Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest (28657 Views)

EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest / Microsoft Sacks Journalists To Replace Them With Robots / Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by viodemus: 9:14am On Jun 18, 2023
illiteracy na im dey worry them.
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by SavageResponse(m): 9:14am On Jun 18, 2023
borika:
I knew I would spot a very stupid comment like this, I knew it. If I may ask you boss, what has AI got to do with tea picking machine? undecided Do you even know what Artificial intelligence means? A lot of you Nigerians like to behave as if Una know something but nothing dey Una head at all

There is nothing stupid about the comment he made instead you are the idi0t here for attacking someone for making a valid observation!

1 Like

Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Brendaniel: 9:16am On Jun 18, 2023
iHart:
I didn't miss the point. When you say machines don't get sick and then say if they are maintained properly, it sounds contradictory because it is the sickness and tiredness that leads to the maintenance.

If you want the best from a machine, you don't wait or it to break down first, that is why I put maintenance, that way you can avoid it breaking down...

2 Likes

Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by oxygeng: 9:21am On Jun 18, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
Arm the machines to spray 9mm pellets at anybody approaching within 1 feet.
mad 0 cheesy cheesy
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Electorate: 9:21am On Jun 18, 2023
borika:
I knew I would spot a very stupid comment like this, I knew it. If I may ask you boss, what has AI got to do with tea picking machine? undecided Do you even know what Artificial intelligence means? A lot of you Nigerians like to behave as if Una know something but nothing dey Una head at all

Bro, nairaland has really exposed the daftness in many Nigerians, dem think sey to sabi speak English means sey dem get sense...TemplarLandry is not an exception. Dude can even tell you a tractor and cutlass has AI.

2 Likes

Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Brendaniel: 9:25am On Jun 18, 2023
brightDdon:

Well analyzed

@the movie, is the storyline same as this topic?
Thanks

A bit similar, A very wide gap between the rich and the poor, the rich were not staying on earth anymore, they stayed in an artificially built earth-like place in space called Elysium, they had almost everything they needed there while the earth was like a waste land where the poor work for the rich with machines alongside for peanuts just to survive.
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by staga: 9:25am On Jun 18, 2023
borika:

What is artificial intelligence?
How do you think machines are programmed to pick tea, or harvest crops? I doubt you have ever seen the inside of a Deere tractor.

1 Like

Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Neddyogu(m): 9:25am On Jun 18, 2023
Instead of them to go learn how to service or program the robots abi the machines no go need servicing one of these days? They should invest in themselves instead of fighting tech.
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by OlawaleBammie: 9:26am On Jun 18, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
enemies of progress.... no matter how they try to go against technology, its coming by fire or by force..

Don't worry bro, heaven is falling is not a issue for a single person

U will understand when a machine relegate some of ur relatives and u start feeling the effect in one way or the other.

Note this, every advantageous advancement has its disadvantages
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by brightDdon(m): 9:42am On Jun 18, 2023
Brendaniel:

A bit similar, A very wide gap between the rich and the poor, the rich were not staying on earth anymore, they stayed in an artificially built earth-like place in space called Elysium, they had almost everything they needed there while the earth was like a waste land where the poor work for the rich with machines alongside for peanuts just to survive.

Wow... I'll download today
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by finallybusy: 9:49am On Jun 18, 2023
Resistance to change is nothing new. Technology always wins. AI will not take many jobs. It will make mundane tasks redundant. Humans will evolve new forms of jobs to work alongside machines. The watermelons and strawberries I ate in the white man’s land were plucked and processed by human hands. AI was meant to replace those folks first. Still, nothing.
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by CodeTemplar: 9:56am On Jun 18, 2023
All through human history machines have been gradually introduced to replace human labour. It is wrong to destroy machines because of employment. Those machines produce more then humans can keep up with and therefore help drive down prices by keeping supply high.
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by montumonami(m): 10:01am On Jun 18, 2023
JagabanB:

We have been hearing this for years.
AI cañ't take over any job.
Just in case you’re yet to come to terms with this. I I lost my job to this. A computer program does it now.
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by iHart(m): 10:01am On Jun 18, 2023
Brendaniel:

If you want the best from a machine, you don't wait or it to break down first, that is why I put maintenance, that way you can avoid it breaking down...
You are right, and again to get the best from machines such that your process is not affected, is to have two of the same machine. When one is down on maintenance, the other will be up and running.

1 Like

Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Brendaniel: 10:11am On Jun 18, 2023
[quote author=iHart post=123871423]You are right, and again to get the best from machines such that your process is not affected, is to have two of the same machine. When one is down on maintenance, the other will be up and running. [/quote

Sure, but I still believe with technological improvement as time goes on machines might be able to be serviced while working, though this has nothing to do with our discussion now, just my thoughts...
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Chochovini: 10:11am On Jun 18, 2023
Lols... This is indeed very funny. It‘s more like “YOU MUST USE US“.
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Brendaniel: 10:12am On Jun 18, 2023
brightDdon:

Wow... I'll download today
Thanks

You're welcome...
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by GodWrites: 10:28am On Jun 18, 2023
borika:

You are actually the dumb one, if you think AI cannot be integrated in a tea picking machine.

1 Like

Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Poske95(m): 10:43am On Jun 18, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
enemies of progress.... no matter how they try to go against technology, its coming by fire or by force..

See, how easy to think this rulership nothing ..?

How about talking extensively with them ...?
You don't force man......
You would one way or the other sabotage when it comes to your livelihood.
It's real hustle....not just politics or drug dealing
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by kayusely70(m): 10:47am On Jun 18, 2023
There should be a Frank discussions among all stakeholders with a view to arriving at an acceptable solutions!
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Johnn74: 10:50am On Jun 18, 2023
grin
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Kinihuu005: 10:52am On Jun 18, 2023
Let the government provide job for them first. Africa with dullard brain
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 18, 2023
borika:

Are you sure you know what AI is? The person you're insulting is absolutely right. Try to read more about AI in agriculture.
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Dbestbrest: 11:08am On Jun 18, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
Program the machines to spray 9mm pellets at anybody approaching within 1 feet.

You are indeed, living up to your name, verywickedman
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by mariahAngel(f): 11:12am On Jun 18, 2023
Man and nature are meant to work together, hand in hand.
Besides, hand picked tea leaves are the best.
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Rodimi20000000: 11:19am On Jun 18, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

Ok
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Walexz02(m): 11:20am On Jun 18, 2023
I fabricate agro processing machines. This indeed is true, there was a time a constructed automatic garri fryer for a certain factory. After so much testing at the workshop and testing on site with the owner. The machine never worked again until it left the site. Tested again at the workshop and returned to the factory but it didn't work . I was later told by one of the women doing manual frying in the factory not to disturb my self that the machine will not work in that factory . So, in Nigeria it's not only physical attack spiritual self follow
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by einsteine(m): 11:26am On Jun 18, 2023
Candle makers trying to destroy the power station.

Horse breeders slashing car tyres.
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Ewedegubbler: 11:38am On Jun 18, 2023
Just set up new team farms and employ machines exclusively. Let the pickers stay on the old farms.
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by Reference(m): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
oyatz:
The Tea- Pickers should come together and start their own Tea Plantations that will employ them and not have anything to do with machines.

Losing battle.
They won't be able to compete with output thus price.
Then they will urge government to subsidize them and then you know what follows next.... corruption.
Re: Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest by 0taPiaPia(m): 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
Program the machines to spray 9mm pellets at anybody approaching within 1 feet.

You are indeed very wicked 😁

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support / Is Salary Of 20k OK? / What Professional Skill Will Be In HOT DEMAND 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.