Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House (18651 Views)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by 360clips: 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
LOL.... do you not wash plate where you live right now? Or do you think yourself better having to do it all alone? undecided
he's a small boy na. Doesn't know anything.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Jamie1000: 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Look, moving out it something some do while others don't. Pretending it has to be done in order to obtain success is to be unaware of reality as it really exists. No law says one must move out, nor is there a cultural mandate that one move out no matter what. It is all for good reason as it lets individuals decide when it is best for each to leave if it is a desire. undecided

So, a 50-year-old staying back breaks no law and so should not be looked down on, particularly by the ignorant masses. undecided

Google is your frnd.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Jamie1000: 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2023
360clips:
he's a small boy na. Doesn't know anything.

Fools at 40. Google is your friend
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
Jamie1000:
■ Google is your frnd.
I don't follow! is Google the law or what? undecided
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by chinonfelix2(m): 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
*let the poor breath*
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by CorBlex(m): 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2023
Abeg, leave when you're ready.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by NwaliE01: 8:29pm On Jun 21, 2023
akube34:
na so una go Dey lie. 17 wey never finish secondary school for Nigeria. Which landlord go rent house give 17 years old boy. Abeggi

If you're wise, you should have ask question. How would you learn if you don't open your mind to learning instead of attacking someone even before hearing them out. Well for your info. I built my first house at 26. You can deal with that too.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by NwaliE01: 8:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
360clips:
Don't Mention me again! Useless man!

What's wrong with you?

Why can't you politely ask questions and see if you wouldn't be responded to?

You can't live your life with lots of bitterness running through your blood.

If you're still in your father's house, i guess it's a sign that you're not old enough to leave.

I would advise you still tarry some more and learn before leaving, because you're still a baby ranting and throwing tantrums.

I didn't lie an inch, besides what would I gain lying to you guys?

I am not begging anything from you or seeking for validation from you to feel better.

I became independent at 17 years. That's the truth that your insults can't change. Deal with it bro.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Clazzone(m): 8:38pm On Jun 21, 2023
Exactly what I did immediately after my NYSC. I look up at times and I am so proud of that decision.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by moneyissweet(m): 8:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
Ikwere man will live with their parents until death do them apart and then the children will share the rooms and continue living there with their wives .
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by akube34: 8:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
NwaliE01:

If you're wise, you should have ask question. How would you learn if you don't open your mind to learning instead of attacking someone even before hearing them out. Well for your info. I built my first house at 26. You can deal with that too.
ok ooo.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by NwaliE01: 8:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
Memberclub:

That means your dad house is not that good.

At that age, I grew up in a very poor family where the room space wasn't enough for all of us. We often had neighbours who come around to share in our room at night because part of their house collapsed and they had no dime to fix the mud house.

I had to study so hard during my technical school education to came top of my class and acquired Nabteb and trade test 3 Certificates in Mechanical Engineering. I got employed by a multi national company in Nigeria that transformed my life at 17 years. I left the country after some years to where I am now.

My journey could be quite different from so many people here, but I feel God saw our condition and decided to liberate us from the jaw of poverty.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by NwaliE01: 8:48pm On Jun 21, 2023
akube34:
ok ooo.
Here's my story

Memberclub:

That means your dad house is not that good.

At that age, I grew up in a very poor family where the room space wasn't enough for all of us. We often had neighbours who come around to share in our room at night because part of their house collapsed and they had no dime to fix the mud house.

I had to study so hard during my technical school education to came top of my class and acquired Nabteb and trade test 3 Certificates in Mechanical Engineering. I got employed by a multi national company in Nigeria that transformed my life at 17 years. I left the country after some years to where I am now.

My journey could be quite different from so many people here, but I feel God saw our condition and decided to liberate us from the jaw of poverty.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by ceeceeco: 9:11pm On Jun 21, 2023
There's no age limit, until you're ready.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Sniper101(m): 10:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
360clips:
bastard liar! Thunder fire you there!

Even if na true sef, na poverty at home na e make am run commot from e papa house at age 17

If everywhere stew for his family, wetin wan make pikin of 17yr leave e papa house go outside go begin hustle?

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by 360clips: 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2023
Sniper101:

Even if na true sef, na poverty at home na e make am run commot from e papa house at age 17

If everywhere stew for his family, wetin wan make pikin of 17yr leave e papa house go outside go begin hustle?

cheesy. Na madman na!

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by 360clips: 10:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
NwaliE01:

What's wrong with you?

Why can't you politely ask questions and see if you wouldn't be responded to?

You can't live your life with lots of bitterness running through your blood.

If you're still in your father's house, i guess it's a sign that you're not old enough to leave.

I would advise you still tarry some more and learn before leaving, because you're still a baby ranting and throwing tantrums.

I didn't lie an inch, besides what would I gain lying to you guys?

I am not begging anything from you or seeking for validation from you to feel better.

I became independent at 17 years. That's the truth that your insults can't change. Deal with it bro.
ok Mr old man. Next!

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by omolola100(f): 7:15am On Jun 22, 2023
RTID:
There is no shame in staying with your parents if you're not ready to move out.
It can only be a problem if you're eligible to be independent and you're not trying to do something about it.
To me I don't think there is age limit to leave your parents house..
What about guys that live in there parents house after getting married.
I'm 25, and I still live with my mother, getting an apartment for myself will create more problem for me and it may hinder me from getting married...
I will have to wait till God answers my prayer and will move to live with my husband
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 22, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
I don't see anything wrong with that. But don't stay idle in your parent's house and be eating their food.

Try and be productive and help with bills.
Believe me, they will be happy that you're living with them and won't want you to leave.

When you're ready to settle down, you can then rent your apartment.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Michaelspresh(f): 8:23am On Jun 22, 2023
vickydevoka:

Everything get time. Time go reach u go begin stay with a man. I wish u well
Except I'm married to that man...God will never put me in a situation where I live with a man I'm not married to...I'll rather go back home

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by respect80(m): 8:40am On Jun 22, 2023
pansophist:

In which currency? cool
Not even in Ghanaian cedes grin
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Jamie1000: 8:41am On Jun 22, 2023
Sniper101:

Some of you are just stupid and truly adult children. Many sports men and entertainment guys left thier home early and still contribute to the family more. If you're still not mature enough to live alone. Stay at home, be a baby. Adulthood isn't easy after all. The day you wake up, that's the day your morning starts.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by respect80(m): 8:43am On Jun 22, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Lazy and Unserious Fellow.

What were you doing under the Roof of your Parents at the Age of A Whole 17 Years Old??

You stayed too long before you left.

I left my Parents House at the Age of 7 Years Old and I'm a Millionaire today.

See ya life? You're even proud you left at the age of 7 when I left at 5

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Jamie1000: 8:43am On Jun 22, 2023
omolola100:

To me I don't think there is age limit to leave your parents house..
What about guys that live in there parents house after getting married.
I'm 25, and I still live with my mother, getting an apartment for myself will create more problem for me and it may hinder me from getting married...
I will have to wait till God answers my prayer and will move to live with my husband

At 25, you might not have the opportunity to live. Considering the economy and school age. But, at 30, 5 years from now, you should be thinking about it. Plan it. If you cross 35 still at home, you're mostly likely going to be there even after marriage. You will take some shit.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Ellasure: 8:56am On Jun 22, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
So long your parents aren't chasing you out,and you haven't had anything tangible of doing,abeg stay there until everywhere go stew small.

so oooh, you are waiting for your good parents to chase out of the house before your brain open up. don't be a fool for too long.

the age of consent is eighteen since 1100 A.D.
the purpose of schools and their libraries is to enable young and upcoming person to widen their knowledge of their life and expectations thereof. if you have failed to broaden your knowledge beyond classroom teaching right from primary school to learn what is expected of you as you grow up marking each birthday years then assume safely that you are deficient in brain development.

Yoruba people say we tell a good person half story of the matter but when it gets inside of him her he must turn it to a full story.

so school classrooms and all the home training and church mosques teaching you have received are just half of the story. the other half is what I am going to do with all these knowledge of going to school churches mosques and traditional culture I have received.

this is where your extra readings of other people life experiences come in like biographies, James hardley chase novels and mills and boom. you are not reading them for just fun only but preparing your mind for the future.

one other addition is that most often we are all very ready to move on to next stage of life but we don't actually bother to think about it we rather preferred going about shouting daddy daddy mommy mommy instead of thinking of solving the problem at hand.

the greatest and highest education one get in life is the WAEC certificate education because every other education after it is just a repetition of the same subject but on a broader and deeper scope. with your secondary school education you are ready for the world and you can not be stopped on your way to success.

in those days of 1900 immediately after secondary education you seek employment or you start your own business or join the army police and so on and your promotion or further success only depends on your desires and aspirations of life.

Obasanjo, Gowon, Buhari had only secondary school education and were successfully in their military life.

Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey and many other are successful in music.

Alfred Rewane, Sonekan never attended a university when they made it big in UAC company. most of early shell employee were secondary school education and they were successful.

even now with university education and you can not find something useful to do through a friend or employment it is your fault.

I discovered that most youthful people today like too much gisting just gist on very irrelevant and unproductive matters. and often times their is no subject of discussions but just talk and more talk to nowhere. this exertion of human strength on nothingness should be discouraged in ones life. no school taught you that.

and secondly, once you have received a good secondary schools education, STOP blaming your parents for anything kindly look forward towards your further development of your person first and create your own immediate family. that is what living is all about.

you can achieve much with prayers of request from God almighty, the makers of all things on earth.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Ellasure: 9:08am On Jun 22, 2023
TO clean your mind of rubbish gist, make sure that you engage in discussions or talk with someone else when a topic of discussion is determined and agreed to.

when you engaged in talk with defined topics you will discover that you have peace of mind and your bone marrow do their job well. you will have removed a lot of junks from your brain and feel better.

defined topics include your business, your business of the day, your home needs, your family immediate needs, church mosques traditional prayer points for the day. just something very relevant to you to gain improvement in your life expectations.

any other form of talk with another person is total waste of your time and life. don't let devilish spirit waste your precious time in this world.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by respect80(m): 9:09am On Jun 22, 2023
mastermaestro:

Easy with the flogging bro. I feel your irritation at that guy's bravado. Well, I started a poultry business with one feather. grin grin grin
Wow,
I started a milk company with one tortoise
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Jamie1000: 10:21am On Jun 22, 2023
You ppl saying you live in poverty when you move out. You that is in your in father's house, are you rich? Any young man at 30+ still in his father's house is most likely due to financial constraints. Other factors are health conditions or lack of balls. Even students below 25 years are doing online jobs, making skits to pay rent this days. Don't pressure yourself, but also tell yourself the mudafkn truth.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by robertbrownn: 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2023
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Coolgent(m): 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2023
I left my parent house immediately after i gir married
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by theasand(f): 6:47am On Jun 23, 2023
But the sooner you think about it and do something about it, the easier it will be to move.

And after 25-27-30, it's very difficult to do this because you get used to it, plus the comfort zone in your parents' house.

It is better to live and surround yourself with people who inspire you and develop you as a person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's That Thing You Hate To Purchase But You Need It Everyday? / Most Unusual Baby Names of 2012 / Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.