Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,370 members, 7,861,023 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:16 PM

7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta (4392 Views)

Photos Of The Alaba Buildings Marked For Demolition / The Coughing That Preceded Abiola's Death - Susan Rice / #adeosungate: Drama, Intrigues That Preceded Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by AlexBells(m): 8:03am On Jun 19, 2023
Ttalk:
The timing was right when Soludo demolished Odumeje church, the time was right when markets was demolished by same Soludo, the time was right when Peter Obi sent Hausas packing, the time was right when Abia, Anambra governors sacked none indigene from their respective civil service but the time is wrong now that SanwoOlu wanted to sanitize Alaba
Certainly, like I told you, it is up to you to make things out for yourself but the timing is wrong given the 7 omens I listed and like I said the government has right to demolish distressed buildings but not amidst a rhetoric
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by AlexBells(m): 8:03am On Jun 19, 2023
Afamed:

Typical chest beater. What has your human capital contributed to the growth of the nation?

Absolutely nothing but the usual social media noise
You can't be more right Sir, our human capital have not contributed anything to the Nation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by TemplarLandry: 8:04am On Jun 19, 2023
How do you want to react? Conducting yourselves in an unruly manner could lead to total annihilation. Be wise. Eko o ni bajΔ™ o.

mrvitalis:

Lol so saying what you and you people do to us is playing victim?

Your only issue is igbos should not speak out that's just your issue

We would speak out and so one day when we act people would see the reason why

5 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Armaggedon: 8:05am On Jun 19, 2023
Gajagojo:

Ibadan is full of foreigners. Your. statement is full of the usual hate and hubros.
Those foreigners who don't like it or who cannot obey laws should Bleep off

One day is the former capital of the Western Region and almost the size of Lagos state. It is huge and heavily populated. It is way more advanced than any capital city in the South East including Enugu
lol. So much display of inferiority complex in one post.
I repeat, Lagos is headed for another "Ibadan"
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by duro4chang(m): 8:06am On Jun 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

See them from the same WhatsApp group
"Always playing victim "

Lmao keep showing yourself, keep exposing yourself
Stop playing victim mentality for it does you no good rather you will always be a victim. Many houses have been sealed for the same reason given. The house I lived ten years ago was sealed. We were quited for the house to be rehabilitated.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Gajagojo: 8:06am On Jun 19, 2023
AlexBells:
I'm fully in support of Igbos gradually reducing their investment in Lagos and take precautionary measures on acquiring non Movable properties.

Now to the issue at hand, while understanding that Lagos state government have every right to demolish distressed building as was said, the lead up and timing is suspicious. You can argue that a state can do whatever they wished without caring what anyone feels however perception is very important in governance.

Here in Enugu the governor tried to stop the sit at home head on earlier on but the people didn't pay attention to him becuase the people felt that was a wrong timing, he should first fix the potholes, becuase there's still a cold war so far Nnamdi Kanu is incarceration and creating another war is uncalled for.

Coming to the case of Lagos state, Igbos have that justification to feel targeted given the events of the last 3 months. 1. Tinubu losing in Lagos, 2. Sanwolu having a tough time winning in Lagos 3. The statement by the Lagos state house of assembly members threatening to make anti non indigenous laws. 4. The No Man's land saga 6. The increased rhetoric between Yorubas and Igbos and 7. The targeting and harassment of Igbos during the election.

All these are Omens that have transformed a government decision into a vendetta, who am I to advice the government that the timing was wrong and that it could have been better to give the Demolition at least six months, since the people in the business district are mainly Igbos, if the buildings collapsed on them fair enough.

These sort of morale lowering event is coming at a time when economic hardship is unfolding in the country, I don't know who will laugh last but Lagos state is being a little impatient and while those buildings were marked since 2016. The timing is suspicious.

When Wike carried out demolition. Ibos played this same victim card. We are used to it . It does not move anyone.
You can write a Phd.

The corollary of your argument is government should

NOT TAKE ACTION NO MATTER HOW LEGITIMATE IF IT WILL LOOK LIKE IT TARGETS IGBOS

Such sentimental nonsense is so common coming from you for now no one takes you seriously

If you do not vote a government do no expect them to bend rules for you.
You talk of EVENTS OF LAST 3 MONTHS

YES what we the contribution of Igbos to those events?

Government should not infringe their rights but owes them no favours,no concessions and no sympathy. It should be strictly rule of law

6 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Abagworo(m): 8:06am On Jun 19, 2023
All my life I've never seen Lagos as a livable place . Maybe it's because of the ports and distribution point it serves as that made many of you endure the dirty and harsh condition to live in those places. To me Ignos should simply vacate Lagos and relocate to Warri, Port Harcourt and Calabar for those importation based trading they specialize in or they can as well continue living in fool's paradise.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by ba7man(m): 8:07am On Jun 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
Lagos will be like Ibadan soon. Foreigners will leave before Igbos.
Why are you telling us

Are you expecting Yorubas to start begging you to stay, telling you you're the best thing since chicken and chips

You guys act like children, go if you want to go and stop telling us about it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by mrvitalis(m): 8:08am On Jun 19, 2023
duro4chang:
Stop playing victim mentality for it does you no good rather you will always be a victim. Many houses have been sealed for the same reason given. The house I lived ten years ago was sealed. We were quited for the house to be rehabilitated.
So you be tenant for old house

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ awww I can't imagine myself living in a house they can mark as unsafe
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by ayokellany: 8:08am On Jun 19, 2023
Does the governor care about your rethoric ?
He as clearly shown you all can go to hell for all he cares so what are you clowns waiting on ?

AlexBells:

Certainly, like I told you, it is up to you to make things out for yourself but the timing is wrong given the 7 omens I listed and like I said the government has right to demolish distressed buildings but not amidst a rhetoric

3 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by mrvitalis(m): 8:09am On Jun 19, 2023
TemplarLandry:
How do you want to react? Conducting yourselves in an unruly manner could lead to total annihilation. Be wise. Eko o mi bajΔ™ o.

Annihilation from who? Lmao wakali rapped your mother's for months you couldn't do shit

One on one una know say una no near igbos
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Gajagojo: 8:09am On Jun 19, 2023
Armaggedon:

You always project your feelings onto others. Who is feeling inferior if not the person worried that his neighbours soup will spoil if he doesn't warm it?

How is any of that your business?

Go and fix

sit at home

which is happening life today

That should be your priority and concern

Are they sitting at home in Ibadan?

9 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by TemplarLandry: 8:09am On Jun 19, 2023
This evil mindset of you people is disheartening. It is well.
mrvitalis:

Lol demolish na.. No be your people go still pay for the stuffs

Multiple am by 20 add am to price of goods

Monkey must buy them no get choice

4 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by duro4chang(m): 8:10am On Jun 19, 2023
[quote author=mrvitalis post=123889437] So you be tenant for old house
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by ayokellany: 8:10am On Jun 19, 2023
What is now your father's problem with that or is that not what your tribesmen have always wanted it to be Or you do not understand when your Igbotic prayer is answered ?

Armaggedon:

4 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by mrvitalis(m): 8:10am On Jun 19, 2023
ayokellany:
And that human capital is not needed in Alaigbo where wretchedness is plaguing your state ?

Do you imply your Igbo fathers are the πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’

I'm not responsible for your lack of comprehension
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by mrvitalis(m): 8:11am On Jun 19, 2023
TemplarLandry:
This evil mindset of you people is disheartening. It is well.
Stop playing victim
But n sale cheaper
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by AlexBells(m): 8:12am On Jun 19, 2023
Gajagojo:

When Wike carried out demolition. Ibos played this same victim card. We are used to it . It does not move anyone.
You can write a Phd.

The corollary of your argument is government should

NOT TAKE ACTION NO MATTER HOW LEGITIMATE IF IT WILL LOOK LIKE IT TARGETS IGBOS

Such sentimental nonsense is so common coming from you for now no one takes you seriously

If you do not vote a government do no expect them to bend rules for you.
You talk of EVENTS OF LAST 3 MONTHS

YES what we the contribution of Igbos to those events?

Government should not infringe their rights but owes them no favours,no concessions and no sympathy. It should be strictly rule of law
I hope you know in the case of Rivers, Igbos are indigenous, Wike did what he did at the same time we spoke up, there was the Obigbo Massacre, there was the His interview saying he is not Igbo and so on, we condemned him, today he is no longer the governor power is transient.

Do you think his actions cost him his political career, how is even his personal life, what about the fact his actions cost him being the vice presidential candidate, however today Igbos are still Rivers because Igbos are native there, similar things are happening in Lagos, lagos have been demolishing things and no one heard about it, this is wrong timing and it will have far reaching impact believe it or not
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by ayokellany: 8:13am On Jun 19, 2023
Abagworo:
All my life I've never seen Lagos as a livable place . Maybe it's because of the ports and distribution point it serves as that made many of you endure the dirty and harsh condition to live in those places. To me Ignos should simply vacate Lagos and relocate to Warri, Port Harcourt and Calabar for those importation based trading they specialize in or they can as well continue living in fool's paradise.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Afamed: 8:14am On Jun 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

I'm not responsible for your lack of comprehension

The fact that, every business is under lock and key in the east as we speak on monday morning should bother you first

4 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by AlexBells(m): 8:14am On Jun 19, 2023
ayokellany:
Does the governor care about your rethoric ?
He as clearly shown you all can go to hell for all he cares so what are you clowns waiting on ?

Certainly we are not going anywhere only our investment would head East, not while Nigeria exist
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by ayokellany: 8:19am On Jun 19, 2023
As Wike told your father all this wail of agony sorrow n foolishness from you cost him a thing ?

Same Wike the candidate he supported became the president, his candidate Is now the governor of River state, his appointed candidate is senate president same goes for speaker n your father is here lamenting about regretting ?

Can you now tell us what you father accomplished all through his hate filled life compare to the likes of Wike that are superior to anyone from your household be it in this life or the next ?!

AlexBells:

I hope you know in the case of Rivers, Igbos are indigenous, Wike did what he did at the same time we spoke up, there was the Obigbo Massacre, there was the His interview saying he is not Igbo and so on, we condemned him, today he is no longer the governor power is transient.

Do you think his actions cost him his political career, how is even his personal life, what about the fact his actions cost him being the vice presidential candidate, however today Igbos are still Rivers because Igbos are native there, similar things are happening in Lagos, lagos have been demolishing things and no one heard about it, this is wrong timing and it will have far reaching impact believe it or not

8 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by ba7man(m): 8:19am On Jun 19, 2023
Gajagojo:

You always project your feelings onto others. Who is feeling inferior if not the person worried that his neighbours soup will spoil if he doesn't warm it?

How is any of that your business?

Go and fix

sit at home

which is happening life today

That should be your priority and concern

Are they sitting at home in Ibadan?
Exactly, this is an apt description of what they do.

They conjure delusions in their heads or their own personal fears and pain and try to project it on others.

They can be so collectively mentally and emotionally immature.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by ayokellany: 8:21am On Jun 19, 2023
No one wants you to, your fathers n mothers should just adapt to having their hate filled head flogged thoroughly n mercilessly each time you cross the line in Lagos like you were flogged during the last elections.

AlexBells:

Certainly we are not going anywhere only our investment would head East, not while Nigeria exist

5 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Afamed: 8:23am On Jun 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
Lagos will be like Ibadan soon. Foreigners will leave before Igbos.

No foreigner will move to where he will not be able to do his business on Monday morning.

Fix sit at home in the east first , it is over 1 yr now

5 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by AlexBells(m): 8:23am On Jun 19, 2023
ayokellany:
As Wike Tild your father all this wail of agony sorrow n foolishness from you cos him a thing ?
Same Wike the candidate he supported became the president, his candidate I now the governor of River state, his appointed candidate is senate president same goes for speaker n your father is here lamenting about regretting ?

Can you now tell us what you father accomplished all through his hate filled life compare to the likes of Wike that are superior to anyone from your household be it in this life or the next ?!

The value of a human is not in the power given but in the meanings he finds and peace with his being, he supported a president that won lol, how the mighty has fallen, so that equates him to a regular Ur-chinhood lol, my family have our own meaning of existence and we are not competing with Wike but I can tell you he isn't satisfied, I'm I also satisfied no, that makes us even he is great in his way I am in my way
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by AlexBells(m): 8:25am On Jun 19, 2023
ayokellany:
No one wants you to, your fathers n mothers should just adapt to having their hate filled head flogged thoroughly n mercilessly each time you cross the line in Lagos like you were flogged during the last elections.

I do not entertain your type of people but I will live you to entertain yourself maybe someday there could be Waterloo there's always one
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by ayokellany: 8:26am On Jun 19, 2023
So why are you lamenting on his behalf
Did Wike call your father to lament for him ?
Does Wike even care or not the hell you creep out from ?

AlexBells:

The value of a human is not in the power given but in the meanings he finds and peace with his being, he supported a president that won lol, how the mighty has fallen, so that equates him to a regular Ur-chinhood lol, my family have our own meaning of existence and we are not competing with Wike but I can tell you he isn't satisfied, I'm I also satisfied no, that makes us even he is great in his way I am in my way

3 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by AlexBells(m): 8:27am On Jun 19, 2023
ayokellany:
So why are you lamenting on his behalf
Did Wike call your father to lament for him ?
Does Wike even care or not the hell you creep out from ?

Becuase it is my right in a democracy
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Padipadi: 8:35am On Jun 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol for this one Nigeria

You wanted one Nigeria abi? This is one Nigeria the only way to chase igbos out of Lagos is to divide Nigeria

In the next 20 years we aim to double our population in Lagos
No problem. You can quadruple it. The fact of the matter is lagosians are awake to your take over agenda. Behave and be at peace. Bite more than you can chew and be flushed back to your muddy region

6 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Westerhoffe(m): 8:52am On Jun 19, 2023
If the distressed buildings collapsed on them, you will still be among those blaming and condemning the government for not taking actions on time.
angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Separation Of Church And State: Do You Support It? / Happy Democracy Day / Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.