Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,850 members, 7,956,189 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:22 AM

Is Nairaland Slowly Dying? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Nairaland Slowly Dying? (766 Views)

IS NAIRALAND A NO MAN'S SITE?? / Is Nairaland Now Losing Members?? / Is Nairaland A Clique? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland Slowly Dying? by mrinfo(m): 5:35pm On Sep 30, 2011
Before Now Nairaland was the most popular and trafficked site in Nigeria owned by a Nigerian (Seun) according to alexa. However over the past few months things have changed, Nairaland has lost its grip and is now trailing Vanguard News website. Though alexa ranking is largely incorrect, any frequent Nairaland user would know the site is no longer as before in terms of volume of interaction and comments.

What is the cause?

http://nairabrains.com/2011/09/is-nairaland-com-gradually-dying/
Re: Is Nairaland Slowly Dying? by Iphone2011: 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2011
Re: Is Nairaland Slowly Dying? by yamakuza: 5:49pm On Sep 30, 2011
chei! Una wicked o!

No, change is constant.

NL is merely evolving.

Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.
- Seun
Re: Is Nairaland Slowly Dying? by mrinfo(m): 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2011
It's merely a call to Nairaland to evolve. In the online space innovation and dynamism is the way to go. I feel that many things are going to keep cutting away Nairaland's market and audience if it doesn't go pro-active.
Re: Is Nairaland Slowly Dying? by denzel2009: 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2011
Do you know why Facebook is still a force to reckon with? The guy implement changes every now and then, introduces new security features regularly, changes the way pictures are rendered and improvement on the user interface. But our Nairaland has been the same since 2005 with nonentities with multiple ids arguing with themselves.
Re: Is Nairaland Slowly Dying? by DualCore1: 7:12pm On Sep 30, 2011
Yes, sadly.
Shouldn't surprised any informed person.
Re: Is Nairaland Slowly Dying? by yamakuza: 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2011
So, r y'all saying u want a more social NL?

So, what happens when Social Networks are no more in fashion?

Methinks NL has carved a unique niche for itself. It just needs to attract the right players.

I could be wrong though.
Re: Is Nairaland Slowly Dying? by yamakuza: 7:29pm On Sep 30, 2011
One more thing, [s]"na we own" entities (nitel, phcn, nigeria airways)[/s] sites like NL dont "dying". They die, become extinct or irrelevant overnight, when whatever will kill them rears its ugly head.

I dont see that happening in this niche this generation, save for a natural disaster, total data loss or the unmentionable.
Re: Is Nairaland Slowly Dying? by velo10: 9:45am On Oct 01, 2011
denzel2009:

Do you know why Facebook is still a force to reckon with? The guy implement changes every now and then, introduces new security features regularly, changes the way pictures are rendered and improvement on the user interface. But our Nairaland has been the same since 2005 with nonentities with multiple ids arguing with themselves.

Right on point. But right now I am not seeing any willing competitors worthy of its crown

(1) (Reply)

Your Sparkling Ways To Glitter Christmas / Fake Forum Comments Are 'eroding' Trust In The Web / Breaking News!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.