Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Meditation - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meditation (7697 Views)

Insights Into My Meditation - Podcasts By Moyosore Ola-oludiya / Prayers & Meditation: Big Advantage Religious Folks Have Over Atheists / Meditation on The Omnipresence Of The Christ Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2023
Laziness is the major cause of failure.Infact,laziness is the only cause of failure.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 6:07pm On Jul 05, 2023
I don't wait for things to happen..I cause things to happen..
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2023
Focus on a chakra 24/7..Focus on an object 24/7..never quit!
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2023
As a monk you have a responsibility to meditate many hours a day. Not just to sit there but to think of the ten thousand radiances.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:48pm On Jul 05, 2023
You need the best 100 or so models from microeconomics, physiology, psychology particularly, elementary mathematics, hard science and engineering … All you’ve got to do is take the really big ideas and learn them early and well.
Eighty or ninety important models will carry about ninety percent of the freight in making you a worldly-wise person. And, of those, only a mere handful really carry very heavy freight.- Charles munger
Re: Meditation by exotique1fy(f): 11:31pm On Jul 05, 2023
I have a lot of questions. Here are a few...

What is the difference between meditation, mindfulness and contemplation?

In practical terms, how do you know which is which? As in, if you sit down quietly and close your eyes, what should you do to meditate? To contemplate? To be mindful?

Are they just different words for the same thing? Or different ways of understanding the same thing?

What is the role of mantras and charged words? Which type of practice is facilitated by the use of mantras/charged words? Are they good, bad or something to use with caution and proper guidance?

Does sitting position matter? Do you really need to close your eyes (especially when you are alone in a room)?

What about breathing exercises?

Like I said earlier, have a lot of questions, let me stop here for now.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:05am On Jul 06, 2023
Focus on your crown chakra..
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:07am On Jul 06, 2023
exotique1fy:

In practical terms, how do you know which is which? As in, if you sit down quietly and close your eyes, what should you do to meditate? To contemplate? To be mindful?

Are they just different words for the same thing? Or different ways of understanding the same thing?

What is the role of mantras and charged words? Which type of practice is facilitated by the use of mantras/charged words? Are they good, bad or something to use with caution and proper guidance?

Does sitting position matter? Do you really need to close your eyes (especially when you are alone in a room)?

Pls read all my posts..
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:14am On Jul 06, 2023
Balance your chakras..
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:50am On Jul 06, 2023
Great opportunity comes once in a blue moon..
Re: Meditation by exotique1fy(f): 7:52am On Jul 06, 2023
Meditation01:

Pls read all my posts..

Your response was pretty anticlimactic undecided
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:56am On Jul 06, 2023
exotique1fy:

Your response was pretty anticlimactic undecided

Ok..I'm sorry🙏
Re: Meditation by exotique1fy(f): 9:09am On Jul 06, 2023
Meditation01:

Ok..I'm sorry🙏

Just went through your posts. I noticed that you are a Buddhist. You believe Aum is the most powerful mantra. You encourage focus on Chakras during meditation. You are not expressing your personal experiences and most importantly, not all my questions were answered in your previous most (especially the first question I asked). You gave some useful tips though.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2023
exotique1fy:

Meditation is mind perceiving itself as mind,without qualities.That's perfect meditation.It's simply perfect mind.Meditation is not an action.It isn't something that you go and do.Rather,what it is,is just mind in it's perfect state,without qualities,without confusion.You don't have to go and meditate.That is mind.Mind is meditation.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2023
exotique1fy:

In Tantric Buddhism we learn to meditate in two ways. First we learn how to sit and focus on our chakras and stop our thoughts. Then, when the mind is empty, we can travel into the astral dimensions, the causal dimensions, or if we are very advanced in the practice of meditation, we can merge our minds with nirvana itself. The second way we learn to meditate in Tantric Buddhism is by practicing mindfulness.Mindfulness is the practice of doing physical things perfectly—in a state of emptiness—in which we become consciously ‘one’ with whatever physical or mental activity we are currently engaged in.You will find that, as you gain more control in your meditation,it will be much easier for you to practice mindfulness. You will also find, conversely, that the practice of mindfulness—of doing physical and mental things perfectly—will help you improve your daily meditation practice.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
exotique1fy:

Start meditating with your eyes open,focusing as a warm-up,then focus on a chakra,then just let go and merge.Don't sit there and think or move into sleepy states of awareness,but move into high-powered states of attention.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2023
exotique1fy:

Fast and meditate.🌞
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2023
exotique1fy:

Contemplation is the act of thinking about something steadily.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2023
The potentially enlightened one started to walk down the corridors of the inner world that lead to enlightenment, engaging in the proper meditation practices and studying with enlightened masters. They purified themselves through contemplation, hard work, and selfless giving. They made their minds as hard and bright and multifaceted as a diamond, through hundreds of incarnations of yogic practice. They fought and won the long, hard, and silent battles to overcome their ego, attachments, and aversions. It is only a rare soul who has this degree of perseverance.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2023
When you enter into nirvikalpa samadhi, into nirvana, it's different. You never come back. You are not the person who went into nirvana. It's something or someone else. It's impossible to describe; it's not too bad. But let us say you might not like cake (Rama laughs). Then again you might. Everything is reshuffled. You're a deck of cards, and you're dealt out the same way again and again. But, you see, when you go into nirvana—not that there's an "into"—the deck is reshuffled. Different combinations occur. You let your being go to God. You merge with God and whatever God wants to send back, if God wants to send anything back, it comes back. And in the advanced spiritual states, of course, you do this many times a day. You constantly change. There's constant revolution in your being upon return, you might say, or as you move into this awareness—all very abstract, but also quite concrete.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2023
When you enter into nirvikalpa samadhi, into nirvana, it's different. You never come back. You are not the person who went into nirvana. It's something or someone else. It's impossible to describe; it's not too bad. But let us say you might not like cake (Rama laughs). Then again you might. Everything is reshuffled. You're a deck of cards, and you're dealt out the same way again and again. But, you see, when you go into nirvana—not that there's an "into"—the deck is reshuffled. Different combinations occur. You let your being go to God. You merge with God and whatever God wants to send back, if God wants to send anything back, it comes back. And in the advanced spiritual states, of course, you do this many times a day. You constantly change. There's constant revolution in your being upon return, you might say, or as you move into this awareness—all very abstract, but also quite concrete.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2023
The subtle physical body becomes stronger through meditation. Meditation is most important. The subtle physical body is purified through self-giving, whenever you give of yourself or you do something remarkable for someone, particularly when you help someone gain more light, spiritual light. Or even on a basic physical level. But particularly when there's any kind of transference of light that purifies your subtle physical body. Humility, purity, integrity, truthfulness, honesty, caring, raising your higher emotions—these things purify the subtle physical. Whereas passion, frustration, anger, jealousy, hatred—these emotions damage the subtle physical. The subtle physical is like a delicate, beautiful flower. If the weather conditions are very bad, the flower fades quickly. If the flower has what it needs, a nice environment, it can thrive.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2023
One day I was meditating on a mountain in the Himalayas and I was absorbed in a state of high meditation. As I came out of the meditation and became aware of the sense world the world around me I knew that I had a new name. And the name, of course, was Rama.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2023
You might have to become a scuba diver and go hundreds of feet underwater to experience the feeling of enlightenment.It will be the last refuge of pure aura and power on our planet, the oceans’ depths. It will be the only place left that human beings have not yet polluted with their vibrations!
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:23am On Jul 07, 2023
Women vibrate at a slightly different rate that passes kundalini very easily. It is problematic though, because a woman also picks up negative energy, it affects her more.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
The sky contains planets, stars, galaxies, far beyond our imagination. It is the net that catches them all. So our consciousness contains many stars, many galaxies, many worlds. At the moment you may be only aware of what's going on on one planet, but as you stretch your awareness, as you see, you become aware of all the divergent worlds, all the divergent existences that have ever been or will ever be. You see that they're all at your disposal, that they're all part of you. As you progress in your self-realization you'll discover that there isn't really anything that you aren't, that you can take on any mood, any action, any personality form, be it of this world or any other world. You have no fixed self. This is only an illusion and this is the illusion that causes you to feel pain and suffering, sorrow and frustration and despair. At the end of being is nonbeing. At the end of life is death. Beyond the ocean is something else—hard to describe, but also a distant cousin, another part of your being— nirvana, eternal awareness. But let us not concern ourselves with nirvana as yet. Let us come back from our celestial journey throughout the cosmos to this solar system, this planet, the person who's listening to this voice—their life, their problems, their hopes, their joys, their agonies, their victories and defeats, their life and their death and that which lies between— you.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
Spirituality is the science of metaphysics.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2023
I always meditate every day at noon, the time when the kundalini is the strongest. If you have to work at noon, at least try and think about eternity, think about your ideals, what you're trying to do with your life. Feel the pulse beat of the universe. It's very strong then. Try to meditate at sunset or in the early evening. It's very easy to meditate at sunset; there's a feeling of peace and there's a transcendental awareness from about 4:00 in the afternoon on. It's a very high energy time, from about 4:00 until about 8:00 or 9:00. Try to meditate then, before you start your evening. If you've been out in the world or working, that meditation will clear off all the energy you've picked up during the day, the unhealthy energy, and it will balance you and progress you.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2023
We have longer meditations, we have spontaneous meditations. After you've been meditating for a while, you'll just be sitting in a room, your living room, talking to a friend at a restaurant, working, and suddenly you'll feel yourself enter into a meditative state. You'll find that it will always come at the right time; it will never interfere with your work or with anything that you have to do on the physical plane. Sometimes these meditations occur because our soul is reaching to the infinite, even though our mind is not conscious of it. Sometimes they come because a being, a spiritual teacher, or something or someone else is reaching out to us and filling us with something, giving us an inner present.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
If you're a beginner, it's good to meditate for twenty minutes or a half an hour twice a day. If you're more advanced, 45 minutes to an hour, two or three times a day. It's really not necessary to formally meditate longer than that.
Some people like to meditate for a few minutes before they go to bed. You won't really gain quite as much from this meditation because you'll be sleepy, you won't absorb as much. But you can gain something.
At first glance, we appear to be people. The world appears to be physical and solid. There appear to be universes, stars, planets, our planet, seasons, different species of animals, plants, protozoa, bacteria—the visible universe. There are many universes, countless universes, and many of them are invisible. As you know, we call these the astral planes, but they are as real as this world is and they're filled with beings and forms that have life spans, as do the beings and forms in this world. They too wonder about the nature of existence, where they've come from and where they're going to and how much time they have. Meditation is wondering. It is both wondering and wonder at the same time. When we meditate we quiet the mind and open ourselves to our limitless possibilities. As a human being you are capable of a higher level of perception than you may now be cognizant of. You are not really who you think you are. There are many selves inside you, not just one. In introductory and intermediate meditation we seek to know ourselves. We get a sense of the countless selves within ourself, the different forms that they take. We become acquainted with them. We find that some selves agree with us, some don't. Those that don't seem positive or helpful we push aside. Those that seem progressive we enjoy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Reply)

The Significance Of Palm Sunday / Baptism Of The Holy Spirit. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.