Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely (11791 Views)

10th National Assembly Inauguration (Live Update) / Nasarawa Assembly Fumigated, Sealed As Suleiman Adamu Dies Of Coronavirus / 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by 27Pushing30: 1:30pm On Jun 06, 2023
Jostoman:
Nigeria has finally turn to a banana republic if this news is true.

Obaseki also did same
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by BabaRamota1980: 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2023
It is outside a Governor's circle of jurisdiction to postpone inauguration of legislative sitting. It's like governor telling the Judges he postpones Courts from hearing cases.

Some places in Nigeria and their ethnic groups should never have had a legitimate status as a State, they ought to have been left as village.
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by Eriokanmi: 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2023
MrCGPA:
Nassarawa, Enugu and Kaduna Governors didn't win Election but were imposed on People by fire by force.
The nasarawa own too dey obvious. I hope the pdp guy is not taking it low. He needs to claim his mandate.
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by Jostoman: 1:49pm On Jun 06, 2023
27Pushing30:

Obaseki also did same
APC goverment is all about lawlessness, they dont care about constitution
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by garfield1: 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
MrCGPA:
Nassarawa, Enugu and Kaduna Governors didn't win Election but were imposed on People by fire by force.

Enugu alone
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by garfield1: 2:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
Eriokanmi:
The nasarawa own too dey obvious. I hope the pdp guy is not taking it low. He needs to claim his mandate.

Oga,Enugu is obvious not nasarawa-.this your bias against apc
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by TheAdvocate(m): 2:47pm On Jun 06, 2023
[quote author=politicoNG post=123606821][/quote]

Is it within the powers of a governor to do that?
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by Emir8: 3:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
MrCGPA:
Add Rivers State
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by Unique9: 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2023
This is peter enabulu, renowned scammer, don't dash him your money
Vaariband:

Everyone is welcome to join my new Telegram group for a full comprehensive two days tutorial on Neteller / Skrill and Binance Arbitrage where u will be able to make 10k from $100 due to increase in dollar rate. You just need two accounts. Either Neteller and Binance or Skrill and Binance. So if u have any of these two accounts or u are ready to open any of the accounts u don't have, then chat me up so u can be added to the new group. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TWO DAYS TUTORIAL IS COMPLETELY FREE SO NOBODY SHOULD CHAT ME UP ASKING FOR THE PRICE COS I'M NOT CHARGING FOR WHAT I LEARNT FREE

Just chat me up directly on WhatsApp. Don't quote me with your contact I won't, My WhatsApp contact is +23470 3 9 7 40238
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by kokoA(m): 4:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,Enugu is obvious not nasarawa-.this your bias against apc
Nasarwa is more obvious. APC did not win the governorship and they know.
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by Forumobserver12(m): 4:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
abdulskulboy:
There is no any security breaches or whatsoever. The governor wan to impose the incumbent speaker on the members which majority of them don't opposed.

15 out of 24 members elect now site against the incumbent speaker which is the preferred candidate of the governor.

I tend to believe you than the security reasons sighted by the Nasarawa state Governor.

Soon they will announce speaker select/elect from a hotel room somewhere...

1 Like

Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by garfield1: 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
kokoA:
Nasarwa is more obvious. APC did not win the governorship and they know.

You lie.apc won there clean.the last lga to be declared vwas Lafia and apc stronghold which they rightly won.where you expecting them to lose there?
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by garfield1: 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2023
Forumobserver12:

I tend to believe you than the security reasons sighted by the Nasarawa state Governor.

Soon they will announce speaker select/elect from a hotel room somewhere...

The postponement was announced by the clerk of the house.but is it not ridiculous that you tend to believe a nobody without credibility than someone in authority with all resources at his disposal
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by garfield1: 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2023
BabaRamota1980:
It is outside a Governor's circle of jurisdiction to postpone inauguration of legislative sitting. It's like governor telling the Judges he postpones Courts from hearing cases.

Some places in Nigeria and their ethnic groups should never have had a legitimate status as a State, they ought to have been left as village.

The postponement was from the clerk of the house not the gov.the op was mischievous with the headline.cc Fergie001
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by Forumobserver12(m): 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2023
garfield1:

The postponement was announced by the clerk of the house.but is it not ridiculous that you tend to believe a nobody without credibility than someone in authority with all resources at his disposal

Ok, can you tell us where the security threat is coming from?

We are not toddlers in Nigeria politics, I know where the postponement is coming from ,so forget about the statement ascribed to the Clark of the House..
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by garfield1: 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
Forumobserver12:

Ok, can you tell us where the security threat is coming from?

Ask the clerk
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by Forumobserver12(m): 4:56pm On Jun 06, 2023
garfield1:

Ask the clerk

My brother, you know the truth deep down your heart..

We cannot make progress with lawlessness as a nation, we made laws but chose to do the opposite when it pleases us....
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by garfield1: 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
Forumobserver12:

My brother, you know the truth deep down your heart..

We cannot make progress with lawlessness as a nation, we made laws but chose to do the opposite when it pleases us....

My brother,you cannot make false or wild claim.the clerk has postponed the inauguration.leave baseless assumptions,blame the clerk and leave the gov
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by asobo1: 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2023
MrCGPA:
Add Ogun
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by innotrks(m): 7:45pm On Jun 06, 2023
[quote author=politicoNG post=123606821][/quote]
Nasarawa State now has two Speaker's
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by Ex0rrcist: 6:19am On Jun 07, 2023
MrCGPA:
Add ohun State too
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by fergie001: 9:33am On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

The postponement was from the clerk of the house not the gov.the op was mischievous with the headline.
I don't see anything mischievous.

It is the Govs who dissolve the Assemblys, I believe the Gov saw that his preferred might not emerge hence allowed katakata to besiege the Assembly.
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by garfield1: 9:42am On Jun 07, 2023
fergie001:

I don't see anything mischievous.

It is the Govs who dissolve the Assemblys, I believe the Gov saw that his preferred might not emerge hence allowed katakata to besiege the Assembly.

Well,the postponement was from the clerk so let's keep it simple
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by fergie001: 9:59am On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

Well,the postponement was from the clerk so let's keep it simple
He got communication from the Gov and announced.
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by garfield1: 10:01am On Jun 07, 2023
fergie001:
He got communication from the Gov and announced.

No evidence on that sir.let us stick to how it is.the assembly is independent from the executive
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by fergie001: 10:02am On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:
No evidence on that sir.let us stick to how it is.the assembly is independent from the executive
You don't get it?

The Gov dissolves the previous Assembly. He read a communication from the Gov not on his own volition.
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by fergie001: 10:29am On Jun 07, 2023
@garfield1, got the facts now.

The returning Speaker is the Gov's Candidate but he was elected by 11 members somewhere.

Whilst 13 members voted Ogazi at the State Assembly Complex.
I think this is what is all about.
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by garfield1: 10:33am On Jun 07, 2023
fergie001:
@garfield1, got the facts now.

The returning Speaker is the Gov's Candidate but he was elected by 11 members somewhere.

Whilst 13 members voted Ogazi at the State Assembly Complex.
I think this is what is all about.

Unofficially yes but that letter came from the clerk so the governor is absolved.
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by garfield1: 10:45am On Jun 07, 2023
fergie001:

You don't get it?

The Gov dissolves the previous Assembly. He read a communication from the Gov not on his own volition.

Hmmmm.wheb is abia assembly inaugurating
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by fergie001: 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

Unofficially yes but that letter came from the clerk so the governor is absolved.
Everyone knows he isn't
The former Speaker visited him yesterday and introduced himself as the new Speaker.

Everyone knows he is fully involved, not like anything will happen anyways.
Re: Security Alert: Gov Sule Postpones Nasarawa Assembly Inauguration Indefinitely by garfield1: 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2023
fergie001:
Everyone knows he isn't
The former Speaker visited him yesterday and introduced himself as the new Speaker.

Everyone knows he is fully involved, not like anything will happen anyways.

Seems the gov didn't do his homework well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration / Fubara Signs Agreements For Construction Of 20,000 Housing Units / We Can’t Have Intervention Programmes For Poor People Without NIN – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.