Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village (35648 Views)

"My Husband Wants To Kill Me" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out For Help / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court / My Sister's Husband Wants To Sleep With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by wengerman: 4:29pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ireportlive:
smiley

Growing up in the city , living in developed countries, I used to think village was all about what was shown in Nollywood

But I was wrong, a couple of years back I had a project in Kogi, Isanlu and this changed my perception how was your stay in isanlu ,hope you enjoyed hot pounded yam. I am from Egbe,not far from isanlu

If he is going to the village, make sure it's for Agriculture or sales of agro commodity

This villagers live extremely cheap life, they use solar panels, eat cheap bush meat, buy fresh products, stay in cheap rented apartment, very serene quite almost dead environment, watch free to air Satellite TV

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by DeeBaDan: 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2023
jeff1607:

Are you married?

You started wrongly. Why not mehn ought not to lead their families into danger. How about you say he should go to the village first to determine the suitability for the family. How about going to the village isn't the entire answer and he should have plans in place

Man, get lost
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by maasoap(m): 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2023
Pacesetter2021:
Peace of mind is priceless. If you go to the village you will have peace of mind.

Secondly people are still making it in that village.

Go to the village with your husband.

Your children will be fine.

You can't make anything in the village. We are are not talking about someone with money investing in agriculture, we're talking about jobless lazy ass man and his family moving back to village. They will only be living from hand to mouth. He is relocating simply because of free accommodation that awaits him, nothing else. He just wants to solve the problem of house rent without hustling or sweating. Such man shouldn't be taken seriously.
What is in the village? Nothing! Take it from someone who had village experience. Boring life, nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by lifenajeje(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2023
If he knows what he wants to do and you are sure it would work then there is no qualms ....

Think deeply about opportunities that are abound there ..

People dey even see opportunities Japa abroad ....

U may not relocate to the village , probably a closer town but I want you to be at peace ..

When u are at peace u would see opportunities ...
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Gmajor(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ireportlive:
smiley

Growing up in the city , living in developed countries, I used to think village was all about what was shown in Nollywood

But I was wrong, a couple of years back I had a project in Kogi, Isanlu and this changed my perception

If he is going to the village, make sure it's for Agriculture or sales of agro commodity

This villagers live extremely cheap life, they use solar panels, eat cheap bush meat, buy fresh products, stay in cheap rented apartment, very serene quite almost dead environment, watch free to air Satellite TV

All villages are not created equally
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by stevups(m): 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2023
You talk like a backstabber.. there's punishment for e
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by PepeXKermit: 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2023
There ia nothing more dangerous than a man who is not disciplined coupled with lack of ambition. Chukwu ekewela
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Blackman101: 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2023
My suggestion

1. Pray and get some one to pray with you, cos your husband loosing two job in a row and you loosing your need to be investigated, if it
carelessness or witch-hunting. (we are Africans and we have seen things)

2. if the above is clear, them consider how to pay the next House rent, I believe a job will come before the next rent is due ((12 months time )

3. while I am against family leaving apart, let him go ahead to the village for like six months, have corps in the farming and a little business
(like riding Okada ) on the side, before you and the children join him. In the village now nobody will give you and your children free food
oh.

very best of luck
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Godmind2022(m): 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
If you and your husband know how to farm, and the husband is not abusive, if he is generally loving, but just having a bad time, if he is generally reasonable, God-fearing, loves farming, please go with him. Let him get his own land by begging, on credit, or in any legal means, and begin to plant perennial crops like coconut, palm-tree, cashew, cocoa, etc. Hope this helps. As for the children's school, you and your husband should join the school effort with home schooling, using your little knowledge to teach them
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by savcy(m): 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
This is the exact decision my late dad took months before he sadly passed on. I remember how scared I was at the prospect of living life in the village. In my case, I knew we weren't going to be there for too long, because my dad was a hard-working man, and he was a senior fire and safety officer before he was maliciously retrenched. But the fear was palpable in my family.

Marriage, for me, is too sacred a thing to begin to suggest anything that potentially compromises it. He's your husband, and you made the conscious decision to spend the rest of your life with him. Painful as it may be, it's for better or for worse. So you have to leave with him. Give him that honour, and when you arrive there be the brains of the house. Kickstart a plan to return to the city, and find anything right you can do to actualise that plan. If there's a will, a way pops up. It's a rule of life that never fails. Sad what men turn out to be these days. Your husband has no right to unilaterally take that decision, but be kind to him. He will one day remember your acts of kindness and reward you.

If you have anyone you can speak to that could speak to him, please do well to explore that option. Although, from your description of him that may likely be fruitless. But give it shot anywho. I feel sorry for you , because I have been there.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by care4you: 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Example? undecided

Please indicated Village Name, Local Government Area, and State, so we can investigate for ourselves the standard of education there abeg! undecided

Are you living in a cave?

Come to Anambra, all the schools in our villages are almost perfect!

Good structures!
Well educated teachers!
Serene environments!
Perfect laboratories! Etc

I don't know why you guys underrates village so much. Well, I don't know about your own village.

When it comes to education Anambra villages are the best...

Please come and verify...

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by maasoap(m): 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2023
MisterBanny:
Instead of relocating to the Village due to your inability to pay the rent of 250k, why not move out from the current apartment to a lesser one?
Pls don't go to the village else witches will destroy your children. The witchcraft in the village are terrible and bloodthirsty.
The major concern now should be to get a new job, though I understand that you're still nursing your baby. Sadly, if ur husband wants u to follow him and relocate to the village, u don't have any alternative because if u disobey and decide to stay apart, meanings and different interpretations would be read into that decision of yours. His family members will start accusing u of doing prostitution now since your husband is no longer without a job

Her own happiness comes first before anything else, people can say whatever they like. That's why I like Oyinbos, they don't really give a fvck about anyone's opinion.
Definitely, she can't be happy In the village, she's scared. And her kids, city kids. God helps the kids with mosquitoes and malaria most especially if the kids are AA.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by sleekman(m): 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2023
Perhaps I'm in the best position to advise you on this. I've been in my village running to 7yrs now and I can tell you I'm loving every minute of it. First thing first. Has he purchased or inherited land to use for agriculture? Has he got a functional ride? Has he got a house or inherited house. Perhaps a house from a relation he can live in for free longterm and restrategize? If the answers are affirmative then I'll advise you go with him to the village but he must go first. Go visiting frequently. Explore the market, agricultural opportunities, private schools, public schools with a private teacher option. Accessibility to big towns, cost of living, variety of food options, telecommunications, electricity, water availability, means of transportation and ease of transportation etc.
If you keep an open mind then the village can be a good place to bounce back, make some cash and start acquiring properties in the city. If you are hardworking as you seem to sound then you will consider moving temporarily or permanently to the village the best decision you have made
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by thesicilian: 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
Dracular226:

You're not making sense!
Your ability to make sense of what I have written is wholly dependent on you, my friend.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by franvincoop: 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2023
OP has not told us the whole truth, your husband has a plan for what he wants to do in the village and he has told you but based on say you no wan hear anything village you don concoct better cock and bullstory wey favour you for us.
E get why human being get 2 ears.
We don hear your side, just knowsay farmers get money plenty now.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by MisterBanny(m): 4:42pm On Jun 20, 2023
maasoap:

Her own happiness comes first before anything else, people can say whatever they like. That's why I like Oyinbos, they don't really give a fvck about anyone's opinion.
Definitely, she can't be happy In the village, she's scared. And her kids, city kids. God helps the kids with mosquitoes and malaria most especially if the kids are AA.

Oga, there's no such thing like Happiness matters in this case o. Madam must no disobey oga. Na oga marry madam and not the other way round
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Godsonkemz(m): 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
The problem with this generation of women is lack of submissiveness and understanding of how to manage home. How do you expect him to raise 250k for the renewal of rent when he has no job. Do you expect him to steal. Be realistic to the situation at hand and don't put undue pressure upon your man. I don't see anything wrong with going to village at least to allow him think, reorganize and seek for assistance if need be.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
care4you:
■ Are you living in a cave? Come to Anambra, all the schools in our villages are almost perfect!
Good structures! Well educated teachers! Serene environments! Perfect laboratories! Etc I don't know why you guys underrates village so much. Well, I don't know about your own village. When it comes to education Anambra villages are the best...Please come and verify... ....
I can't come but I can use google earth to explore an example. So give me the village name, LGA, and State, so I can see and investigate via reports what you claim. undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by dapadawee: 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
maasoap:

Really, this is what we vomit when we are not ready to hear the truth.

How would any sensible person be able to give an informed advice when they don't have detailed information? Swerve!

Saying you're the one feeding your husband is wrong. Go to the village.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by maasoap(m): 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ireportlive:
smiley

But I was wrong, a couple of years back I had a project in Kogi, Isanlu and this changed my perception

You only did excursion, you didn't leave there permanently.
Relocate there permanently and let's see how many years can live there straight grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by highoctane: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Example? undecided

Please indicated Village Name, Local Government Area, and State, so we can investigate for ourselves the standard of education there abeg! undecided

Uturu in Isiukwuato LGA of Abia State.
Home to two universities namely Abia State University
Gregory University
Abia State international secondary school.
Marist Brothers juniorate Academy and a host of other private primary and secondary schools.
The 7 major villages have state primary schools each.
Home to Crushed Rock quarry
Home to Masterenergy industries .
Home to 3 stars Uturu Cave group of Hotels and Resorts.
Home to Sab group of Industries.
There exist hospitals, State health centre
Solar powered home are common.
Home to multi millionaires and some billionaires
That's my home, my village, that's the home of Greenify Solar.
Gate way to Ebonyi, Cross River , and Cameroun
Where we troup to most weekends. I sometimes take retreat to energies my body and mental health.
We made our town Uturu and it's villages what it is today
Verify, Verify, Verify.

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by maasoap(m): 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
dapadawee:

Saying you're the one feeding your husband is wrong. Go to the villagers.
Nothing in the village, no future there for you most especially if you skilled or educated
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
Blackman101:
My suggestion
1. Pray and get some one to pray with you, cos your husband loosing two job in a row and you loosing your need to be investigated, if it
carelessness or witch-hunting. (we are Africans and we have seen things)
2. if the above is clear, them consider how to pay the next House rent, I believe a job will come before the next rent is due ((12 months time )
3. while I am against family leaving apart, let him go ahead to the village for like six months, have corps in the farming and a little business
(like riding Okada ) on the side, before you and the children join him. In the village now nobody will give you and your children free food
oh. very best of luck
Pray to which God? The same God that has yet to answer the millions of women clogging up your church spaces who came before her, many of whom have been praying for decades? Or Is it the same God who said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous? Or are we talking of the same God who said that in order to become worthy of Him one is to abandon husband, wife, children, father, mother, sisters, brothers, work, career, etc.? undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by maasoap(m): 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2023
MisterBanny:

Oga, there's no such thing like Happiness matters in this case o. Madam must no disobey oga. Na oga marry madam and not the other way round
They married each other, her opinions matter too, that's how modern marriage works. Personally, I think there is nothing there for them.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by MisterBanny(m): 4:48pm On Jun 20, 2023
maasoap:

They married each other, her opinions matter too, that's how modern marriage works. Personally, I think there is nothing there for them.

They married each other? I no blame you.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by We4all: 4:48pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kizzygentle:
For a minute I thought it was relocating abroad.
Anyways it seems your husband is a very lazy man... My dear nothing dey village, honestly if u go to the village at a young age, people that stay in village are all rascals and irresponsible.cultist and gossipers... Village wey uncle dey sleep with aunty, na village adultery dey happen pass because of joblessness. Na for village wey I see cousins dey knack theirs elves and if elders talk, him go collect, na village wey I see young boys dey knack elderly man wife and if the husband talk, him go collect, the wife self go dey defend the young boy.. Wetin my eyes see for village that year, God forbid bad thing.. Infact never ever bring up a child in village.. Allow your lazy husband to go alone... No sha follow am...

You just said it all. They type of irresponsible and immoral lifestyle they live in the village is just pathetic.

Recently, I overheard a neighbor chastising an aunt of hers who came visiting from the village. According to her, the aunt slept with her half brother. I was shocked.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by soccerlite: 4:49pm On Jun 20, 2023
Madam first spoil her husband that he goes to work late

This are realities of difficult economy
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Jun 20, 2023
highoctane:
Uturu in Isiukwuato LGA of Abia State. Home to two universities namely Abia State University
Gregory University. Abia State international secondary school. Marist Brothers juniorate Academy and a host of other private primary and secondary schools. The 7 major villages have state primary schools each. Home to Crossed Rock quarry Home to Masterenergy industries . Home to 3 stars Uturu Cave group of Hotels and Resorts. Solar powered home are common. Home to multi millionaires and some billionaires
That my home, my village where we troup to most weekends. I sometimes take retreat to energies my body and mental health
Verify
But most of the kids born in Uturu can't even afford to attend that school. I know this one quite well since I spent some time in Uturu myself back in the day. Those associated with Marist Brothers and ABSU could probably boast of something but generally Uturu had nothing else to offer in the way of industry and the lot. A lot of those who attended the school in question came from the big cities, as far as Lagos State. Instead, many of the local children have to commute daily the other way towards Okigwe over that steep hill to get to school every day. (I almost died of a heart attack every time I had to venture over that road back then) Also, solar-powered homes are only common as far as the rich and political class who settled in the area. The vast majority who are poor have no access to any of that. undecided

So, if this man is moving to the village because he has no money, what makes you think that living in a place like Uturu where he can't afford to send his kids to Marist Brothers Juniorate Academy would benefit him? undecided

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Goalnaldo(m): 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2023
You people only follow the "for better" part in your marital vow. If its abroad that he is relocating to you will be the one begging to follow him. What if he has oil palm plantation in the village? People make mad cash in the village o.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by maasoap(m): 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2023
MisterBanny:

They married each other? I no blame you.
Yes. And thanks
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by jesmond3945: 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

There are villages that have good private schools.
in lagos, abuja or ph or probably ondo, anambra depends. Not in ochi or emerienwe. Op know how far
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by greatestdestiny: 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2023
momsloved:
Good afternoon everyone, pls I urgently need your advice and suggestions on this.

My husband has been out of job since towards the end of last year. Almost the same time I had my second baby. The truth is, the same me nursing my baby has been the same person struggling to provide for the home.

Knowing that he contributed to his lost of job. He goes to work late, different excuses, doing the job anyhow that the management had to fire him. This is the second job he's losing due to carelessness.
He wasn't still meeting up with responsibilities even when he had those jobs. He was always complaining of TP expenses, deduction due to late coming, his salaries was not benefiting us.

Our present accomodation of 250k, one bedroom apartment is expiring ending of next month and I don't know how we're going to pay for the rent. The previous rent I have always contributed when I had the money.
Presently I have no job. I left my job during delivery, but I'm hoping to start looking for job very soon. Yet, I'm not idle. I'm still trying with little business to cartar for the house.

The issue now is, he has arranged his stuffs preparing to relocate to the village and he wants us to go together because he can't afford to renew the rent.
I told him I can't go to the village with him, we are too young to start retiring to the village. What about good school for the children especially my first child? But he has decided to go without us, leaving us with the whole responsibilities.
I'm afraid, I can't afford everything here either. But going with him to the village is also very scary. A man who ignore us when there's nothing in the house, waiting for me to fix, how can I trust him and relocate with my two children to his village? I can't speak their language and it's an interior village, How do we survive there?
He's not even considering all these.
Pls, advice me on what to do. I'm really fed up.

If YOUR husband wants you to relocate with him to the village, follow him. He is your husband. Don't bring such matters to Nairaland where some boys calling themselves men don't see a problem sleeping with a married woman. What kind of advice do you think you will get from here? Better follow your husband. Marriage is for better for worse! Or your own na for worse for run🙄

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

PHOTO: This Beautiful Girl Is Missing / My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage / Nigerian Man Who Intentionally Shuts Down Wife In Front Of Their Kids Changes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.