Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,205 members, 7,839,109 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation (6363 Views)

In Cameroon, Two Boys Killed By Boko Haram Suicide Bombers (Graphic Pic) / Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building / Paul Biya Reelected As Cameroon's President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by nolongTing: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2011
kembrat:

I'm a cameroonian, and we should be carefull about what we hear. No one is understanding for sure who was behind what happened in Douala's main bridge last thursday, but i believe and so, almost all fellows i know that it is not what gonna change our country. For most cameroonians, even inside CPDM (Biya's party) - Biya has failed and he must  leave, but we don't forget that behind those strange "revolutionnaries" that seem to come from nowhere, there are people even hungrier than Biya who want to take our country even if it is to sell it again to the west. Talking about the "international community" - they have left Biya on his own, and their behaves for the last months have clearly show that they want popaul (BIYA) to step down. But this time, France seems to have left this task to the U.S,
The Obama's administration has seemed to be interested in Cameroon political life this year, like never before. Many of their behaves and what they said (through the ambassador, secretary of african affairs, Mrs Clinton or Obama himself) show that they will be willing to support "democracy" in Cameroon - in their way to support democracy. For example just last week there has been a curious meeting in the U.S. embassy between americans and some groups of civil society who claim that they will take power by the street (while in the same time the ambassador was received in the unity palace to congratulate Biya for his investiture to run for a re-election). They said Biya is a dictator, but in a real dictatorship, those people who announce revolutions and "coup d'Etat" everyday in the medias couldn't speak because they would be in jail or 6 feets under.

Now i want to be clear about two things, first of all - i want to remain you that i'm strongly against Biya's policy because it's a BIG failure and it's killing cameroonians everyday, but i'm also convinced that there are people not better than him who have already sold our country before to get to the Etoudi palace - and now are just waiting to profit from any occasion to bring chaos and blood and then accuse Biya for it.
the second thing is that i didn't say america is behind what happened in Wouri bridge (i even don't think they are) but they will support any rebellion that might eventually come out to attack the regime.

Anyway, i believe the people from Cameroon, even if they want Biya out more than anyone, they know there is cannibals out there just waiting to use the people's frustation to take the power.  So all this blood for what? I believe in progressive transformation in our mentality, and we get more and more freedom every season than in the previews ones.

Cameroon has a great history of fighting for freedom. Cheick Anta Diop - the Senegal's greatest historian and anthropologist had once said that "the first time he heard an african claim that he wants the indepedance of his country, it's was a cameroonian." And the great heritage we got from our forefathers is the ability to understand depending on the situation where our interest are. Today it is not in Biya's rule, but neither in some weird hungry politicians who act like if they want they good of the people more than the people itself.

Good write up, well if we are going by Obama's record in Africa it dose not look to good for Cameroon at present. Biya is the perfect target and it will be simple for the media to paint him and his wife as ruthless, anti-Democratic, Greedy, EVIL, …. beings that need to be removed by all means necessary so that Cameroonians can enjoy FREEDOM.

I agree that a BLOODY revolution is the last thing Cameroonians need, however who makes that decision?
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by cap28: 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2011
nolongTing:

Good write up, well if we are going by Obama's record in Africa it dose not look to good for Cameroon at present. Biya is the perfect target and it will be simple for the media to paint him and his wife as ruthless, anti-Democratic, Greedy, EVIL, …. beings that need to be removed by all means necessary so that Cameroonians can enjoy FREEDOM.

I agree that a BLOODY revolution is the last thing Cameroonians need, however who makes that decision?

Unlike Gadaffi,  Biya really is a bloodthirsty tyrant who has done absolutely nothing for his people.  He has been supported by France since 1982 and now they are tired of him, this is the only reason why we are now hearing about armed rebels, this is how France and britain normally operate - they use you and once you have fulfilled your purpose they dispose of you, remember what they did to Gbagbo?  They start off by asking yoiu to step down, if you refuse they try to get rid of you either by assassination or by backing another puppet who they will help into office, if all of that fails - they use military intervention - (Ivory Coast). 

France doesnt give a damn about whether Cameroon operates a democratic system of govt or not, all they want is for their economic interests to be in the "right hands".

Biya and his masquerade looking wife spent 800,000 euro while on a 4 week shopping spree in paris early this year, meanwhile the cameroonian people do not have proper functioning hospitals or decent schools, every year thousands  flee cameroun looking for a better life in their supposed colonial master's country - france, the ones who are "lucky" enough to get to france face terrible discrimination from the french people who do not want africans in their country. Sarkozy is now in the process of deporting thousands of african immigrants back to the same french west african countries that him and his cronies are responsible for destroying .  Sarkozy and his cronies have violated and destroyed the economies of all of the french west african countries, they have worked hand in hand with these french west african puppet presidents to create poverty, mass unemployment and suffering in all of these countries.
Sarkozy said himself that without french west africa being available to france to loot france's economy would collapse - france is a parasitic nation which preys on its host - (the whole of french west africa) in order to survive.
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by cap28: 1:49pm On Oct 02, 2011
a US congressman explains how france has ra.ped its colonies:

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFwpkiKPoUs&feature/related[/flash]

not as if the americans have anything better to offer africans, but there is a lot of truth in his statements.
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by velo10: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2011
@Cap28,
While others tag you a conspiracy-theorist, I really admire your input here. Sounds outrageous and fault-finding but is unfortunately the truth. These westerners act only in their foreign interest. What a pity. Mine is that as along as a democracy was being used to put Biya in then let him be. Or no be demoCRAZY we want/
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by cap28: 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2011
velo10:

@Cap28,
While others tag you a conspiracy-theorist, I really admire your input here. Sounds outrageous and fault-finding but is unfortunately the truth. These westerners act only in their foreign interest. What a pity. Mine is that as along as a democracy was being used to put Biya in then let him be. Or no be demoCRAZY we want/

My brother Im glad you can see where i am coming from, if you listen to the US congressman's speech you will hear him say things like: nobody cares about sub saharan africa - "sub saharan" is a european code word for "black" - what this congressman really meant to say was: nobody gives a damn about black africans, the western nations are only interested in the natural resources in the ground. France's track record towards africans and people of african descent is really terrible, every country they are involved in they destroy - this is the same way that they destroyed Haiti.

They made sure they punished Haiti for freeing itself from french enslavement by forcing the newly emancipated nation to pay France compensation which ran into millions of francs for "lost property" (freed slaves) - this effectively led to Haiti's bankruptcy and economic collapse.

Paul Biya is a french puppet and despot, but like i said the french are now tired of him so it looks like he may be toppled by these new rebel forces - it would be interesting to find out who are arming these rebel forces
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by cheikh: 10:44pm On Oct 03, 2011
@cap28 grin
How do you do? Well, Africa has been ceded to the colonial masters of Britain and France to take care of since only they know our gullible lazy people more than we know of ourselves hence the prime movers for invasion of Libya are the usual Primary colonials(France and Britain) with "hapless" USA in tow. Cameroons is just another quasi-colonial territory. You only need to meet so called Francophone Cameroonians to appreciate the enormity of the problem with Cameroons and the so called democracy Cameroonian style. It's no different from Nigeria except that Nigerians have managed to believe their own hype and delusions. America is unlikely to interfere in a French "territory" no matter the temptation oil or not. France is a very aggressive colonialist and do not suffer fools gladly. Their sphere of direct influence rarely step out of line except if you are Proud Haitians, Guinea Conakry(Sekou Toure) and Vietnamese. They are already trying to woo Kagame back to the fold if only he'll play according to the script. Sincerely, I feel for the Cameroonians. After Nigeria they have the most actual ethnic diversity despite her small population. Nevermind Nigerians thinking that Indonasia, and India have more diversity than Papua New Guinea let alone Cameroons. I understand and appreciate your drift especially the Congress man's thoughts and also using his adopted Ethiopian daughter to buttress his point on so called "sub-Saharan" Africa and the Colonials(France and Britain) and the hapless Ivoriens who are equally lost like the over dressed, tie / bow-tie and badly fitting suits and their women no different from their so called First lady. Change is unlikely until the Franco-phone side decide so or perhaps providence intervenes like in Abacha/Nigeria. They are very apathetic and lazy like most tropical Africans who condone and support mediocrity and foolishness in the name of ethnicity. embarassed sad
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 04, 2011
@ the conversation above me and the video posted >>> VEERY interesting. . . cool wink
and yes NoLongTing, the first lady of cameroon IS a hawt mess! grin
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by cheikh: 11:11pm On Oct 05, 2011
MsDarkSkin
@ the conversation above me and the video posted >>> VEERY interesting. . .
and yes NoLongTing, the first lady of cameroon IS a hawt mess!

^^ wink wink cool cool Jamrican how do you do? What do you find veery interesting grin? I guess you get my drift afterall cool. Have a good day sister.
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by cap28: 11:37pm On Oct 05, 2011
cheikh:

@cap28 grin
How do you do? Well, Africa has been ceded to the colonial masters of Britain and France to take care of since only they know our gullible lazy people more than we know of ourselves hence the prime movers for invasion of Libya are the usual Primary colonials(France and Britain) with "hapless" USA in tow. Cameroons is just another quasi-colonial territory. You only need to meet so called Francophone Cameroonians to appreciate the enormity of the problem with Cameroons and the so called democracy Cameroonian style. It's no different from Nigeria except that Nigerians have managed to believe their own hype and delusions. America is unlikely to interfere in a French "territory" no matter the temptation oil or not. France is a very aggressive colonialist and do not suffer fools gladly. Their sphere of direct influence rarely step out of line except if you are Proud Haitians, Guinea Conakry(Sekou Toure) and Vietnamese. They are already trying to woo Kagame back to the fold if only he'll play according to the script. Sincerely, I feel for the Cameroonians. After Nigeria they have the most actual ethnic diversity despite her small population. Nevermind Nigerians thinking that Indonasia, and India have more diversity than Papua New Guinea let alone Cameroons. I understand and appreciate your drift especially the Congress man's thoughts and also using his adopted Ethiopian daughter to buttress his point on so called "sub-Saharan" Africa and the Colonials(France and Britain) and the hapless Ivoriens who are equally lost like the over dressed, tie / bow-tie and badly fitting suits and their women no different from their so called First lady. Change is unlikely until the Franco-phone side decide so or perhaps providence intervenes like in Abacha/Nigeria. They are very apathetic and lazy like most tropical Africans who condone and support mediocrity and foolishness in the name of ethnicity. embarassed sad

Hey Cheikh im well, hope you are too.

I wouldnt describe the US as playing a hapless role in libya, they planned and led the entire invasion but pushed s.tupid sarkozy out in front because he desperately wanted to appear like the leader.

as long as africom is allowed to locate its bases on the african continent it will be very difficult for any african nation to obtain positive change.
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by kodewrita(m): 7:48am On Oct 06, 2011
If you africans continue to be lazy with change, then you leave the door open for 'self-appointed foreign messiahs' to come and exploit it for their own ends.

remove Biya yourselves or be exploited by France and other "well-meaning Friends Of Cameroun".
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by nolongTing: 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2011
cap28:

Unlike Gadaffi,  Biya really is a bloodthirsty tyrant who has done absolutely nothing for his people.  He has been supported by France since 1982 and now they are tired of him, this is the only reason why we are now hearing about armed rebels, this is how France and britain normally operate - they use you and once you have fulfilled your purpose they dispose of you, remember what they did to Gbagbo?  They start off by asking yoiu to step down, if you refuse they try to get rid of you either by assassination or by backing another puppet who they will help into office, if all of that fails - they use military intervention - (Ivory Coast). 

France doesnt give a damn about whether Cameroon operates a democratic system of govt or not, all they want is for their economic interests to be in the "right hands".

Biya and his masquerade looking wife spent 800,000 euro while on a 4 week shopping spree in paris early this year, meanwhile the cameroonian people do not have proper functioning hospitals or decent schools, every year thousands  flee cameroun looking for a better life in their supposed colonial master's country - france, the ones who are "lucky" enough to get to france face terrible discrimination from the french people who do not want africans in their country. Sarkozy is now in the process of deporting thousands of african immigrants back to the same french west african countries that him and his cronies are responsible for destroying .  Sarkozy and his cronies have violated and destroyed the economies of all of the french west african countries, they have worked hand in hand with these french west african puppet presidents to create poverty, mass unemployment and suffering in all of these countries.
Sarkozy said himself that without french west africa being available to france to loot france's economy would collapse - france is a parasitic nation which preys on its host - (the whole of french west africa) in order to survive.

Must these African leaders always STAY and wait for the inevitable? I mean if he wins the election he will spend another term doing NOTHING and when he's done he will be in his 80s!Unfortunately, he has weakened the opposition and become power drunk and Sakozy is all business nowadays so again it looks bad.

But if we look at it logically either Biya wins the next election, the west turn a blind eye and keep it laissez faire. On the other hand he will be overthrown and the west will come to the rescue with bombs, new deals and loans and appoint a new manager president.

I despise the predictability of the whole situation.
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by nolongTing: 9:56pm On Oct 06, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

@ the conversation above me and the video posted >>> VEERY interesting. . . cool wink
and yes NoLongTing, the first lady of cameroon IS a hawt mess! grin

Her hair and makeup is something else, lol! grin grin grin grin
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by cheikh: 11:15pm On Oct 06, 2011
cap28
as long as africom is allowed to locate its bases on the african continent it will be very difficult for any african nation to obtain positive change.

^^ hi cap28, the French have many established bases all over Africa - from Djibouti- Central-Africa and ofcourse as usual in West-Africa. The Americans are trying very hard to muscle in but they have to learn some lessons from the old colonials who perhaps don't have the resources the USA have, nevertheless it does not negate their hold on Africa because we have no cohesive and aware leadership anywhere but Quadaffi during his reign hence the determination to get rid of him. Our condition is dire and sad indeed.
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by BlackLibya: 12:43am On Oct 11, 2011
Cap28, me and you will have to talk off of here. You my brother are an intelligent man, we think alike.

What is so sad about this whole thing is that the Africans in this country dont care! Worst that African Americans dont stand with their brothers, but the africans dont care either! Half of them are so stupid they dont think they are still colonized. I had a girl from ivory coast tell me ivory coast was independent in 1960! Really, so what was houphet-boigney doing the whole time?

Your country is really free when native language and culture and values are officially ok to be supplanted by the almighty french?
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by cheikh: 1:41am On Nov 05, 2011
@ OP

Did my prediction about politics in Cameroons not come to pass sad wink? Nothing changes nor Biya ever going to offer anything new beyond his usual hollow headed capacity sad embarassed. Cameroon is not too different from Nigeria grin. see my earlier post.
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by Amujale(m): 3:36am On Nov 10, 2011
President Biya is NOT a tyrant, cameroon have a different system of government. If it works for them, who are we to demand change?

The people of cameroon are NOT on the streets crying for help, or am i missing something here?

They have a different system of government FULL STOP!

It doesnt matter if he's been in rule for 200years (that would be a world record) their current political system allows for this to happen
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by Amujale(m): 3:48am On Nov 10, 2011
BlackLibya:

Your country is really free when native language and culture and values are officially ok to be supplanted by the almighty french?

What Is democratic about this?
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by BlackLibya: 5:28am On Nov 10, 2011
What Is democratic about this?

Nothing, Biya needs to stop being an asimileé
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by kodewrita(m): 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2011
Amujale:

President Biya is NOT a tyrant, cameroon have a different system of government. If it works for them, who are we to demand change?

The people of cameroon are NOT on the streets crying for help, or am i missing something here?

It doesnt matter if he's been in rule for 200years (that would be a world record) their current political system allows for this to happen

it is foreign-born or foreign-resident emigres like this poster quoted here who are part of the problem in africa. Instead of fighting for change, these numsku.lls are busy trying to prop up the old order that has been holding africa back. Libyans suffered 42 years before rising, that doesnt mean they ever wanted the situation to continue, they just didnt know how to go about it.

Make no bones about it. BIYA IS A TYRANT. A DESPOT. A FRAUD AND A DISGRACE TO AFRICA.
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by nolongTing: 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2011
Amujale:

[size=18pt]President Biya is NOT a tyrant[/size], cameroon have a different system of government. If it works for them, who are we to demand change?

What!!! If Biya is not a Tyrant then Nigeria has a world class democratic system tongue
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by Amujale(m): 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2011
kodewrita:

it is foreign-born or foreign-resident emigres like this poster quoted here who are part of the problem in africa. Instead of fighting for change, these numsku.lls are busy trying to prop up the old order that has been holding africa back. Libyans suffered 42 years before rising, that doesnt mean they ever wanted the situation to continue, they just didnt know how to go about it.

Lenu e!  look, oponu afofun if you havent good anything sensible to say then dont bother. What i refer to is that which allows for crazed people like you to start crying blue-murder for nothing in particular. Again i asked you, do you see people on the streets crying out that they need help? Or i you just a heartless leech, not ready to fight for your own course but would like to see other people around you suffering.
Let me ask you a simple question; can you tell us what system of government is in Cameroon atm?

In your eyes all our leaders are tyrants, but this couldnt be further from the truth; i'm not here to defend Biya parse but pointing out a simple
technicality. Your arguement that because he's been in office for very long is baseless if the system of government allows for such. Its called rule of law; last i checked democracy is a political system; this implies that there are others. Even democracy  has variables.

If China was an Africa country, people like you would NOT have let for progress with your whinning about nothing in particular. what ever works for someone is the best for that person FULLSTOP

Someone reading your post will think you know what your talking about but wont know that you're merely suffering from the after effects of propaganda; you'll get the real picture all you need to do is stop taking CNN TO SERIOUSLY
Re: Armed Protesters In Cameroon Ask For President Biya's Resignation by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2011
Chai, Na mod u dey curse oo broda

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Really This Bad , That Other African Countries Want Us Out? / Ethiopia Is Nt As Ya Tink / Trump Denies Accusations And "Fully Retracted Claims" From Epstein Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.