enough some people will be clapping for you because of the plenty English and quoted statistics. They are the lazy ones,who can't read,think or analyse, always carried away by smoke screens.
I have been to the US only once in my life,got a 2 year visa immediately after September 11 terrorist attacks with my mum when the US was rejecting applications left,right and centre. I had a 2 Yr visa but spent only 10 days after arriving in Chicago from London on a British Airways first class seat. My mum never used her visa.
Having read my comments,you think you can buga me cos you live in America or the UK? Do I sound like someone who ate Kellogs Frosties for the first time in his adult life,or will start snapping picture of bacon and sausages in a restaurant to impress who ? I live in Nigeria, come and beat me.
Abroadian !!!
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by kushe: 4:45am On Jun 09, 2023
So Mr Obi,a zoo exported you and you were received by immigration in whatever country you landed in and not in a holding facility for escaped animals.
I woke up to catch up on news and do some critical thinking only to read what you have written.i respect my elders,but sometimes these elders dey disgrace pesin.
And funny enough some people will be clapping for you because of the plenty English and quoted statistics. They are the lazy ones,who can't read,think or analyse, always carried away by smoke screens.
I have been to the US only once in my life,got a 2 year visa immediately after September 11 terrorist attacks with my mum when the US was rejecting applications left,right and centre. I had a 2 Yr visa but spent only 10 days after arriving in Chicago from London on a British Airways first class seat. My mum never used her visa.
Having read my comments,you think you can buga me cos you live in America or the UK? Do I sound like someone who ate Kellogs Frosties for the first time in his adult life,or will start snapping picture of bacon and sausages in a restaurant to impress who ? I live in Nigeria, come and beat me.
Abroadian !!!
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by juman(m): 5:52am On Jun 09, 2023
Nigeria is good place to make easy money.
Stay here.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Backpedal: 6:23am On Jun 09, 2023
kushe:
U are a poster child of inferiority complex.
U might earn well,manage to string a couple of sentences together correctly,live in a suburb of the USA with kerb appeal,probably you have a mansion in your village that is locked up for 50 weeks of the year,but you are like a lot of Nigerians,money miss road,exposure jam block.
They feel because they made it beyond the departure gates of Murtala Muhammad,they know what's up.
Inferiority is deep rooted,exhibited by politicians,celebrities,supposed thought leaders and definitely you.
U are like that boastful annoying kid in boarding house telling tall tales of how nice his neighbour's house is with several kids enjoying his rant because they don't know better.
I am that kid who after a long while interjects and asks,how about you tell us about your own father's house. Is your father's house empty,in the Bush? How can you be so boastful of another man's achievements?
The city you live in dear Mr Statistica which of your ancestors are on the honour block ? How many bricks did they lay to build that city,yet you mention fortune 500 CEOs. Ur only contribution to that city and state is paying your taxes ,that is even if you are legit.
If you believe you are part of the system because you have lived there for soooo long,do anyhow and the gatekeepers would kindly show you who is boss.
Ask Tidjane Thiam,the black African CEO of Credit Suisse,how more prestigious than that can a black man aspire in a field of white, elite conservatives.
If he had stayed I doubt Credit Suisse would have gone under,but the gatekeepers would rather the ship sink than allow a black man take the glory of saving the passengers and crew.
I am tired of you lot,live in your abroad and leave us alone. U have made it,many congratulations.
Empty barrels keep making the most noise,they know all the problems but never proper any tangible solutions.
Real problem solvers create jobs,build cities and businesses and do not keep boasting about how much they earn in a business started by a real problem solver. America is inundated with hundreds of years of problem solving thinkers who successively built that place layer by layer.
Now an immigrant from naija will now carry his bag,go there and because they allowed him stay will start sticking his nose up in the air forgetting the community support that got him there in the first place.
My dear Mr you are not better than any Nigerian that lives in Nigeria, you are just a Nigerian in another location.If you were,you won't be on naialand,you would be on another forum bound together by common ancestry.
Oh I forgot,you are Scandinavian or Dutch or maybe Anglo whatever,descendant of viking conquerors. Better face front oga !!!

Oh please
Leave my beloved Thiam Tidjane out of this argument
Abeg abeg
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 09, 2023
IbeOkehie:

You don't live in any abroad.

Go and sleep.

Bye.

Lol na wa o
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by kushe: 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
Backpedal:

Oh please
Leave my beloved Thiam Tidjane out of this argument
Abeg abeg

We all look up to the guy,but could anyone in Afica dethrone or ridicule him the way the Swiss did ?
A certified performer ooo with figures to back it up. His subordinate bought a lot next to his house and could look directly into his compound.
Can they try Jim Ovia or Elumelu like that in naija ?
Racism and gatekeeping is real bro, forget say all man dey speak fonee.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Backpedal: 1:14pm On Jun 09, 2023
kushe:

We all look up to the guy,but could anyone in Afica dethrone or ridicule him the way the Swiss did ?
A certified performer ooo with figures to back it up. His subordinate bought a lot next to his house and could look directly into his compound.
Can they try Jim Ovia or Elumelu like that in naija ?
Racism and gatekeeping is real bro, forget say all man dey speak fonee.

The bank is not his
That's one

And two; I don't see anything of "ridicule" of what happened

There was racism here and there
But how is that different from what I face as an Igbo man in Nigeria

Just asking
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by kushe: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
If your hands are clean,you can do whatever you like in Nigeria. There are no glass ceilings for men,women,Yoruba,Igbo or Kanuri.
The richest Nigerians as a collective are the Igbos ,so who marginalize una ?
U might not have political power,but you guys definitely have economic power.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2023
Love800:
Ok, tankz. So does it mean one cant start a business abroad? I understand ur answer but i just say i should ask dis one. Is abroad only good for white collar, what abt starting a business there?

If you are rich by international standards- go ahead and start business.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by gforce5: 4:00pm On Jun 16, 2023
Bro, the 1% are only in Nigeria because of their business interests. Otherwise, most of them wouldn't be in Nigeria as nothing is working. Ask yourself why a former First Lady of a country (Aisha Buhari) spent EIGHT MONTHS in a foreign country? Name me one country where the FIrst Lady of the country is not based in the country her spouse governs? What about Atiku who barely lives in Nigeria and only turns up during election period? Those are just a few examples. Otedola is not fully based in Nigeria and is always in and out of the country. A lot of your musicians are not based in Nigeria. Is it Burna, Wizkid, SImi, Adekunle, Yungsix or Tekno that are based here? Abeg, even the rich are feeling the heat. Not everything is about money. Security and good infrastructure is very important
Abi1985:

700k is not rich for overseas standard ; 700k is middle class so they can Japa if they want to. Ghana does not count at all, Ghana is not oversea or abroad.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by adetayoonas(m): 11:17am On Jun 24, 2023
Sadly this beautiful thread has been derailed

Do u advise a banker earning 1m per month to travel out abroad?
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by gforce5: 4:22pm On Jul 05, 2023
I just had to comment on this. Doctor come to your house lol. Yet, your President, previous President, Governors, Senators and other elites frequently travel abroad for medical treatment. Bubu 65% of his 8 year tenure as President in a UK hospital. I just love how people talk so much rubbish on social media due to lack of exposure and ignorance. The same ignorance is the reason why Nigeria is such a mess because we have refused to accept that we have a problem.

Your country's transport system is nothing to write home about. Infrastructure is zero. You are either now rich or poor due to the disastrous policies of the ruling party. Man, you lots make me laugh. cheesy grin
Bouncingbabyboy:
v

you have been lied to!! In Nigeria with your money doctor will come to your house and treat you .... for the west nothing like that!!! No good food, LGBT propaganda in nursery schools left and right health care in Canada no get quality oo
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 12:45am On Jul 08, 2023
You are ignorantly blind

gforce5:
I just had to comment on this. Doctor come to your house lol. Yet, your President, previous President, Governors, Senators and other elites frequently travel abroad for medical treatment. Bubu 65% of his 8 year tenure as President in a UK hospital. I just love how people talk so much rubbish on social media due to lack of exposure and ignorance. The same ignorance is the reason why Nigeria is such a mess because we have refused to accept that we have a problem.

Your country's transport system is nothing to write home about. Infrastructure is zero. You are either now rich or poor due to the disastrous policies of the ruling party. Man, you lots make me laugh. cheesy grin

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by dipset01: 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2023
Honestly it is abit confusing, I am in a similar dilemma right now, have never been a fan of living abroad, I did my masters in the uk and even though then we had the opportunity for 2 years Post study visa, i just woke up one morning and said I was done in the UK, even when i had a good job and interviews for better ones lined up. I decided to leave because of the weather and the boring life. Japa for me is the last resort, when nothing else works I will enroll for Phd oversee and from there get a PR in either Australia or new Zealand. I came back to Nigeria in 2012 and started as a graduate trainee with a bank and as they say the rest is history. Transistoned for various job, then job were advertised and I got job based on merit. I never ever considered moving overseas until Buhari came with his terrible policies, Nigeria is a mess today and with the level of insecurity and inflation, I decided to start the canada japa parole around decemeber last year. Dollar is now 790 naira as at today.

God has been faithful, I am 35yrs and work in the IT discipline with FCMG as a manager, my take home is 1.3m net, when I add allowance (leave, 13th month, bonus) I earn 1.75m monthly. My wife also earns 600k monthly. We dont have any property of ours other than a piece of land which am yet to start any work on.

I decided to give this Canada express entry a shot in December 2022 because at that time work was abit stressful and alot of uncertainty existed last year. Even though i wasnt so into it, my wife also is indifferent about the whole thing. We said let even apply when we get it we will decide. Alas we now have the PR and we never sure. I am worried the stress of starting again, selling everything and relocating to a new country. We dont even know the city in Canada to move too. Thinking between Ontario and Calgary. I honestly have been praying, because decisions like this can make or break a person.

Not like i care, I am sure my father inlaw and parents will not like the idea of relocating. We have 2 boys, one is 4 plus the other 2 plus, am just worried about parenting abroad. I comfortably save 1.2m after monthly expenses, except for when i have to pay house rent and school fees. I know I will likely earn more abroad, but with all the expenses, I doubt i will be able to save that much.

Like someone mentioned earlier one can easily loose his job(God forbid) and that is the end. Or have a serious ailment. And that the end.

I have spoken to people in Canada who strongly encourage me to come that IT is hot cake here.

Still praying for direction. IT really good to pray and plan not just follow the crowd.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Biola67: 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2023
Abi1985:
If you have business thriving in Nigeria, please don't japa. If you are rich, please don't japa. The only exception is to further your education or you have businesses oversea that you are managing or you planning to born your children overseas for citizenship purpose. Please Just come and visit. Enjoy your holiday and come back to Nigeria. I was reading a post on Instagram on someone in Nigeria with thriving business making some serious money and she was thinking of relocating to Canada. Please do yourself a favor and stay home.
Escaping from political enemies or enemies or insecurity doesn't count.
If your papa see fresh Yankee visa. E go hug am. Dey play

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Biola67: 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2023
dipset01:
Honestly it is abit confusing, I am in a similar dilemma right now, have never been a fan of living abroad, I did my masters in the uk and even though then we had the opportunity for 2 years Post study visa, i just woke up one morning and said I was done in the UK, even when i had a good job and interviews for better ones lined up. I decided to leave because of the weather and the boring life. Japa for me is the last resort, when nothing else works I will enroll for Phd oversee and from there get a PR in either Australia or new Zealand. I came back to Nigeria in 2012 and started as a graduate trainee with a bank and as they say the rest is history. Transistoned for various job, then job were advertised and I got job based on merit. I never ever considered moving overseas until Buhari came with his terrible policies, Nigeria is a mess today and with the level of insecurity and inflation, I decided to start the canada japa parole around decemeber last year. Dollar is now 790 naira as at today.

God has been faithful, I am 35yrs and work in the IT discipline with FCMG as a manager, my take home is 1.3m net, when I add allowance (leave, 13th month, bonus) I earn 1.75m monthly. My wife also earns 600k monthly. We dont have any property of ours other than a piece of land which am yet to start any work on.

I decided to give this Canada express entry a shot in December 2022 because at that time work was abit stressful and alot of uncertainty existed last year. Even though i wasnt so into it, my wife also is indifferent about the whole thing. We said let even apply when we get it we will decide. Alas we now have the PR and we never sure. I am worried the stress of starting again, selling everything and relocating to a new country. We dont even know the city in Canada to move too. Thinking between Ontario and Calgary. I honestly have been praying, because decisions like this can make or break a person.

Not like i care, I am sure my father inlaw and parents will not like the idea of relocating. We have 2 boys, one is 4 plus the other 2 plus, am just worried about parenting abroad. I comfortably save 1.2m after monthly expenses, except for when i have to pay house rent and school fees. I know I will likely earn more abroad, but with all the expenses, I doubt i will be able to save that much.

Like someone mentioned earlier one can easily loose his job(God forbid) and that is the end. Or have a serious ailment. And that the end.

I have spoken to people in Canada who strongly encourage me to come that IT is hot cake here.

Still praying for direction. IT really good to pray and plan not just follow the crowd.
You still dey wait for advice ? Just Dey play.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) / Anambra Cargo Airport As At July Last Year(photos) / Fun Things To Do In Abuja | Kayaking At The National Stadium, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.