Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,327 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family (1622 Views)

Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by hillaryj(m): 11:09pm On Jun 13, 2023
Briefly:
My dad is a muslim, (shuwa arab)
My mom is a christain.(Okrika:ijaw)
my dad met my mum in ph in the late 80s. He married my mum and the union gave birth to 4 kids. My dad started attending deper life around 2002. It was amazing seeing my dad as a christain.
our family was one of the pillars of the church in all ramifications.
all of a sudden, my dad was invited by pastors of that region. My dad was ask to divorce my mum and get back to his first wife.(my dad gave birth to 4boys in borno to a muslim woman and she is married to another muslim. He was ask to take custody of us and make peace to his first wife or remain single.
madnes, my dad don comot 4 deper lif wit all of us. He is back to his root(muslim)...i hate the members wit passion not the church....is't right or wrong by the pastors.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by taylor89(m): 11:10pm On Jun 13, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by Jashub: 11:20pm On Jun 13, 2023
This is serious confusion ...and na only God fit judge this matter rightly undecided

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by proff010: 11:21pm On Jun 13, 2023
It is very wrong.
The pastor is trying to twist the word of God about ..Till death do us part.. which simply means one wife and one husband. Your dad case is quite difference because the salvation of his soul is more important than the redemption of his former wife.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by HappyPagan: 11:21pm On Jun 13, 2023
From Allah to Yahweh and back to Allah. These Abrahamic gods are not for black men.

Deeper life and it's pastors are not your problem. People wey no gree watch TV in the 90s, get YouTube channel in the 2020s... Leave them and their wahala. And find your own story. Your Pops don try. BORNO to OKRIKA with two wives and eight kids no easy. What a life....

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by talented321: 11:22pm On Jun 13, 2023
Na the same bible wey all of us dey read na you dey quote or you get your own bible
proff010:
It is very wrong.
The pastor is trying to twist the word of God about ..Till death do us part.. which simply means one wife and one husband. Your dad case is quite difference because the salvation of his soul is more important than the redemption of his former wife.
many pastors and prophets are out their to scatter things
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Jun 13, 2023
hillaryj:
Briefly: My dad is a muslim, (shuwa arab). My mom is a christain.(Okrika:ijaw) my dad met my mum in ph in the late 80s. He married my mum and the union gave birth to 4 kids. My dad started attending deper life around 2002. It was amazing seeing my dad as a christain. our family was one of the pillars of the church in all ramifications. all of a sudden, my dad was invited by pastors of that region. My dad was ask to divorce my mum and get back to his first wife.(my dad gave birth to 4boys in borno to a muslim woman and she is married to another muslim. He was ask to take custody of us and make peace to his first wife or remain single.
madnes, my dad don comot 4 deper lif wit all of us. He is back to his root(muslim)...i hate the members wit passion not the church....is't right or wrong by the pastors.
You seem like you don't want to be honest with yourself here at all, and are out on a witch hunt. undecided

Your dad abandoned his old cult in order to find a different cult to belong to. Then when he found the conditions given to him by his new cult were no longer conducive, he ran back to the old cult he used to belong to. Why are you not apportioning a huge part of the blame anywhere in this to your dad who is the one running from one cult to the other with you lot? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by hillaryj(m): 11:55pm On Jun 13, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]The pastors don judge already.
Jashub:
This is serious confusion ...and na only God fit judge this matter rightly undecided
The pastors don judge already.
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by hillaryj(m): 12:06am On Jun 14, 2023
if u don't know u don't know. Alot of stuff within the members
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by Kobojunkie: 12:13am On Jun 14, 2023
hillaryj:
■ It is very wrong. The pastor is trying to twist the word of God about ..Till death do us part.. which simply means one wife and one husband.
■ Your dad case is quite difference because the salvation of his soul is more important than the redemption of his former wife. they don't care about his soul.
■ Most of the members fornicated before getting married. Did God neglect them?
1. There is no Word of God about "til death do us part" and there is nothing like "one wife and one husband" . undecided

2. Why didn't the man read the book for himself? If he had, he would have at least realized that no man can care for or save his soul on his behalf. undecided

3. So what? That is what religious folks do, and so? undecided
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by paxonel(m): 1:13am On Jun 14, 2023
Your dad sef e confuse o!

Choose one religion e nor go choose.
Na woman he dey follow
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by chatinent: 1:19am On Jun 14, 2023
Well, since it favours you, I am sure you are glad hence the rhetoric.

I personally think common sense should come before whatever clergymen has to say.

Like I said, since it makes you happy, carry on!
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:29am On Jun 14, 2023
sad sad People will never learn their lessons, except in the hard way.If you want peace of mind in your life, don't get too close and familiar with any Nigerian pastor.Their unnecessary interference in people's lives have caused many broken marriages, relationships and made enemies of family members.

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by Puppetmaster08(m): 5:57am On Jun 14, 2023
Na wah o
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by proff010: 7:34am On Jun 14, 2023
Does your own bible allow divorce?
talented321:
Na the same bible wey all of us dey read na you dey quote or you get your own bible many pastors and prophets are out their to scatter things
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by neonly: 8:57am On Jun 14, 2023
talented321:
Na the same bible wey all of us dey read na you dey quote or you get your own bible many pastors and prophets are out their to scatter things

I tell you dem full foursquare church too
Religion is over rated abeg
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by talented321: 9:10am On Jun 14, 2023
Una just dey misled people up and down
proff010:
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by JobNeededUrgent: 11:15am On Jun 14, 2023
hillaryj:
Briefly:
my dad met my mum in ph in the late 80s. He married my mum and the union gave birth to 4 kids. My dad started attending deper life around 2002. It was amazing seeing my dad as a christain.
all of a sudden, my dad was invited by pastors of that region. My dad was ask to divorce my mum and get back to his first wife.(my dad gave birth to 4boys in borno to a muslim woman and she is married to another muslim. He was ask to take custody of us and make peace to his first wife or remain single.
it's for his own good.
Restituion must be made as God only acknowledges the first union and your dad and his first wife are one in God's sight.
If your dad has truly repented and come to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ then he will and must go back to the first wife irrespective of whatsoever led to the divorce.
I don't know much about the fate of the second wife
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by LeopardX: 12:01pm On Jun 14, 2023
JobNeededUrgent:
it's for his own good.
Restituion must be made as God only acknowledges the first union and your dad and his first wife are one in God's sight.
If your dad has truly repented and come to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ then he will and must go back to the first wife irrespective of whatsoever led to the divorce.
I'm a deeper Life member myself and personally, i don't think this is right.

There's a saying that "if it ain't broken, don't fix it.". If he's content to live with the second wife and at least try to make the ex-wife comfortable, then so be it.

If God wanted him to do the 'right thing', let Him reveal it to the man himself and not pastors coming to dabaru everything.

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by LeopardX: 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
The Church's (Deeper Life) doctrine on marriage should be reviewed, especially when it concerns things that had already been done before the convert became a Christian and/or a member.

King Ahasuerus in the bible divorced Vashti before marrying Esther the queen. We keep quiet on that.

We know Moses married an Ethiopian woman before he married Zipporah (a Midianite). Life goes on.

The church should not interfere in marital history of new members provided there are no obvious issues between all parties concerned.

The first wife has moved on. The man has moved on. The children have moved on. Even God himself may have moved on and may not lay those mistakes to his charge.

So why creating problems again?

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by Janosky: 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
hillaryj:
Briefly:

Very wrong!!
Both from perspective of holy scriptures and the Laws of Ceasar.
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by Blue86(m): 12:42pm On Jun 14, 2023
It is wrong.

He should be with the believing woman since he is disconnected from the unbelieving wife.
But let him take care of the kids he had with the unbelieving.
Not return to her.

hillaryj:
Briefly:
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by Blue86(m): 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2023
It is wrong.

He should be with the believing woman since he is disconnected from the unbelieving wife.
But let him take care of the kids he had with the unbelieving.
Not return to her.

And also if they are making life unbearable for him in that assembly, let him leave and find a peaceful one.
There are many true peaceful assemblies of Christ Jesus in PH.

I even have one he may go to sef.

hillaryj:
Briefly:
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by IkeIgboNiile(m): 1:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
Without telling us, we already know your dad is A Yoruba Muslim because they're the only ones that change religion like cloth.
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2023
proff010:
Jesus Christ never said divorce is sin in the Kingdom of God. Rather, Jesus Christ stated that remarriage where fornication was not reason for divorce is sin. undecided
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2023
JobNeededUrgent:
■ it's for his own good. Restituion must be made as God only acknowledges the first union and your dad and his first wife are one in God's sight.
1. Restitution? But Jesus Christ never commanded Restitution. Rather, He asked His followers to abandon it all --- career, property, family(yes, wife, husband, children, father, mother, etc.), life, etc., in order to become worthy of Him -- Matthew 10 vs 34 - 38. So, of what meaning is your Restitution when Jesus Christ instead made clear that you have to give it all up for His sake instead? undecided
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2023
LeopardX:
■ I'm a deeper Life member myself and personally, i don't think this is right. There's a saying that "if it ain't broken, don't fix it.". If he's content to live with the second wife and at least try to make the ex-wife comfortable, then so be it. If God wanted him to do the 'right thing', let Him reveal it to the man himself and not pastors coming to dabaru everything.
Do you folks even pat attention to Jesus Christ at all? undecided
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by JobNeededUrgent: 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Restitution? But Jesus Christ never commanded Restitution. Rather, He asked His followers to abandon it all --- career, property, family(yes, wife, husband, children, father, mother, etc.), life, etc., in order to become worthy of Him -- Matthew 10 vs 34 - 38. So, of what meaning is your Restitution when Jesus Christ instead made clear that you have to give it all up for His sake instead? undecided
You always argue out of context.
Always learn to carefully read and comprehend before quoting next time
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by motayoayinde: 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2023
hillaryj:
Briefly:

WE WELCOME YOUR DAD BACK TO ISLAM.

WE HOPE YOU AND YOUR SIBLINGS JOIN HIM TOO.

ISLAM IS LIGHT.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by Houseofglam7(f): 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
Religion….the opium of the masses 🫤
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2023
JobNeededUrgent:
■ You always argue out of context. Always learn to carefully read and comprehend before quoting next time
You folks are ridiculous! So it is out of context to mention that rather than restitution, what God asked instead is you completely abandon it all for his sake? WOW ... una context dey ever marvel me since it never aligns with the Truth of God. undecided
Re: Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family by AkinwaleJJ(f): 4:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
Are you sure it's Deeperlife?
Please where is OLAADEGBU?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Read My Bible But / I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. / Is Christianity Really A Monotheistic Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.