Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Working With Arik Air - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Working With Arik Air (13965 Views)

Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air / What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? / Arik Air Vacancies (2) (3) (4)

Working With Arik Air by Tamedu: 4:55pm On May 23, 2008
My fellow nairalander,this is just an advice for you all. Please don't leave your present job to take up any kind of job with ArikAir. I have friends who did this and the decision is one of the worst ever taken by them. The working environment there is the worst than working with Indians. They have one animal like man as their chairman.His passion is sacking people without any cause. I learnt he once sacked a whole department. He did not respect the contract lettergiven to his staff and pay no attention to their welfare. His nickname is Mr. Point and kill.

He has set the expatriate against Nigerians and branded his fellow Nigerians as thieves. This is a man who is being exposed now by probe into NIPP.

You can find out from those working there,they will tell you more. It is getting to a time when NLC will be drafted into this.

So, a word is what?
Re: Working With Arik Air by emmigrant0(m): 5:13pm On May 23, 2008
Tamedu, well it is highly disheartening to hear this especially at this point in time when things are so difficult for Nigeria and Nigerians home and Abroad with south Africa as a case study. But i want advice Nigerians Working there that they should remember that they are in their Father land and be prepare to take the bull by the horn. the so called my Point and Kill is a foreigner and should not become a god (small G in quote) in our own land, rather should be seen as an ordinary man. They should go with the slogan "SOLIDARITY FOREVER", "ANOTHER CHALLENGE" or "ALUTA" etc and face the Bastered. I once did it to one bastered Lebanese and until i left the organisation he was calling me a REBEL. See i want to assure you guys working there that Labour is solidly behind you, just write officially to them and as for me go and take the bull by the horn, if you are demonstrating make sure the press is there so that your case will be clear to Nigerians.
Re: Working With Arik Air by dandollar1: 5:23pm On May 23, 2008
what is even wrong with all these airlines and foreigners sef?
Re: Working With Arik Air by magrin: 6:44pm On May 23, 2008
our problem is that we have made ourselves so inferior to them and we dont love ourselves, can any of us go abroad and do this to them ? they will deport you within a blink of an eye.

Until we stop seeing them as superiors and let them know that no matter what is happening in our country they cannot take us for a ride because they are making money in our country this cannot stop. pls naija lets try to love ourselves it will go a long way in helping us.
Re: Working With Arik Air by Tamedu: 12:47pm On May 25, 2008
My good friends, the irony of the situation is that the Chairman is a Nigerian from Edo State and not a foreigner at all.
Re: Working With Arik Air by emmigrant0(m): 8:45am On May 26, 2008
I know from the on set that the chairman is from Edo State but remember also that the so called whitees will always make him believe that they are expatriate and can handle situations which i refer to as SHOWS. Then what do you think a foolish Nigerian will do in as much as his money continues to pile as a result of slavery?

Those working in such a useless organization like Arik Air should just stick to my earlier Advise and report to labour or Organize a Union of their own and demonstrate peacefully therafter attack the beggars.

This useless whitees, i can bet are always scared of Union so do something guys.
Re: Working With Arik Air by graffiti: 11:26am On May 26, 2008
Hmmn,
A friend friend of mine recently got a job with them as cabin crew and i'm so happy for my buddy.
What are you guys talking about??!!
Re: Working With Arik Air by Tamedu: 1:28pm On May 26, 2008
Gaffiti,I'm not trying to run down the company as it suppose to be a good omen for us the younger generation. My only concern is the treatment being given to the younger ones who left their job to pursue a career in the company. Loosing a job immediately you just left one to me is the greatest job in the world.

I think your friend must have spent up to a month there now,tell him/her to tell you the story. If it is different from mine, let us share it here.
Re: Working With Arik Air by graffiti: 2:18pm On May 26, 2008
@Tamedu
The emplyment is barely a week old, so my friend does not know much about the place yet.
But I really pray for the best for my friend.
Plus I hope the pay is encouraging?
Are you a member of the cabin crew too?
Re: Working With Arik Air by goatmeat: 5:39pm On May 28, 2008
Men,
thanks for this thread oh! i am a staff of arik and i can attest to the fact that arik is a terrible place to work.
I'm gonna tell you guys true stories that will sound like fiction.
just wait and read
Re: Working With Arik Air by Tamedu: 4:39pm On May 29, 2008
Goatmeat,I can see that you are truly an Arik staff. Why? I learnt your chairman call his staff GOAT,MONKEY and all sort of animal's name. No wonder you are a goatmeat. No be yabbing o my brother/sister, I truly learnt the place is terrible as you said. God will help us in Nigeria.
Re: Working With Arik Air by goatmeat: 10:12am On May 30, 2008
Ma People,
As I was saying; Arik is truly a terrible place to work. Its(Arik) staff are the least paid and the least motivated in the industry despite the fact that Arik charges the most fares( and offers the most ridiculous services;its only plus are its brand new aircraft) in the industry. Arik is the only organization that cleaners,drivers,artisans and people without W.A, E.C earn more than some officers and professionals. There is no standard and no professional way of doing things. Arik is the ONLY airline in the WORLD that does not offer rebate tickets to its staff (even after 2years of the commencement of its operation). There is no christmas package or bonus, no staff clinic or medical allowance, no leave allowance, no staff loans,even admin.staff are not allowed public holidays;except for x-mas and easter(because the Chairman is catholic).
The Chairman calls his staff monkeys and even says that the pigs in his farm are even better than the staff. He always reiterates to the white staff that "blacks are monkeys".
Staff are sacked without Oga even batting an eyelid ( instances of how staff were sacked are coming soon),and he has been able to establish a divide and rule strategy.
The MD here is a sexual pervert and devours the cabin crew at will. You(cabin crew) have to sleep with an oga so that you can go to seattle to receive the planes,etc
More gist is coming soon ( goatmeat shall even mention names of Arik people ).

Do you know that there is a vidi-board in front of the arik head office. the vidi-board is working perfectly and was constructed at over a million dollars. the chairman says that they should pull it down and ordered a new one just because he believes that finishing is not perfect(is there such a thing). the vidi-board was just utilized for a day. what a waste of funds. money that can be spent to improve on the welfare of staff.
Re: Working With Arik Air by winner4eva: 10:41am On May 30, 2008
u are really a goatmeat grin tongue
Re: Working With Arik Air by Godalone(m): 11:00am On May 30, 2008
This is terrible,NLC should intervene.
Re: Working With Arik Air by stalker(f): 11:12am On May 30, 2008
Mr Goatmeat

For the love of God and ur job, u can write about the inhumane things happening in Arik but please do not post names here in a public forum. Nairaland is not so anonymous
Re: Working With Arik Air by Nobody: 11:28am On May 30, 2008
my friend recently relocated to lagos to start a job with arik air and she said everyone is complaining at work and she is also complaining, then i advised her not to join the crowd complaining i didnt know it was that terrible, well i would advise that u guys(arik air workers) shld take heart and at the same time also look for a more friutful job GOD help us all realise our dreams, HE LOVES US.
Re: Working With Arik Air by Tamedu: 3:41pm On May 30, 2008
Goatmeat, I can see that you are really sweating writing your piece. Well, you are enjoying the euphoria of new planes with old and crude ways of treating people. No wonder your customer service is that poor. All my friends that flew you once promised not to repeat the mistake again. A friend flew to Abuja in the morning and N1,500 was added to the return price same day.

There is a saying in Yoruba that '' A beni lori, ko ni fe ki ida koja lori e''. Meaning those that kill with sword will not like the sight of the sword talkless of being dangled over his head. The money Arik is enjoying now was stolen from NIPP and this was revealed at the power probe. I learnt your chairman was just a poultry farmer by 1999. Let him come out and tell us how he got money for new planes btw 1999 and 2006 when Arik came on board. These are some of the abandoned project Ribadu was not allowed to complete. Madam Farida, you can see thieves calling innocent young Nigerians thieves.

Try and work on Arik chairman and Peter Odili fast. The company is just like a channel to repertriate our NIPP stolen money or better still a medium of money laundering. You know if they can transfer the money, why can't we use it to get new planes. We all wise for Nigeria now.
Re: Working With Arik Air by 2Legit: 5:00pm On May 30, 2008
These are really serious issues.

i hope these are not concocted stories
Re: Working With Arik Air by otokx(m): 10:38pm On May 30, 2008
All this sounds like fairy tales but am not surprised; no regulation nothing in Nigeria.
Re: Working With Arik Air by luciano80(m): 11:40pm On May 31, 2008
Goatmeat, i do agree with Stalker. you shouldn't mention names in your future analysis of the working environs of Arik air for serveral reasons.
1. you may not know it, but you may be putting your Job (funny as it might sound) at risk. Some info you might reveal might be privileged and can be traced to you. Nairaland is not so anonymous you know. you might even have legal issues should the writeup be traced to you.

2. It would be defamation on the names you mention.as much as i hate to say it, sexual gratification in the jobs is not peculiar to this country mind you. its not and never has bein a 9ja thing. so you coming up and saying Ms. A did it with Boss. B might not be the best way to get things right, atleast in your place of work. there are other ways of doing it like reporting it ( though are not attended to seriuosly undecided) unless you have personal issues with your female staffs.

so Goatmeat (ur ID is something sha), write your opinion but be very discrete about it. yes, Arik air has issues, but the thing is you guys ain't quiting, neither have you. WHY? cos in that "so called dissatisfied contempt" you still feel fortunate to have a job. and despite the name slinging from your Boss, you still try to do a good job. So address the main issue and plz don't sound like a whinner while doing it.

Luciano 4 Lyfe
Re: Working With Arik Air by Tamedu: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2008
Luciano & Stalker, I agree with you on the advice for Goatmeat. The essence of this post is not to drag anybody into problems,but to correct some wrongs in our society. I posted this when I consider what our fellow Nigerians are going through in S/Africa now. For some of us who spent few years abroad,we know what Nigerians go through to make ends meet. Must we face same in Nigeria by Nigerians too? The implication of Arik air treatment is in many fold. The company is under threat,same with passengers and Nigeria Aviation industry.

Let me share my company view with you on this. When we first got wind of Arik Air staff complaints about their management,our company head of security was given a task to investigate this. His findings from Arik staff and the last staff satisfaction survey done by the Arik shows that almost all their staffs are not happy with the management. This report was used to advice our management that no staff should fly on Arik Air to any where untill there is an improvement in this. This stand was taken as these unhappy staff can at any time sabotage the airline and the result may be too much for the airline to bear.

Another view is the recent collaboration between some sacked staff of this airline with an NGO to make noise to those concerned in this industry about the airline staff plight. They are at the final lap of their moves now. We are aware those running the company are well connected,but the noise will be too much for them to ignore. We are writing a comprehensive report to the following people on this matter.

1. The presidency- To know if this is the type of rule of law promised Nigerians
2. Aviation ministry- If this is not part of ''corners'' responsible for air mishaps in the country
3. Labour ministry/NLC- If Nigerians still need to under go this kind of treatment working in Nigeria.
4. Immigration- If Nigeria content and job quota permits white/black treatment in Arik and see if all these whites are eligible to work here
5. Nigeria air travellers- If they still want to continue travelling in new aircrafts with unhappy crews/staff
6. Catholic bishops- If this is what they preached to Arik Nebukad or they are just interested in gifts from him(We have list of all their gifts)
7. Arik lenders(Banks)- To see if their money is safe when there is problem in Arik.

We just need more confirmation from more Arik on this post as all efforts will be done to liberate them. You don't need to mention your name,just confirm all these issues and you people will be free.

And if you decide to keep quiet, all the best. Some Indian/Lebanese companies doing same thing as Arik are facing music now.

Last word for Arik management. Many airlines have come and gone(you can check their list from FAAN). Most of their earlier death is whatv you are practicing,you have a choice of making your people your asset or you make them ruin you asset. A word is enough for the wise.

Re: Working With Arik Air by Royce29: 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2008
Everyone of you have made a good case, and some very interesting comments, But we shouldn't just draws conclusions from one persons standpoint undecided . Firstly in naija, job satisfaction is a fairytale, every employee complains and feels the employer can do better no matter what they are getting paid sad . Amidst of all the complaints they neva actually quit, cuz they know whats out there. Why people continue citing instances like other companies pay all the money in the world but they neva quit and go to these places angry . My advice to you is simple do the job you were hired to do forget everyother thing around you the bible says "show me a man diligent in his work he shall stand before kings he shall not stand before mean men", also if you're faithful to another mans business God will give you your own. Just believe that you're paying you dues now and the latter end will exceed what you ever imagined.

To Mr Goatmeat no offence to you but i'm suprised that you're suprised that the chairman calls you and others like you Goat , i mean from the name you chose to use who can blame him. No sane person (even an insane person) will call another person a goat without something prompting it. so bros look inwards smiley smiley smiley
Re: Working With Arik Air by Cesc04: 1:34pm On Jun 02, 2008
Its such a shame what we nigerians are capable of doing to one another,especially our so called money bags.The Arik Air chairman is a disgrace to humanity,treating fellow Nigerians this way.That explains the fact that the company's customer service is TERRIBLE.The staff tend to channel their agression at their customers.I have had the misfortune of flying the airliner once and unless its the only assured means of getting to heaven,I arnt flying it ever again.The NLC needs to come into the matter.we cannot tolerate any money miss road idiot of a chairman (probably illitrate too) treating fellow nigerians like slaves.
Re: Working With Arik Air by Blatant: 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2008
Does anyone have facts and evidence to take these allegations up with Michael McTighe?
Re: Working With Arik Air by Sabongida: 4:52pm On Jun 02, 2008
Blatant,Who is Micheal McTighe? An MD or a rubber stamp? He can't even defend his own job in the presence of the chairman talkless of his white colleagues. The man is just enjoying the cool dollars and Nigerian babes he carries about and close his eyes to happening in the company. If na you nko? If Arik collapse today(God forbid),the man will be on the next flight to his country. Pls don't bring him to this.

All what Tamedu and goatmeat mentioned here need no more confirmation. They are all truth and nothing biut truth. Arik is not a hell for only staff,but we contractors too. As a contractor with Arik, the only two ways to get things done is either through one Yoruba guy in Marketing and Nebu's annointed son in Finance. These two guys are so powerful that even the whites need to pass through them to get favour from the almighty chairman. They can award contracts of N5 for you as N50 as far as their own share is guarantied. They are power drunk to the extent that they scare their fellow Nigerian too.

Tamedu,there is one thing I will do for you to make that report formal. I will give you the list of these two guys choice properties and fleet of auto. A copy of this will be sent to their Abacha too.

If these guys are ready to dispute any of these allegations,let them come out and say so.

Tamedu, we are with you joo.
Re: Working With Arik Air by cav: 12:11am On Jun 11, 2008
I, think pple working in Arik are not the only set of pple working under horrible conditions only that Arik is too popular for this mess and I think something should be done about it urgently.
Re: Working With Arik Air by mimi44: 10:10am On Jun 11, 2008
Its really sad. I make reservation for staff in my company with Arik but with this i am saying goodbye to them
What gets to me is that the stupid chairman stole the money and he is acting like a king.
Mr. chairman if i were u i will be a nice person cos the money u use to set up ur business belongs to the Nigerians working for you. I hope EFCC is on this dude.
Re: Working With Arik Air by goatmeat: 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2008
I'm Back! Did you guys miss me?!!
Yo Luciano80 are you calling me a whinner? Some people just don't get it!! Why should you miscontrue my voicing (or is it typing) the truth to be whinning? Mind you you cannot call spaeking the truth slander or defamation. the truth is a defence ( opinions are free, facts are sacred) and you can confirm my claims from any Arik staff.
i'm using nairaland as a platform to cry-out to the world about the injustice going on Arik. The Chairman is a bloody capitalist and he is exploiting the system (because he knows he can get away with it), He knows the right thing but he refuses to do it. let me give you guys another gist;
What I'm about to tell you happened in early october,2006. It was the 1st meeting he had with Arik staff. The first thing the wicked man said to us was "You people should feel lucky to have this job, because as you all know there are no jobs and people are outside looking for jobs". From this statement even an idiot can tell that this Baboon (he calls us monkeys and he practices ; monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. we are the ones working and he's there sucking us dry) feels that he is doing us a favour. Imagine the Callousness?!!
Sometime in 2007 there was a job interview taking place in Arik. During the interview one of the applicants ( a newly married young man) slumped and died b4 he could get to the hospital (Arik Head Office is a big building with hundreds of staff and maintenance people and there is no sick bay or clinic on the grounds).the only thing the Chairman could say when he heard of the incident was that "no interview should be held within the premises of Arik"( Such Wickedness).
He instructed H.R to rent an hotel to conduct the interviews. H.R chose Hillcrest Hotel in Opebi but after owing Hillcrest so much money ( as Arik is known to do) they axed the idea of holding interviews in hotels.
There was also the time he told the Aircraft Maintenance Manager and the Push-Back Operator( a fat elderly man) to kneel down in front of the MD and other expatriates. He called them beasts and also said that " I don't know why blacks are beasts and animals"(in front of whit people!).
Arik Pilots (are the least paid the industry) are planning to sabotage the airline because the Chairman didn't fulfill his promise of reviewing salaries by may.
I've got to go now but I promise to return with more gist. don't miss me.

TRUTHFULLY Yours,

G.M
Re: Working With Arik Air by superboi(m): 10:38pm On Jun 12, 2008
dat my is a criminal,all de while nigeria airways was in that compound there was a clinic there,i used it a couple of times,what did he convert it to?(1 long bungalow).well you people should be strong,abi you know say conny man die na conny man go bury am.thaat man will go down faster that you imagine,just give your self all the training you can and bail out of the sinking ship.stay strong and focussed.
Re: Working With Arik Air by Ajegunle1: 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2008
Tameu,Goatmeat and Sabongida, may the good lord continue to shower his blessings on you people for telling the whole world our story in Arik air. To me as a person, joining Arik Air was one of the worst decision I ever took in my life. I don't like regretting my actions,but there is cause to say this one. Most people were attracted to Arik looking at their big profile and fake document called ''contract of appointment''. In all the items of the contract, the one being respected so far is the salary(Last month own was paid this month). Others are just Edo sense of the 419 Chairman. Here in Arik, a white flight officer is being paid almost double the salary of a Nigerian pilot with more years of experience. Due to persistent meeting with the God of Arik on this, he is promising a review with targeted reduction of staff.

My worry about this whole thing is the lack of respect for staff and the manner people are being sacked.It is as bad as one leaving his home in the morning and come back without a job by 5pm. Working here is just like not really working. The staff morale is down and everybody work in fear. For God sake this an airline where people need total commitment and loyalty,but reverse is the case in Arik.

I just want people to appeal to this power drunk chairman to at least show a bit opf human feeling in his conduct. All what have been mentioned here are truth and more revealation about this man will baffle you. May God help us Amen
Re: Working With Arik Air by itswell1: 2:40pm On Jun 17, 2008
the man is my maternal uncle,sabongida -ora edo state,my mum does not see eye to eye with him,full of himself,am not surprised because a leopard cannot hide its spot.even to its relatives he behaves the same way
Re: Working With Arik Air by jaymdee(m): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2008
Thanks for the info, dat will surely put job seekers on a sound footing to avoid such dehumanising situations. lets all get unified against neo-slavery in the name of employment.

Enhance Your Writing Skills For Better Jobs / Dukwe Invitation, Are They Real? / Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94