Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,361 members, 7,829,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria (20519 Views)

Civil Servant Fights For Job After Exposing Racketeering In Works Ministry / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by kevoh(m): 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2023
Graduates, be ready to earn less than 70k per month if you find yourself in a ministry or government agency. 70k is the best you will earn. This counts for about 40% of the civil service workforce (minus state, those ones are earning worse)

On the other hand, many MDAs, let's call them Tier 3, will pay you 70k to 110k as entry level. Tier 3 Counts for about 20% of the workforce. This used to be for those with not much connection but these days, even those with high connection are scrambling for these low paid ones.

Tier 2 MDAs can start from 150k to 200k. These ones are like 10% and are already saturated! Your connection has to be super strong.

Tier 1 MDAs never disclose their salary, you won't even know they exist. Just one obscure agency that is not oil based like NNPC but still taking home more up to 400k per month as entry.

However, just pray to get a better agency as it's not often about the salary. Some agencies pay 70k but have mouth watering allowances!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Peterson03(m): 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
Dimaya:
In a controversial video, a female student of a Nigerian polytechnic is arguing that she will earn 200,000 monthly as her first salary in she gets hired into the civil service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t66DkQl0j50

Dear folks in the house, please can anyone confirm if what she is saying in the video is accurate?

How much does the federal and state civil service pays entry level workers at grade level 8?

why go for 200k when you can go for me.
Hey guys, I want to help 2 persons learn the number 1 high income skill in the world which is copywriting!

Hey guys, I want to give two persons 20% scholarship into the Bachelor of copywriting course. Let me know if you are interested.. Fastest finger first o!! 08159563862
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by SmartyPants(m): 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2023
Dimaya:

please what agencies pay more than 200K as starting wages?

Many. CBN, NFIU, Sovreign fund folks all get more
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by phemmyfour: 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
Dimaya:
In a controversial video, a female student of a Nigerian polytechnic is arguing that she will earn 200,000 monthly as her first salary in she gets hired into the civil service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t66DkQl0j50

Dear folks in the house, please can anyone confirm if what she is saying in the video is accurate?

How much does the federal and state civil service pays entry level workers at grade level 8?

That's too small, over 10yrs ago I earned 180k at level 7
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by jimakeabi: 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2023
Is possible, if she can get job for Airforce
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by captainbangz: 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2023
Sniper101:
Here in Rivers State with your B.Sc which places you at Grade 8, depending on the parastatal or ministry you're employed in, you're sure to earn around 154k to 172k as your Gross Salary.

I know not anywhere in Nigeria where a B.Sc holder earns UpTo 200k as Gross payment in a Federal or State government establishment.
Net payment? It's possible.
There are sir. Plus, I believe you're confusing net and gross.

3 Likes

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Rinoxy: 8:17pm On Jul 03, 2023
lonelydora:
Should we tell her?

Level 7 in any civil service is about 67k consolidated
You're right. Infact it used to be around 49-51k before the MW increase.

1 Like

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Rinoxy: 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2023
Fkj2021:

Level 8 gets less than 150k
Which MDAs are you referring to? Be specific, because na the federal wey all of us dey o!
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Fkj2021: 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2023
Rinoxy:

Which MDAs are you referring to? Be specific, because na the federal wey all of us dey o!

Bros I dey level 8 for education and my salary nor reach that amount.
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by bassey08: 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2023
Hmmm, I pity ur understanding...... My dear except another country......if na normal state or federal government. That pay not possible.
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 9:11pm On Jul 03, 2023
lonelydora:
Should we tell her?

Level 7 in any civil service is about 67k consolidated
100%

1 Like

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Judolisco(m): 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2023
mechanics:
It depends on the salary structure.
depends on d parastatal

2 Likes

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Rinoxy: 10:52pm On Jul 03, 2023
muyico:
civil defend pay more dan dat 4 o level graduate "SSCE"
Calm down, I have friends in nscdc who entered as graduates, how much are they earning that an O level entrant would be paid more than 100k?
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Rinoxy: 10:53pm On Jul 03, 2023
vexing:
Person wey know, know. Person wey no know, no know. Some federal agencies pay far more than that for entry level but they are few. You don't expect them to come out and be mentioning names. If you like believe, if you no like, no believe. Those wey dey collect the money know wetin dem dey collect.
Its not a secret, these agencies are known by all and sundry.
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Rinoxy: 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2023
Sniper101:
Here in Rivers State with your B.Sc which places you at Grade 8, depending on the parastatal or ministry you're employed in, you're sure to earn around 154k to 172k as your Gross Salary.

I know not anywhere in Nigeria where a B.Sc holder earns UpTo 200k as Gross payment in a Federal or State government establishment.
Net payment? It's possible.
I believe you know we ain't talking about gross pay here; take home is the subject topic.
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Rinoxy: 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2023
phemmyfour:
That's too small, over 10yrs ago I earned 180k at level 7
Where?
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Rinoxy: 10:57pm On Jul 03, 2023
Fkj2021:

Bros I dey level 8 for education and my salary nor reach that amount.
I guess it's the person I quoted you're referring to?
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Fkj2021: 11:09pm On Jul 03, 2023
Rinoxy:

I guess it's the person I quoted you're referring to?

Might be but I work with federal government and currently Contiss level 8. My brother salary nor reach 150k
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Rinoxy: 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2023
Fkj2021:

Might be but I work with federal government and currently Contiss level 8. My brother salary nor reach 150k
I also work with the FG, level 9 133k.
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by habeebu: 12:18am On Jul 04, 2023
MDAs at D state level pays less than 80k an less of a difference at federal.
FG Agency or company in D oil or finance sector could possibly Pays close to 200k
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by allthingsgood: 6:40am On Jul 04, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

You can .

A lot of parastatal pay entry more than that e.g NCDMB.

You don't use the lense of those working in the ministries and low salary paying agencies to give a definitive response .

Is parastatal civil service
Entry level civil service is about 50k
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 7:51am On Jul 04, 2023
I don't know why we government employees like faking our salary, like this is a basic knowledge that almost everybody can get no Matter how we hide it. My salary as an immigration officer level 9 is 100k go and confirm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by mechanics(m): 8:05am On Jul 04, 2023
Judolisco:
depends on d parastatal
We are saying the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:43am On Jul 04, 2023
allthingsgood:

Is parastatal civil service
Entry level civil service is about 50k

It is, they are actually supervised by the ministries but with core functions and they have their emonuments different from the ministries.

1 Like

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:52am On Jul 04, 2023
Dimaya:

Examples

1.NCDMB
2.Nigerian Communication Commission
Nigerian intelligence Agency
3.NUPRC Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission
4.NMDPRC
5.NNPC

These are just a few that pays or have potential to pay more than you enumerated. I can say for sure for option 1. with specific figure of 350k for a Graduate Trainees but don't know of any other in the list but they all have potential to suppasse your actual figure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by allthingsgood: 10:17am On Jul 04, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

It is, they are actually supervised by the ministries but with core functions and they have their emonuments different from the ministries.

Stop saying what u don't know. Civil service refers to those employed by civil service commission, not public service. And it's emoluments, not emoluments ok.
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Love800(m): 11:35am On Jul 04, 2023
Goodmorning sir.

Sir, what is the difference btw public and civil servant?

And what is the difference btw parastatals, agencies and departments?
allthingsgood:

Stop saying what u don't know. Civil service refers to those employed by civil service commission, not public service. And it's emollients, not emollients ok.
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Elibaba1: 11:52am On Jul 04, 2023
Dimaya:

Haba, them many na.
NCC, Nigeria communication commission. all our calls and data goes here. They regulate the telcos (MTN, AIRTEL, ETISALAT, GLO etc. including broad bands and other network and data providers like Elon Musk starlinks. The NCC as an agent is under the ministry of communications and digital economy. If you see the office building in Maitama ehhhh! You can’t enter this place as a nobody, you are required to bring recommendation or acknowledgement letter.

NSIA( Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority) - responsible for channeling all allocated revenues to save in our foreign reserves and excess crude accounts the deal majorly in “Dollars” . Late Abba Kyari ensured his daughter’s appointment before he died of covid in 2020.

2. NSPM(Nigeria Security Printing and Minting) responsible for printing our naira notes. Aisha Buhari secured her blood brother the job . In fact he is the head of NSPM.

NIA (National intelligence Agency) formed and structured just like the CIA in US . Their duty is to collect intelligence on security along borders and work secretly for Nigeria in other countries especially in aspect of security informations without getting noticed. The NIA is situated in Abuja with only a branch in Lagos all other officers in this network are scattered abroad. They usually payed in hard currencies. The NIA is under the presidency

We have other juicy agencies like the Inland water water ways and NPA (Nigerian port Authority)under Ministry of Transport

ONSA too ( Office of the National Security Adviser)

The NFIU (Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit) Under the CBN -responsible for collecting and analyzing disclosures from reporting organizations, in order to produce financial intelligence to other agencies combating money laundering, terrorism financing, and other financial crimes.

Them too many. One of the best thing that can happen to anyone is to work in Federal agencies in this country. The remuneration and allowances are too good.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by ExudeLoveToAll: 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2023
allthingsgood:

Stop saying what u don't know. Civil service refers to those employed by civil service commission, not public service. And it's emollients, not emollients ok.

@bolded what are you saying Mr. Know it?
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by Zigzagman: 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

@bolded what are you saying Mr. Know it?

breakfast served grin grin grin
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2023
Zigzagman:

breakfast served grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria by allthingsgood: 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2023
Love800:
Goodmorning sir.

Sir, what is the difference btw public and civil servant?

And what is the difference btw parastatals, agencies and departments?

Public servants refers to all persons employed in all Ministries Departments and Agencies. It is a wider term that also includes civil servants. Civil servants on the other hand are only those persons employed by the Civil Service Commission i.e those in Ministries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dolapo Badmus Becomes Chief Superintendent Of Police / Lose Weight Or You Risk Losing Your Job. Customs Boss Charge Officers / Staff Of Rivers Development Agency Protest Over 24months Salary Owed By Wike(pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.