Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 (13953 Views)

We Did Not Solicit Cvs From Unemployed Nigeria -labour And Productivity Minister / Federal Ministry Of Labour Not Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by Nobody: 1:56am On Oct 05, 2011
oga faithful32 don't mind the grammar crazy ingrates. i appreciate your information and would like to encourage you not to give up for fear of criticism.

I understand your message perfectly. IDEA IS NEED (this is for you, jobless, ungrateful and insensitive grammarians)
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by Nobody: 2:07am On Oct 05, 2011
Morufoye, you should understand that communication isn't complete when people on the receiving end don't comprehend. Your audience are mainly nigerians. so, if you speak English like Latin or any way we're not familiar with, you'll be miscommunicating. And as much as i know of NLers, you sure get the knocks for it.

the only information in the entire thing the poster has to say is probably the Title. However, i'm glad to know about NLC's resolve and would like them to do a similar thing about the SACK OF NON-INDIGENES IN ABIA STATE CIVIL SERVICE.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by switch47(m): 2:12am On Oct 05, 2011
Airtel did not sack workers HERE is the true story !!
This story is totally incorrect, factually and otherwise.
Airtel, in the first place, doesn’t have as many staff in Nigeria. Secondly, Airtel did not sack a single member of staff. The purported staff, who are claiming that they were sacked, are Call Centre Agents, who are employees of two Agencies--------------- http://www.naijahood.com/2011/10/did-airtel-sack-3000-customer-care.html
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by Jenifa1: 2:15am On Oct 05, 2011
Most Chinese guys that work in Nigeria are actually prisoners in china and are brought here as a form of punishment to serve out their terms( I have done business with loads of them and some say it) and they want to be called master or what crap
I weep for my people.
when will we Africans ever learn

switch47:

Airtel did not sack workers HERE is the true story !!
This story is totally incorrect, factually and otherwise.
Airtel, in the first place, doesn’t have as many staff in Nigeria. Secondly, Airtel did not sack a single member of staff. The purported staff, who are claiming that they were sacked, are Call Centre Agents, who are employees of two Agencies--------------- http://www.naijahood.com/2011/10/did-airtel-sack-3000-customer-care.html

so what about 60% pay cut.
pls don't try to excuse airtel here.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by okeyxyz(m): 2:19am On Oct 05, 2011
mehn what's going on here? i almost suffered brain trauma from reading this post. really what's happening to nairaland that stack & semi\partially literate people are now making front page on nairaland. this is becoming very embarrassing. seun should realize that nairaland has become a flagship forum website for nigerians & on which we are evaluated by others, so i truly don't see why such a disgrace of writing should make front page. Really, if the OP is one of the staff so affected by the lay-offs, then please i'd like to fire him again & send him back to primary school which he must have skipped while growing up.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by Nobody: 3:07am On Oct 05, 2011
@Poster, could you please try and modify and correct your contents in the thread. Don't let critisizms stop you posting when next you have important news; but you just don't have to do it messy again like you did this one. You can use Ms Word to correct your grammar before posting on nairaland, ok.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by arsenefc: 3:32am On Oct 05, 2011
emmatok:

O boy, your own worst past the OP.

You are comparing two things/people and you think its right to use "worst?"

You are the worst of all.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by Nymphnode(m): 4:00am On Oct 05, 2011
kay-one:

You can use Ms Word to correct your grammar before posting on nairaland, ok.
MS word would tell him to reconsider fragment or something like that, besides he is posting from a china phone. We all know that T9 dont work perfectly on those kind of phones. Yet, we must say NO to modern slavery
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by itiswell1(m): 6:38am On Oct 05, 2011
I think it is high time they are sent out of our country. Well, who can blame them when our leaders will never do the right thing.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by leoanrd200: 6:54am On Oct 05, 2011
NLC should please act and act fast. Indians cannnot be playing with Nigerians in our own country. It cannot happen in Ghana or any other place.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by Digriz(m): 7:00am On Oct 05, 2011
Smilenw:

I do not blame them for bringing people from India smiley See the kind of English they had to put up  with cheesy
blame yourself first
Okija_juju:

If the OP was one of the 4000 workers fired by AIRTEL, then who can blame them,
examine your head first before attacking the poster,he had made his point and everyone understood him.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by anthoniaz(f): 7:12am On Oct 05, 2011
grin Didn't get anything 4rm d msg 2.Bt 2 b frank,d slavery is 2 much.Imagine an Airtel KYC agent registering sim cards at d rate of N25 per sim. embarassed
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by samyng(m): 7:17am On Oct 05, 2011
[size=13pt]Thumbs up to the NLC because i can't imagine the number of people that were affected this guys have mind oo wow 4000 staffs shocked shockedcheesy cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by Gbenge77(m): 7:21am On Oct 05, 2011
good.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by kosoro: 7:30am On Oct 05, 2011
arsenefc:

You are comparing two things/people and you think its right to use "worst?"

You are the worst of all.

You should know that was pidgin. Una no be naija or una just won say something make we know say una don talk too?
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by knotty(m): 8:06am On Oct 05, 2011
I thought Amos Tutuola was dead. How did he come back to write this stuff for this man.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by iyaibeji1: 8:12am On Oct 05, 2011
embarassed Please who posted this report and is he/she a staff of Airtel? i will recommend a full year tutorial on English as i could not understand a single word he/she wrote. Maybe this report should be removed and reposted with a better write up to enable us contribute better. Thank you.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by freecocoa(f): 8:15am On Oct 05, 2011
Abeg joor,all of you shouting about the grammar just want to show yourselves,we are talking of how to help fellow Nigerians here and you people are busy talking something else,stop claiming you don't understand what OP is trying to pass across cos you all do,what's pissing me off is that am sure OP's grammar is better than that of those wicked indians,just because OP wrote about it doesn't mean he's one of the affected.

That someone's english is not perfect doesn't make him a DUNCE,I know many people who speak posh english but can't solve the simplest arithmetic or balance a chemical equation etc,its high time this country sets its priorities right. After all no be must say all of us go sabi english.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by switch47(m): 8:17am On Oct 05, 2011
"This story is totally incorrect, factually and otherwise. AIRTEL did not sack any staff hear their side of the story !!
Airtel, in the first place, doesn’t have as many staff in Nigeria. Secondly, Airtel did not sack a single member of staff. The purported staff, who are claiming that they were sacked, are Call Centre Agents, who are employees of two Agencies, who provide Agents for two partners, Tech Mahindra and Spanco-who provide Airtel Call Centre Services.
Contrary to the report here, which sadly was unchecked/unverified was that the Agents, about 1545 of them were out of contract by Friday, Spetember 2011. Tech Mahindra and Spanco have indicated in a joint statement that they would like to hire agents directly on their roll, which will include new Agents and some of the old Agents, who meet their specifications.
So, Airtel did not sack any Agents as they were not Airtel’s employees and Airtel does NOT run Call Centres.
I have also attached the joint statement by Tech Mahindra and Spanco here:Airtel Nigeria

http://www.naijahood.com/2011/10/did-airtel-sack-3000-customer-care.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-775106.0.html
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by cinzo: 8:17am On Oct 05, 2011
Its Indian english!
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by omotonice: 8:26am On Oct 05, 2011
I wonder why we keep complaining about the OP english?I think the message is clear.This is a clarion call,we must all stand against this mordern slavery and servitude.The days of monkey dey work and baboon dey chop are over.The country belongs to us and we must not fold our arms and allowsome crooks from countries that are not even better than NGR economically jst because of skin colour to take the good of our land away.I therefore stand in full support of NLC to fight this injustice and crime against humanity and Im sure we'll come out victorious.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by geosegun(m): 8:27am On Oct 05, 2011
I don't know why some people want to commit suicide over one foreign language through which our forefathers were enslaved.
I am sure the OP can write better than that. Probably use his phone and typed in annoyance cum hurry. So, pls do not crucify him any longer.

NLC MUST CLOSE ALL AIRTEL OPERATIONS INCLUDING AIRTEL HEADQTRS AND IF POSSIBLE SWITCH OFF ITS MAINS
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 05, 2011
The phenomenon of 'unemployable graduates' is typified by the OP and his post. Absolute disgrace. And yet some of his kind would have the audacity to question their employers over pay-cuts and retrenchments. With your poor communication skills, evident mediocrity, and limited usefulness it is intriguing that you still feel entitled to executice salaries. If I had to employ these types it would be impossible for me to pay them even a kobo beyond minimum wage (N18,000/month), considering that they can only be useful as cleaners, messengers, security guards, etc.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by kushe: 8:34am On Oct 05, 2011
@gbogbo yin te gbo oyinbo

the humour became stale when every other respondent was shocked by the bad grammar in the original post. now guys, get over it,the written whatever was bad but u all got the koko of the gist.

rather than laff ur behinds off at the plight of this man or whatever group he is representing,take time out to imagine the future of a country whose secondary school students are consistent in their failure of their sixth form exams and whose irresponsible government is busy mortgaging the future to the highest bidder.

nigeria is in soup and for all u laffing,this guy could be your nephew in twenty years time if the degradation of our systems continue,whether naa shell,chevron or goldman sachs u dey dey lounge,remember eni lari, a mo ola.

even those in the financial heart of london are hearing it and living in apprehension everyday,my point being there is no safety net anywhere,and with a looming secound round recession,should nigerians really fold their arms and watch the gradual erosion of a potential middle class.

ur news media be busy talking politricks on a daily , while the world that feeds u is sitting on a keg of gunpowder and taking a f.ag .if u hav a job ,well thank ur God,but it aint enuf that u are comfy,the multiplier effect of a stifled economy is that u never really know whats up with ur own job and if u are not careful,u might be the one posting next on a rather similar situation but this time in impeccably written english.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by Akainzo(m): 8:37am On Oct 05, 2011
geosegun:

I don't know why some people want to commit suicide over one foreign language through which our forefathers were enslaved.
I am sure the OP can write better than that. Probably use his phone and typed in annoyance precipitate hurry. So, pls do not crucify him any longer.

NLC MUST CLOSE ALL AIRTEL OPERATIONS INCLUDING AIRTEL HEADQTRS AND IF POSSIBLE SWITCH OFF ITS MAINS

And after the business goes burst, would you provide employment for the over 10,000 that would be affected? Or would NLC now agree to pay the salaries of those affected by the collapse of the company?
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by geosegun(m): 8:38am On Oct 05, 2011
switch47:

"This story is totally incorrect, factually and otherwise. AIRTEL did not sack any staff hear their side of the story !!
Airtel, in the first place, doesn’t have as many staff in Nigeria. Secondly, Airtel did not sack a single member of staff. The purported staff, who are claiming that they were sacked, are Call Centre Agents, who are employees of two Agencies, who provide Agents for two partners, Tech Mahindra and Spanco-who provide Airtel Call Centre Services.
Contrary to the report here, which sadly was unchecked/unverified was that the Agents, about 1545 of them were out of contract by Friday, Spetember 2011. Tech Mahindra and Spanco have indicated in a joint statement that they would like to hire agents directly on their roll, which will include new Agents and some of the old Agents, who meet their specifications.
So, Airtel did not sack any Agents as they were not Airtel’s employees and Airtel does NOT run Call Centres.
I have also attached the joint statement by Tech Mahindra and Spanco here:Airtel Nigeria

http://www.naijahood.com/2011/10/did-airtel-sack-3000-customer-care.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-775106.0.html

At what cost?. Paying graduate employee a meager 29600, 6 days a week etc,
DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?
ARE YOU A NIGERIAN OR A SABOTEUR? ARE YOU PAID FOR THIS?
DO YOU HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS WORKING THERE AND WHAT IS YOUR INTEREST?

TRULY U ARE NOT PATRIOTIC AND THE LIKES OF YOU MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO HOLD ANY PUBLIC OFFICE.
INFACT YOU SHOULD BE ,   you ve pissed me off hence

I am out of here
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by ikoha: 8:45am On Oct 05, 2011
the typing is as dumb as the post. what a nonsense!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 05, 2011
My Fellow Nigerians believe it or not, this is the kind of written English most people you know will write.
If you are in doubt, tell your brother, friend, cousin, neighbor and colleague to stop abbreviating those words when next they want to send you those text messages, e.mails and updating their facebook and twitter status and i assure you, you will be amazed at the wrecked level our Educational Institutions   has degraded into.

A former minster once said "MOST NIGERIAN GRADUATES ARE UNEMPLOYABLE". With a writeup like this from a graduate will are left with no other option than to concur  with the minister.

People like this poster are the ones who give the Federal Government an excuse for the high rate of unemployment in this country.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by fisayo: 8:46am On Oct 05, 2011
Dear Poster,

I followed your thread from Twitter and I must say that I really don't understand what you're saying. Perhaps you could try to explain in clearer terms?
If you're a staff that affected, is this how you've been communicating with the Nigeria public?

Thank you
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress To Close Down Airtel Nigeria Starting Oct 4 2011 by Akainzo(m): 8:50am On Oct 05, 2011
geosegun:

At what cost?. Paying graduate employee a meager 29600, 6 days a week etc,
DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?
ARE YOU A NIGERIAN OR A SABOTEUR? ARE YOU PAID FOR THIS?
DO YOU HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS WORKING THERE AND WHAT IS YOUR INTEREST?

TRULY U ARE NOT PATRIOTIC AND THE LIKES OF YOU MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO HOLD ANY PUBLIC OFFICE.
INFACT YOU SHOULD BE ,   you ve pissed me off hence

I am out of here

By your reckoning, anybody with differing opinion must be a paid agent! shocked shocked You do need to learn to be calm, analyze issues before going off on an handle. It would do you a whole world of good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Used To Think This Is A Joke Until Is Saw This (pics) / Working With Arik Air / Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.