Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

River State And Drinking Water.(why Must The Masses Buy Water @ High Price?) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / River State And Drinking Water.(why Must The Masses Buy Water @ High Price?) (546 Views)

Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) / Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents / President Buhari Visits Cross River State (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

River State And Drinking Water.(why Must The Masses Buy Water @ High Price?) by Rhino5dm: 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2011
Why must the masses of Rivers State purchase water? I was greeted with extra-ordinary curtesy by those who my security guard use to to allow to fetch drinking water from my reservior, even in my absential today.

A lady among the group i met across the croad said"sir, thank you for allowing us to be fetching water in your house, na God go bless you ooo". I felt this is not necessary considering the facts that am not buying the water either, except fot little fuel and effort put in pumping the water from ground.

All of a sudden, i remembered i used to have 24 hours water supply from the water board when i was in Bauchi. I can point out that as far back as 2000, i had a water meter in my house, which is use by the water board officials to bill the rate of water consumption.

If Bauchi State(poorer than a local government in Rivers) can put in 16" pipe layout to provide water to its citizen then why not Rivers State?

Please lets begin!Rivers State?

Please lets begin!
Re: River State And Drinking Water.(why Must The Masses Buy Water @ High Price?) by htajz: 10:10pm On Oct 02, 2011
the same reason the whole yoruba land is underdeveloped with 70 percent poverty rate and highest illliteracy rate in southern nigeria.
Re: River State And Drinking Water.(why Must The Masses Buy Water @ High Price?) by arsenefc: 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2011
@OP:

too much arcahiac English. What the phock is: "even in my absential?"

In my absence, Shikena
Re: River State And Drinking Water.(why Must The Masses Buy Water @ High Price?) by Rhino5dm: 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2011
If States like Gombe are having a functional water system capable of providng the required gallons needed by its citizen, why wont Rivers State Do same?

It is a norm in Rivers to see houses been built with complete bore hole sysytem and decorative external outlets for commercial perposes.

If fact, the major aspect of concern to most tenants is water, which can express using this phrase "oga, water dey the house? If water no dey i no go fit enter"
Re: River State And Drinking Water.(why Must The Masses Buy Water @ High Price?) by Rhino5dm: 10:18pm On Oct 02, 2011
Thanks. Can you address the topic?

arsenefc:

@OP:

too much arcahiac English. What the phock is: "even in my absential?"

In my absence, Shikena
Re: River State And Drinking Water.(why Must The Masses Buy Water @ High Price?) by Rhino5dm: 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2011
Wannem bia biko hapu n maka. Please address the topic.

Tribalism is not good for you.

htajz:

the same reason the whole yoruba land is underdeveloped with 70 percent poverty rate and highest illliteracy rate in southern nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

How Anambra Is Forging Ahead / Harold Camping Failed Predictions / Neocolonialism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.