Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. (3402 Views)

Messi Denies Chances Of Next World Cup And The Importance Of The Ballon D'or / FIFA Confirms Next World Cup In Qatar To Hold Nov/dec 2022 / Pictures Of Ahmadou Ahidjo Stadium Cameroon Where Super Eagles Will Play Against (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by Zetra7: 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2023
I stopped watching Nigeria national team since the administration of Buhari when national politics creeped and rendered football useless..

Today, I took out time to see what has become of the once super eagles.

From the onset, the problem was obvious...

Nigeria is a fraud of a country, this continue to affect every sphere of our lives. It's quite clear that the people donning the super eagle jerseys are simply product of fraud..

Same thing evident in our political space where ethnic, nepotism and loyalty is above merit based performance..

It's glaring to see that a washed out player IWOBI was the best player with responsibility of coordination of our game.. Terrible.

Now don't get me wrong, Iwobi merit been in the team but not as our star playmaker, where are the Okochas, Kanus, Mikel Obis

Nigeria doesn't lack Talents...

- My second observation is that Nigeria is trying to bring diversity within the team. In football, that has to go to the gutters...
Even countries like france took the world cup twice with mostly coloured players.

If a particular ethnic group can give first 11 that will show our love for football by all means let it be.. Every nation seeks to use its best to achieve greatness, why is every thing different in Nigeria?

The Super Falcon performance of the world cup has many Igbos, they represented the flag with a star performance that newly took them to greatness..

That a Yourba man is the president doesn't mean they have to add in numbers to the national team...

My advise - Disban this fraud of a squad and start afresh..

In Europe, big nations finish off the less ones in football but Nigeria has a very low expected goal ratio.

We will never qualify for another world cup in this state..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by fayomim: 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2023
Zetra7:
I stopped watching Nigeria national team since the administration of Buhari when national politics creeped and rendered football useless..

Nigeria is a fraud of a country, this continue to affect every sphere of our lives. It's quite clear that the people donning the super eagle jerseys are simply product of fraud..

Same thing evident in our political space where ethnic, nepotism and loyalty is above merit based performance..

It's glaring to see that a washed out player IWOBI was the best player with responsibility of coordination of our game.. Terrible.

Now don't get me wrong, Iwobi merit been in the team but not as our star playmaker, where are the Okochas, Kanus, Mikel Obis

- My second observation is that Nigeria is trying to bring diversity within the team. In football, that has to go to the gutters...
Even countries like france took the world cup twice with mostly coloured players.

If a particular ethnic group can give first 11 that will show our love for football by all means let it be.. Every nation seeks to use its best to achieve greatness, why is every thing different in Nigeria?

The Super Falcon performance of the world cup has many Igbos, they represented the flag with a star performance that newly took them to greatness..

That a Yourba man is the president doesn't mean they have to add in numbers to the national team...

In Europe, big nations finish off the less ones in football but Nigeria has a very low expected goal ratio.

The stars players in super falcon are from both south east and south west...stop creating tribal war

Super Eagles low performance today is a thing that has been occurring for more than 5years so why trying to attach today's failure to the southwest?

It is well with you guys

Anyone that mention me with insults will never make it in life. I have said it and It will remain so

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by adebayo987: 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
During Jonathan's time nepotism in our football team dropped. Buhari came and it skyrocketed. The thing is, our (African) leaders don't see football the way advanced nations see football. Here, they see football as a shortcut to Europe/financial prosperity for their children and relatives. This is why they continue to use foreign coaches because they're very easy to manipulate. Our local coaches may want to look for talents but these foreign coaches would be forced to work with what is made available to them.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by aariwa(m): 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2023
fayomim:

The stars players in super falcon are from both south east and south west...stop creating tribal war

Super Eagles low performance today is a thing that has been occurring for more than 5years so why trying to attach today's failure to the southwest?

It is well with you guys

Anyone that mention me with insults will never make it in life. I have said it and I will remain so
he is mentioning poor management of football by government not blaming the players directly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by tsdarkside(m): 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
world cup for what....??

they are miserable in football anyways....
they cant even win african cup sef....
Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by tsdarkside(m): 4:51pm On Nov 19, 2023
nigerian football started becomin bad when they started hirin foreighn trainers....

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by tsdarkside(m): 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2023
football should be scrapped....
waste of money....

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by SpatialKing(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2023
Under APC government
Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by Zetra7: 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2023
fayomim:

It is well with you guys

Anyone that mention me with insults will never make it in life. I have said it and I will remain so

Listen dummy, super eagles low performance has been ongoing for 5 years you said, now what is your solution?

Am taking my time to analyse and recommend a solution, you're there been critically with your tribalistic filled brain..

I don't give a Bleep if Osun state gives us 11 team players that shows our love for the game..

All I don't want is because Tinubu is the president therefore Yourbas will add in number..

Don't understand how you lot demand a better nation yet all you think is tribal success..

Nigeria needs merit based performance to become true giants of Africa..

In Europe, it's so easy to see likes of Saka, musiala, Michael Olise, Alaba, chikwuemeka Emeka, Danjuma and many more excelling yet would never have had that opportunity if they were born and bred in Nigeria.

Change this rustic thinking bro..

5 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by JOemmy(m): 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2023
The whole blame should start from the corrupt nff that doesn't even know it's left and right why should they hire a low grade coach like pesero whose coaching records is nothing to write about?
Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by isholapeter9(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2023
He be like say Dem don beat una again 😭

Zetra7:

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by OAFMods: 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2023
How many Yoruba are in this team that your Igbo foolish father is wailing up n down NL.

Zetra7:

6 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by Gajagojo: 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2023
Zetra7:

In summary we need more Iboes in the team?
Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by modernWays: 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2023
Here is another pessimistic idiotic tribalist. How many Yorubas are in the team that you started blaming a whole race for Eagle failure? Did they swear for you tribalists on Nairaland?

With 9 slots giving to Africa, there is no way eagle will not qualify for 2026 World Cup. It is good they did not lose today, all they need to do is to win as many more matches as possible.

Lesotho and Zimbabwe can be beating in the second legs, likewise others including South Africa. Only a short sighted person will say they won't qualify after just two matches.

7 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by SoNature(m): 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2023
igwebuike01:
This has always been the agenda of weak yoruba race. Follow corrupt political establishment to promote their mediocre tribal men. That's their only hope of catching up with Igbos but it always lead to national disaster

Please stop blaming the Yorubas for everything; it makes no sense.

How many world-class players are in that Super Eagles squad? I guess it's the Yorubas that made CAF to enlist just Victor Osimen in their African Best Footballer for male category.

You cannot give what you don't have. Don't take political tribalism and bigotry to sports. There's a limit to everything.

6 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by Zetra7: 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2023
modernWays:
Here is another pessimistic idiotic tribalist. How many Yorubas are in the team that you started blaming a whole race for Eagle failure? Did they swear for you tribalists on Nairaland?

With 9 slots giving to Africa, there is no way eagle will not qualify for 2026 World Cup. It is good they did not lose today, all they need to do is to win as many more matches as possible.

Lesotho and Zimbabwe can be beating in the second legs, likewise others including South Africa. Only a short sighted person we say they won't qualify after just two matches.

Again your tribal filled brain will never let you guys reason...

" That a Yourba man is a president doesn't mean they should add in the number of the team" is a clear statement against the nepostic nature of Nigeria politics in recent times..

Doesn't Yourba have more appointments (qualified or unqualified) than any other tribe just because Tinubu is the president

In the write up, I made it clear this started from Buhari but your tribalistic brains will never allow you guys to reason..

Again, this is football... We need the best 11 to rule the world. I don't care if that super 11 comes from a family in Ibadan.

Hope you're happy now? People like you will want to celebrate them as Yourbas than as Nigerians..

Just wonder the kind of Idiots I share a country with, always behaving like a jungle isolated tribalmen..

Seems the real Yourbas are dulling, the sheer backward attitude of you lots have never been known until the coming of Tinubu..

I really hope this administraton goes as fast so you guys can go back to your holes and allow real Yourbas to breathe.. Spits
Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by Zetra7: 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2023
Nigeria needs to disban this team, get a new coach. and start afresh. They will never qualify in the group.

Might end up as second runner and will lose in Playoff same way they lost to a terrible bad team like Ghana..
Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by Farrason: 6:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
Zetra7:

Yes you said it first and this the proof!!
Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by nicedayontop: 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2023
The last wc qualifying team was made up of 90% ibo with an ibo man as coach yet nobody complained of tribalism despite their failure to qualify. Now, the same tribalistic people who always believe they are better than other tribes in everything have started their usual wailing and propaganda against a team that has played just 2 matches because the team is not 90% ibo. They don't see anything good in other tribe.

9 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by aQUINandmore: 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
Zetra7:

Listen dummy, super eagles low performance has been ongoing for 5 years you said, now what is your solution?

Am taking my time to analyse and recommend a solution, you're there been critically with your tribalistic filled brain..

I don't give a Bleep if Osun state gives us 11 team players that shows our love for the game..

All I don't want is because Tinubu is the president therefore Yourbas will add in number..

Don't understand how you lot demand a better nation yet all you think is tribal success..

Nigeria needs merit based performance to become true giants of Africa..

In Europe, it's so easy to see likes of Saka, musiala, Michael Olise, Alaba, chikwuemeka Emeka, Danjuma and many more excelling yet would never have had that opportunity if they were born and bred in Nigeria.

Change this rustic thinking bro..

common football analysis una bring tribalism enter. What has being igbo or yoruba got to do with the failure of the super eagles? How many yorubas are in the squad, how many new players has been introduced to the squad since tinubu became president and how many are yorubas?
And please what's the fuse about the supers falcons reaching the second stage of a world world cup, no be their mate dey win am? Super falcons won 5 awnc back to back so what's the big deal in getting to where they got to at the last female world cup?
Make una no let tribalism and dick measuring kill una.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by chicfarmer: 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2023
grin grin
Everybody should be calming down. I do not see any tribalism in this team.
Three things have happened:

1. Smaller nations are fast catching up in football. Check the trend and confirm this.
The so called big footballing countries including and especially Nigeria must sit up quickly or be shoved aside. It's already happening.
When the draws were announced I commented on that thread that these qualifiers won't be easy but many were carried away.

2. We have an unserious FA. Simple.

3. The guys born and raised abroad need time to adapt to African football; time that we do not have now. They are okay but African football is different.

Solutions:
1. Get a coach that knows African football but also has new ideas.
2. Integrate good lads from our local & African leagues.
3. NFF sit up or else we won't be at the World cup come 2026.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by Stanleymaster1: 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bad leader bring bad luck to his countries , from buhari is a good example. Hunger Don beat the players for pitch what do u expect.
Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2023
tsdarkside:
football should be scrapped....
waste of money....

You are daft....this I tell you for free.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by CrossRhodes: 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2023
tsdarkside:
nigerian football started becomin bad when they started hirin foreighn trainers....
Oh yea?
Like westerhoff, bonfere Jo?

Are they not foreign and our most successful coaches yet?
Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by Fortruth: 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2023
Zetra7:

Do you remember when Goodluck tried to get rid of corrupt NFA/NFF officials and it resulted in suspension of football….. Nigerians-especially those abroad were angry with him.

Those Niggers felt embarrassed and pressed him… GEJ gave in and football was restored.

You see, the problem is we the people. We are tribal yet want to promote what Tribal White people created in Africa for their benefit…. Why?

Because of greed and jealousy.

Europe is all tribal countries…even Ukraine that is more similar in history and Idenity to Russia than Fulani and Yoruba, is tribal….but we are doing fake “One Nigeria”…

It’s that greed and jealousy that got GEJ booted out for 2nd term, its that greed and jealousy that denied Obi his presidential mandate…. And in their place an old donkey like Buhari and old BA.BOON like Tinubu….that enriched the same colonizers the more.

We the people are not able, willing, ready to do the needful…because it is hard and scary…. We are fear fear….and that’s why being slaves seems safer- shebi we can make money and throw party and sleep with pastors and friends wife…..?

That’s black folks for you….. dancing and trending and copying AKATA on Real Housewives of Atlanta….

Nigeria going to World Cup to show the world they are still answering a slave name, singing in their masters tongue their national anthem, with OYIBO coach at the side——- NA BRO…..Make them Sidon somewhere Johrr…..

This embarrassment is getting too much
Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:52pm On Nov 19, 2023
igwebuike01:
This has always been the agenda of weak yoruba race. Follow corrupt political establishment to promote their mediocre tribal men. That's their only hope of catching up with Igbos but it always lead to national disaster

Something is wrong with most guys here, you people are so tribalistic that you input emotions to everything that has to do with the well being of Nigeria, that's why nl females left politics section for you guys to eat yourselves, yet they say you are the logical gender, see the way you want to turn sports to tribalistic war and bigotry, football that everybody love to watch and unite the nation towards a common goal, something is definitely wrong with you guys.

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by fayomim: 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2023
Zetra7:

Again your tribal filled brain will never let you guys reason...

" That a Yourba man is a president doesn't mean they should add in the number of the team" is a clear statement against the nepostic nature of Nigeria politics in recent times..

Doesn't Yourba have more appointments (qualified or unqualified) than any other tribe just because Tinubu is the president

In the write up, I made it clear this started from Buhari but your tribalistic brains will never allow you guys to reason..

Again, this is football... We need the best 11 to rule the world. I don't care if that super 11 comes from a family in Ibadan.

Hope you're happy now? People like you will want to celebrate them as Yourbas than as Nigerians..

Just wonder the kind of Idiots I share a country with, always behaving like a jungle isolated tribalmen..

Seems the real Yourbas are dulling, the sheer backward attitude of you lots have never been known until the coming of Tinubu..

I really hope this administraton goes as fast so you guys can go back to your holes and allow real Yourbas to breathe.. Spits

So what is your problem now? Is it Yorubas that are dictating football in the country now? Do you think everyone is happy with the present Eagles we have?

Please remove hatred from your heart about a tribe and talk about the issue on ground...

No tribe caused Super Eagles misfortune

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by igwebuike01: 7:55pm On Nov 19, 2023
SoNature:

Please stop blaming the Yorubas for everything; it makes no sense.

How many world-class players are in that Super Eagles squad? I guess it's the Yorubas that made CAF to enlist just Victor Osimen in their African Best Footballer for male category.

You cannot give what you don't have. Don't take political tribalism and bigotry to sports. There's a limit to everything.

Shebi yorubas present Tinubu destruction of all national institutions as yoruba triumph over Igbos? Let them bring success to Nigeria or take the blames. Even the GEJ government they accused Igbos of dominating had good economic progress as confirmed by Wale Edun

Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by fayomim: 7:55pm On Nov 19, 2023
chicfarmer:
grin grin
Everybody should be calming down. I do not see any tribalism in this team.
Three things have happened:

1. Smaller nations are fast catching up in football. Check the trend and confirm this.
The so called big footballing countries including and especially Nigeria must sit up quickly or be shoved aside. It's already happening.
When the draws were announced I commented on that thread that these qualifiers won't be easy but many were carried away.

2. We have an unserious FA. Simple.

3. The guys born and raised abroad need time to adapt to African football; time that we do not have now. They are okay but African football is different.

Solutions:
1. Get a coach that knows African football but also has new ideas.
2. Integrate good lads from our local & African leagues.
3. NFF sit up or else we won't be at the World cup come 2026.

Every Blame is on tribe now....
Re: Super Eagles Will Miss The Next World Cup. by Fortruth: 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Something is wrong with most guys here, you people are so tribalistic that you input emotions to everything that has to do with the well being of Nigeria, that's why nl females left politics section for you guys to eat yourselves, yet they say you are the logical gender, see the way you want to turn sports to tribalistic war and bigotry, football that everybody loves to watch and unites the nation towards a common goal, something is definitely wrong with you guys.

LIE LIE… You folks are the emotional ones, like your parents dem…. Using Tribalism each time…. Even in soccer jealousy do you plenty…

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Strongest Man In Nigeria Who Eats At Least 6 Times Daily / Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude / Foootball Trials In Belgium,south-africa,spain And Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.