Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,558 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience (29271 Views)

If You’re An Uber Driver Share Ur Experience Here / Why Do We Regard Tokunbo Cars As New Cars In Nigeria? It's An Insult. / Is It Possible To Buy Car Abroad Via Online Like How We Buy Phone And Rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by wisestman(m): 7:46am On Jun 13, 2023
Nannyservices:

The mechanic I took it to said the windshield has not been been replaced before, he poured more than a gallon of water on it to prove to me and I confirmed the issue isn't from the shield.
The panel beater I got now, declogged the pipes two days ago again immediately it rained today the problem sufficed.
wow, do u swim water on the road when it rains or your car is static and then you find water inside? if it's when u swim water that it occurs, that means there is a hole underneath the car, if it's static and you still find water even after declogging the pipes, then I still suspect that windshield. you may have to sit in the car when it's raining to observe the actual thing. Lastly, check if your AC water is leaking outside properly and not inside. you can check this yourself by checking if it's dripping from underneath the car while ON. maybe the hose got loose from the inside.
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by ojeysky(m): 6:15pm On Jun 13, 2023
Elbizzcklinz:

It's not true.

If you intend to buy a tokunbo car in Nigeria. I'll advise you to buy from USA.

If a 2015 acura mdx is sold 14m in a car stand.

You would spend a total of 10m to get the car from USA to Nigeria including clearing.

Perhaps excluding fixing...I have a 2016 MDX enroute if he cares to buy and fix himself he can bring the 10m grin
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Elbizzcklinz(m): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2023
ojeysky:

Perhaps excluding fixing...I have a 2016 MDX enroute if he cares to buy and fix himself he can bring the 10m grin

What's the condition?
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by ojeysky(m): 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
Elbizzcklinz:

What's the condition?

Require front fixing it's run and drive Airbags intact. Reach me on whatsapp or call for more details. Number in my signature
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Elbizzcklinz(m): 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2023
ojeysky:

Require front fixing it's run and drive Airbags intact. Each me on whatsapp or call for more details. Number in my signature
I already have 015 from USA.

REALLY A NICE CAR TO DRIVE
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by ojeysky(m): 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
Elbizzcklinz:

I already have 015 from USA.

REALLY A NICE CAR TO DRIVE

My 016 is from USA as well and yes indeed it's a nice car...

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by reagand200(m): 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2023
June/July order ready and shipped to 🇳🇬

Try Mr Jayone
IG : m_jautos

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Nwanna2588: 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2023
Still trying different methods to save cost. These important questions loom in my mind:
1. Buying a car from Cotonou now the border is opened, does it save cost?
2. Ordering a car abroad and using the Benin Republic seaport, does it save cost before driving it back to Nigeria?

Reply if you have an idea
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by 9icetoo(m): 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
Elbizzcklinz:

It's not true.

If you intend to buy a tokunbo car in Nigeria. I'll advise you to buy from USA.

If a 2015 acura mdx is sold 14m in a car stand.

You would spend a total of 10m to get the car from USA to Nigeria including clearing.

wink
Dey play. Just dey play. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by ifoliobis: 11:17am On Jun 28, 2023
Buying from America will definitely save u some cost. Car dealers are businessmen who want to make money. They invest their funds for say 2-3months for the cycle of one car and definitely will need value for money invested. moreso, you can import it yourself and save money.

Also, minor accident cars are not bad cars e.g bumper, fender, boot except when badly damaged. if u buy the car and get similar accident here in Nigeria, u won't throw it away.

I can help u bid, ship and clear (or u give a trusted person to clear). Accidented or Clean tittle vehicles. We both follow through the process and all fees and payments are transparent.

U can reach me on 08103945938
Victory Estate, Off Ago Palace way Okota.
IG: @naijaautosolutions
FB: Brijeo Autos
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Inception(m): 4:12pm On Jun 28, 2023
9icetoo:

wink
Dey play. Just dey play. cheesy

Actually he is not lying. You can get reasonable deals... But would most likely be accidented. However even with fixing it may still be cheaper by at least 2.5 million.

Last month, a friend got and cleared an accidented 2016 accord via copart . Damage was not bad ( the 2 front and rear right passenger doors replaced), everything cost him 8million including fixing. That same car was priced not less than 10 million at car stands in Lagos
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by melviniyke2002(m): 12:48am On Jun 29, 2023
emnite:
Ik motors is a sure plug doesn't sell accidented cars only clean titles
lol no dealer where no dey sell accidented car...bros leave dat tin....we knw as e dey be.....

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Bizzyliss(m): 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Nwanna2588:
Still trying different methods to save cost. These important questions loom in my mind:
1. Buying a car from Cotonou now the border is opened, does it save cost?
2. Ordering a car abroad and using the Benin Republic seaport, does it save cost before driving it back to Nigeria?

Reply if you have an idea
u will pay money when it lands in cotonou and still pay money for duty in Nigeria too so what’s d need shipping tru cotonou

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by 9icetoo(m): 6:32am On Jul 07, 2023
Inception:

Actually he is not lying. You can get reasonable deals... But would most likely be accidented. However even with fixing it may still be cheaper by at least 2.5 million.

Last month, a friend got and cleared an accidented 2016 accord via copart . Damage was not bad ( the 2 front and rear right passenger doors replaced), everything cost him 8million including fixing. That same car was priced not less than 10 million at car stands in Lagos
I doubt the 2016 accord costs N10m. Also remember, there are trims.
Your friend maybe was also lucky.
Modified*. I just checked and saw prices ranging from 8.5m to 12m on Jiji. Remember these are asking prices. So in reality, sale price might be around 7.5m to 9m.

So your friend bought at the typical cost of a dealer. No serious savings there. And that is what I always tell people. You might not get to save so much but you will be sure of the history of what you are buying.

Same people who buy accidented cars on their own for their own use turn their noses up at accidented cars on car stands.

They want clean title but don't want to pay for clean title.
cheesy

Buying yourself is sometimes worth it but you have to be patient and be ready to pay above car stand prices sometimes so that you can get what you like.

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by ojeysky(m): 11:36am On Dec 21, 2023
Elbizzcklinz:

What's the condition?

Fixed and available for sale

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Rare Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion Which Sells For N2.5billion / Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? / How Much Mileage Is Too Much Mileage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.