Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,424 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:54 AM

10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua (844 Views)

No Going Back, We Have Joined Mr President's Party APC - Rivers Lawmaker, George / Nigerian Government Has ‘No Respect For Courts’ – Judge / Peter Obi Is A Disruptor But Lacks National Appeal – Osita Chidoka (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by hisexcellency34: 9:59am On Jun 11, 2023
A former Commissioner for Information in Edo state, Prince Kassim Afegbua on Saturday said he and other like minds are pushing for Senator Godswill Akpabio as the next Senate President because he has the leadership qualities and experience needed to give Nigerians qualitative lawmaking.

Speaking in an interview, Afegbua an ally of President Bola Tinubu also dismissed Senator Abdul’aziz Yari who is also contesting for the Senate Presidency position as a disruptor who has no respect for party supremacy.

He said "I don't want to discuss anything about Yari because I see him as a disruptor. I see him as somebody who is coming to upset the political algorithms of the country, knowing full well that there are lots of sentiments and emotions about the Muslim-Muslim ticket of the Tinubu-Shettima campaign. Thank God they won the election".

"A Yari cannot be telling us he is looking for Senate President when you have Tajudeen Abass from the House of Representatives looking for Speaker. So, if the two of them gets it, North-West will produce Speaker and Senate President. Is that what Yari is telling us? I think people must respect the position of the party".

"No matter how small a party is, no matter how big a party is, the supremacy of the party must be kept sacrosanct at all times. In this case, the party in its wisdom having consulted and said that Godswill Akpabio should represent it at the Senate and Jibrin Barau should be the Deputy Senate President. They also said Abbas is the Speaker and Ben Kalu should be the Deputy Speaker".

"If you look at the geopolitics and algorithms of power distribution, now you have an Akpabio who is a Christian from the South. That will give some level of stability and that is why we have the Stability Group. You may not consider religion as a factor but it came out so pointedly in this last election, especially when President Tinubu came up with a Vice-Presidential candidate who is now the Vice-President of the country, a Muslim".

"In the consideration of the party, they felt it is good for us to balance those factors of religion, geo-politics and what have you. So, a Godswill Akpabio is the candidate that some of us are pushing for because he is a formidable Nigerian, a performer, a transformer who as a governor transformed a rural community of Akwa-Ibom, Uyo and its environs into a cosmopolitan city".

Afegbua also said he has been lobbying Senators to cast their vote for Akpabio on Tuesday June 13 when the 10th National Assembly will be inaugurated.

"I may not have a vote on election day but I have Senators who are from my state; I have Senators who are my friends and I have been doing a lot of lobbying. The point is, Akpabio remains the candidate to beat".

https://independent.ng/10th-nass-why-were-rooting-for-akpabio-as-senate-president-afegbua/

Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by slivertongue: 10:03am On Jun 11, 2023
Disruptor have a place in democracy and development

2 Likes

Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by Ahmed0336(m): 10:11am On Jun 11, 2023
Yari no just get common sense at all.
The man dey vex me.
Not that he will win, but for someone who has no regards for the party, stability in the regional/religious balancing and worst is he didn't work as a governor in his state.
After Tuesday's swearing in he should be expelled from the party. Nonsense and yari

Godswill it is... ✌️

4 Likes

Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by JASONjnr(m): 10:20am On Jun 11, 2023
slivertongue:
Disruptor have a place in democracy and development

The senate president is zoned already and nothing will changed it.

If zoning of the president was zoned to the south, the vice president to the north, then the senate president is going to the south.

Yari is not going to meet up.

Stop giving yourself silly hopes....

2 Likes

Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by Minime10(f): 10:20am On Jun 11, 2023
Stop this una blackmail. So una suddenly discovered that a Muslim Muslim ticket was not ideal thing, but sake of say una parochial political reasoning of winning elections, una push am,🤣🤣🤣 and now una wan use am blackmail Yari
Yari has every right to contest for the SP seat just like every other person including Akpabio.
What we are after at this point is competent and not religion. So, it does not matter anymore, even if, all the political office holders today are Muslims, after all, Christians are sale-outs and useful-idiots.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by ideynl1: 10:25am On Jun 11, 2023
Ahmed0336:
The man dey vex me.
Not that he will win, but for someone who has no regards for the party, stability in the regional/religious balancing and worst is he didn't work as a governor in his state.
After Tuesday's swearing in he should be expelled from the party. Nonsense and yari

Godswill it is... ✌️

Since when did you start having regards for regional and religion balance and stability?

1 Like

Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by DEmejioba1: 10:28am On Jun 11, 2023
I am a Muslim but for the interest of balancing the hierarchy of govt, it's advisable that the Senate should consider a Christian.
Anyways I see some Christian senators that will make it not possible Sha,after the election and Yari has his way. There should be no story oooooo.

1 Like

Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by Parachoko: 10:38am On Jun 11, 2023
He and Kalu will lose woefully
Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by Ihateheadslamer: 10:46am On Jun 11, 2023
Orji Uzor Kalu was weeping like a baby the mother forgot to buy akara from the market the other day on live TV which leaves me wondering why our Nigeria politicians and selfishness are like 5 and 6 tongue
Parachoko:
Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by hisexcellency34: 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
Never say never
Parachoko:
Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by Parachoko: 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Never say never
Opposition supporters like you want Yari or Kalu to win
Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by Nightwolf1: 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
Let it be Muslim Muslim Muslim all through. Why should anyone be against it now if that same person wasn't against it in the past?

Useless armchair critics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by Ahmed0336(m): 2:13pm On Jun 11, 2023
ideynl1:

Since when did you start having regards for regional and religion balance and stability?
Show me just one of my post or comment that says otherwise or forever remain quiet.
Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by ideynl1: 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ahmed0336:

Show me just one of my post or comment that says otherwise or forever remain quiet.

Aren’t you a supporter of APC Muslim-Muslim ticket? Is that religious stability for you?

Since when did you people start considering religious balance?

1 Like

Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by Yoighaman(m): 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2023
So, Muslim-Muslim was OK for the P/VP, but it has suddenly become an issue for HOR and SP? Please stop blackmailing Yari and let him contest....and by the way, what is this forced romance between the Executive and Legislature? Isn't there supposed to be checks and balances?

In addition, the people should be allowed to vote for the Judiciary, just like the two other arms of government, they should not be appointed. Waiting for who will push this bill or stance.

This last Presidential election has revealed that tribe supercedes religion in Nigeria. It even supercedes other logical and reasonable factors. What a country.
Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by bjdon: 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
Minime10:
Stop this una blackmail. So una suddenly discovered that a Muslim Muslim ticket was not ideal thing, but sake of say una parochial political reasoning of winning elections, una push am,🤣🤣🤣 and now una wan use am blackmail Yari
Yari has every right to contest for the SP seat just like every other person including Akpabio.
What we are after at this point is competent and not religion. So, it does not matter anymore, even if, all the political office holders today are Muslims, after all, Christians are sale-outs and useful-idiots.

100% agree. You can't say with one mouth that Muslim-Muslim is ok fot president and vp , but Muslim for SP is not OK.
From now on let all throw their hat in the ring and may the best win

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by GreyLaw(m): 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
Go and arrest him, clown! He learnt whatever he is doing from the president and his vice.
Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by Ahmed0336(m): 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
ideynl1:

Aren’t you a supporter of APC Muslim-Muslim ticket? Is that religious stability for you?

Get off my mentions. I thought I was interacting with a human being.
Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by GreyLaw(m): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ahmed0336:
The man dey vex me.

Godswill it is... ✌️

You no be senator. You no go follow vote. You no be even top party member so this your opinion no matter. Even Akpabio no fit beat the kind chest wey you dey beat.
Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by Freedom2023(m): 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2023
Bunch of hypocrites and plaster-saint whited fellow. Is it now you're realizing that a senate president must be a southern Christian? Where were you when a Muslim Tinubu picked fellow Muslim as a running mate?.
Political algorithm kor, Political indices ni
Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by hisexcellency34: 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2023
Tinubu did same against GEJ in 2011
Parachoko:
Opposition supporters like you want Yari or Kalu to win
Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by Parachoko: 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Tinubu did same against GEJ in 2011
Well, Akpabio is the next Senate President
Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by Rikov(m): 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
Don't mind him
ideynl1:

Re: 10th NASS: Yari A Disruptor, Has No Respect For President, Party - Afegbua by Ruggedniggaone: 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ode so you can say somebody has no respect for the party and you and balabulu boys were cheering wike when he was disrespecting his party,its either Tinubu fall in line or get saraki part 2 in Yari

(1) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa Allied With Cameroon Separatist To Shut Nigeria Border For 2 Week / The Indisputable Fact About PEPT / Edo LG Polls: Supporters Welcome Shaibu To Jattu (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.