Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,331 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million (18974 Views)

Atiku: US Court Turns Down Request For FBI, CIA, To Release Documents On Tinubu / FBI To Release Documents On Tinubu’s Forfeiture Case In October / Prophet Emmanuel Chinonso: Why INEC Refused To Issue Okorocha Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by jerryayaebi2: 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2023
INEC Refused To Release Electoral Documents Despite Collecting N6m From us, Atiku’s Lawyer Tells Court

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has been accused of frustrating the efforts of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, to access vital electoral documents despite paying N6 million for the certification of the documents.

Atiku’s lawyer, Eyitayo Jegede, said this on Tuesday, June 6, at the resumption of proceedings at the Presidential Election Petition Court in Abuja, Premium Times reported.

Jegede, said INEC’s refusal to provide electoral documents to his legal team has it difficult for them to prove Atiku’s case against President Bola Tinubu.

The Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), had sought to tender some results sheets from 10 Local Government Areas of Kogi State, Ankpa, Dekina, Idah, Ofu, Olamaboro, Yagba East, Yagba West, Kabba-Bunu and Igalamela Odolu

The five-member court panel chaired by Haruna Tsammani turned down Jegede’s move to substantiate their case against Tinubu by tendering some results sheets from Ankpa, Dekina, Idah, Ofu, Olamaboro, Yagba East, Yagba West, Kabba-Bunu and Igalamela Odolu Local Government Areas of Kogi State.

The tribunal said it was improper to tender such sensitive documents piecemeal.

Tsammani explained that the court would have difficulty marking and numbering the documents as exhibits.

Defending his case, the lawyer said INEC refused to supply the documents wholesale to Atiku’s legal team.

According to Jegede, INEC allegedly refuses to make election records available after Atiku had paid N6 million as a cost to supply true certified copies of electoral documents

The lawyer disclosed that Atiku’s team was left with no option but to subpoena officials of the electoral commission to bring the required documents before the court.

Jegede sought a 24-hour adjournment to further request the necessary documents from INEC.
Source: https://www.legit.ng/politics/1538136-inec-refused-release-electoral-documents-collecting-n6m-atikus-lawyer-tells-court/

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
NA every 4 + 4 years this one dey pay tax on his looted Fund... akidanidani waziri ti mio riri, eyan finitri grin

Inec don get dem cut las las, PDP [PRESIDEMTIAL FORM + CAMPAIGN Every 4 years], Judiciary + Lawyers [tribunal]
Inec do join list.

Babssoo:
Why this atiku lawyer eyitayo jegede no win I’m own case for tribunal when he lost ondo governorship election?
Lolz grin no touch him wound oo
Person wey dey rake him previous FORM money back from A.A

Ihateheadslamer:
Him dey shout because of the small money wey him drop
Dem Run am UPDATE of his own FORMAT then.. UPDATE don dey he no Know

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by specialmati(m): 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin maybe because na 6million naira, let him pay 6million dollar let check again

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by Up9ja(f): 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
People are too suffering in this country God please

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by creolehunt: 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
The major problem Nigeria has is weak institutions.

The Nigerian judiciary for one is completely useless, rotten and have the backing of clueless and idiotic citizens who cheer on their rascality as long as it doesn't affect them.

Institutions and powerful individuals have no regard for the law as they know that the law itself can be bought and is under their whims and caprices.

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by adeniyi997: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
Ha, 6million for what
Meanwhile
Price of food ahead ahead😭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVdaiuH36b4

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by picaso313(m): 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by pandoragirigory: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
Which document, Peter girigory Obi and Atiku should first tackle themselves in court for second position then the second can challenge Tinubu Jagaban the Eze-Chukwu of Igbo land

10 Likes

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by benuejosh: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
Abi they wanted to bribe INEC?

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by JASONjnr(m): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
Atiku should just rest already.....

He's rejected by his people and the entire country...

This man should read the signs already...

1 Like

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by upower123(m): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
Nigeria go humble and disgrace you

1 Like

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by Enemyofpeace: 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
Keep on wasting your time and money

In another news, the owner of this style has released an update on how it should be done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by LesbianBoy(m): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
Yet idiots will tell you ashiwaju of corruption tilumbu won the election. See how inec is behaving.

Anyway, if you are from south east and south south and you are still in that country anything you see you take.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by nony43(m): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
INEC has been acting like a candidate in this past election.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by Angelfrost(m): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
6 Million for documentation?!!

This country is just weird abeg!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by yomalex(m): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Maybe there is nothing on ground to provide?
Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by babamadiba(m): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
6 million o ti lor! cheesy cheesy
Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by Trackster: 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
YBtracky:
He's correct
Celestine Nwankwo the serial criminal scammer to modify his Begging post later.ACcount
open today
Seun mynd44 lalasticlala
mukina2 Dominique
Oam4j Justwise nlfpmod

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by GetSenseNow: 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
This is too bad for Nigeria's nascent democracy. Some people will be enjoying this because they feel it's to their own benefit but they forget that what goes around comes around

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by Ihateheadslamer: 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
Him dey shout because of the small money wey him drop
Wealthoptulent:
NA every 4 + 4 years this one dey pay tax on his looted Fund... akidanidani waziri grin
Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by RingRoadMafia: 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by simplesearch: 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
Instead of staying neutral, INEC has been going about acting like another political party in Nigeria. What a shame!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by LUAN1: 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
You have the money na
Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by omoadeleye(m): 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
Uhm
Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by Milec: 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
Then where did PO/LP got their electoral documents
Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by tobenuel(m): 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
This country be like devil's handiwork, him go give you something with right hand, then collect am back sharp sharp with the left hand

1 Like

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by Kubin: 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2023
Inec and PDP re thesame people ,Atiku should rest naa, even his witness confirmed him and tinubu did not got 25% in Fct,na labour party, peter obi wey get case.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by Flames000(m): 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2023
When I see such post I remember the day I came back from school with my maths paper which i scored 90%, my mother asked me why I added the 0 and I said I didn't add it. She gave me some stroke but I still insisted and she was about to kill me now but I still insisted because truly I didn't add that 0, it was 9 that I added

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by Babssoo(m): 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2023
Why this atiku lawyer eyitayo jegede no win I’m own case for tribunal when he lost ondo governorship election?
Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
Babssoo:
Lolz grin no touch him wound oo
Re: Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million by alobright17(m): 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Calls Adamu Fika From London Over His Wife's Death / Reps Bury Peace Corps Bill / Peter Obi Spends Christmas With IDPs In Benue And Christians In Kogi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.