Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,868 members, 7,810,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or (31508 Views)

Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. / FIFA Confirms Next World Cup In Qatar To Hold Nov/dec 2022 / Taribo West On 2018 World Cup And Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by ojehmario1969(m): 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2023
Lionel Messi arrived in Beijing, China by private jet on Saturday and was greeted by hundreds of jubilant fans, with his World-Cup-winning Argentina set to face Australia in a friendly next week.

Lionel Messi is interviewed by Chinese media on Chinese stream platform to talk about the World Cup, the Ballon d'Or and Pep Guardiola. “Ballon d’Or? At this point in my career, if it comes, it's good, and if it doesn't, nothing happens. “Does Ballon d’Or matters to me? No, at this stage in my life, it is no longer important to me. I’ve always said, the individual prizes are not what matters to me, but the collective ones are the most important to me. The most important prize at the moment is the World Cup. This is the greatest prize for me.”

“As I said earlier, I don't think I will participate in the next World Cup. I haven't changed my mind about that. I'd like to be there to watch it, but I'm not going to participate.After I achieved the World Cup that I was missing, I am satisfied and grateful for the career I have made, and this is what is most important to me.”

Is Messi still in touch with Pep?
Yes, and he deserved to win the Champions League. He is the best coach in the world.” Messi replied.”

Chinese fans give Lionel Messi rockstar welcome
Several hundred others waited outside his hotel, not far from the banks of the Liangma River, popular with Beijingers for strolls. This is Messi’s seventh trip to China, the previous time being in 2017.
World champions Argentina will play a friendly against Australia on June 15 at Beijing’s newly renovated 68,000-seat Workers’ Stadium.

Messi, who has chosen to leave Paris Saint-Germain over the summer to pursue his career with Inter Miami, will also play another friendly match, when Argentina take on Indonesia in Jakarta on June 19, as part of this tour
https://www.goal.com/en/news/lionel-messi-ballon-d-or-no-longer-important-to-me/bltce0adbe04f831f71
Mynd44 Nlfpmod

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by ojehmario1969(m): 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2023
Wow, this Messi guy speaks so well, very humble. grin
At the Age of 19-20---Messi : I love Collective awardsmore than individual awards. 55 15

At age 28 - Messi : I would want to win the world cup rather than 5 balon d'ors.

At age 36- Messi : Does Ballon d'Or matters to me? No, at this stage in my life. I've always said, the individual prizes are not what matters to me, but the collective ones are the most important to me.
The GOaT

295 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by TBIZZY(m): 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2023
The other guy keeps setting himself up with ego and a braggadocio behavior.

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by OJEEMAH(m): 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2023
ojehmario1969:
He’s intelligent. He knows how and when to nip it in the bud. He makes smart and unpredictable moves on and off field.

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by allen113: 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2023
My second favourite after Ronaldinho

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by Numerouno94(m): 7:28pm On Jun 13, 2023
OJEEMAH:
He’s intelligent. He knows how and when to nip it in the bud. He makes smart and unpredictable moves on and off field.

Swears. Messi they give me joy. See simplicity abeg. Btw, one player still dey try convince people say him na best. Best without world cup.gringrin

This guy is intelligent, humble and nice. If ur a normal human being u must luv Messi, except ur a witch. If u hate this innocent guy called Messi then u re a witch.gringrin

116 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by OJEEMAH(m): 8:26pm On Jun 13, 2023
Numerouno94:

Swears. Messi they give me joy. See simplicity abeg. Btw, one player still dey try convince people say him na best. Best without world cup.gringrin
You and vawulencegrin grin grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by handsomeyinka(m): 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2023
True talk..

Ronaldo fans can keep wailing like some of our O.......nse people

Anyway...Asiwaju is Our next presido for the next 8 years.

Peter obi still looking for his lost mandate.

No be only mandate na mandela...

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by MrCounselor: 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2023
Before nko?
Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by slawomir: 9:44pm On Jun 13, 2023
Damnnn niggar

The boss

The only boss of football ⚽️

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by obembet(f): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2023
Criminal, u can't even win...

4 Likes

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by MrBroke(m): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2023
ojehmario1969:
At the Age of 19-20---Messi : I love Collective awardsmore than individual awards. 55 15

At age 28 - Messi : I would want to win the world cup rather than 5 balon d'ors.

At age 36- Messi : Does Ballon d'Or matters to me? No, at this stage in my life. I've always said, the individual prizes are not what matters to me, but the collective ones are the most important to me.
The GOaT

Mynd44 Nlfpmod

Always true to his words. Not saying this today and that tomorrow. Just love this guy

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by Decentdave(m): 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2023
Like for Messi and share for Cr7

136 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by cyrusmillz: 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2023
Of course , You've won it 7 times (although 2 can be disputed )
Won the : The League, domestic cup, champions league, super cup , club world cup , Copa America , Finalissmo ( a useless trophy by the way ) and the world cup .

Winning it the 8th time won't really make any difference . undecided

8 Likes

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by DaveHarry(m): 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2023
GOAT

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by FeyMoss: 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2023
The greatest of all time

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by Praxis758: 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2023
Everything and everywhere seem/remain the same and uninteresting after living in a particular place over a long period of time.

The road you’ve passed over and over again becomes part of your immune system.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by Justinlean02(m): 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2023
Goated wink
Pep Gaudiola na the definition of "True Special One" if Mourinho no first am take the title that is...

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by stano2(m): 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2023
My one and only GOAT
Messi completed football.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by Peacecore: 9:51pm On Jun 13, 2023
I so much love Messi. His modesty is next to none. This is why the media has found it difficult to have anything to pick against him. The award is till yours, GOAT.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by Kukutenla: 9:52pm On Jun 13, 2023
obembet:
Criminal, u can't even win...
How is he a criminal
You type before you think

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
Okay.
Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by akpumping7720(m): 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2023
Balloon d'Or don tire Messi!
Dude has won it all.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:56pm On Jun 13, 2023
He has win it all and law of diminishing returns set in by default. Stand up for the Champion

"I wake up early and stay late, day after day year after year, it took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success" Lionel Messi.

15 Likes

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by GODPUNISHALABI: 9:57pm On Jun 13, 2023
Whether u like am or not u must collect that ur 8th balon d or as ur discharge certificate ....I love you messi cry men I am so gonna miss watching this guy sometimes, it feels like a dream like my entire life i have watched this guy .....what happens next ...wow

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by Darnell9(m): 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2023
Levels

2 Likes

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by abobote: 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2023
Ofcourse it will take a very long time for any player to achieve that, if there will be any

10 Likes

Re: Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or by Numerouno94(m): 10:04pm On Jun 13, 2023
OJEEMAH:
You and vawulencegrin grin grin grin

Brother wat is life without vawulence nagringrin

At 36 Messi has conquered the world of football and his abt to go on a relaxation break. But one old papa at 38 never still conquer even spoon.gringrin

Messi has won it all at 35 buh a 38yrs old Pendu who started the game of soccer b4 Messi is still struggling. Wat a shame.gringrin

21 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo Set New Goal Record In Chinese Super League / Lagos Fans Mobbed Emenike At Airport / Messi beats LeBron to No1 spot on Forbes highest-paid athletes, Ronaldo in top 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.