Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Emefiele's Political Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele's Political Ambition (505 Views)

SUN AWARDS"I Don't Have Any Political Ambition, Disregard Rumours - Ken Ifekudu. / Shina Peller: I Am Not Against Tinubu’s Political Ambition / How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emefiele's Political Ambition by ruffhandu: 10:39am On Jun 11, 2023
I know it was said that Emefiele had political ambition of becoming the president of Nigeria. I remember Emefiele himself even said something about going to court to get interpretation about his rights. I also remember seeing pictures of buses he allegedly bought for campaign. I never really bothered to check all those bruhaha, I just read the headlines. The reason I never bothered was because I saw such ambition from such a man as being clownish. Maybe it's just my thoughts and assessments, but I feel Emefiele cannot win House of rep in his constituency, unless he is able to access electorates and bribe them to vote him. Do you see any political prospect from that man? Does that man wield any leadership trait when you see him? I don't mean any offence, but I am just saying things the way I viewed/and view them.

His regime as CBN governor seemed to be a session of video game played by amateur adults who would think age equates knowledge. Where he blocks other people from accessing forex legitimately and and favouring rich people, who sometimes get the fx when they don't need and simply sell it at black market. People like El rufai once got either 300, 400 or 700m usd (this is no joke). Emefiele and his minions practically goes to the elites to ask them to come request for fx. meanwhile, small importers, foreign students, and other nigerians who needed these funds never had access to it. I don't need to elaborate on this, you all know it. he was accused of owning a bank at some point (I don't care about verifying that) because it was said around banking that once you open account in that bank you don't need to stress yourself to access fx, and that seemed to be the case.

His suspension by Tinubu,. I don't see any ethnic influence, tinubu's body language already alluded to this during the campaigns. But, for those protecting emefiele, is there any past cbn governor he is better than? Let's be sincere. I hate it when people complain that someone is being punished doing a wrong thing because some other people who did wrong were not punished. i always ask such people, 'but does he not deserve this punishment?'. i am not supporting tribalism in any way, all evil doers should be punished equally. But instead of not punishing 3 criminals from three ethnic groups, it it better one is punished, at least to rid that ethnic group of one criminal.

I mean no offence to anyone reading this, just my opinion and based on my observation as a nigerian in diaspora.
Re: Emefiele's Political Ambition by shortgun(m): 10:57am On Jun 11, 2023
Tinubu is behaving like a typical gang leader meting out punishments to rebellious cartel members in the underworld. Such highhandedness have no place in a civilised society.
Re: Emefiele's Political Ambition by gidjah(m): 11:32am On Jun 11, 2023
I
Re: Emefiele's Political Ambition by gidjah(m): 11:45am On Jun 11, 2023
I really don't know what he wants and intends to attain going by all this frauds,unloyalty he metted to Nigerians by conniving with the Very few abokis in Buhari regime,yes he fraudulently empowerd elrufai but can the same elrufai be arrested and attended to by dss just the way he was ?? I trust the govr to mention names or alliby,just hope this administration would be able to pick up every mentioned individuals else we are likely to see this as witchunt from a Yoruba administration
Re: Emefiele's Political Ambition by Parachoko: 11:52am On Jun 11, 2023
shortgun:
Tinubu is behaving like a typical gang leader meting out punishments to rebellious cartel members in the underworld. Such highhandedness have no place in a civilised society.

wtf 😂😂😂
Re: Emefiele's Political Ambition by ruffhandu: 9:39am On Jun 19, 2023
gidjah:
I really don't know what he wants and intends to attain going by all this frauds,unloyalty he metted to Nigerians by conniving with the Very few abokis in Buhari regime,yes he fraudulently empowerd elrufai but can the same elrufai be arrested and attended to by dss just the way he was ?? I trust the govr to mention names or alliby,just hope this administration would be able to pick up every mentioned individuals else we are likely to see this as witchunt from a Yoruba administration

hmn!
Re: Emefiele's Political Ambition by gabbytabby: 10:47am On Jun 19, 2023
How can Emewerey impoverish everyone and confiscate people’s money because they want to stop a political rival.
Re: Emefiele's Political Ambition by Christistruth03: 10:51am On Jun 19, 2023
Emefiele should have been sacked the moment he bought the N100 Million form to contest for President

He was very Politically Partisan

and he manifested it later

Central Bank Governor is a completely apolitical and neutral position
Re: Emefiele's Political Ambition by Christistruth03: 10:53am On Jun 19, 2023
gabbytabby:
How can Emewerey impoverish everyone and confiscate people’s money because they want to stop a political rival.

Didn’t you see the one Ojukwu did in 1967-1970 when he almost destroyed his Own People for his personal ambition ?

Emefiele was using the same ideology and was ready to destroy Nigeria’s Economy for his own personal motives

The Bible says it is better for a man to die for the Nation than for the Nation to be destroyed for a man
Re: Emefiele's Political Ambition by gabbytabby: 11:07am On Jun 19, 2023
That is my fear with giving Igbo power. They are on average extreme people constantly moving from zero to 100.

Christistruth03:

Didn’t you see the one Ojukwu did in 1967-1970 when he almost destroyed his Own People for his personal ambition ?

Emefiele was using the same ideology and was ready to destroy Nigeria’s Economy for his own personal motives

The Bible says it is better for a man to die for the Nation than for the Nation to be destroyed for a man
Re: Emefiele's Political Ambition by ruffhandu: 6:43am On Jun 20, 2023
Christistruth03:
Emefiele should have been sacked the moment he bought the N100 Million form to contest for President

He was very Politically Partisan

and he manifested it later

Central Bank Governor is a completely apolitical and neutral position
Not just sack, thoroughly investigated. But honestly, I thought it was all a rumour, my mind don slip commot from Nigeria that time so I was not interested in the news. But I saw some things online later that made me start wondering if it was actually true.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See How Lagos Labour Party HOR Member Greeted Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) / How Senators Reportedly Voted For The Senate President’s Seat Of The 10th Senate / Emefiele: Ensure Return Of Access, Gtbank Mds For Immediate Questioning - Frank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.