Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House (18519 Views)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by RTID: 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2023
There is no shame in staying with your parents if you're not ready to move out.
It can only be a problem if you're eligible to be independent and you're not trying to do something about it.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Sonnobax15(m): 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
lipsrsealed
So long your parents aren't chasing you out,and you haven't had anything tangible doing,abeg stay there until everywhere go stew small.

98 Likes 13 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by abibox02: 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
shocked
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by NwaliE01: 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
At the age you feel insulted by their advice.

When you feel ashamed to eat in the living room with visitor/s staring at you.

When you know you have learnt well enough to sustain yourself.

It's not always when you have enough money or age. Sometimes those metrix doesn't work properly.

I left home at age 17 plus and I am doing so well today.

80 Likes 10 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by talented321: 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2023
Pls leave people to live their lifes the way they want, living with your parent is not a barrier, sometimes it is very fun if your parents are good, yours is to assist them with what you can. All this pressures they cause depression

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by HugeElephant(f): 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
as soon as possible for a male.
but atleast by 24

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by slawomir: 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Even we niggas way dey our own apartment

We still dey return back steadily go dey eat already made food for family house once he red for our side

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by talented321: 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
You are 100% correct. But you know one thing life may favour you at 17 but may not favourme at 25, that is where the problem comes from. From what i believe majority of people livin with parents from 20yrs+ has the plan to leave the house but may be thing are not working well with them. Because when it get to one stage you yourself will not be comfortable in your parents house.
NwaliE01:

It's not always when you have enough money or age. Sometimes those metrix doesn't work properly.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by phi91lipin(m): 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
For me oh, if you are not disturbed by anything by thing, leave when you intend to marry. As i did, i was even the one taking charge of certain finances before i planned leaving home. They have all to take care of of themselves, yet i took charge of certain things. This is my style. I am not impressing anyone by my standard and lifestyle. That my friends left their parents house do not push me out.

I once told a friend of mine that if i can, say i have three sons, i will love us all to leave in the same compound, probably eat together once weekly, i see nothing strange in it. We can be one big family.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by talented321: 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2023
Your face show
phi91lipin:
For me oh, if you are not disturbed by anything by thing, leave when you intend to marry. As i did, i was even the one taking charge of certain finances before i planned leaving home. They have all to take care of of themselves, yet i took charge of certain things. This is my style. I am not impressing anyone by my standard and lifestyle. That my friends left their parents house do not push me out.

I once told a friend of mine that if i can, say i have three sons, i will love us all to leave in the same compound, probably eat together once weekly, i see nothing strange in it. We can be one big family.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by akube34: 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
NwaliE01:

did u start paying rent at 17?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Miravik900(m): 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Even we niggas way dey our own apartment

We still dey return back steadily go dey eat already made food for family house once he red for our side

Real matters

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by 360clips: 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2023
NwaliE01:

bastard liar! Thunder fire you there!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2023
30+

8 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Streetmovement(m): 7:19pm On Jun 20, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Omo that question get plenty answers o

We wey don dey street since we still dey touch down house once in a while until we achieve cool

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Gadafii: 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2023
I stareted staying with my elder brother and his wife since I was 15, stayed with them till I was 25, went to school and got a job, and was still with them, once in a while I dey buy bread, plantain and other groceries come house, Dey buy treats for the kids, I had to move on when they relocated to Abuja, I was certain I could take care of my self with my job, so I rented my own place too, to God be the glory it has not been easy but the journey is a must

I know people who ran from home at age 17,18,19, met them in school

So basically there is really no age to leave your parents or Guadiana house, but life only begin when you leave your comfort zones, when I started bills and rents, my orientation changes and learnt to spend wisely unlike before that I wasn’t paying rent or utilities or buying wholesale food stuff

Staying on your own comes with it own advantages, no body tell you what to do or when to do it, you can come home when you want, you become pretty focus and active because you know tue bills got no emotions, but if care is not taken you can be consumed by this freedom

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by GodWrites: 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
Once you graduate from Uni, don't ever think of going back to your father's house. Being an adult is no child's play, but you will be proud you left. The comfort zone is not a place to be.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Michaelspresh(f): 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2023
As a lady..I prefer to stay with my parents till I get married
But my dad won't let me ..he likes his children to be independent so they could survive anywhere, anytime without him

11 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by austine4real(m): 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
Corntree hard o

Stay ya papa house look for one legit work take dey support the family

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by NwaliE01: 10:52pm On Jun 20, 2023
akube34:
did u start paying rent at 17?

Yes bro.. i did and still do.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by NwaliE01: 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2023
360clips:
bastard liar! Thunder fire you there!

Hey, why the emotional outburst?

Are you still in your father's house?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
NwaliE01:

Lazy and Unserious Fellow.

What were you doing under the Roof of your Parents at the Age of A Whole 17 Years Old??

You stayed too long before you left.

I left my Parents House at the Age of 7 Years Old and I'm a Millionaire today.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by pansophist(m): 12:20am On Jun 21, 2023
Evolutionlove:

In which currency? cool

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by NwaliE01: 1:19am On Jun 21, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Lazy and Unserious Fellow.

What were you doing under the Roof of your Parents at the Age of A Whole 17 Years Old??

You stayed too long before you left.

That's so good. Am sure several people like me would wish to learn from you probably to apply to help others or apply appromptly on themselves.

How did you manage to leave so early?

You're a wise man and I respect your wisdom alot.

Here is my story
Memberclub:

That means your dad house is not that good.

At that age, I grew up in a very poor family where the room space wasn't enough for all of us. We often had neighbours who come around to share in our room at night because part of their house collapsed and they had no dime to fix the mud house.

I had to study so hard during my technical school education to came top of my class and acquired Nabteb and trade test 3 Certificates in Mechanical Engineering. I got employed by a multi national company in Nigeria that transformed my life at 17 years. I left the country after some years to where I am now. I am currently doing my master degree program.

My journey could be quite different from so many people here, but I feel God saw our condition and decided to liberate us from the jaw of poverty.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by verybadmouth(m): 1:53pm On Jun 21, 2023
How about those that don't have parents?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by checky619: 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2023
No be who get where to go, go leave him parents house? Dem no dey tell person

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by AchichaMmuo: 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2023
21-23
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by benzion72(m): 1:56pm On Jun 21, 2023
It depends on who your parents are. If your parents have properties scattered all over will you choose to go and be renting house

13 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2023
NwaliE01:
When you feel ashamed to eat in the living room with visitor/s staring at you. When you know you have learnt well enough to sustain yourself. It's not always when you have enough money or age. Sometimes those metrix doesn't work properly. I left home at age 17 plus and I am doing so well today.
What you described in bold is indicator that one is rather still immature and not properly able to separate ego from reality. You leave when you are sure and need to, not when you think you have to. undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by vickydevoka(m): 1:58pm On Jun 21, 2023
Michaelspresh:
As a lady..I prefer to stay with my parents till I get married
But my dad won't let me ..he likes his children to be independent so they could survive anywhere, anytime without him
Come and stay with me. But honestly marriage this days hard o. Unless u are working class lady of a good profession. Nobody wan Carry last. Country don hard.

4 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by dododawa1: 1:58pm On Jun 21, 2023
NIGERIA corcend,ANY TIME since your parents are not chasing you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Open Letter To My Co-Tenant By A Nairalander / Why Blame Women For Everything?? / Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.