Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

What Can You Say About Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Can You Say About Nigeria (3960 Views)

10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. / 12 Things You Didnt Know About Nigeria / How Do You Say 'I Love You' In Your Native Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can You Say About Nigeria by labamo07(m): 12:20am On Oct 01, 2011
Hi all, Nigeria, our dear country is celebrating her 51st birthday today, what can you really say about Nigeria,
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by sirp2007: 9:33am On Oct 01, 2011
she is work in progress.she will one day take the right turn and step into her greatness.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by frenchman2: 9:33am On Oct 01, 2011
Nothing
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by freecocoa(f): 9:34am On Oct 01, 2011
Honestly what I can say is that Nigeria is a great and blessed nation with great people,but we have A very Big problem which is BAD LEADERS,I just can't fathom why only Greedy and wicked people get the highest positions in this country,we should just keep praying for things to get better real soon.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by kulutempa: 10:02am On Oct 01, 2011
Nigeria? A country made up of 3 major tribes, who live together in a state of mutual mistrust, and suspicion, and ruled by a parasitic, cunning, and uncontrollably greedy elite.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by john6006: 10:04am On Oct 01, 2011
Nigeria is a country that will always survive no mater the stigmatizes.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by noblegas2(m): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2011
freecocoa:

Honestly what I can say is that Nigeria is a great and blessed nation with great people,but we have A very Big problem which is BAD LEADERS,I just can't fathom why only Greedy and wicked people get the highest positions in this country,we should just keep praying for things to get better real soon.

Hmmmmmm< makes sense! The only problem is the club you support! tongue
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by ferdiking: 10:15am On Oct 01, 2011
if we really want to know if Nigeria is developing or not, then we should imagine what America or Britain are like when they were 51
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by superior1: 10:16am On Oct 01, 2011
Nothing. I have said enough without any impact!!
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Orblonde: 10:27am On Oct 01, 2011
Stop blaming the leaders, it is also the people that create such leaders, sycophants who cannot stand up to corruption. %95 of Nigerians are corrupt rulers on standby. Na lie? How will the majority vote for the minority?
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by kulutempa: 10:32am On Oct 01, 2011
ferdiking:

if we really want to know if Nigeria is developing or not, then we should imagine what America or Britain are like when they were 51

How very convenient!  What about Singapore which became independent in August 1965, and is 5 years younger than Nigeria?   Read about it on the link below and weep for Nigeria at 51.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Republic_of_Singapore
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by MisterNRC(m): 10:34am On Oct 01, 2011
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Jettage: 10:35am On Oct 01, 2011
Nigeria is a dangerous place to think and a risky place to argue.

You cannot think aright with the deluge of contradictions, bad leadership, bad educational system,  bad roads, bad security, bad basic amenities,

worst kind of poverty, terrible fanatical religiosity, irresponsible adolescent, irreligious clerics, myopic politician

You cannot argue with them, they either kill you or kill your concerns, (The them) meaning those mission minded to destroy Nigeria

51st Paradoxical Independence

http://akinbami..com/2011/10/nigerias-paradoxical-51st-independence.html
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by AHA1(m): 10:41am On Oct 01, 2011
IF YOU MEASURE NIGERIA UP AGAINST ALL LAWS OF HUMAN, NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by frankjoe(m): 10:44am On Oct 01, 2011
Lawless and retrogressing. No bright future!
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by john6006: 10:51am On Oct 01, 2011
I think trying to be hard on Nigeria is a mistake rather the attention must be shifted to the people ruling the system of Nigeria, is like having a good car with a bad or inexperienced driver,
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 01, 2011
ferdiking:

far-fetched! Ghana,botswana and namibia are only as old as nigeria, but are exemplary african nations.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 01, 2011
Nothing, other than to smh in slow motion

Sauer!! cheesy
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Lagam: 11:00am On Oct 01, 2011
One day one day Nigeria go survive
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by heynew: 11:00am On Oct 01, 2011
without this country the world will be such a boring place.  smiley smiley
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 11:03am On Oct 01, 2011
freecocoa:

Through the fire of the crucible
We shall become invincible.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Otunbakay(m): 11:16am On Oct 01, 2011
NIGERIA, no doubt as she is been run and managed today is a failling nation and if drastical radical and purposeful measures are not taken, she wound definately be a failed state in no distance time.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by nasty45(m): 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2011
In ONE WORD-'CONFUSED'
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by OmichaelO: 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2011
This is all i can say
Naija Waec Result since 1960
Crime=A1
Education=C6
Health=D7
Transportation=E8
Light=F9,
Lwkmd, Lmfao.
Anyway sha Happy
INDEPENDENCE to
all Nigerians, Mur coming our way
n
may almighty Allah bless us all
abundantly, cheesy
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by highland(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2011
Progressing
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by MrWhy1(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2011
NIGERIA, A nation where wrong is increasingly being justified. Where those who got their money through illicit means are seen as heroes and glorified. Where the Youths put instant wealth and gratification over knowledge and long-term planning. Where status, nepotism, cronyism, religious fanaticism, tribalism and every other type of negative isms is the order of the day. A nation where Natural and Human resources is a curse rather than an asset. Where religious leaders prey on the weakness of the vulnerable and extort the little they have. Where stupidity is seen as a normal thing.

A place where intellectuals go to quench. A place where education is becoming a liability instead of an asset. Where a bookworm is looked down upon and caricatured to go "Hustle" for money and stop wasting time reading books because in Nigeria "Money is everything". A place where corrupt leaders, officials thrive because of sycophants. A nation where an aspiring Youth would gladly say man if I became politician "me too go loot my own share". A nation of cowards that continue to deteriorate every day. Putting all that together, how do you measure it , A proud fool at 51 or proudly independent at 51?

With the way things are going, I foresee a practical failed state( because it is already a virtual failed state), a radical change(that could be violent) or the inevitable breakup of the artificial nation called NIGERIA!!!
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by justokey(m): 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2011
Orikinla:

Through the fire of the crucible
We shall become invincible.

^^^
Thank you.

This country has what it takes to be great, if only we stop shifting blames and play our individual roles!
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by member479760: 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2011
darkness
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Toonice(m): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2011
Goodluck for Jonathan, Badluck for Nigeria

shocked tongue
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by AJCB(m): 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2011
she breaks my heart!
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Bibol(f): 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2011
A country where nothing seems to be working but the people keep smiling
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by MrWhy1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 01, 2011
A country (pls note dt i ddnt say nation) where nothing seems to work but d people keep smiling

What is the fundamental difference between a "Country" and a "Nation". Decipher both Professor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Still Recite Your Oriki? (literary Genre) / Systems Of Record Keeping In Ancient Civilizations / Booker T. Washington, Another Famous Aa Of Igbo Descent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.