Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,084 members, 7,835,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans (60036 Views)

100 Level NSUK Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Relationship (Photos) / Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship / Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by bigpicture001: 9:26pm On Jun 16, 2023
Acekidc4:
Why will you kill Yourself Over Loan Debt?? Why not Discuss your Problem out, Someone might help. A closed Mouth is a closed Destiny!!Sorosoke Werey!!

when you grow much older, u will understand..No one will help

2 Likes

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Candidlady: 9:27pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ashawoman82:
what's your problem

Can you solve em if itell you undecided
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Ashawoman82: 9:28pm On Jun 16, 2023
Candidlady:

Can you solve em if itell you undecided
y u always bitter towards men, them swear for u... The man wey break your heart no really try.
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Karemarealty288(m): 9:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
Flight90:

Suicide is never the answer

He was a coward.....to have killed himself cos of loan.
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Mom007(f): 9:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
Those of you that borrow money from MFB and loan apps and refuse to pay back... This one is on you. You are all evil and wicked and God will judge you.

2 Likes

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by adecz: 9:32pm On Jun 16, 2023
😐😐😐😐😐

People don't know the type of stress
and tension this guy must have faced.

A know of a guy in similar circumstances,
whose trusted staff duped customers to a tune of close to 400m without his knowledge.

Customers were looking for him up and
down with threats to life. He and his staff
go remanded at the Kaduna prisons for
months.

Imagine a responsible businessman getting
remanded in prison cell with armed robbers,
murderers, burglars etc. Using a single
bucket to piss and lying on the floor to
sleep.

And there was no clear way out because
though the staff confessed, but the money
couldn't be traced & the victims can't just
kiss their millions goodbye just like that.
And again, which friend or brother is
going to assist you pay off close to ½ billion
Just like that❗️❗️❗️

Guys, just be careful.👍👍👍👍

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Cassandraloius: 9:33pm On Jun 16, 2023
Some men are going through a lot, but been silent about your problem is not the best option, sometimes you just have to voice out.

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Chris2863(m): 9:35pm On Jun 16, 2023
Hotwest:
If he was the one owing and overwhelmed by the repayment amount then....

Nice one. He can rest peacefully now! Owing frustrated Nigerians both company or human can make you feel like Death is better than Living! Enjoy your rest manager. Debt free at the other side
another he goat spotted
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Federalis: 9:38pm On Jun 16, 2023
Common man. I would have bailed him out.
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by gentlesmithugo(m): 9:41pm On Jun 16, 2023
Acekidc4:
Why will you kill Yourself Over Loan Debt?? Why not Discuss your Problem out, Someone might help. A closed Mouth is a closed Destiny!!Sorosoke Werey!!

my bro forget the time.nobody go fit help u.forget all that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by olaniyilukman(m): 9:41pm On Jun 16, 2023
Hhansome:
I honestly do not know the job of National orientation agency in Nigeria.

Please don't kill yourself for any reason. It's so cold outside!
that NOA is the most useless agency in Nigeria
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Womanizer(m): 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2023
See what wicked debtors have caused
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Pat081: 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2023
Some problems shared may be half solved because some of that his friends will make fool off him at his back but the guy na fool why will he take his life over another person's unpaid loan when he can use a court order to take the money from them, Be careful not to drink from every Cup that is handed to you by your friends trust No One. Because a Friend today could be an Enemy tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Pat081: 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2023
gentlesmithugo:
My bro forget the time. nobody go fit help u.forget all that
hmmmmmmmmm 100% right
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by emcube50: 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2023
Thanks. I'm motivated by your kind words of encouragement.
Timoleon:
Sad sad end.

Too many people are just one more frustrating event away from a total mental breakdown.

If you are currently going through hard times please stay hopeful. With the right level optimism and a steady grinding and hustling, you’ll breakthrough. Yes, you can see your mates and sometimes younger ones doing better, know this and know peace; there are many people who had their breakthroughs in their forties and fifties.

Get up, go out. If you have to do menial jobs, do it. You’ll earn money to feed and sort some bills. People wey you dey fear say dem go judge you no care as you dey hunger and frustrate so why care about them as you dey hustle to push yourself in life.

Stay strong brother, stay positive sister. This shall pass. Believe and push harder, it surely will.
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by lildush(m): 9:53pm On Jun 16, 2023
Hhansome:
I honestly do not know the job of National orientation agency in Nigeria.

Please don't kill yourself for any reason. It's so cold outside!

Dey are just collecting salaries for doing nothing ☹️☹️☹️

2 Likes

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Timoleon(m): 9:54pm On Jun 16, 2023
emcube50:
Thanks. I'm motivated by your kind words of encouragement.

You are welcome. Just keep your head up. The world is yet to see the best of you.
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by JeffreyJunior: 10:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
There's more to the story I presume.

I don't think he would kill himself over customers' loan defaults if he hadn't given out the loans illegally or hadn't failed to follow due process.

A relative of mine who was a bank manager in the 90s had this kind of problem and was later fired.

Everyone cursed the bank because he worked really hard only to learn later on that he had been giving out loans to his friends illegally and pocketing the profits.

The bank found out after some of them didn't pay up as at when due. I was a kid but I remember the story vividly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by jaxxy(m): 10:11pm On Jun 16, 2023
There are risk safety/accessment procedures fir giving out loans by banks or finance organisations. Why wasn't any of these followed?
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by virginchaser(m): 10:11pm On Jun 16, 2023
Debtors indirectly killed him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by olumaxi(m): 10:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
He took his life because the seap self acclaimed pastor CEO is a very callous and dangerous man...he must have been on his neck

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Burruchaga71(m): 10:16pm On Jun 16, 2023
Better.
I'll rather commit suicide than to kill myself
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Ilekokonit: 10:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
dre11:
One of the deceased’s friends, who did not want his name in print, told our correspondent that “Sola made a mistake by taking his life, as he was supposed to have discussed his problem with his friends.

“The issue of suicide is becoming alarming. He made a great mistake by taking his own life because of debt. If he had shared this issue with his friends, maybe somebody would have come to his aid.

“Everyone is going through one thing or another, but our survival is anchored upon communal living and friendship. Tell people about your issues, you don’t even know who can help you, he stated.

The dead chap will possibly have considered telling his friends and relatives about his predicament but he must have decided not to tell them because MOST Nigerians don't mind their business and will use what you told them in confidence to gossip about you and mock you behind your back.

If only Nigerians were not so competitive or prone to gossiping about the predicaments of others.

Its the same reason some Nigerians in Diaspora (who were doing well financially back home but have hit a financial road block abroad especially if they don't have papers) find it difficult to throw in the towel and come back to Nigeria because their friends, families, in laws and out laws will gossip about them, label them failures and mock them to death when in actual fact if Nigerians minded their own business, such chaps just needed the space back home to think things through and forge a new path for themselves but the gossip crew made up of close friends and family will not allow them rest by calling them failures behind their back.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Moniya4Real(m): 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
As for me o... never in this life will I kill myself , even if I was convicted to die tomorrow... I still won’t kill myself today😂

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by bashlek(m): 10:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
MXrep:

Economically dead zone can't make profits to repay loan
And ya families are tropping in thousands to the states. Bitterness kill you there. Hope u hv preparing for ya Monday sleep alreadii….Ode. Igbos, second citizens
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by spencekat(m): 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2023
Omu-Aran, Bishop's village
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by poeticsoldier(m): 10:36pm On Jun 16, 2023
It is not a matter of suicide.Those who work with those micro finance will testify to it that some loan defaulted are diabolic. I know of a case of a man who went to ask for loan payment and was diabolical struck with madness.If not for his family's intervention na so he for mad finally.When he was healed,he said the last thing he remembered was that after he don Para for the defaulter.The loan defaulted told him to wait that he wanted to go and bring money from inside and that's all.

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by spencekat(m): 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2023
Shalommy:
Weaklings everywhere! Chaii... undecided
No be so.We are not wired same way.Though,suicide should not be an option.
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by SAMUEL1947: 10:39pm On Jun 16, 2023
"One of the deceased’s friends, who did not want his name in print, told our correspondent that “Sola made a mistake by taking his life, as he was supposed to have discussed his problem with his friends."

Thunder will fire you friends, na so u go talk after death. If he had come to u , u will do nothing. I almost do same last week Sunday when I was at B'division ILORIN, I have tied myself in the cell, but God touched me over debt.😭😭😭

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes / 91 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1273, 239 Discharged, 40 Deaths / Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.