Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,946 members, 7,841,636 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? (14715 Views)

If You Are The Poorest Amongst Your Siblings Avoid Family Gatherings. / How's Your Relationship With Your Siblings? Toxic Or Healthy? / Help, I'm Not Emotionally Attached To My Mother, Siblings And Extended Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Silentgroper(m): 3:28pm On Jun 21, 2023
talented321:
Na so they call my female cousin my wife that year, because our relationship was more than brother and sister, she can't stay if i am not around, sha she don marry and i have to tell her to stop the calls because i don't know either she marry my type.

Cousins dey gbensh each other for Una side😱😱😱

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Exmilitant(m): 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
Thebest12:

Which part of ikwerre are you from ?
Apara kingdom.
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by EmpressT(f): 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2023
Yes! Very deep. I am their God mother. I love them exactly as I would love my own children.

Samantha124:
This is the issue I have, I find myself being emotionally attached to my nephews and nieces.. I think them and I have this special bond to a point that most of them also feel comfortable opening up to me.

This past weekend my nephew was taken to an initiation school, I just had to travel all the way from Durban to Polokwane just to see him before he leaves... The last time I left home the relationship between me and my mom wasn't going so well, but my father managed to talk to me and asked that I forgive her even though it's not easy... I was able to put everything aside for the sake of my nephew because I wanted to see him before he leaves for the initiation school.

Those who may wonder what an initiation school is, it's a cultural school whereby kids who are about to enter puberty, or are already in puberty are taken in order to be taught cultural virtues and principles of transitioning from childhood to teenhood.

His mother brought him to the family house on Saturday afternoon, I spent the entire afternoon gisting with him and he was nervous about the whole thing of going to an initiation school... I had to calm him down.. They were already late because other kids had left with their guardians to the mountains in the morning... My mother then called the royal house to make some inquiries and she was told that they could bring the child the following morning which was Sunday.

The following morning my parents and my sister along with my nephew left for the royal house in the village, the boy's father met them there and from there, the boy and the father were taken to the mountains, where the boy will stay with the others for four weeks.

The father just wanted to drop his son in the mountains and leave afterwards, but he was told that he must be around for at least 2 days to make sure that his son is well settled.

It was so difficult seeing him leave and I couldn't hold my tears, he's just so adorable and I sometimes wonder if he'll be able cope with the living conditions in the mountains for four weeks.

I remembered of how he talked about wanting a PlayStation when he visited the family house back in December, so I bought a PlayStation 5 for him as his graduation gift from the initiation school, they'll be having a party at his home when he returns, but I won't be able to go because of the protection order I have against his father... I gave the gift to my sister for her to give it to him.

The relationship between his father and I may not be good, but I love the boy so much like he's my own.

My other brother in law has also talked of how his children look up to me... grin grin grin

So I'd like to know if you guys have also found yourself emotionally attached to your siblings' children.
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2023
What actually is a God mother's responsibility? Because I've seen people claiming to be Good mothers, but not even being close to the children.
EmpressT:
Yes! Very deep. I am their God mother. I love them exactly as I would love my own children.

Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by qtx(m): 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
Samantha124:
This is the issue I have, I find myself being emotionally attached to my nephews and nieces.. I think them and I have this special bond to a point that most of them also feel comfortable opening up to me.

This past weekend my nephew was taken to an initiation school, I just had to travel all the way from Durban to Polokwane just to see him before he leaves... The last time I left home the relationship between me and my mom wasn't going so well, but my father managed to talk to me and asked that I forgive her even though it's not easy... I was able to put everything aside for the sake of my nephew because I wanted to see him before he leaves for the initiation school.

Those who may wonder what an initiation school is, it's a cultural school whereby kids who are about to enter puberty, or are already in puberty are taken in order to be taught cultural virtues and principles of transitioning from childhood to teenhood.

His mother brought him to the family house on Saturday afternoon, I spent the entire afternoon gisting with him and he was nervous about the whole thing of going to an initiation school... I had to calm him down.. They were already late because other kids had left with their guardians to the mountains in the morning... My mother then called the royal house to make some inquiries and she was told that they could bring the child the following morning which was Sunday.

The following morning my parents and my sister along with my nephew left for the royal house in the village, the boy's father met them there and from there, the boy and the father were taken to the mountains, where the boy will stay with the others for four weeks.

The father just wanted to drop his son in the mountains and leave afterwards, but he was told that he must be around for at least 2 days to make sure that his son is well settled.

It was so difficult seeing him leave and I couldn't hold my tears, he's just so adorable and I sometimes wonder if he'll be able cope with the living conditions in the mountains for four weeks.

I remembered of how he talked about wanting a PlayStation when he visited the family house back in December, so I bought a PlayStation 5 for him as his graduation gift from the initiation school, they'll be having a party at his home when he returns, but I won't be able to go because of the protection order I have against his father... I gave the gift to my sister for her to give it to him.

The relationship between his father and I may not be good, but I love the boy so much like he's my own.

My other brother in law has also talked of how his children look up to me... grin grin grin

So I'd like to know if you guys have also found yourself emotionally attached to your siblings' children.

You're such am emotional person. I guess your type can love like crazy. shocked
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by EmpressT(f): 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
I understand your point. It's because you don't know who I am and what I can do to save lives. The passion I have for children is the same I have for animals.
When you meet people in reality, you will actually know if they claim what they are or not.
Samantha124:
What actually is a God mother's responsibility? Because I've seen people claiming to be Good mothers, but not even being close to the children.
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
lol you think I’m that jobless to read all your threads, what makes you think you are that important to me sad smh!
Samantha124:
If you read all my threads here, you'll know what transpired between his father and I.

Make inquiries before you jump into conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2023
Sorry.
Merch:
lol you think I’m that jobless to read all your threads, what makes you think you are that important to me sad smh!
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2023
But you haven't answered my question.

What is a God mother's responsibility in general? Because I don't know.
EmpressT:
I understand your point. It's because you don't know who I am and what I can do to save lives. The passion I have for children is the same I have for animals.
When you meet people in reality, you will actually know if they claim what they are or not.
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2023
Yep, I'm like that.
qtx:

You're such am emotional person. I guess your type can love like crazy. shocked

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by juman(m): 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2023
Common!
Born your own children.
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Yankiss(m): 4:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
Samantha124:
Fetish practices? Not really, it's only in the beginning whereby the children are brought forth to the royal native doctor in order to protect them from some evil spirits during the initiation school.

Some churches do object, while others don't... But it's usually those African indigenous churches that do not object their members from going... Most of those that did not attend the school is because their church was against it.

Yes, money is paid, back in the olden times they used to pay with livestock, but now they pay money and the parents or guardians must also sign a letter of consent from the Department of Human Settlements and Traditional Affairs.

I don't know about other provinces, but in my province it's still very much popular.
Ok. Very much commendable. Here, most initiation rites are being shunned as paganly, while the whites who brought Christianity are stepped in ancient tradition. King Charles' Coronation spelt that in quantum colours.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by remsonik(f): 4:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
This is me, my brothers and sisters kids are topnotch. I really love them and like to visit them, play, teach them their school work and things they don't understand in their studies and I pray those kids will grow well to attain greater heights in life. Though one of my brother in laws won't want any family member in his home or near his kids but the kids can even call you and you talk when you can't visit.
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Yankiss(m): 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
Merch:
Nah she isn’t related to the child’s dad that’s her sister husband
The advice is still same in this scenario. The children are to be kept away from such misunderstanding. They should not be dragged in.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by talented321: 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2023
i didnot ignore u, but your question make me. So you are telling me over there all women and men own their own fine buildings and nobody is living in am rented apartment.
Samantha124:
I asked you something last night and it seems like you're ignoring me... grin grin grin

I deliberately quoted you just to see if you'll reply... grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by flyinnizam(m): 4:28pm On Jun 21, 2023
are u a south african or a Nigeria?
Samantha124:

Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
Cultural practices are very much recognized by the constitution here, as long as no one gets hurt or forced to do something that he or she doesn't like.
Yankiss:
Ok. Very much commendable. Here, most initiation rites are being shunned as paganly, while the whites who brought Christianity are stepped in ancient tradition. King Charles' Coronation spelt that in quantum colours.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
South African.
flyinnizam:
are u a south african or a Nigeria?
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
There's a thread for this discussion and this is not the one.
talented321:
i didnot ignore u, but your question make me. So you are telling me over there all women and men own their own fine buildings and nobody is living in am rented apartment.
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by talented321: 4:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
You can quote me in that thread
Samantha124:
There's a thread for this discussion and this is not the one.
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
Does your brother in law see you guys as bad influence to his kids?
remsonik:
This is me, my brothers and sisters kids are topnotch. I really love them and like to visit them, play, teach them their school work and things they don't understand in their studies and I pray those kids will grow well to attain greater heights in life. Though one of my brother in laws won't want any family member in his home or near his kids but the kids can even call you and you talk when you can't visit.
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by qtx(m): 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2023
Samantha124:
Yep, I'm like that.
tongue
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Niccoloimhotep: 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2023
Samantha Samantha 😁

This one you’re dishing out money left right and center, will you use some to flex me around town when I come to SA in September.
Atleast for the sake of Nairaland that introduced us 😂

Then we will open a thread for all nairalanders to see and comment to, atleast something positive for a change.
@samantha124
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 21, 2023
Where did I dish out money? grin grin grin
Niccoloimhotep:
Samantha Samantha 😁

This one you’re dishing out money left right and center, will you use some to flex me around town when I come to SA in September.
Atleast for the sake of Nairaland that introduced us 😂

Then we will open a thread for all nairalanders to see and comment to, atleast something positive for a change.
@samantha124

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by themanderon: 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2023
My two nieces are closer to me then my brother and his wife. They tell me stuffs they dare not disclose to their parents because of fear and I guide them accordingly. I do whoop them when they go wrong but within minutes they are back in my arms playing cheerfully. Lovely kids.
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by gentlesmithugo(m): 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
The kind of love I have for my niece.my immediate younger sister ist child.i can take bullet for life.i love her with everything in me.for the ist time since I can remember,I cried wen they traveled to u.k this year.because I no it will be long b4 I will see her again.she is just 6,she loves me more than anything.she definitely no how much I love and adore her.my sis will always sat by the side and smile as we gist weneva I visit them b4 they traveled
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by kkins25(m): 6:59pm On Jun 21, 2023
They are family, so, why not?
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by EmpressT(f): 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
God mothers/ parents take special care in taking responsibility for the upbringing and spiritual growth of a child. They have special responsibility to make sure that child is well taken care of by his biological parents and also in making sure that child is well developed in the things and ways of God so as not to become miserable I have the society. I for instance I'm a God mother to the children of my younger siblings because I am the first born. I always make sure they're well treated and cared for. I always intercede in prayers for them and their future. I also teach them about God, his ways and life. I sing and play songs/ movies that enlighten them about who they are in Christ. I take them as my own children regardless of whether they have a parent or not. I chastised them if any misconduct is found in them. I tell them to be free with me in any matter. I make sure I become their best friend, confidant. Alot to do as a God mother my sister.

Samantha124:
But you haven't answered my question.

What is a God mother's responsibility in general? Because I don't know.
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Chidolalar: 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
gentlesmithugo:
The kind of love I have for my niece.my immediate younger sister ist child.i can take bullet for life.i love her with everything in me.for the ist time since I can remember,I cried wen they traveled to u.k this year.because I no it will be long b4 I will see her again.she is just 6,she loves me more than anything.she definitely no how much I love and adore her.my sis will always sat by the side and smile as we gist weneva I visit them b4 they traveled
It's bcuz u haven't gotten your own child
Once u get your own son or daughter den that emotional attachment or love u have for your niece will reduce

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Niccoloimhotep: 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
Samantha124:
Where did I dish out money? grin grin grin
PS-5 🫣😳
Babe you have mullah 😁
Abeg ooo, you go flex me small with the money by September.

T for thanks 🙏
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by remsonik(f): 10:37pm On Jun 21, 2023
Samantha124:
Does your brother in law see you guys as bad influence to his kids?

No he just doesn't want any family member in his home, he doesn't allow his own people too. He feels he earns low and won't want the burden of his home spending to be on any family member. Whenever his mom or anyone comes and buys alot for the kids he's pained that he's not earning well but it's not his fault. It's the Nigerian economy
Re: Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? by Everbryte: 7:49am On Jun 22, 2023
I am so emotionally attached to my nieces & nephews
But I think maybe because I am single(mature) and have no kids of my own. but this might not be true. I have always loved children.
Right from my days in Uni ( I was the one to leave school to go spend days with my sister at hospital during delivery, same with my 2 sisters in-law. My thinking that maybe that is why I am world's best aunty, even to all other nieces & nephews.

Samantha124:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! / OAP Blossom Martins Accuses Twin Sisters Of Fraud In Enugu / After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.