Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,443 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Why Can't A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man (276 Views)

Muslim Woman Decorates Hayap, CAN Chairman’s House With Christmas Tree In Kaduna / Muslim Man And His Catholic Wife Bless Their Marriage In Church After 37 Years / Muslim Woman Decorates Pastor’s House Ahead Of Christmas In Kaduna. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man by Shantyken(m): 10:19am On Jun 06, 2023
A Muslim friend told me that their faith sisters can't marry out of muslim religion, that it is Haram. To know I was interested in a copy of quran for the first time(thanks Idris for sending the holy book to me)
Re: Why Can't A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man by oloriooko(m): 10:20am On Jun 06, 2023
you can OP but prepare your will and enjoy life thereafter

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man by BirtherOfKings(f): 10:28am On Jun 06, 2023
This is possible if the family members are liberal and the woman is mature to ignore criticism, comments and threats

However, which choice will u make today?
Jesus Christ has been knocking on the door of your heart, why do u keep procrastinating..yes u... Today is your own today
Repent genuinely, good good bye to that satanic sin and habit and surender to Jesus Christ by saying this prayer below from your heart. JESUS CHRIST is the only way, truth and life. U don't have d power to change some things, only his help can make u come out easily..reach out once you are done..

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man by Coolsat(m): 10:38am On Jun 06, 2023
It happens so long as you don't force her to change her religion after marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man by Shantyken(m): 10:48am On Jun 06, 2023
Coolsat:
It happens so long as you don't force her to change her religion after marriage.

It might sound daft but I don't really carry religion for head. I believe in doing what is right in the eyes of our God the creator. As such I can't and will never force her to change her her religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man by Shantyken(m): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2023
BirtherOfKings:
This is possible if the family members are liberal and the woman is mature to ignore criticism, comments and threats
Ok

However, which choice will u make today?
Jesus Christ has been knocking on the door of your heart, why do u keep procrastinating..yes u... Today is your own today
Repent genuinely, good good bye to that satanic sin and habit and surender to Jesus Christ by saying this prayer below from your heart. JESUS CHRIST is the only way, truth and life. U don't have d power to change some things, only his help can make u come out easily..reach out once you are done..
Re: Why Can't A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man by TenQ: 11:50am On Jun 06, 2023
Coolsat:
I agree that it happens
BUT
This will be going against Islam!

According to the traditional interpretation of Islamic law (sharīʿa), a Muslim man is allowed to marry a Christian or Jewish woman but this ruling doesn't apply to women.

Qur'an 5:5
“Made lawful to you this day are At-Tayyibat [all kinds of Halal (lawful) foods, which Allah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits)]. The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals) of the People of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time when you have given their due Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e. taking them in legal wedlock) not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girlfriends.”

Reasons:
It's all about Islamic Evangelism
1. To depopulate the number of would-be Christian children as you reduce the number of marriable Christian women
2. The Children should normally adopt the religion of their father and both their mother
Re: Why Can't A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man by Shantyken(m): 2:07pm On Jun 06, 2023
TenQ:

I agree that it happens
BUT
This will be going against Islam!

According to the traditional interpretation of Islamic law (sharīʿa), a Muslim man is allowed to marry a Christian or Jewish woman but this ruling doesn't apply to women.

Qur'an 5:5
“Made lawful to you this day are At-Tayyibat [all kinds of Halal (lawful) foods, which Allah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits)]. The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals) of the People of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time when you have given their due Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e. taking them in legal wedlock) not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girlfriends.”

Reasons:
It's all about Islamic Evangelism
1. To depopulate the number of would-be Christian children as you reduce the number of marriable Christian women
2. The Children should normally adopt the religion of their father and both their mother
It should be a two way thing irrespective of religion because to me i think on the last day be ye Christians, Muslims, Jewish etc if u are not doing the will of God we all will be judge accordingly.
Re: Why Can't A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man by Maximus692(m): 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
It makes no sense!
The best place to get a future partner is within members of your own faith! smiley
Re: Why Can't A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man by Maximus692(m): 2:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
Shantyken:

It should be a two way thing irrespective of religion because to me i think on the last day be ye Christians, Muslims, Jewish etc if u are not doing the will of God we all will be judge accordingly.

There is no way anyone can do God's will except he or she becomes one of the disciples of Christ! John 14:6

That's why it's very very important to know the will of God! smiley
Re: Why Can't A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man by TenQ: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
Shantyken:

No sir!

You should either answer this question as
1. A practicing Muslim
2. A Practicing Christian
3. A loose Religious Cannon (either Christian or Muslim but who doesn't care about practicing his faith)

(1) (Reply)

The Prophecy Of The Release Of R Kelly By Pastor Humble Okoro / Jesus' First Miracle: Water Into Wine Or Peter Catching Many Fishes? / There Are Tonnes Of Activated Demonic Portals In Southeast Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.