Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience (29267 Views)

If You’re An Uber Driver Share Ur Experience Here / Why Do We Regard Tokunbo Cars As New Cars In Nigeria? It's An Insult. / Is It Possible To Buy Car Abroad Via Online Like How We Buy Phone And Rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by reagand200(m): 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2023
It depends.
If you order from Mr Jay, my boss cum partner, definitely you are guaranteed.

We deal only in CLEAN but affordable cars.
Mostly high end luxury cars.
Notable amongst our satisfied and ELITE clients includes DAVIDO, ENIOLA BADMUS, JAYWON and a host of others.

You may check his (VERIFIED) Instagram handle to open discussion.

IG :. m_jautos

Reference : His Nigerian Agent : DARAMOLA.

A trial would make you refer others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by kaysy(m): 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2023
Am a clearing agent based in Tincan Island Port, Lagos. Am based on RORO vehicle clearing, if anyone here needs clearing agent services am available to help clear your vehicle.

I also help clients to bid, buy and ship vehicles from Copart.com the biggest USA vehicle auction website. I partner Only with Copart USA.

If you need any car, go to www.copart.com search for your preferred car, send me the lot number then we'll continue from there.

Your own is to select the car, my own is to buy it, ship it and clear it for you.

If you want to know me down down down to my house, you're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 9:14pm On Jun 11, 2023
Chartered that will tell you to register with some amount of dollars.
trespas:
Yes I have bought n it was really worth while no regrets. What I saw online d milage and stats were same upon arrival however there are stages especially for new intending persons. I used corpat to which if u wish to bid urself u need to register but can get a licensed person to bid on ur behalf or buy b4 f auction while u monitor, then make payment which include cost of d car + defined charges including movement to port of choice n shipment. Shipping to Lagos depends on cargo available but voyage does not exceed 21 days. Then get ur local agent to do custom processing prior to arrival so u take possession within 4 to 5 days of arrival if it's salvaged u proceed to replace damaged parts n ur good to go.

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Honsla: 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2023
I used auctionexport to order a car in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Rescuemania(m): 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2023
It depends on the year and the model of the vehicle you want to clear... For instance 2005 2007 Toyota Camry goes for ₦1,100,000.
2005 2007 Toyota corolla-₦950,000
2007 2008 Lexus RX350-₦2,050,000
For more information
Whatsapp number-08106001579
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by McLizbae: 10:00pm On Jun 11, 2023
Very risky, unreliable and expensive venture!
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by jaxxy(m): 10:32pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nwanna2588:
I have read about cars being ordered here in Nigeria with part payment and it worked. How true is it. Please share your experience.

it's called preorder and yes most do part payment and some just require a proof of funds or a small financial commitment. it varies.

However the most important thing is a verified and also honest dealer/importer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by MozartBethoven: 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2023
Yes, some years ago l did. I registered with one company like that, they are into general sales, ranging from cars to phones to house hold utensils to electronics. But u must have who will clear it at port. Bought Rav 4 for my assistant director's wife. Got the car for cheap, total amount from US to 9ja about 1. something.

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Hotguy27: 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nwanna2588:
I have read about cars being ordered here in Nigeria with part payment and it worked. How true is it. Please share your experience.

I ordered for a car from US in 2015 and it was delivered within 4months. I used the car for 7 years and sold it more than how much I bought it.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by OmoNla99: 11:43pm On Jun 11, 2023
One thing I know for sure is that most Nigerians that deals in used cars from abroad wants profits. I read here where some said you should go deals in Nigeria because they are cheaper. Yes, they would be cheaper because this cars were either found at auctions ( where it is a car involved in accident or one that has got other problems) that can be fixed in Nigeria at a cheaper rate. If you want to buy a car at a car stand in Nigeria, get the car VIN from its dashboard and run a VIN check on the car to know it’s last condition before it was shipped. If you see any sincere dealer he/she will show you the car found and work you through to get to Naija. You pay for for the car at auction price, pay taxes and buyers fee, pay tow truck to port, pay for shipping and clearing in Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by XAUBulls: 1:02am On Jun 12, 2023
Skyview01:
I wouldn't ship a car from abroad. Rather buy in Nigeria. Clearing cost and lots of other prohibitive factors.

My wife shipped a car last year to Nigeria to her mom and it ended up more expensive than if bought in Naija.
Indeed... Shipping and clearing costs are higher as of now depending on the vehicle make, model and year of manufacture.
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Nobody: 1:25am On Jun 12, 2023
XAUBulls:

Indeed... Shipping and clearing costs are higher as of now depending on the vehicle make, model and year of manufacture.

The shipping agent added on more charges that was not agreed upon when the car landed in the port.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by XAUBulls: 2:06am On Jun 12, 2023
Skyview01:

The shipping agent added on more charges that was not agreed upon when the car landed in the port.
Due diligence and getting second or third opinions is the key to avoiding these kinds of added charges tbh.

For any subsequent new or pre-owned car pre-orders, there's an Ikeja, Lagos-based shipping agent that I have seen here on NL with some positive appraisals from clients that have had cars delivered to their doorsteps from the U.S., Dubai, Europe, etc. You can check the NL profile of @gimporters for more due diligence.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Smartguyboy(m): 2:36am On Jun 12, 2023
Rescuemania:
It depends on the year and the model of the vehicle you want to clear... For instance 2005 2007 Toyota Camry goes for ₦1,100,000.
For more information
Thanks.

Avalon 2014 is how much?

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by aeu1: 2:46am On Jun 12, 2023
Nannyservices:

Lagos is my Location

Not from the bonnet either...
Once it rains,inside of the car is very dry but once I remove the footmat everywhere is soaked...
From my experience, the problem should be from Air conditioning system. There is a blockage in the exhaust pipe under the dashboard that denies the the drained water exit thus the recirculation under your footmat.
Most technicians don't know this. If you are in Lagos - I can give the contact of my friend - to link you with the panel beater that resolved his - If you still cannot get someone knowledgeable to do it.
PM me.
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Nobody: 2:55am On Jun 12, 2023
XAUBulls:

Due diligence and getting second or third opinions is the key to avoiding these kinds of added charges tbh.

For any subsequent new or pre-owned car pre-orders, there's an Ikeja, Lagos-based shipping agent that I have seen here on NL with some positive appraisals from clients that have had cars delivered to their doorsteps from the U.S., Dubai, Europe, etc. You can check the NL profile of @gimporters for more due diligence.

All the best.

Thanks for the info, i will give a try

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by XAUBulls: 2:57am On Jun 12, 2023
Skyview01:

Thanks for the info, i will give a try
You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Africanpride123(m): 6:14am On Jun 12, 2023
Yes. Three times im the last three years and they all came in perfect. I have one of them i want to sell now, 2009 Corolla, used for a year. Its in perfect condition, still like mint.
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Mohisah: 6:14am On Jun 12, 2023
Part payment from your relatives or closed friend in abroad is acceptable. From a Company to you, is a no go area. You can order your car swiftly from abroad, through a family friend in Atlanta or somewhere else. I prefer cars from Europe to Cotonou, because of engine n maintenance. The car my bro bought since 2019 is yet to be faulty, except regular maintenances, engine never touched.
Note** After buying it, pls change the tires, brake pads/shoes, check your alignment.. May u hv di complete funds to buy it.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Rescuemania(m): 6:20am On Jun 12, 2023
@smartguyboy the clearing price for the 2014 Toyota Avalon is ₦1,700,000.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Nwanna2588: 6:48am On Jun 12, 2023
How much?
Africanpride123:
Yes. Three times im the last three years and they all came in perfect. I have one of them i want to sell now, 2009 Corolla, used for a year. Its in perfect condition, still like mint.
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Nwanna2588: 6:51am On Jun 12, 2023
Rescuemania:
For more information
Thanks.
This is where the problem lies
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by cyborg123(m): 7:39am On Jun 12, 2023
Nannyservices:

Lagos is my Location

Not from the bonnet either...
Once it rains,inside of the car is very dry but once I remove the footmat everywhere is soaked...
Are you sure it's related to rain? Hope your radiator coolant doesn't go low?
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by pek(m): 7:49am On Jun 12, 2023
Parrot173:
I think it's the most easiest thing to do these day's just that you should do your assessment before finalising the payment, check their website, there address on map because most foreign car dealers have a visible location on map and also some reviews from buyer. And you can request a video call just to be sure the car is real or picture's also.
I personally have bought 5 truck from last year to date mostly from Europe though
Best of luck
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Elbizzcklinz(m): 8:12am On Jun 12, 2023
It works, that's what we do at Carmedis
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Elbizzcklinz(m): 8:14am On Jun 12, 2023
Kobicove:
As far as I'm concerned ordering a regular or common brand of car from abroad is just unnecessary stress. undecided

Look for the type of car you want in Nigeria and buy it here...just be extra careful not to buy a stolen or flood car

It's not true.

If you intend to buy a tokunbo car in Nigeria. I'll advise you to buy from USA.

If a 2015 acura mdx is sold 14m in a car stand.

You would spend a total of 10m to get the car from USA to Nigeria including clearing.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by bahaushe1: 9:17am On Jun 12, 2023
Yes I did. Through a dealer here on nairaland. No issues, still enjoying it.

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Waper2(m): 9:32am On Jun 12, 2023
Yes it's true, the car I'm using now is ordered from an auction site in the US and it was delivered to my house, everything on my android phone 🤳.
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Nwanna2588: 10:11am On Jun 12, 2023
Waper2:
Yes it's true, the car I'm using now is ordered from an auction site in the US and it was delivered to my house, everything on my android phone 🤳.
Nice one! Please let's chat
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by GloriousGbola: 11:46am On Jun 12, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

I probably will never do it again unless customs change their evil way.

I shipped my GL450 in December 2021. The estimated clearing was N1.8M. It was delayed due to Covid19.

When it finally got here in June 2022 clearing was 4.2M.

I could have bought similar truck here for about that much.

I am sorry about for your experience. I needed to buy the missus a car and this was what I was scared about. I would have gotten a car in excellent condition if I had shipped, but I ultimately opted to find one that was immediately available because I was afraid of something like this

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by EgunMogaji2: 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2023
GloriousGbola:

I am sorry about for your experience. I needed to buy the missus a car and this was what I was scared about. I would have gotten a car in excellent condition if I had shipped, but I ultimately opted to find one that was immediately available because I was afraid of something like this

I saw lots of abandoned vehicles at the ports from inability to pay. I had lots of personal effects in the market and was one of the motivating factors to go through with the cheating. I’m still not happy about it sha.

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Sex4free: 8:37pm On Jun 12, 2023
Which site did you use

I ordered a Car online myself from USA and paid directly (full payment) to the website and it worked. I didn't need to do any part payment to anyone in Naija.

The vehicle was shipped directly by the website and I only needed to look for an agent to clear it in Nigeria when it arrived

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

These Brabus 800 And 900 Are The Baddest Saloon Cars At The Geneva Auto Fair / See The Rare Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion Which Sells For N2.5billion / Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.