Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

What Can You Say About Nigeria - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Can You Say About Nigeria (3962 Views)

10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. / 12 Things You Didnt Know About Nigeria / How Do You Say 'I Love You' In Your Native Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by MrWhy1(m): 1:42pm On Oct 01, 2011
A country (pls note dt i ddnt say nation) where nothing seems to work but d people keep smiling

What is the difference between a "Country" and a "Nation"? Decipher both Professor.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by juman(m): 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2011
Country that is about to be liberated by the people if the leaders fail again.

Nobody can stop it. World is changing day by day.

Days of social networking.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2011
What can I say? Nigeria has a heck of a long way to go. She may have gained independence from the British, but has she gained independence from her corrupt leaders over the space of 5 decades?
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by chisom19: 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2011
a work in progress.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by revlution: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2011
Mr--Why:

NIGERIA, A nation where wrong is increasingly being justified. Where those who got their money through illicit means are seen as heroes and glorified. Where the Youths put instant wealth and gratification over knowledge and long-term planning. Where status, nepotism, cronyism, religious fanaticism, tribalism and every other type of negative isms is the order of the day. A nation where Natural and Human resources is a curse rather than an asset. Where religious leaders prey on the weakness of the vulnerable and extort the little they have. Where stupidity is seen as a normal thing.

A place where intellectuals go to quench. A place where education is becoming a liability instead of an asset. Where a bookworm is looked down upon and caricatured to go "Hustle" for money and stop wasting time reading books because in Nigeria "Money is everything". A place where corrupt leaders, officials thrive because of sycophants. A nation where an aspiring Youth would gladly say man if I became politician "me too go loot my own share". A nation of cowards that continue to deteriorate every day. Putting all that together, how do you measure it , A proud fool at 51 or proudly independent at 51?

With the way things are going, I foresee a practical failed state( because it is already a virtual failed state), a radical change(that could be violent) or the inevitable breakup of the artificial nation called NIGERIA!!!

Nigeria in Summary.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Gentlebabs(m): 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2011
NIGERIA -  A miracle, waiting to happen. The snail was slow; but it made it to Noah's ark. We might be slow, but surely, we'll get there.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by chisom19: 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2011
@gentlebabs; lol, love your comment. :clap:
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by God2man(m): 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2011
God has an agenda for nigeria. God wiil use what is inside the agenda to make the whole world know him more and more. Her destiny is in the hand of God. God is unfolding her destiny gradually,line upon line,precept upon precept. In every ten or fifteen black men on earth, there is a nigerian. With all the aboundant human and mineral resources in Nigeria, the world is waiting for the manifestation of a NEW NIGERIA. God bless you. God2man.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Abayomin70(m): 3:42pm On Oct 01, 2011
sincerely spiking i hate my country.ASUU is on strike and nobody is talkin about itam just fuckin tired of sittinggg at home
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Digits90(m): 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2011
Hopeless country, faultless leaders, foolish inhabitants!!
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Olatad: 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2011
Nigeria is a very unique country,a lovely state,a gift frm d creature.Its quite unfortunate dat d nigerian pple are not helping to make this great country attains its full potential.Most nigerians,home and abroad are so pessimistic that they believe dis great country would never reach its potential.I have lived outside nigeria where people love their country even they are not always geting wot they want frm her. i so much believ that if we as a people could refocus our mind sets and start believing in our country,very soon we would all have our dear country rises up again among the comity of nation.I love Nigeria and i believ we can make things work if we all join hands together with all sincerity.Long live Nigeria!
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by daywatcher: 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2011
too many of the populace are blinded by religion
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by beespak7(m): 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2011
A country whos leadership  has been taken over by currupt bandits , criminals, gangsters, agberos, who are only interested in one thing loot, loot, and loot the economy . A country whos youth celebrate criminal leadership(ALAMS & CO) who loot their economy while they continue to suffer  terrible hardship    undecided undecided
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by basadenet: 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2011
Nothing
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by mulumele(m): 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2011
A nation endowed with ample human and material resources with intelligent,industrious and exquisite people who are sometimes irresponsible,juvenile and selfish.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by engrj(m): 8:42pm On Oct 01, 2011
smiley

Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by engrj(m): 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2011
smiley

Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2011
A fool at 51 is a fool forever!
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by labamo07(m): 11:51pm On Oct 01, 2011
Nigeria's report card after
51"
years HEALTH = E7 POVERTY = A1 EDUCATION =
C6 TRANSPORTATION = D7 SECURITY = F9
COMMUNICATION = C6 INFRASTRUCTURE = E8
SOCIAL AMENITIES = D7 POWER = F9
CORRUPTION = A1 WATER SUPPLY = C6
ELECTION RIGGING = A1 HUMAN RIGHT = D7
JUDICIARY = D7 MORTALITY RATE = E8
ILLITERACY = B3 UNEMPLOYMENT = D7
BANKING SECTOR = C4 SPORTS = D7
PROSTITUTION = B3 MILITANCY = B2
KIDNAPPING = A1
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by otokx(m): 6:17am On Oct 02, 2011
geographically beautiful but majority of the inhabitants have low mentality so no progress can be achieved.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by mikron(m): 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2011
nigeria is my fatherland. Nothing will change that. I love my country@A-HA i pity u. Nigeria is not a failed state.we only ve bad leaders. We ll get it right. I believe in 9ja
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by kinguwem: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2011
Nigeria is a nation whose growth is stunted because of her large population of unproductive people. The unpatriotic and corrupt politicians are the main cause of the underdevelopment of the country.
Most Nigerians are desperate and ready to do anything to survive. An almajiri is ready to kill for a free lunch; The police will collect N20 for routine servicing etc.
Unless Nigerians change their attitude, Nigeria will remain undeveloped for a long time. Nigerians condon and abate corruption for various reasons - religious, ethnic, political etc. There is no political will to fight corruption.
Lets pray for divine intervention. Lets pray and curse all the people responsible for all the evil perpetrated in the country.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by Ikroberts: 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan is our president.
Re: What Can You Say About Nigeria by spidwriter: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2011
Happy birthday and may she continue to set the trail for the rest of the African countries as a prime destination for business in the continent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Still Recite Your Oriki? (literary Genre) / Seun Osewa Did You See This? / Ask Pleep! Nairaland Resident History Expert!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.