Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,578 members, 7,837,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village (35673 Views)

"My Husband Wants To Kill Me" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out For Help / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court / My Sister's Husband Wants To Sleep With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Example? undecided

My village in imo state.

Imo state villages are not that underdeveloped and lifeless.

A lot of people live and work/do business there, and that attracted some good schools, hospitals, etc, plus some investments by those of us who chose to live elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by UYEMDO35(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ma! If you like yourself don't follow him to the village, there's nothing in the village apart from farming and selling of some petty stuffs like dat and moreover village is not good a place to bring up children it corrupt their lifestyle. As for your husband just ignore him and his decision look for something lucrative that can fetch you money and do.... Try as much as possible to get closer to people and relate with dem maybe dey can help you secure a job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Eagba(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Example? undecided

Please indicated Village Name, Local Government Area, and State, so we can investigate for ourselves the standard of education there abeg! undecided
Caritas
Owerri west
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by vickydevoka(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
eniolorunfe:

Your husband has indirectly told you that you’re on your own. So what kind of future do you want for yourself and your children? This should help influence your decision.

About two women I know who found themselves in this kind of situation stayed back in the city because of their children. As long as you’re ready to work hard and generate income for yourself and your children you will be fine. Start talking to everyone you know now as regards job, funds, alternative accommodation etc so that after your husband leaves you won’t be stranded.
That's y I practice Igbo man style. De over comfortable b4 marriage.Most men will die B4 their time. Poor men hardly receive help. When you don't have plan you will suffer. Marriage is very difficult. Baby mama will make u live long. I pity my friends and family way de born anyhow. N person way never suffer de believe say manner the come from heaven .

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by WantsandMore: 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ireportlive:
smiley

Growing up in the city , living in developed countries, I used to think village was all about what was shown in Nollywood

But I was wrong, a couple of years back I had a project in Kogi, Isanlu and this changed my perception

If he is going to the village, make sure it's for Agriculture or sales of agro commodity

This villagers live extremely cheap life, they use solar panels, eat cheap bush meat, buy fresh products, stay in cheap rented apartment, very serene quite almost dead environment, watch free to air Satellite TV

This is how I envision my life after i retire from the cities

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Dminister(m): 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
Women avoid men that are lazy, no vision men and men that are easily defeated by situation. I remember when I had no job, I have family to feed and I couldn’t even bear it seeing my wife taking care of our needs despite her salaries being enough to take care of everything. I decided to start hawking breads on Lagos roads just to make sure I am in charge taking care of my family until something better came up.

If you can’t belittle yourself to care for your family and open up opportunities then you are not a man

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by YelloweWest: 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ireportlive:
smiley

Growing up in the city , living in developed countries, I used to think village was all about what was shown in Nollywood

But I was wrong, a couple of years back I had a project in Kogi, Isanlu and this changed my perception

If he is going to the village, make sure it's for Agriculture or sales of agro commodity

This villagers live extremely cheap life, they use solar panels, eat cheap bush meat, buy fresh products, stay in cheap rented apartment, very serene quite almost dead environment, watch free to air Satellite TV

The MSN can barely hold a job down. He's a loser always making excuses.

The village for him is the end of his life. He will take his family down as well. She should stay and hustke
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by ppogba: 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
There must have been a reason why God told Abraham to get out of his father's country/ land. So, your husband wanting to go back to his village is more than mystery.

Truth is, it is the powers of his father's house that are extending an invitation to him.

If possible, do not follow him. Reach an amicable resolution concerning this else, he will use it against you later.

What about your own siblings? Is there no way they could come to your aid now?

See, village life no be moi moi oo. Are you ready for farming? Are you prepared to raise your suffering to the power of two?

Get people that can talk to his senses and open his spiritual eyes.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
ChybuzzDD:
My village in imo state. Imo state villages are not that underdeveloped and lifeless. A lot of people live and work/do business there, and that attracted some good schools, hospitals, etc, plus some investments by those of us who chose to live elsewhere.
I am not asking of abstracts but definite. You claimed that villages have good private schools and so I am asking for an example of a particular village with this good private school. The name of the village, LGA, and State would suffice so I can do my own investigation into the claim about the schools there abeg! undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by babydr: 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
Please avoid the notion of moving to the village. You will regret it, I can guarantee you, especially knowing the sort of husband you have. Work hard and try small scale businesses. consider moving into an affordable apartment or even a room . Allow him to go to the village on his own, it might work out for him. save your self the unnecessary stress of tomorrow's regret.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Sunnyski: 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
Marry a man with vision and dream you won't listen, now look at your nightmare.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by vickydevoka(m): 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kizzygentle:
For a minute I thought it was relocating abroad.
Anyways it seems your husband is a very lazy man... My dear nothing dey village, honestly if u go to the village at a young age, people that stay in village are all rascals and irresponsible.cultist and gossipers... Village wey uncle dey sleep with aunty, na village adultery dey happen pass because of joblessness. Na for village wey I see cousins dey knack theirs elves and if elders talk, him go collect, na village wey I see young boys dey knack elderly man wife and if the husband talk, him go collect, the wife self go dey defend the young boy.. Wetin my eyes see for village that year, God forbid bad thing.. Infact never ever bring up a child in village.. Allow your lazy husband to go alone... No sha follow am...
He is not lazy oga. Give am job to see whether him no go do. Just say he didn't plan well B4 marriage. As a man , always take 90 percent decision of your life. Bcus when u are down , u are down alone

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Victor2707: 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
You came to the internet to bash your children's father.

You have no plan to get out of your situation, and your husband has devised a strategy for you.

If you try his plan and it doesn't work. You can always visit the city and make your own plans.

Stop looking for approval from strangers.

Consult your father or uncles for guidance.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by forerunner022(m): 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
I feel your plight and it is a hard decision your husband took. Ordinarily, if things are going well, he won't come up with such relocation plans unless there's a better offer. But sometimes in life reality hits you hard. However, going to the village without any relocation plans is not an option. Remaining in the city without no job is also not an option. Since he has packed his luggages already it means his mind is made up. And since you are insisting on not going with him because of language barrier and how the village is an interior part of the country, it means your marriage is already having a K-leg cause take it or leave it, if your husband is in the village and you are in the City, things will definitely get sour along the line. So decide between going to the village with him and saving your marriage or staying back and risking your marriage to loss. By the way, who will be keeping the kids? You guys have to really define some many things before concluding on any decision. You just have to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Tommydare(m): 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
It is easier said than done.author=DeeBaDan post=123920667]Don't go. Let him go alone

You find a very cheap accomodation and do menial things you can do and make up to 50k per month. Like fried potato chips, fried plantain chips. Supply to shops. God will take care of you

When the chips are down, men drop professionalism.and go for what's available. If he can't forgo his pride and learn driver to get a car or bus he can drive and make daily income, divorce him. You don't need a loser as a mother of children. When things get tough, men ought to get tougher not fold up.

Going to village isn't proactive, productive, profitable or strategic. His inclinations as a man should tilt towards profitability not to recline to some nonsensical ideas. I travel.across multiple villages across the entire Nigeria. Let him go and try it for six months if he thinks the poverty in the city and that of the village are on the same.par [/quote]
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
Eagba:
Caritas, Owerri west
Is Owerri a village? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Beverlyjean(f): 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
DeeBaDan:
Don't go. Let him go alone

You find a very cheap accomodation and do menial things you can do and make up to 50k per month. Like fried potato chips, fried plantain chips. Supply to shops. God will take care of you

When the chips are down, men drop professionalism.and go for what's available. If he can't forgo his pride and learn driver to get a car or bus he can drive and make daily income, divorce him. You don't need a loser as a mother of children. When things get tough, men ought to get tougher not fold up.

Going to village isn't proactive, productive, profitable or strategic. His inclinations as a man should tilt towards profitability not to recline to some nonsensical ideas. I travel.across multiple villages across the entire Nigeria. Let him go and try it for six months if he thinks the poverty in the city and that of the village are on the same.par

For better for worse... the devil has totally taken over ur mentality...and u have sinned against God with this advice u have given... when judgement day comes most will cry blood cos u don't even know when u sinned
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by juwoonn(m): 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2023
Do not follow him to that village.
Otherwise, you’d be ruined for a very long time if not for life.
momsloved:
Good afternoon everyone, pls I urgently need your advice and suggestions on this.

My husband has been out of job since towards the end of last year. Almost the same time I had my second baby. The truth is, the same me nursing my baby has been the same person struggling to provide for the home.

Knowing that he contributed to his lost of job. He goes to work late, different excuses, doing the job anyhow that the management had to fire him. This is the second job he's losing due to carelessness.
He wasn't still meeting up with responsibilities even when he had those jobs. He was always complaining of TP expenses, deduction due to late coming, his salaries was not benefiting us.

Our present accomodation of 250k, one bedroom apartment is expiring ending of next month and I don't know how we're going to pay for the rent. The previous rent I have always contributed when I had the money.
Presently I have no job. I left my job during delivery, but I'm hoping to start looking for job very soon. Yet, I'm not idle. I'm still trying with little business to cartar for the house.

The issue now is, he has arranged his stuffs preparing to relocate to the village and he wants us to go together because he can't afford to renew the rent.
I told him I can't go to the village with him, we are too young to start retiring to the village. What about good school for the children especially my first child? But he has decided to go without us, leaving us with the whole responsibilities.
I'm afraid, I can't afford everything here either. But going with him to the village is also very scary. A man who ignore us when there's nothing in the house, waiting for me to fix, how can I trust him and relocate with my two children to his village? I can't speak their language and it's an interior village, How do we survive there?
He's not even considering all these.
Pls, advice me on what to do. I'm really fed up.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by vickydevoka(m): 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2023
DeeBaDan:

My father was a bank executive. I was an ajebo. When life changed, I changed with it. We have to keep moving ahead. We're not fixed objects
Then and now , it's not the same. Omo things a fuxking difficult around de world. Nigerian own worst. Most bankers have to relocate to Canada and UK. Most of them made their money through form A. Now form A don cast. Bankers have to rely on their salary.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by LCling: 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
Hahahaha see this one follow your husband.sometimes people call village everybad name available. Some people village is better than town.
1) first let him use six months go and prepare ground for you guys to join him later . 6months - 1yr is best to see which is better.
(2) . You people resettle to one room face me I face you . All school and expenses go local/ public
3). Try side hustles locals stuffs. Him too
4). Don't pampare kids if up to 8yrs now let them enjoy this opportunity to have strong adult personality. It's not suffer ,not everyone have that opportunity.
Summary: this is live experience though rich at town . Only built a house and had 5 graduate when returned to Villa bounce back to town later in live . Waxing strong.
Don't dismay the journey have started .
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by juwoonn(m): 4:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
Wow! That’s my home town. Isanlu Makutu
Ireportlive:
smiley

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Sososo(f): 4:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
Interior village😭😭😭
If its one of these villages that has developed into cities, it would have been better.
Omo this is dicey.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by backtovillage: 4:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
My moniker is backtovillage
Let me take you on a tour round da viliage
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
Beverlyjean:
■ For better for worse... the devil has totally taken over ur mentality...and u have sinned against God with this advice u have given... when judgement day comes most will cry blood cos u don't even know when u sinned
God send you or anyone for better for worse? Una no even know wetin dey do una! undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by akpunda86: 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
DeeBaDan:
Don't go. Let him go alone

Going to village isn't proactive, productive, profitable or strategic. His inclinations as a man should tilt towards profitability not to recline to some nonsensical ideas. I travel.across multiple villages across the entire Nigeria. Let him go and try it for six months if he thinks the poverty in the city and that of the village are on the same.par

U are tight u are wrong,bros I stayed in Lekki oniru for 6 years,my rent for that six years for don build me beta house for east,just as the man pack his load ,Na so I do a month bf rent expire cos my contract finish,I pack go my village,after some months I put head togeda enter town go look for house get,moved family to Enugu town today I'm a Landlord.
Madam sit him down know his future plan not easy.pplease stay where Ur hubby is,wat if he is working and was transferred to the village,u saw d language barrier bf u married him,once that guy goes Ur marriage is over

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by mkoabiola: 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
Better follow him shaperly
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Nigerfine3: 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
AgentGoat:

Why do you married an irresponsible man?
You do not know how relationship would turn after marriage
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Tommydare(m): 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
Isn't that too harsh? Don't say what you don't know bro. Husband and wife matter get as e be.
mariahAngel:
Hei gawd! What a difficult situation.

So, what are his plans when he gets to the village?
One cannot just up and relocate without plans.

On one hand, if you go with him, you don't know what awaits you and your children there, and on the other, if you stay back, you'll be labeled "the stubborn wife" who refused to go (retire) to the village with her husband.

Maybe, you should tell him to go ahead, when he's settled and has something going, then you and the children might join him.
Meanwhile, you look for something to do to support yourself and your children.

A man who gives up easily is not worthy of a family of his own.
Of what value is a man that his wife and children cannot rely on him?

No offense meant to your husband, by the way.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Eagba(m): 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Is Owerri a village? undecided
Olodo with I too know personality.
I said Owerri west, because you see Owerri there and conclude it's Owerri. Owerri west is a local government area that different from Owerri. My part of Owerri west is a village. For your information, most parts of Scotland are considered villages

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Who Intentionally Shuts Down Wife In Front Of Their Kids Changes / Couple's Egyptian Themed Maternity Shoot Goes Viral / Howard Sueing III Ekundayo: American Man Adopts Nigerian Wife’s Surname

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.