Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker (15515 Views)

Pictures From President Bola Tinubu First Security Meeting With Service Chiefs / Hon. Erele Elebute-Halle Hosts Folashade Tinubu, First Daughter Of Nigeria / Tinubu: First Lady, Aisha Buhari, Shows Off Her Jagaban Logo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by peekspot(m): 5:03am On Jun 06, 2023
At least 78 Nigerians have been killed and 12 abducted in violent attacks across the country since President Bola Tinubu took the oath of office.

The incidents happened in Rivers, Zamfara, Kaduna, Ogun, Sokoto, and the Federal Capital Territory.

This was contained in data obtained from the Nigeria Security Tracker, a project of the Council on Foreign Relations.

The reported noted that gunmen killed four and beheaded two persons in Rivers on May 29.

On May 30, bandits killed a vigilante leader and 24 others in Zamfara. Also, on May 30, two APC women leaders were kidnapped after attending the Kaduna governor’s inauguration.

On the same day, bandits killed a man and kidnapped his wife, and four kids in Kaduna. Also, on May 30, suspected cultists killed six persons in Rivers communities.

On May 31, gunmen in camouflage attacked an Ogun farm, killed three and abducted two. In Abuja, gunmen kidnapped four on June 4, 2023.

On Sunday, bandits killed 37 over refusal to pay levy in Sokoto.

The Director, Defence Media Operations, Defence Headquarters, Maj. Gen. Musa Danmadami, did not pick up his calls.

He had yet to respond to a text message sent to his line by our correspondent.

A security expert, Timothy Avele, said the recent killings and abductions in the country were a call for the President to act fast to address the menace,

Avele said, “It simply means he is running out of time. The security structure must be immediately reset and the head of the security agencies must be kept on their toes.”

https://punchng.com/78-killed-12-kidnapped-in-tinubus-first-week-report/

3 Likes

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by princeade86(m): 5:08am On Jun 06, 2023
Things will get better by God grace

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by taylor88(m): 5:18am On Jun 06, 2023
princeade86:
Things will get better by God grace

Dey Play

The level of damage APC has done to Nigeria don pass wetin prayers fit solve

A desperado of una president that asked where’s the cows when his own state people were massacred is who your hoping on to stop killing by his slave masters

Tinubu won’t harm Fulanis make them no vote against am next election that’s if he’ll be alive then

123 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by taylor88(m): 5:18am On Jun 06, 2023
Better add this one to his track records

Hit the ground running don kill 78 people in just two weeks

Herders no fear Buhari na Tinubu they go come fear

Thunder scatter Tinubu

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by Asabe4(f): 5:24am On Jun 06, 2023
Tinubu must do all he can to stop these killings...I mean these are humans being killed like chickens.

Any other achievement won't matter if he can't protect lives.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by Nvestor02: 5:24am On Jun 06, 2023
Insecurity is one of the things that Tinubu inherited from Buhari. Tinubu inherited a lot of challenges from the past administration and he cannot settle of it once.

Ever since Tinubu assume office, he has been taking good move that gives me hope that Nigeria will be great under him. Once Subsidy is successfully gone then other problems will be face and settled too.

Tinubu need to gain the trust of the international space and also made good ally with powerful nation to be able to get weapons that would be used for the mass killing of terrorist that are disturbing the peace of Nigeria. ND I'm sure, he is working toward that.

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by bennybuhari: 5:42am On Jun 06, 2023
I expect him to sack this NSA and Emefiele from day one but he appears clueless

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by Ihateheadslamer: 5:45am On Jun 06, 2023
Hopefully, tinubu won't fail to disappoints us tongue
Nvestor02:
Insecurity is one of the things that Tinubu inherited from Buhari. Tinubu inherited a lot of challenges from the past administration and he cannot settle of it once.

Ever since Tinubu assume office, he has been taking good move that gives me hope that Nigeria will be great under him. Once Subsidy is successfully gone then other problems will be face and settled too.

Tinubu need to gain the trust of the international space and also made good ally with powerful nation to be able to get weapons that would be used for the mass killing of terrorist that are disturbing the peace of Nigeria. ND I'm sure, he is working toward that.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by darling2424(f): 5:50am On Jun 06, 2023
Bad sign

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by Nvestor02: 5:50am On Jun 06, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Hopefully, tinubu won't fail to disappoints us tongue

Tinubu will not, I believe in his candidacy and he has take some big move ever since he assume office that make my hope in him grown stronger.

Back then when become the governor of Lagos, he met a lot problems in the state and he settle most of it.

Tinubu knows that ignoring insecurity will cost his administration a lot. And without peace, all his other achievement will not be relevant to the people.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by EmiDon11: 5:51am On Jun 06, 2023
I dont know why some people sound dumb.
Does that mean that Tinubu is responsible for the attack?
Is there no gun vawulence in US?
How many times una don blame Biden?
Haba!!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by Kekenary: 6:00am On Jun 06, 2023
The way some of us support this government will make some well-meaning Nigerians refuse to assist other Nigerians. They say NL is not tribalistic but what we have here is a far cry from what we are supposed to practice.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by Westerhoffe(m): 6:40am On Jun 06, 2023
Divided Nation.

4 Likes

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by Ogene001: 6:49am On Jun 06, 2023
No SE on the list. Shame on propagandists

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by OneCandleAway(f): 6:56am On Jun 06, 2023
EmiDon11:
Haba!!!

You should know the north that kept quite to the killings under buhari will find their voice under tinubu and start complaining

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 06, 2023
Jagaban, after only a week in power appears the most beleaguered President in the history of Nigeria thanks to how divided and hateful of each other Nigerians are today due in no small part to the ultra-divisive and very destructive reign of Buhari.

Yet I personally trust Tinubu to have enough leadership nous to emerge the winner on behalf of well--meaning and progressive Nigerians if only he remains the Tinubu totally dedicated to restructuring and regional autonomy.

Tinubu is a very responsive and visionary leader. He will have noted the meaning of all they are unfairly fighting his government with to understand what he must do to succeed.

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 06, 2023
OneCandleAway:

You should know the north that kept quite to the killings under buhari will find their voice under tinubu and start complaining

Totally expected. Nigeria is horrendously divided. A President who accepts that can turn it into a strenght rather than accept it is a liability.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 06, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Divided Nation.

Horribly divided. No excuses for Tinubu to hide behind though.

He should liberalise our democracy asap and give regions and State better autonomy and control over their own success and/or failure.

After that, we will quickly see Nigerians begin 'regulating' themselves instead of always seeking to blame one man and one office when, to a good extent, we have all been given the freedom to succeed or keep failing .

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by marlow1962(m): 8:23am On Jun 06, 2023
Hahaha
The more killing, the more security allocation from USA and other countries..
Apc just they use Nigerians lives they cash out massively.

5 Likes

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by marlow1962(m): 8:29am On Jun 06, 2023
EmiDon11:
Haba!!!
Bro relax and try get enlightened
There's a big difference between gun vawulense and terrorism. Usa is dealing with gun vawulense not terrorism, Nigerians are dealing with government sponsored terrorism.
You're dumb if you think the government will protect your life.
More terrorist killing, more security allocation from USA and other countries.

11 Likes

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by flokii: 8:30am On Jun 06, 2023
I hope George Akume will utilize his post as SGF to secure his home State Benue.. even if he is not so loved by his people, he should end the senseless killings going on in the State using every means at his disposal.
I look forward to recruitment of one million patriotic youths into the Army.. make everybody kukuma get sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by Dc14(m): 8:30am On Jun 06, 2023
bennybuhari:
I expect him to sack this NSA and Emefiele from day one but he appears clueless
he cant

2 Likes

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by accordadoga28(f): 8:33am On Jun 06, 2023
The man of the people is just one week in the office. The haters of Nigeria should give him some time.

Just seven days he assumed office, 🐖 🐖 🐖 🐖 are already recording the number of deaths under his administration.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:33am On Jun 06, 2023
Nothing will change in the killings across the country until we all rise to retake our National life from the leprous fingers of Fulani supremacist in all aspects.

Tinubu can't fight them headlong with a stolen mandate. Only a man that Nigeria really voted for and who is not Fulani made can stop the killings.

Elrufai and Buhari people are the problems of Nigeria
They sit down to supervise the killings of people they are supposed to protect and did nothing. Look at their respective states of Katsina and Kaduna, endless massacre of people who are already traumatized by hardship.

I'm a sad man each day I see avoidable bloodshed across the country by Fulanis n Militia down South.

4 Likes

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by Mindlog: 8:36am On Jun 06, 2023
flokii:
I hope George Akume will utilize his post as SGF to secure his home State Benue.. even if he is not so loved by his people, he should end the senseless killings going on in the State using every means at his disposal.
I look forward to recruitment of one million patriotic youths into the Army.. make everybody kukuma get sense.

I hope you are joining the Nigerian Army.

6 Likes

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by Mindlog: 8:38am On Jun 06, 2023
accordadoga28:
The man of the people is just one week in the office. The haters of Nigeria should give him some time.

Just seven days he assumed office, 🐖 🐖 🐖 🐖 are already recording the number of deaths under his administration.

Why describing the Punch newspaper as that, did the Newspaper lie with the numbers they publish?

9 Likes

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by flokii: 8:47am On Jun 06, 2023
Mindlog:

I hope you are joining the Nigerian Army.

I for don pass Major rank now if to say I join Army.. let's say Lieutenant Colonel.
Let the youngsters join biko.
The goal is to secure Nigeria.. all hands must be on deck.

1 Like

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by christejames(m): 8:50am On Jun 06, 2023
Continuing from where Buhari stopped

1 Like

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by Westerhoffe(m): 9:07am On Jun 06, 2023
Dsalvo:

Horribly divided. No excuses for Tinubu to hide behind though.

He should liberalise our democracy asap and give regions and State better autonomy and control over their own success and/or failure.

After that, we will quickly see Nigerians begin 'regulating' themselves instead of always seeking to blame one man and one office when, to a good extent, we have all been given the freedom to succeed or keep failing .

If only… if only…
Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by meolaniyi(m): 9:07am On Jun 06, 2023
Tinubu is just a placeholder what is happening at the tribunal says it all. Apapa the babalawo has failed. When NLC discovered that the plan was to use the strike to make sure that tribunal does not seat, NLC called off the strike.

Obi is coming. Dear Nigerian youths ignore all the likes for Tinubu on NL. It's programmed. The software is a cooled bot. Check it on google

3 Likes

Re: 78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker by slawomir: 9:25am On Jun 06, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Ain't feeling no pity for anyone

Oh we should ot forget they didn't add the 37 killed in sokoto two days ago because they failed to pay levy to bandits

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Demolished Buildings Not Approved By Government – Lagos / Check Out Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Grammer Session In The House Of Rep: Na Waoh! / Abacha's wife interview - her own words (translated from hausa by Negro_Ntn)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.