Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students (40198 Views)

Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents / 'expect Worst If We Don't Resume Protest'- Sowore Warns #endsars Protesters / Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by PlayerMeji: 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
Okay

Can anybody ask Sowore what he's trying to say here?

Just simple and complicated gibberish put together to form words...

What are the average Americans going through in terms of college loans? He didn't say anything about that... He just wrote go and ask the average American...

Does he know the numbers of Americans that benefitted from college loans each year?

I think he simply wants to be in the opposition so that they will think he is a formidable entity politically.

Before Sowore go do president for this country, me I go first ham do president.
Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by Mufasa27(m): 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
angry
Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by nairalanda1(m): 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin
Sowore still would have been the first person to call Tinubu to book if Tinubu didn't fulfill his student loan promise he made in his manifesto.

Point of note. STUDENT LOAN IS NOT BY FORCE. I wonder why some people are crying all over the place. Ehish undecided

Until the fees go up

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by Media145(m): 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
How exactly? Finish Nigerian students? How?? Let's wait and see the outcome first.

Do you want to earn massive income for the rest of your life in digital publishing? Do you want to secure your financial future and say goodbye to poverty? If so, then check my signature below to buy the bestselling book on digital publishing to start making money on a monthly basis and destroy poverty permanently in your life. Get it right now.

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by nairavsdollars(f): 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
bitter soul
Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by Navalsadiq(m): 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
That student loan will work if the tuition fee is visible but if it's not it will not work.

I can assure you
Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by drugBaronTINUBU: 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin
Sowore still would have been the first person to call Tinubu to book if Tinubu didn't fulfill his student loan promise he made in his manifesto.

Point of note. STUDENT LOAN IS NOT BY FORCE. I wonder why some people are crying all over the place. Ehish undecided
But The increased school fees is by force else u stay at home
U see say ur brain dey leak

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by mployer(m): 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
500k tuition fee is coming.

Don't celebrate yet.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by oxygeng: 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ismael97:
Sowore the wailer. This sowore guy is a disgrace to every sensible young Nigerian youth. This is why he will never govern this country until he attains mental and emotional maturity
GETAT, anyone that rejects Agbado is now a disgrace, mumu.

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by drugBaronTINUBU: 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2023
oyebanji44:
Correct..it isn't by force for every student to seek for loan..

God bless you bro. ..Thank you for this

Another mumu sighted
But it's by force to the high tuition fee coming

Many of u will cry when Tinubu is done with u guys

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by Lanretoye(m): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2023
Atleast it is not by force.
Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by Greatex90: 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
Someone should tell Sowore that it's an interesting- free loan, and as a matter of fact, the government is on the losing side, except inflation drops radically

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by ravensckar(m): 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
inoki247:
Dem no put knife for anybody neck to colet Loan.....

The Loan isn't by force so why all this tears if you can du bricklayer to pay ur schl fees du it nobody's forcing anyone to take any Loan....
Sometimes it beats my imagination how a generation of people can be this daft! Like how the hell were you folks not gifted with the faculty of reasoning and discernment?

The new government is gradually washing its hands off funding education and you're here supporting them. The multi-faceted rot in our educational system hasn't been tackled wholistically. Our tertiary institutions are under-funded, our curriculums are outdated, our lecturers are under-paid, our graduates are still unemployed and even the under graduates are low on morale because of the sad tales they are hearing about unemployment.

Rather than look into all these, the president is thinking of introducing tuition fee (which is an indirect way of increasing the school fees) whilst on the other hand introducing student loan. Shey una no dey reason ni? If education remains subsidized who will need student loan?

When I was an undergraduate of O.A.U (Ile-Ife), the highest school fee my parents paid was #16,800 (as a freshman). Subsequent payments (as a stalite) were between #7000 to #9000. Will any parent need a loan to pay that kind of amount?

The government is mortgaging your future and you're here supporting them. Foolish fool! They have removed subsidy in petroleum, they have privatised electricity company, they are planning to wash their hands off funding education and a fool like you can't see the handwriting on the wall. Now ask yourself what then will the common man benefit from government?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by egopersonified(f): 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
inoki247:
Dem no put knife for anybody neck to colet Loan.....

The Loan isn't by force so why all this tears if you can du bricklayer to pay ur schl fees du it nobody's forcing anyone to take any Loan....

With what Nigerians are doing to palmpay, even non students will apply for student loans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by sandland: 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
oyebanji44:

but he wants to introduce school fees which is by force!!!

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by 43Ronin: 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
lol
Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

The force is tuition fee

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by Martinez39s(m): 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
Student loan is a trap. Don't fall into it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by inoki247: 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2023
egopersonified:

With what Nigerians are doing to palmpay, even non students will apply for student loans.

People that can't even return ordinary 2k from PalmPay and co na dem go come apply for School loan and return it na why the Terms and conditions hard...

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by Timmi: 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2023
bentennyIsBack:

https://twitter.com/YeleSowore/status/1668936330301022208?s=19

Sowore, you get it wrong and twisted up:
1. The income level to qualify is no more than 500,000-Naira for the parents of the student.
2. Student loan worked perfectly in the US and it achieved the purpose for which it is established for. I studied in the USA and was a professor of civil engineering for 25-years before retiring and coming back home. I benefited from it and know of many people that benefited from it. The problematic students are those that major in non-marketable degrees and those that took the loan and have no intention of paying it back (Nigerian mentality) and this is what I see the government have to be concerned about and make rules to safeguard payment.

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by Justbesure: 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

why people are crying is that school fees will be out of the reach of the common man even the middle class will find it difficult to train their children

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by eyinjuege: 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2023
Student loans is not for everybody
Nigerian parents will still try their best to send you to Uni.
The loans are for the very poor, whose parents cannot afford jack.
At least for those desperate to go to Uni, money should not be their deterrent.
Because Americans are complaining of student loans does not mean people are still not taking them
Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by vickymooore: 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Peter Obi still remains the "Messiah" of Nigeria. Know this and know peace ✌️

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by bigdammyj: 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Interesting...
Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by GiZcorp: 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

You don't know anything. You don't abreast with the implications yet you must say something. Hope you will help the students to pay the exorbitant school fees that will soon start to roll out. This is indirectly making school unattenable to the poor

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by Iluvmycontr3: 7:14pm On Jun 14, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

Thank you jor. It is not by force oo
Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by okoloto: 7:15pm On Jun 14, 2023
The problem is that the government wants to hands off funding education and this means higher fees. So if you are poor, you can only access education by the loan which you must pay back. Government universities will be determining their fees which will be high and you can't complain because you have an option.
Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by benitwater(m): 7:15pm On Jun 14, 2023
Sowore is a double mouthed foul that's want to be notice,
Losers club member.
Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by PlayerMeji: 7:15pm On Jun 14, 2023
Gerrarahere.... Anyone that condemns Tinubu, your nemesis, is your friend!

We will choke you with so much success stories

oxygeng:
GETAT, anyone that rejects Agbado is now a disgrace, mumu.
Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by franchasofficia: 7:16pm On Jun 14, 2023
Student loan is not ripe in Nigeria.

We are producing more than enough graduates than we can employ now, the focus should have been revamping NYSC to a Graduate entrepreneurship scheme that focuses on training graduates on viable entrepreneurship skills and giving them a startup capital to startup their acquired entrepreneurship skill during the NYSC programme that will be redesigned to become a one year intensive entrepreneurship skill training for graduates.

What Nigeria needs now is a programme that will help create jobs for youths and one sure way to achieve that is through entrepreneurship development, and NYSC can be rechannelled to achieve this goal and in no distant time Nigeria will have more employers than graduates seeking for jobs.

Yes Tinubu seems determined to surprise those that don't believe he can deliver but he seems to be embarking on the good policies the wrong way and unprepared. Maybe he is trying to buy Nigerians at all cost because of the tribunal cases he have.

The Electricity Bill is a good one, I commend him on that 100 percent.

The student loan is not ripe, we need youth employment scheme to engage millions of Nigerian graduates wasting at home jobless after graduation.

Subsidy removal is good on paper but too sudden, he should have watered the ground, put cushioning effects in place, work seriously to ensure FG refineries are working and then make them a joint venture partnership or lease them out, and coupled with Dangote own that will start operation in late 2024, Nigeria will have enough FX inflow and reduced dollar demand, by then he can start the floating of dollar.

At this point, FG would have enough dollar to supply to banks to sell to all Nigerians and CBN will mandate banks to open local ATMs to start making intl transactions, and by doing this, dollar won't shoot up to 1000 naira to 1 usd due to scarce supply and huge demand

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Is Here To Finish You Off - Sowore Warns Nigerian Students by gidjah(m): 7:16pm On Jun 14, 2023
oyebanji44:

can we be more rational sir though I do not totally subscribe to his positions , but I am sure u know that once this bill comes into action , tuition fee would be jerked to say about 500percent !!that's were u use to pay 120k,expect to make a full payment of 400k or even 350k,! How do parents who still struggle to pay 120k suddenly raise 400k working for this govt that won't increase d min wage to more than 70k ??SO ,IT BECOMES IMPERATIVE THAT PARENTS TOW THAT PATH (BORROWING )! alas, students and parents will enter one chance !! Though I ain't canvassing for his attack, but been a long time student,having friends in other nations were students loan work, I can tell you 90%of the students are not smiling till date , you are been monitored and watched , even if you get cleanest job, money would be deducted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sunshine Anifowose And Sunday Omosilade Eating With His Friends (photo) / I Feel Sorry For Tinubu, Aregbesola Has Damaged Him – Olaitan / Bukola Saraki Reacts To The Death Of Ibrahim Chatta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.