Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? (21694 Views)

Father & Daughter Banished From Nnobi, Anambra For Incest That Produced 2 Kids / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / "Some Call It Incest, We Call It Fate" - Man Who Impregnates His Sister Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by joceey(m): 12:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
This is not a very big issue.What about the pastor your cousin (the girl )confessed too ?He should be in the position now to tell the family the whole truth period.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by dawnomike(m): 12:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:
Now, members of the family have been calling my cousin to call her all sorts of name. They said if anything happens to the guy, she’ll be held responsible for it.

My question is,

How can you lie against someone, more so your own cousin without any remorse?

How come it’s after 8 years that you’re feeling guilty and depressed for what happened?

I’m not supporting my cousin; she deserves whatever castigations are coming her way. But is it okay to let this humongous character assassination slide?

The sad thing is nobody is interested in hearing her own side of the story; it’s the guy they believe because he spoke first. I believe my cousin because she told me about this issue back in December last year, before it became known to everybody. She could have easily lied that she was forced or raped just to save her reputation. But she confided in me and said it as it was… that it was her who agreed to it.

From what I know, this guy has been a failure and has disappointed his parents many times; he’s just playing some antics and isn’t depressed. He’s using this story to draw sympathy because no one in the family likes him due to his waywardness.

Someone they said was depressed was heard on the phone laughing to a skit when my cousin called one of her aunts explaining. The boy was there but didn’t know the aunt was on phone with my cousin. Also, my cousin doesn’t have the boy’s number and has not been allowed to speak to him and confront him for all the lies against her.

My cousin has a fiancé, but now her father’s people her saying she’s wicked that after destroying someone’s life, she wants to settle down. They’re asking her what will happen to the guy whose life she has destroyed? This girl hasn’t been herself for weeks now. She has been thrown under the bus, so much that her one elder brother has disowned her.

What do you guys suggest she does going forward?

My cousin and I have always been very close, and I’m like the only person in the family that understands her now, even though I condemn what she fell into years ago.

Someone is suggesting my cousin sue the boy, how’s that feasible? We’re talking about a family member here.
And one thing is certain; this boy will not be able to tell all these lies in the presence of my cousin if confronted.

If every member of the family has abandoned her, the best you can do is to stand by her all the way!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Pythagoras001: 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2023
How old was the guy and the girl when this happened? It appears To me the girl was sexually active before the guy and the guy version more plausible
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Forrkke: 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2023
DollarSigns:

There’s a reason & why I choose to respond to you
Your comment showed either you’re not educated or you have low IQ, that you quickly resorted to gender based hate opinion of the story.
If you read the post well, you would realize that the male cousin has lost it all, frustration, waywardness has caused him to devise these great lies, especially as the female cousin is not back on track with her life.

To inform you more, the female cousin may have quickly obliged just to put herself in the good books of her host, then she may have considered it a sacrifice she paid just to get herself another chance
You don’t condemn people when you can’t share in whatever the person is going through at a particular time and sometimes it’s wisdom to watch your words before spewing it, people like you make the male gender look biased and unreasonable.
This is enough moral lessons for you on a Wednesday
Please sin no more🤝

Back to OP, I suggest the female cousin tries to get a family meeting to clear herself, where you can speak on her behalf to veto her part of the story which seems very logical and reasonable.
However should family members refuse to cooperate, I suggest she uses high level Police Officers to roughen the boy till fear is instilled into him

Her softness and cries may cause her integrity which isn’t worth sacrificing.
Everyone have sinned, there’s always another chance that’s why there’s a new day each day, another chance to correct the wrongs of the previous day

Shalom👋

Thanks for this

I understand it’s difficult to believe a female in issues such as this. There’s no denying that she messed agreeing to something like that. However, the lies the boy told should not be left unaddressed

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by danthamccoy(m): 1:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
superCleanworks:

if someone accuses me of something so damaging I will not TRY TO. I will make my voice heard till the tables turn. Her silence has sold her into guilt
Honestly, you're not making sense. Make your voice loud after consensually participating in incest?
The way some of you go off on social media without putting yourself in the other person's shoes

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by superCleanworks(m): 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
danthamccoy:

Honestly, you're not making sense. Make your voice loud after consensually participating in incest?
The way some of you go off on social media without putting yourself in the other person's shoes

and you are making sense.
we both had sex is entirely different from you turning around to tell the world that I raped you and I am the cause of all your mental torments.
Please learn to read correctly and ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND before GOING OFF on the Internet without comprehending.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by DollarSigns(m): 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:

Thanks for this

I understand it’s difficult to believe a female in issues such as this. There’s no denying that she messed agreeing to something like that. However, the lies the boy told should not be left unaddressed

Uwc
To me, I believe it’s just common sense for to anyone mature
A simple question as this:
Would a teenage girl rape her age mate when she’s a guest?
The boy definitely started having urges cos they shared space together
The mother of the boy knows this truth
She’s at fault

Tbh, if I was the girl in question, since they don’t want good, I would deny consensual sex, accuse the boy of rape then join the mother as accomplice
That She knowingly and deliberately groomed her (the girl) to be raped by her son at her vulnerable state by insisting that she lives within the same space with the boy
Let the mom now swear that her son was good
Since they don’t want peace, it’s war mode turned on

I have no remorse 🥺

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Kobicove(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
Na wah.

How a person will even get an erection by looking at a close relative is beyond me undecided
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by sisisioge: 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
16yo gangster! Na wa o.

1. She managed to get pregnant doe an "elderly bf"
2. She noticed a druggie in her room for 6months but had no qualms keeping the info to herself without seeing the danger
3. She slept with her cousin without being raped but with simple conviction. One would have thought she would have learned her lesson from her early mishap.
4. Time for confession came, but she still held back until the other party ratted on her.

It is well o my brother. I do not believe your cousin at all....she sounded like one exposed to sex too early but became a predator of sort too. I wish you guys good luck.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by yemmit90: 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2023
DollarSigns:

There’s a reason & why I choose to respond to you
Your comment showed either you’re not educated or you have low IQ, that you quickly resorted to gender based hate opinion of the story.
If you read the post well, you would realize that the male cousin has lost it all, frustration, waywardness has caused him to devise these great lies, especially as the female cousin is not back on track with her life.

To inform you more, the female cousin may have quickly obliged just to put herself in the good books of her host, then she may have considered it a sacrifice she paid just to get herself another chance
You don’t condemn people when you can’t share in whatever the person is going through at a particular time and sometimes it’s wisdom to watch your words before spewing it, people like you make the male gender look biased and unreasonable.
This is enough moral lessons for you on a Wednesday
Please sin no more🤝

Back to OP, I suggest the female cousin tries to get a family meeting to clear herself, where you can speak on her behalf to veto her part of the story which seems very logical and reasonable.
However should family members refuse to cooperate, I suggest she uses high level Police Officers to roughen the boy till fear is instilled into him

Her softness and cries may cause her integrity which isn’t worth sacrificing.
Everyone have sinned, there’s always another chance that’s why there’s a new day each day, another chance to correct the wrongs of the previous day

Shalom👋

When you want to be civil and don't want to insult or abuse anyone on social medias, one useless idiot like you will just provoke hell out of you.

Initially, I thought you were the op but later knew you are not. You're a bloody idiot and hypocrites by claiming I was bias but chose to believes what his causin told him without being reasonable about the guy side. I will say it again, any consensual sex between a man and a woman cannot be forceful judge on one side. Unlike men, women determine who have sex with them, they have power to say yes or no. It is quite possible he seduce or even beg the guy to have sex with her since there is no claim of rape or assault in the story. It is common sense, that is why women are considered not capable enough to rape men in the court of law.

The question you should ask yourself is that, why did she allow the guy to have his way? Why didn't she accuse the guy of rape? Why didn't she report the case to the guy parents? Alot of these questions need to be answered before we believe that the guy was lying.
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
superCleanworks:

if someone accuses me of something so damaging I will not TRY TO. I will make my voice heard till the tables turn. Her silence has sold her into guilt

It won't be easy, bros.

What are you going to tell them?
That both of you agreed consensually to have sex?? And you're cousins!
Even if they accept, she'll still be seen as loose and irresponsible.
And with her previous case of out-of-wedlock pregnancy, it will be very difficult for anyone not to find her guilty.

She has no solid ground to stand on, as long as it's not rape.

I think you should pray not to be in her shoes.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by DollarSigns(m): 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
yemmit90:

When you want to be civil and don't want to insult or abuse anyone on social medias, one useless idiot like you will just provoke hell out of you.

Initially, I thought you were the op but later knew you are not. You're a bloody idiot and hypocrites by claiming I was bias but chose to believes what his causin told him without being reasonable about the guy side. I will say it again, any consensual sex between a man and a woman cannot be forceful judge on one side. Unlike men, women determine who have sex with them, they have power to say yes or no. It is quite possible he seduce or even beg the guy to have sex with her since there is no claim of rape or assault in the story. It is common sense, that is why women are considered not capable enough to rape men in the court of law.

The question you should ask yourself is that, why did she allow the guy to have his way? Why didn't she accuse the guy of rape? Why didn't she report the case to the guy parents? Alot of these questions need to be answered before we believe that the guy was lying.

To be honest this just confirmed your visible extremely low IQ level
anyone can see just at a first glance that I’m not the OP
furthermore your questions to ponder only further prove that you’re a local man with inferior Macho man vibes

Fly away son
I’m no longer giving you free moral lessons
Till tomorrow 🥰

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by juman(m): 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
She should trash it.
It's non issue.

Let them say.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by superCleanworks(m): 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

It won't be easy, bros.

And with her previous case of out-of-wedlock pregnancy, it will be very difficult for anyone not to find her guilty.

since it has become a game of lies. my lie would be louder and more terrible that they will spend the rest of their lives in apology. I will tell the world that he raped me and his parents turned a blind eye even when I complained. it is a matter of can lie better amd I will not stand and watch while I am being buried alive.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by nnamdiosu(m): 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
What's her own parents saying
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:

My cousin and I have always been very close, and I’m like the only person in the family that understands her now, even though I condemn what she fell into years ago Someone is suggesting my cousin sue the boy, how’s that feasible? We’re talking about a family member here. And one thing is certain; this boy will not be able to tell all these lies in the presence of my cousin if confronted
At this point what you can do is find a way to expose the boy for the liar that he is.

● Maybe making a lengthy video of him enjoying activities that depressed individuals would otherwise not be able to would be a good way to start.
● Have your cousin narrate her side of what happened and her reason-- emotional state at that age and all
● Top it off with interviews with those who are aware of his old girlfriends and hookups
● Don't forget to mention the boy's drug habits and dealers

Get the whole family to watch the video and then watch them all change from there. Saving your cousin's reputation is possible since what she did, at age 16-- while still a minor herself -- isn't criminal. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by 1Sharon(f): 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
Interesting. A man makes the accusation of being raped and people believe it.

A woman does the same and she's called a liar.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Forrkke: 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

It won't be easy, bros.

As female, she'd surely be deeemed irresponsible; We agree.

However, going to the length of saying she forced it is total damnation. She shouldn't let that slide
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Kobojunkie: 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
ghettochild:
Physical confrontation shd do it... He shd look her eye to eye n see the accusing words again. And the pastor she opened up to.. shd be located as a witness...I wish her the best....
Confront a druggie? undecided
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Kobojunkie: 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
amnesty7:
So naive or even stupid to have two grown ups in the same room and expect nothing to happen.
She was 16 at the time. undecided
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
Mrsoft3:
■ the story is one kind. so i sensed the lady is guilty because she agreed to do it. the boy is being tormented by a spirit no doubt, but this story should be solved by the pastor who prayed for her.
■ and you as the op who knew how the whole thing went should stand as a witness to her claim. this story you told us here now would have started something in the family. find your family whatsapp group and share all this
1. The 16-year old gal was culpable while your excuse for the body is he is tormented by a spirit? Do you folks here yourselves speak abeg? undecided

2. If all the family reason as you do, which I suspect, it will take more than one voice of reason to convince them of anything. undecided
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
WantsandMore:
■ Why can't the Elders in the Family setup a meeting & hear from both sides before apportioning blames & means to cleanse both of them of this despicable acts?
No be the "elders" OP talk say damn the girl so? undecided
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by WantsandMore: 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
No be the "elders" OP talk say damn the girl so? undecided
make person call their attention na.
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Cloudflare: 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:

He’s a cousin to my cousin.

He’s the son of her dad’s younger sister.

My cousin’s mother is my own aunt

In conclusion your cousin slept with her male cousin, abi? I don't even understand your write up, who then got the girl pregnant before?
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Cloudflare: 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
WantsandMore:
make person call their attention na.

Dude you better avoid that guy for your complete sanity. Except you're ready for irrelevant silly arguement. That's exactly how that boy behaves on nairaland. He goes around displaying his stupidity everywhere thinking he's smart. Ignore the Werey and starve him of the attention he seeks
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
babythug:
What has happened has happened! If you /the female cousin carry on your business without giving the family further attention on the matter, things will die a natural death. Is The male cousin demanding for compensation or what does he want now? An apology? Pay them no mind and carry on with life
Something tells me the embittered parents or the boy who may be dead set on passing their son's failings onto someone else would not let this die so easily. Also, what happened is unjust and needs to be resolved for this lady to be able to move past her past and live without the shackles of her past mistake. undecided
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
younig59:
■ if the girl is sure that she is not guilty, she should tell them they should look for traditionalist or go and get one so both of them will take oath, if they dnt allow that to happen she should threaten them all that she is going to commit suicid since it seems they dnt want her alive..the magic will happen. Though some people av a very strong mind to the extent they can do anything to cover lies so in that situation she should be ready to disown her family too, maybe in future when the truth finally show they will start looking for her...
No be everyone dey fear traditional stuff abeg! They need to pursue more practical by finding evidence against the boy's claims. undecided
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Cloudflare: 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:

What are saying?

Can you communicate in the way of humans?

Oga your story no clear! Who impregnated her before she was sent to live with her aunt in their hometown? Was it the male cousin or someone else? Because I don't understand your write up!!!!!

Who got her pregnant?
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by NoToPile: 3:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
1Sharon:
Interesting. A man makes the accusation of being raped and people believe it.

A woman does the same and she's called a liar.

I was waiting for someone to say this.

And he's making the accusation about 7 years later, let a lady do the same....... Grammer will start.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Microwhy: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
RoadMozart:

Ahh the road is far na. And I don't see a case of incest there. Just a little family issue
Don't mind him.. what is incest there.. mtswwwww.
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Blakjewelry(m): 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
Forrkke:
Now, members of the family have been calling my cousin to call her all sorts of name. They said if anything happens to the guy, she’ll be held responsible for it.

My question is,

How can you lie against someone, more so your own cousin without any remorse?

How come it’s after 8 years that you’re feeling guilty and depressed for what happened?

I’m not supporting my cousin; she deserves whatever castigations are coming her way. But is it okay to let this humongous character assassination slide?

The sad thing is nobody is interested in hearing her own side of the story; it’s the guy they believe because he spoke first. I believe my cousin because she told me about this issue back in December last year, before it became known to everybody. She could have easily lied that she was forced or raped just to save her reputation. But she confided in me and said it as it was… that it was her who agreed to it.

From what I know, this guy has been a failure and has disappointed his parents many times; he’s just playing some antics and isn’t depressed. He’s using this story to draw sympathy because no one in the family likes him due to his waywardness.

Someone they said was depressed was heard on the phone laughing to a skit when my cousin called one of her aunts explaining. The boy was there but didn’t know the aunt was on phone with my cousin. Also, my cousin doesn’t have the boy’s number and has not been allowed to speak to him and confront him for all the lies against her.

My cousin has a fiancé, but now her father’s people her saying she’s wicked that after destroying someone’s life, she wants to settle down. They’re asking her what will happen to the guy whose life she has destroyed? This girl hasn’t been herself for weeks now. She has been thrown under the bus, so much that her one elder brother has disowned her.

My cousin and I have always been very close, and I’m like the only person in the family that understands her now, even though I condemn what she fell into years ago.

Someone is suggesting my cousin sue the boy, how’s that feasible? We’re talking about a family member here.
And one thing is certain; this boy will not be able to tell all these lies in the presence of my cousin if confronted.

Its a simple matter na, just involve the pastor she confessed to since he can testify that she did confess a long time ago that will clear the air.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When He Says I Don't Owe You Happiness. Will You Still Remain In The Marriage? / Man Spits On His Wife After Chasing Wife & Children Away In Rivers State / The Story Of Madam Koi Koi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.