Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Acura Rdx Tech Package - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acura Rdx Tech Package (1204 Views)

Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue / Acura Rdx / Acura RDX Spec, Features & Price In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acura Rdx Tech Package by limsycutey(f): 5:48am On Jun 17, 2023
I’ve been car shopping for a while and I eventually settled on an Acura Rdx 2009 Tech Package (as written in the listing). Abeg, na the tech package part dey worry me. Is it advisable? I don’t want a stressful car please.

I need advice. Thanks

Part of the appeal is that it is an SUV without the V6 engine…if there are other recommendations, I don’t mind. I’m supposed to pay and pick it up on Monday.
Re: Acura Rdx Tech Package by limsycutey(f): 5:50am On Jun 17, 2023
If you are around Lekki/Ajah and you do car inspections, leave a comment. Thanks
Re: Acura Rdx Tech Package by limsycutey(f): 8:35am On Jun 17, 2023
??
Re: Acura Rdx Tech Package by Kingdemu: 8:40am On Jun 17, 2023
limsycutey:
If you are around Lekki/Ajah and you do car inspections, leave a comment. Thanks
Contact Gazzuzz to do that for you and have peace.
Re: Acura Rdx Tech Package by MOTIONTECH(m): 11:34pm On Jun 17, 2023
limsycutey:
i do car inspections.
Re: Acura Rdx Tech Package by zanga3(f): 11:13pm On Jun 18, 2023
limsycutey:
I’ve been car shopping for a while and I eventually settled on an Acura Rdx 2009 Tech Package (as written in the listing). Abeg, na the tech package part dey worry me. Is it advisable? I don’t want a stressful car please.

I need advice. Thanks

Part of the appeal is that it is an SUV without the V6 engine…if there are other recommendations, I don’t mind. I’m supposed to pay and pick it up on Monday.

Avoid the tech package please.
Just go for the normal package.
I’ve used both, I couldn’t use the tech package past 3 months because of its frequent electrical problems.
I’ve been using the non-tech since the past three years without any problem.
RDX is a very good car only if you can avoid the tech package for that generation.
Re: Acura Rdx Tech Package by limsycutey(f): 8:43am On Jun 19, 2023
zanga3:

I’ve used both, I couldn’t use the tech package past 3 months because of its frequent electrical problems.
RDX is a very good car only if you can avoid the tech package for that generation.

Alright, thank you. I was suspecting electrical issues too but needed to be sure.
Re: Acura Rdx Tech Package by Jabia(m): 8:07am On Aug 22, 2023
This advice is false, please disregard it.

I drive an 2007 RDX with Tech Package. The Tech package adds a better sound system with more information on your dash and navigation screens.

Basic electrical components are still the same. I've had my car for 3 years now and I've not had any electrical issues. Main thing to keep an eye out for is poor mileage due to the bad (low octane rating petrol) we have in Nigeria.

I suspect this gent got a defective ride and believes it a problem with the Tech Package by default

The RDX is fun to drive!

zanga3:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Acura Rdx Tech Package by vivalavida(m): 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
Jabia:

I drive an 2007 RDX with Tech Package. The Tech package adds a better sound system with more information on your dash and navigation screens.

Basic electrical components are still the same. I've had my car for 3 years now and I've not had any electrical issues. Main thing to keep an eye out for is poor mileage due to the bad (low octane rating petrol) we have in Nigeria.

I suspect this gent got a defective ride and believes it a problem with the Tech Package by default

The RDX is fun to drive!

I concur with you. I drive a 2008 acura tsx tech package. No issue whatsoever and its been a year and 3 months I have owned it.

3 Likes

Re: Acura Rdx Tech Package by barule: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2023
I have 2012 Acura RDX tokunbo
It as been parked for 3yr and it as power steering problem any serious buyer can contact on WhatsApp 08081333882
Lagos.( Negotiable deal)

Re: Acura Rdx Tech Package by Elxandre(m): 10:38am On Mar 27
vivalavida:

I concur with you. I drive a 2008 acura tsx tech package. No issue whatsoever and its been a year and 3 months I have owned it.
How much do you spend weekly on fuel sir?
Is the fuel consumption as bad as they say?
Re: Acura Rdx Tech Package by Elxandre(m): 10:39am On Mar 27
Jabia:

The RDX is fun to drive!

What about maintenance too?
Re: Acura Rdx Tech Package by speedfreak(m): 1:04pm On Mar 28
Elxandre:

What about maintenance too?

Hello, i got a ZDX in january and i'll just drop these here since @elaxandre hasn't replied you.

1. I spend 75k plus every week from Gbagada to VI and back, i drive agressively tho so my MPG is quite poor.
2. Acura is a sub luxury brand so fuel consumption isn't it's strong suit, its worse with our 87pump gas.
3.Maintenance is a pretty expensive, parts are way more expensive and harder to source than Lexus or Infiniti.

But by God you'd enjoy the car,i smile everytime i drive the car, Handling, Acceleration, Looks, A+. Just be prepared to spend a little more than the average car owner.

1 Like

Re: Acura Rdx Tech Package by Elxandre(m): 2:14pm On Mar 28
speedfreak:

Hello, i got a ZDX in january and i'll just drop these here since @elaxandre hasn't replied you.

1. I spend 75k plus every week from Gbagada to VI and back, i drive agressively tho so my MPG is quite poor.
2. Acura is a sub luxury brand so fuel consumption isn't it's strong suit, its worse with our 87pump gas.
3.Maintenance is a pretty expensive, parts are way more expensive and harder to source than Lexus or Infiniti.

But by God you'd enjoy the car,i smile everytime i drive the car, Handling, Acceleration, Looks, A+. Just be prepared to spend a little more than the average car owner.
Boss ZDX is a monster compared to RDX na. I'm not surprised with the fuel consumption 😁
Re: Acura Rdx Tech Package by Jabia(m): 12:25am On Mar 29
speedfreak:

Fully concur with all the comments here. I'd also say it's about the same for the RDX, except you'd properly spend a bit less. That said the RDX is FUN to drive, I'd dare say it's not so far from your ZDX in how beautifully it handles grin

(1) (Reply)

2007 Benz E350 In Ibadan! SOLD / Clean Toyota Avalon For Sale / Chrysler 300 Vs Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.