Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority (22425 Views)

Hajiya Gambo Sawaba: ‘The Most Jailed Nigerian Female Politician’ / Biography Of Rear-Admiral Awwal Zubairu Gambo (New Chief Of Naval Staff) / Retired Naval Officer Was Buried In A Ship- Like Casket In Cross River (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by Racoon(m): 12:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
The Nigerian Navy said hand over ceremony from inception is procedural, adding that reports that Gambo refused to pass the baton to Ogalla is false.

The Nigerian Navy says former Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo (retd.) will hand over to his successor, Rear Admiral Ikechukwu Ogalla at a public ceremony on Friday, June 23.

“Suffice to state that handing and taking over ceremony in the Nigerian Navy from inception is procedural. Upon the announcement of the change of the ‘Watch on deck’, the outgoing CNS is expected to give detailed brief to the incoming CNS, tour key naval facilities and perform the ceremonial lowering of ensign.

“Accordingly, the programme of events leading to the formal handing and taking over ceremony has kicked off to culminate at a public ceremony on Friday 23 June 2023 in line with age-long naval tradition," said Naval Director of Information, AO Ayo-Vaughan in a statement.

The naval spokesman debunked reports making the round that Gambo allegedly refused to hand over to Ogalla after President Bola Tinubu retired all service chiefs on Monday and appointed new ones including Ogalla.

He advised members of the public to discountenance “the malicious publication and erroneous information as a figment of the reporter’s imagination.”

“Instructively, it is pertinent to mention that sister Services are also due to hand over as they have set aside specific dates for their handing and taking over ceremonies.

Members of the public are therefore advised to discountenance the malicious publication and erroneous information as a figment of imagination,” Ayo-Vaughan stated.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/21/retired-naval-chief-gambo-to-hand-over-on-friday-says-navy/

2 Likes

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by Racoon(m): 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2023
So a C-in-C orders are now being selectively obeyed? Well, a lots of bad precedence have been set by a failed former military HOS when even a IGP told him that he didn't report to Benue to contain terrorist killings as instructed and defiantly said nothing will be done to him. And so it was. So much impunity, constitutional violation and utter lawlessness in the land.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by youngsahito(m): 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2023
Alot of impunity going on in the country.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by Ikaeniyan0: 1:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
Racoon:
So a C-in-C orders are now being selectively obeyed? Well, a lots of bad precedence have been set by a failed former military HOS when even a IGP told him that he didn't report to Benue to contain terrorist killings as instructed and defiantly said nothing will be done to him. And so it was. So much impunity, constitutional violation and utter lawlessness in the land.
Did you really read the article?

45 Likes

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by Racoon(m): 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Did you really read the article?
Yes I did. A C-in-C order is to be obeyed impromptu and immediately. This is what makes the president, the president, military tradition or not.

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by Ikaeniyan0: 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
Racoon:
Yes I did. A C-in-C order is to be obeyed impromptu and immediately. This is what makes the president, the president, military tradition or not.
They we're not sacked

This is the way it has always been in the military when there's a change of command. MG Ihejirika didn't take over immediately from LTG Dambazau. MG Buratai didn't take over from LTG Minimah immediately.

You can prove me wrong though, i will be waiting

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by HeartlessMan: 5:39pm On Jun 22, 2023
Let him hand over to me on Thursday so that I can hand over to the new Chief on Friday.

I want to test something.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by oluwaseyi0: 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2023
hopefully Tinubu will be able to force the new service chief to work, the killings are still ongoing

3 Likes

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by jaydeeking(m): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2023
Lol
Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2023
Efcc bo lonaa #Bellashmurda voice

1 Like

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by Chetas81(m): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2023
youngsahito:
Alot of impunity going on in the country.
from the hell citizen of the country
Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 5:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
GOOD ONES FOR ALL THE INCOMINGS.

THANKS TO ALL THE NAIRALANDERS PREACHERS AND EVANGELISTS KEEP IT UP.

JESUS IS LORD

WEALTH IS GOOD.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by Chetas81(m): 5:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Let him hand over to me on Thursday so that I can hand over to the new Chief on Friday.

I want to test something.
from my location I can imagine your imagination 😜

8 Likes

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by MrMoh24: 5:42pm On Jun 22, 2023
Pull out ceremony

2 Likes

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by HeartlessMan: 5:42pm On Jun 22, 2023
"Tinubu no get level" - Awwal Gambo, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by seborrhic: 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2023
Only fools of course believed that rubbish People'sGazette.
The army chief that hasn't handed over to the new person is he also waiting to ensure contracts he signed are financially settled?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by ubanett(m): 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
How far LAMIDI APAPA

1 Like

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by francotunsco: 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
I didnt believe the report that he refused to handover in the first place. The moment Mr. President pronounce the termination of his appointment every other things he does in office aside handing over is null and void.

So, he couldn't have said he wanted to wait and oversee the completion of the award of any contract as earlier reported.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
Sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians were saying him not handing over is not possible,
Only children of hate, frustrations and perdition say otherwise.

The naval spokesman debunked reports making the round that Gambo allegedly refused to hand over to Ogalla after President Bola Tinubu retired all service chiefs on Monday and appointed new ones including Ogalla.
He advised members of the public to discountenance “the malicious publication and erroneous information as a figment of the reporter’s imagination.”

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by crossfm: 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
Hehehe .

He will miss the looting grin.
Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by Chibuzoc(m): 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
Welcome to the zoo
Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by MarketDispatch: 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
Interesting
Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by besticality: 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
Friday is less than 24hours from now. What has a beginning surely will have an end.

Incoming Ogalla should also remember that one day, he will be asked to hand over.

1 Like

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
I think it's a normal thing.

1 Like

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by KingAzubuike(f): 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2023
So Sahara reporters was right.

1 Like

Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by KingAzubuike(f): 5:58pm On Jun 22, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
They we're not sacked

This is the way it has always been in the military when there's a change of command. MG Ihejirika didn't take over immediately from LTG Dambazau. MG Buratai didn't take over from LTG Minimah immediately.

You can prove me wrong though, i will be waiting

So tinubu sacking them from office meant what? I don't think you know what you're saying.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/19/breaking-tinubu-removes-all-service-chiefs/amp/
Re: Retired Naval Chief Gambo To Hand Over On Friday - Navy Authority by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2023
Ok, noted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector / Jonathan's Campaign Office Accused Of Releasing $20,000 To Disrupt Buhari's Talk / Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.