Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,809 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) (22055 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by fawaz050(m): 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
I think you should stay.

While you are waiting for the crypto bull run, you can invest in local trading business. Hedge the profits, while you learn skills.

Then you can reconsider JAPA.

1 Like

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by hisexcellency34: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
Dem no dey telli person
Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by Michaelspresh(f): 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
Me wondering why on earth a sensible person that has money should stay in this Nigeria 😐

3 Likes

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by kennyjam: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
It's well!
Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by Andrenalin: 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
Personally , I will advice u go with that option of your kid born abroad , train here and send back in future time for higher institution… Also , I don’t buy the idea of working for anyone if you already having some soft skills like you is crypto. My advice on career path is to enroll in a coding sch, and devote some of your time to master the skill very well. Then you can some intern job , over time you can venture into a self made business in your own skill where u can assist yourself. My one sent…
Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by staga: 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
Selfkontrol:
Good day Nairalanders. Pls I need some mature advice because I’ve been in a dilemma for a long time now concerning relocating abroad or staying back in Nigeria.
First of all I’m not a japa advocate. I believe if you’re doing well in Nigeria then there’s no point relocating abroad but I feel there’s so much uncertainty and I don’t know what the future holds for me in this country.

Now I’m a married man of 30 years. I will turn 31 by this September. We have no child yet but wife is preg now. I have a B.Eng in petroleum Engineering but have never worked in my life. My current business is crypto trading which I have been doing for years now. During the 2021 crypto bull run I made lot of money and acquired some properties that’s currently valued atleast 60-70m naira in total. bought my car same year and got married same year to my long time Gf, settled some family members etc . I don’t have any other investments or business aside my properties and crypto portfolio because crypto trading has taken all my time and I won’t complain because so far it has been good. Making money in dollars while in Nigeria is bliss. Even though we have been in bear season since 2022, I still make some money every now and then that’s sustainable for now until we hit another bull run which is likely to happen from next year 2024.

My fear lies here, on the long run crypto trading is not sustainable. If not for 2021 bull run I don’t think I would be in this position and even the projected bull run next year is not 100% certain

I plan on learning a programming skill which is very difficult, I tried learning it late last year but stopped along the line because it was distracting me from trading and missing some opportunities in crypto because making money is most important. Coding would probably take me a few years before I start earning even though it is sustainable long term but crypto trading can be life changing but not sustainable long term . It’s more like a gamble most times.

My plan A, is to gather enough money from now till 2025 which is the duration of the projected bull run if it happens and start investing in real estate development, Like building and selling and other businesses too but I don’t know how feasible that is in our present day Nigeria and if I don’t make my target amount, I might have to start with the available resources present.

plan B, gather some money, learn a skill then relocate to Canada with my family via study route since I don’t have any real work experience aside crypto trading but that would mean me going to study and starting afresh.

For my wife, she also has a degree in Human Resources with just nysc as working experience. She learnt wig making and installation and has been doing her online biz selling wigs etc.

Abroad folks, what are my chances abroad considering my current profile. Is it worth it coming over there to start afresh
And build? I have heard so many things how it’s hard getting a job and you have to rely on survival jobs for the first few years expecially for someone without any work experience.

I really don’t like joining the bandwagon cos everyone seems to be leaving, I love to weigh my options and hate taking unnecessary risk that might lead to regrets, at the same time don’t want to regret not leaving since I’m still young and have the opportunity that’s why I’m here asking these questions to learn from experienced and matured family men home and abroad the action they would take. We learn everyday,

For my unborn kids, if everything checks out, my plan is to give birth to them in either Canada or US for the passport and raise them in Nigeria and when they are grown, send them to study there and that is only if I’m not relocating. And if I’m relocating, what are the in-demand skills and professions I have to take since it’s clear I might be going to school because I hate survival jobs. What is your advice pls.
Mature advice pls. Thank you 🙏
@justwise @Disguy

Stay back in Nigeria. The crypto world will exist and will keep facing bear and bull cycles, just like any other financial market. I will advise you set up some kind of vocational school, like teaching people how to do industrial welding. When that business is well settled, you can be travelling and coming back at will. Even me who has tasted both worlds and currently outside, am returning this year now that Bubu's government is done with.

There is money in vocational education in Nigeria. I have clients that come from even other African countries. I am talking from experience.
If you look beyond all the political razzmatazz, there are already two government decisions that will become game changers in Nigeria's economy down the road.

a) Removal of fuel subsidy
b) The new electricity act that will now allow states to transmit their own generated power, which has been the impediment to improved power supply in Nigeria.

You can also see that the new finance act makes allowance for 10% tax on crypto transactions, which means that the Emefiele-era policy of banning such transactions from banks will soon be swept away with the man. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Consider what I have said carefully and seek God in prayers.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
disappear if u have d means abeg!

d con3 will be more f**kd up under dis drug mule!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by naturefellow(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
money121:
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN cool cool

GOD BLESS B.A.T

NAIJA FOR LIFE

WE NO DEY GO ANYWHERE cool cool
God no dey bless thief!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by Pk01(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
For now ..boss congratulations..
Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
Selfkontrol:
Good day Nairalanders. Pls I need some mature advice because I’ve been in a dilemma for a long time now concerning relocating abroad or staying back in Nigeria.
First of all I’m not a japa advocate. I believe if you’re doing well in Nigeria then there’s no point relocating abroad but I feel there’s so much uncertainty and I don’t know what the future holds for me in this country.

Now I’m a married man of 30 years. I will turn 31 by this September. We have no child yet but wife is preg now. I have a B.Eng in petroleum Engineering but have never worked in my life. My current business is crypto trading which I have been doing for years now. During the 2021 crypto bull run I made lot of money and acquired some properties that’s currently valued atleast 60-70m naira in total. bought my car same year and got married same year to my long time Gf, settled some family members etc . I don’t have any other investments or business aside my properties and crypto portfolio because crypto trading has taken all my time and I won’t complain because so far it has been good. Making money in dollars while in Nigeria is bliss. Even though we have been in bear season since 2022, I still make some money every now and then that’s sustainable for now until we hit another bull run which is likely to happen from next year 2024.

My fear lies here, on the long run crypto trading is not sustainable. If not for 2021 bull run I don’t think I would be in this position and even the projected bull run next year is not 100% certain

I plan on learning a programming skill which is very difficult, I tried learning it late last year but stopped along the line because it was distracting me from trading and missing some opportunities in crypto because making money is most important. Coding would probably take me a few years before I start earning even though it is sustainable long term but crypto trading can be life changing but not sustainable long term . It’s more like a gamble most times.

My plan A, is to gather enough money from now till 2025 which is the duration of the projected bull run if it happens and start investing in real estate development, Like building and selling and other businesses too but I don’t know how feasible that is in our present day Nigeria and if I don’t make my target amount, I might have to start with the available resources present.

plan B, gather some money, learn a skill then relocate to Canada with my family via study route since I don’t have any real work experience aside crypto trading but that would mean me going to study and starting afresh.

For my wife, she also has a degree in Human Resources with just nysc as working experience. She learnt wig making and installation and has been doing her online biz selling wigs etc.

Abroad folks, what are my chances abroad considering my current profile. Is it worth it coming over there to start afresh
And build? I have heard so many things how it’s hard getting a job and you have to rely on survival jobs for the first few years expecially for someone without any work experience.

I really don’t like joining the bandwagon cos everyone seems to be leaving, I love to weigh my options and hate taking unnecessary risk that might lead to regrets, at the same time don’t want to regret not leaving since I’m still young and have the opportunity that’s why I’m here asking these questions to learn from experienced and matured family men home and abroad the action they would take. We learn everyday,

For my unborn kids, if everything checks out, my plan is to give birth to them in either Canada or US for the passport and raise them in Nigeria and when they are grown, send them to study there and that is only if I’m not relocating. And if I’m relocating, what are the in-demand skills and professions I have to take since it’s clear I might be going to school because I hate survival jobs. What is your advice pls.
@justwise @Disguy

It beats my imaginations why you will need advice of random strangers to make a life altering decision. I am in shock like Buhari!

5 Likes

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by gameova(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
Pray to God for direction

1 Like

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by optimusprime2(m): 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
Bro,

The Japa idea is not bad, but figure out a well rounded plan before you commit to the japa plan.
Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by Penguin2: 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sisora:
I build investment website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

All scripts work superbly.

I also build VTU website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k.

I also build multivendor ecommerce websites like jumia or jiji cost 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.
Where are you? I’d like us to deal but I have to see u first.
Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by Myer(m): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
Selfkontrol:

@justwise @Disguy

First of all you're very graced and blessed.
I suspect you or your parents serve God.
Please be more intimate with Him, he is in the best position to guide you best.

Now I'm not married, neither am I successful enough to give you a substantial advice/counsel.

But I believe the programming you have been leaning towards is a nudge in your spirit to invest in that skill.
Trading in money should really not be a business/occupation but that's my opinion.
It is more appropriate for Forex traders/bankers who get paid a salary whether or not they it's bear or bull season.

Building a skill or starting a business is more long term and sustainable.
About the relocation, unless you absolutely have to, Nigeria Is going to be the centre of the world/commerce soon, invest yourself here.

Whatever decision you make, I pray God blesses the honest work of your hands.

3 Likes

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by Walix: 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2023
I left Naija when I was about your age. I have a bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering. If you send me your email, I will tell you what I think and what to expect if you decide to relocate.
Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by Sisora(m): 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2023
Penguin2:

Where are you? I’d like us to deal but I have to see u first.
I'm in Benue state.

If you are worried about me running with your money, no need to
Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by safetyboot: 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2023
OPTION A:
My brother, stay back and build your real estate business; then empower your spouse to start up a business while both of you scout for job (to fulfil all righteousness).
It seems you are knowledgeable in crypto, you are on the right track.
Things will soon get better here in Nigeria with the new government (though am obidient).
There is no place like HOME.
Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by Basicend: 3:59pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sisora:
I build investment website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

All scripts work superbly.

I also build VTU website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k.

I also build multivendor ecommerce websites like jumia or jiji cost 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

Bro, lemme have ur contact details. Send to phemmzy9@yahoo.com. let's talk.
Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by ednut1(m): 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
Stay in Nigeria. You do not have relevant skills that can make you integrate easily. If you do that crypto here be ready to pay heavy taxes on it. Btw i dont believe all these crypto traders people na yahoo una dey do jare 🤣

7 Likes

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by damosky12(m): 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2023
Draslo:
You're making $$$ in Nigeria. You should have no motive to japa. You should focus on getting dual citizenship while living here.
Thank me later

I love that dual citizenship idea.
Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by MechanicMike: 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2023
Selfkontrol:

@justwise @Disguy

relocate backkto Nigeria sir.....am fukkkkin fedddup of Pekam, London.......tooo many gadeeem nigerians left, right & center!!!!! (no ooofeincse) angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by naturefellow(m): 4:03pm On Jun 12, 2023
money121:

Stop crying
I'm not crying. Don't be foolish dear!
Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by dahmie2013: 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
gameova:
Pray to God for direction
Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by p4pako: 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
He also systematically dropped a disclaimer.

Britishcoins:
Sounds more like crypto advertisement.. I don't have advice for u

1 Like

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by Westwood2580: 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
xamuel17:
You dont have to be a programmer, there are many other fields in tech that doesn't require so much commitment. Explore the route of Project/Product management, Software testing , Dev Ops etc.
Devops require coding. You must learn one scripting language, be a guru in command line, bash scripting, power shell. So devops is even harder than Front end engineering bro but at the end it work it. My advice for him is to consider Project management, UX, Product management, Digital marketing, Cloud computing especially aws solution architect.

3 Likes

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by alizma: 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
Selfkontrol:

@justwise @Disguy

Your plan A is the parfect plan, you know why, just take a look at developed countries, people hardly have all it takes to build their own houses from scratch but they can buy on credit and have it spread over a period of time.
Tinubu believe in such system and the subsidy removal is in supportive of that his believe. Tinubu will do more things to achieve such system where an individual may not have high volume of cash stash in the bank or at home in his name but can access credit easily. So I will advise you buy more lands in strategic place, build the ones your can build because things are going to go up higher and those who already have things like land, houses etc will expand quickly

2 Likes

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by Westwood2580: 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
Selfkontrol:

@justwise s @Disguy

Bro if u cant do programming take up non technical skills like project/product management, UX design, salesforce certification and aws cer[quote author=Westwood2580 post=123747819]Devops require coding. You must learn one scripting language, be a guru in command line, bash scripting, power shell. So devops is even harder than Front end engineering bro but at the end it work it. My advice for him is to consider Project management, UX, Product management, Digital marketing, Cloud computing especially aws solution architect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by Sandralight(f): 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2023
For me personally I prefer you stay in Nigeria and invest, if that bull run works out, you can start a business and travel abroad for vacations.
When you make bunch of money, you can still relocate and if it didn't work out you can come back to Nigeria and continue your businesses.

The honest truth is Nigeria is not really a safe country if you dont have investments you can just Japa but if you are doing well here dont take the risk.

3 Likes

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by Sheriman(m): 4:11pm On Jun 12, 2023
If programming is difficult for you try 3D Animation.
You already have the funds to finance your tech journey bro!! Don't sleep on it. Some people just need money to stay in tech so that they can fully concentrate.

1 Like

Re: Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) by Angelfrost(m): 4:12pm On Jun 12, 2023
money121:
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN cool cool

GOD BLESS B.A.T

NAIJA FOR LIFE

WE NO DEY GO ANYWHERE cool cool

You mean you can't afford to go anywhere...!

No need for fake patriotism!

Even your elected leaders including Mr. President have all their families secured abroad!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Community Blocks Akure Highway Over Death Of Boy / Governor Sanwo-Olu Inspects Flooded Area Of Jankara (video) / March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.