Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Mercy Chinwo Should Take Easy On Her Quest For Money - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mercy Chinwo Should Take Easy On Her Quest For Money (600 Views)

Mercy Chinwo's Case Might Just Be Like That Of Simi. / My Wife Still Asks Her Ex For Money / My Friend's Wife Keeps Disturbing Me For Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Chinwo Should Take Easy On Her Quest For Money by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 09, 2023
If truly, Mercy Chinwo collects 10 million naira for a maximum of 3 hours of music ministry, then the only difference between her and American rapper and gangster Lil Wayne is Tatoo. And maybe her husband should even take her to the Iya Gboka Organic Tatoo Center in Akure so that the finishing rites can be completed.

Collecting such a huge amount of money from where you started (the church) is definitely unethical, depicts a high level of greed, and is the perfect semblance of "chewing the hands that fed you. This reminds me of the case of EX-VP Prof. Yemi Osibanjo, who tried chewing the hands of Tinubu, who fed him and brought him to the limelight by contesting against him in the APC’s presidential primary elections. Of course, we all know how it ended. He failed woefully. Mercy should be careful so the same thing doesn’t happen to her and so God's grace doesn’t depart from her life and ministry.

It was from the church that she built up this career, and now that she is made, she is supposed to be giving back and not taking from the same church. It was from the church that God uplifted and announced her to the world, and she is supposed to be an upliftment to the church and not a downliftment to the church finances. It was from the same church that God blessed her with a husband and a family, so she is supposed to see the church of God as her family and treat it as one.

If indeed she collected such an outrageous amount of money for ministry, then that would further make me doubt the genuineness of her repentance and Christianity. Actually, I have had doubts about how true Mercy Chinwo’s ministry is ever since she began.

First, as we know, Mercy Chinwo switched from secular to gospel music. And I’m sorry to say, but I don’t trust such people. That’s why I’m yet to come to terms with Chidinma, who, after frolicking with several male artists in the secular music industry, woke up one morning to tell us that she was called to serve in God’s vineyard. Maybe I'll come to accept it one day, but for now, Chidinma is still on probation for me.

Just like Chidinma, Mercy Chinwo’s switch doesn’t seem like God’s call to me either. She probably weighed her chances of making it in the secular music industry, discovered how slim they were, and decided to jump on a simpler train. And this, of course, was money-motivated.

Secondly, her recent departure from Eezee Concepts was also money-motivated. Mercy probably wanted an outrageous rise in her compensation percentage, which, when refuted by the label’s executives, prompted her departure from the label. Recall that this was the same label that gave Mercy the platform she enjoys currently. Without Eezee Global Record Label, Mercy would have probably given up on her dreams and career and begun hawking mosquito coils around all the Eleme Junctions, but see what she rewarded the label with.

Some months ago, she broke a record for the highest amount sued against an individual in Nigeria, which further proves how in love with money she is. Mercy, a gospel artist who is supposed to be Christ-like, filed a $2 billion lawsuit against an upcoming Surulere artist who left home to feed her family just because he made defamatory statements about her in his song’s lyrics.

I’m not saying the upcoming artist was right. But guys, $2 billion? Even Tonto Dikeh didn’t sue Kpokpogri, her ex-husband, for so much.

And now this recent topic of her charging outrageous amounts for ministrations!

Ah! Mercy Chinwo should please take it easy on her quest for money.

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Should Take Easy On Her Quest For Money by Ishilove: 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2023
Your own na to siddon dey condemn everybody

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Should Take Easy On Her Quest For Money by LikeAking: 8:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
Baba, secular musicians earn much, much higher with less work..

She will be performing live, no miming here..

The money is worth it, don't also forget naira has lost its value. 10 mill is like $15k...

Think am.

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Should Take Easy On Her Quest For Money by LikeAking: 8:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
Ebus12:
If truly, Mercy Chinwo collects 10 million naira for a maximum of 3 hours of music ministry, then the only difference between her and American rapper and gangster Lil Wayne is Tatoo. And maybe her husband should even take her to the Iya Gboka Organic Tatoo Center in Akure so that the finishing rites can be completed.

Collecting such a huge amount of money from where you started (the church) is definitely unethical, depicts a high level of greed, and is the perfect semblance of "chewing the hands that fed you. This reminds me of the case of EX-VP Prof. Yemi Osibanjo, who tried chewing the hands of Tinubu, who fed him and brought him to the limelight by contesting against him in the APC’s presidential primary elections. Of course, we all know how it ended. He failed woefully. Mercy should be careful so the same thing doesn’t happen to her and so God's grace doesn’t depart from her life and ministry.

It was from the church that she built up this career, and now that she is made, she is supposed to be giving back and not taking from the same church. It was from the church that God uplifted and announced her to the world, and she is supposed to be an upliftment to the church and not a downliftment to the church finances. It was from the same church that God blessed her with a husband and a family, so she is supposed to see the church of God as her family and treat it as one.

If indeed she collected such an outrageous amount of money for ministry, then that would further make me doubt the genuineness of her repentance and Christianity. Actually, I have had doubts about how true Mercy Chinwo’s ministry is ever since she began.

First, as we know, Mercy Chinwo switched from secular to gospel music. And I’m sorry to say, but I don’t trust such people. That’s why I’m yet to come to terms with Chidinma, who, after frolicking with several male artists in the secular music industry, woke up one morning to tell us that she was called to serve in God’s vineyard. Maybe I'll come to accept it one day, but for now, Chidinma is still on probation for me.

Just like Chidinma, Mercy Chinwo’s switch doesn’t seem like God’s call to me either. She probably weighed her chances of making it in the secular music industry, discovered how slim they were, and decided to jump on a simpler train. And this, of course, was money-motivated.

Secondly, her recent departure from Eezee Concepts was also money-motivated. Mercy probably wanted an outrageous rise in her compensation percentage, which, when refuted by the label’s executives, prompted her departure from the label. Recall that this was the same label that gave Mercy the platform she enjoys currently. Without Eezee Global Record Label, Mercy would have probably given up on her dreams and career and begun hawking mosquito coils around all the Eleme Junctions, but see what she rewarded the label with.

Some months ago, she broke a record for the highest amount sued against an individual in Nigeria, which further proves how in love with money she is. Mercy, a gospel artist who is supposed to be Christ-like, filed a $2 billion lawsuit against an upcoming Surulere artist who left home to feed her family just because he made defamatory statements about her in his song’s lyrics.

I’m not saying the upcoming artist was right. But guys, $2 billion? Even Tonto Dikeh didn’t sue Kpokpogri, her ex-husband, for so much.

And now this recent topic of her charging outrageous amounts for ministrations!

Ah! Mercy Chinwo should please take it easy on her quest for money.

10 mili, 10 million for a show.

That's how stars do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Should Take Easy On Her Quest For Money by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 09, 2023
LikeAking:

10 mili, 10 million for a show.

That's how stars do.

You are quoting Skibbi's line for a gospel artiste?
Re: Mercy Chinwo Should Take Easy On Her Quest For Money by Belafonte(m): 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
Werey see epistle wey you write ontop another person matter wey you no know weda na true or lies. Dey play. Time dey go

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Should Take Easy On Her Quest For Money by brain54(m): 11:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
Okay…

Like how much she suppose Dey charge?

#2?

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Should Take Easy On Her Quest For Money by talented321: 1:12am On Jun 10, 2023
Ishilove:
Your own na to siddon dey condemn everybody
your own now is to sit down and comment under him
Re: Mercy Chinwo Should Take Easy On Her Quest For Money by talented321: 1:15am On Jun 10, 2023
brain54:
Okay…

Like how much she suppose Dey charge?

#2?
As a good christian way she be 300k minus transport and feeding afterall jesus do it for free

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Should Take Easy On Her Quest For Money by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2023
She has always been desperate for money,married for material things she doesn't care to know how the man makes money,whether clean or fraud. angry
Re: Mercy Chinwo Should Take Easy On Her Quest For Money by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:33pm On Jun 10, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
She has always been desperate for money,married for material things she doesn't care to know how the man makes money,whether clean or fraud. angry
THESE ARE QUESTION SOME CHRISTIANS DONT WORRY ABOUT AGAIN angry

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest Holiday Package Abroad / How Do You Know Your Dad Has Money? / Emmigration Dilemma; What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.