Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria (20397 Views)

Civil Servant Fights For Job After Exposing Racketeering In Works Ministry / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Dimaya: 6:45am On Jun 16, 2023
In a controversial video, a female student of a Nigerian polytechnic is arguing that she will earn 200,000 monthly as her first salary in she gets hired into the civil service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t66DkQl0j50

Dear folks in the house, please can anyone confirm if what she is saying in the video is accurate?

How much does the federal and state civil service pays entry level workers at grade level 8?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by N3TRAL: 7:23am On Jun 16, 2023
It depends:

90% on her connection, referees and backers.

5% on the quality of her certification including her IT experience.

5% on how she performs during the selection process (examination & interview).

To calculate the probability of getting an entry level engineering job with a monthly salary of 200,000 naira , we need to use the multiplication rule of probability, which states that the probability of two independent events occurring together is the product of their individual probabilities.

Probability of getting a job = 0.9 * 0.05 * 0.05 = 0.00225 or 0.225%

So the probability of her getting a job is approximately 0.00225 or 0.225%.

Life is hard πŸ˜‚

Mynd44 move this to career section.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Dimaya: 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2023
N3TRAL:
It depends:

90% on her connection, referees and backers.

5% on the quality of her certification including her IT experience.

5% on how she performs during the selection process (examination & interview).

To calculate the probability of getting an entry level engineering job with a monthly salary of 200,000 naira , we need to use the multiplication rule of probability, which states that the probability of two independent events occurring together is the product of their individual probabilities.

Probability of getting a job = 0.9 * 0.05 * 0.05 = 0.00225 or 0.225%

So the probability of her getting a job is approximately 0.00225 or 0.225%.

Life is hard πŸ˜‚

Mynd44 move this to career section.

Na so we see am
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by mechanics(m): 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
Hmmmm, not true, mine was less thank ₦80,000 when I started, it should be a little above ₦90,000.

10 Likes

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Dimaya: 8:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
mechanics:
Hmmmm, not true, mine was less thank ₦80,000 when I started, it should be a little above ₦90,000.

What parastatal do you work with?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by ExudeLoveToAll: 7:04am On Jun 22, 2023
mechanics:

You can .

A lot of parastatal pay entry more than that e.g NCDMB.

You don't use the lense of those working in the ministries and low salary paying agencies to give a definitive response .

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by mechanics(m): 7:57am On Jun 22, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

You can .

You don't use the lense of those working in the ministries and low salary paying agencies to give a definitive response .
It depends on the salary structure.
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Dimaya: 7:41am On Jul 03, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

You can .

please what agencies pay more than 200K as starting wages?

2 Likes

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by BluntCrazeMan: 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2023
Habbaaaaa
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Blueace247(f): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2023
Bb
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by iammo(m): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2023
cool

Maybe CBN or DSS, NIA earns good pay too

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by BluntCrazeMan: 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2023
Dimaya:
In a controversial video, a female student of a Nigerian polytechnic is arguing that she will earn 200,000 monthly as her first salary in she gets hired into the civil service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t66DkQl0j50

Dear folks in the house, please can anyone confirm if what she is saying in the video is accurate?

How much does the federal and state civil service pays entry level workers at grade level 8?

I don't think she is referring to her Salary here..

She might be referring to tips..
And any other side-stuffs and side-hustles she would be actively involved in while she did her major works in her office..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Sijo01(f): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2023
Depends on the Ministry/parastatals

4 Likes

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by emperor4love(m): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2023
Nimasa nd npa pays more than that

9 Likes

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by GeneralPula: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2023
If she say so, maybe one person don tell her so..

2 Likes

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by OkayDaddy: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2023
She can.
After working 8 to 5 as a civil servant, she will how work 6pm to 7am as an armed robber.

Jokes apart though, there are some agencies where entry level earns more than that by way of allowances.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Jcomtrader: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2023
Some agencies pay 300 to 500k
But crazy connection needed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by BluntCrazeMan: 3:08pm On Jul 03, 2023
emperor4love:
Nimasa nd npa pays more than that

For Entry Level.??

For Level-8??
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by OkayDaddy: 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

For Entry Level.??

For Level-8??

Some agencies pay more than that. If you know what NDIC pays ehn.

There's this NNPC subsidiary that is into crude oil trading. My brother, you may not touch your salary in 5 years. Legit allowances o, not bribe.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by samsard(m): 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

For Entry Level.??

For Level-8??
I know an agency or few that pay that much for entry level. Graduate though of course.

1 Like

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by BluntCrazeMan: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
OkayDaddy:

Some agencies pay more than that. If you know what NDIC pays ehn

Ok then..

Maybe she's actually referring to one of such SPECIAL Offices and Parastatals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Jcomtrader: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

For Entry Level.??

For Level-8??

Those agencies no dey send those figures you call level
You think entry level cbN and a normal ministry earn the same. Joke is on you cheesy
A cbn staff can take up to 30M naira loans. Which normal civil servant had access to such?

Ordinary staffs In DPR were buying houses in lekki 12 years ago.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Arisenews2: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
Heard they are agencies who even pay more. A police friend told me few days ago that graduates of Police Academy earn over 200k for a start. Don’t know how true!

Meanwhile, see how JJ Okocha and 9 other super Eagle footballers went broke after a successful football career in Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8ZG32ORuww
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by BluntCrazeMan: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
samsard:
I know an agency or few that pay that much for entry level. Graduate though of course.
Ok naa..

Such Agencies are the real Government Workers..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by OkayDaddy: 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Ok then..

Maybe she's actually referring to one of such SPECIAL Offices and Parastatals.

Yeah.
They don't advertise their recruitments tho.
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by BluntCrazeMan: 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2023
OkayDaddy:

Yeah.
They don't advertise their recruitments tho.
I see..

Ok Naa.
Let them continue to BREEEETHH

1 Like

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by NaijaCover(m): 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2023
Is Following The Update
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by RECTEM: 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
j
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by lonelydora: 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
Should we tell her?

Level 7 in any civil service is about 67k consolidated

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2023
Naso them go dey lie ooo

Where you wan take see government entry level jobs for 200k unless say maybe multinational corporations or reputable companies

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are All Africans Studying Nursing In America? / 5 Reasons Why ACCA Is Better Than ICAN / Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.