Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention (1192 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Persists In Nigeria Almost One Year After Subsidy Removal / Fuel Sells For N400/litre In Abuja, Others, Scarcity Persists In Lagos / Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by figment232(m): 10:08am On Jun 26, 2023
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by MXrep: 10:17am On Jun 26, 2023
Policy summersault

2 Likes

Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by figment232(m): 10:23am On Jun 26, 2023
Emefiele would be smiling where ever he is.This oversabi Tinubu shld have just left the Dollar thing they way it was b4.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by Ikaeniyan0: 10:26am On Jun 26, 2023
figment232:
Emefiele would be smiling where ever he is.This oversabi Tinubu shld have just left the Dollar thing they way it was b4.
You didn't click and read the article on the link you shared with us but here you're crying foul.
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by SalamRushdie: 10:28am On Jun 26, 2023
When we say Tinubu is an empty head we know what we are saying....Just one look at the state of Lagos roads and you will know Tinubu has nothing to offer

4 Likes

Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by EconomistXplain: 10:42am On Jun 26, 2023
untill the government checked the supply of FX not through controlling its demand, but through other ways...naira can never be strong

1 Like

Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by figment232(m): 10:43am On Jun 26, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You didn't click and read the article on the link you shared with us but here you're crying foul.
I read it and Channels TV also dissected this morning on SUNRISE EARLY.So what are u saying?

1 Like

Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by Ikaeniyan0: 10:57am On Jun 26, 2023
figment232:
I read it and Channels TV also dissected this morning on SUNRISE EARLY.So what are u saying?
You read it and didn't see where it is predicted Naira will eventually fall back between #500-#600 in few weeks time?
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by figment232(m): 10:58am On Jun 26, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You read it and didn't see where it is predicted Naira will eventually fall back between #500-#600 in few weeks time?
The Naira has been on the downward trend in both the official market and parallel market, since the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN announced, “Operational Changes to the Foreign Exchange Market,” including elimination of multiple exchange rates/segments and re-introduction of willing seller, willing buyer model in the I&E window.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by Ikaeniyan0: 10:59am On Jun 26, 2023
figment232:
The Naira has been on the downward trend in both the official market and parallel market, since the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN announced, “Operational Changes to the Foreign Exchange Market,” including elimination of multiple exchange rates/segments and re-introduction of willing seller, willing buyer model in the I&E window.
“But I believe the Naira will appreciate in the coming weeks. The sharp depreciation of the Naira in the I&E window, I believe, is to encourage investors and Nigerians in Diaspora to bring in their dollars.

“Once this happens, the exchange rate in both I&E and the parallel market will gradually go down.”
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by Obaaderemi2: 11:48am On Jun 26, 2023
EconomistXplain:
untill the government checked the supply of FX not through controlling its demand, but through other ways...naira can never be strong
We don't have enough forex in our economy. Leaving the naiea to the forces of demand and supply will continue to weaken it. Meanwhile controlling it will continue to encourage round tripping. No matter how you look at it the naira is in trouble unless the economy improves and we have more forex from exportation and remittance.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by EconomistXplain: 12:08pm On Jun 26, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
We don't have enough forex in our economy. Leaving the naiea to the forces of demand and supply will continue to weaken it. Meanwhile controlling it will continue to encourage round tripping. No matter how you look at it the naira is in trouble unless the economy improves and we have more forex from exportation and remittance.

forex in big economies are not usually through exportation...it come majorly from capital flight of multinationals, Nigerian multi- national businesses like our banks nd dangote ( we dont even hv enough) dont trust the Nigerian economy,hence the lodge most if not all of their hard earn Fx from foreign business in international banks..thry dont bring bacj thrir profit..

that means if the CBN is serious, they shld create a policy reward for Nigerian own international businesses to encourage them bring in FX...
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2023
TO MAKE NAIRA N200 TO USA$1
1.LET THER BE LIGHT AND LET THERE BE TOTAL OPENESS /TRANSPARENCY FROM GOVT IN MANAGING NAIJA CRUDE OIL. $TOP THEFT OF CRUDE OIL,BY CHANNELING ALL CRUDE TO REFINE AT DANGOTE LEKKI AND ACCOUNT FOR THE FINISHED PRODUCTs FULLY

2.STOP GIVING DOLLARS FOR IMPORTING AGRIC PRODUCTS EXCEPT RAW MATERIALS

3.STOP GIVING DOLLARS FOR IMPORTING NONSENSE LIKE FOREIGN JETS,FOREIGN SUVS,FOREIGN AMOURED VEHICLES

4. GIVE TRILLIONS OF NAIRA TO EXPORTERS TO EXPAND THEIR EXPORT MACHINERIES AND SELL NON OIL PRODUCTS

5. GET GERMANY TO PUT STABLE ELETRICITY FOR PRODUCTION

6.GET GERMANS TO MAKE ONE MODERN NATIONAL REFINERY IN NIGER DELTA

7.ESTABLISH AGRIC EXPORT PRODUCTION COMPANY LIKE NNPC IN EACH OF 36STATE AND EMPLOY AGRIC. GRADS.

It got worse before, now it is getting fresher grin CHINEDU GO AND FARM FOR EXPORT
YEMI GO AND FARM FOR EXPORT
LAWAL GO AND FARM FOR EXPORT
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by Obaaderemi2: 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
TO MAKE NAIRA N200 TO USA$1
1.LET THER BE LIGHT AND LET THERE BE TOTAL OPENESS /TRANSPARENCY FROM GOVT IN MANAGING NAIJA CRUDE OIL. $TOP THEFT OF CRUDE OIL,BY CHANNELING ALL CRUDE TO REFINE AT DANGOTE LEKKI AND ACCOUNT FOR THE FINISHED PRODUCT.

2.STOP GIVING DOLLARS FOR IMPORTING AGRIC PRODUCTS EXCEPT RAW MATERIALS

3.STOP GIVING DOLLARS FOR IMPORTING NONSENSE LIKE FOREIGN JETS,FOREIGN SUVS,FOREIGN AMOURED VEHICLES

4. GIVE MORE EXPORTERS MONEY AND MACHINES SUPPORT TO SELL NON OIL PRODUCTS

5. GET GERMANY TO PUT STABLE ELETRICITY FOR PRODUCTION

6.GET GERMANS TO MAKE ONE MODERN NATIONAL REFINERY IN NIGER DELTA

7.ESTABLISH AGRIC EXPORT PRODUCTION COMPANY LIKE NNPC IN EACH OF 36STATE AND EMPLOY AGRIC. GRADS.

It got worse before, now it is getting fresher grin CHINEDU GO AND FARM FOR EXPORT
YEMI GO AND FARM FOR EXPORT
LAWAL GO AND FARM FOR EXPORT
Farm for export with which capital? Yemi, Lawal and Chinedu wey never get job after graduation. Farming at this point will not save Nigeria, we have enough farmers. Turning farm produce into finished products and making other things for export will help, not just exporting cashew and cassava.

1 Like

Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by figment232(m): 3:29pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Blind speculation...we are talking of now now ..u con dey tell us about future.
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by Ofunaofu: 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2023
figment232:
Tinubu has finished us

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/forex-scarcity-persists-as-cbn-resumes-intervention/

Let the poor breathe....... don't suffocate them
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ok, noted.
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by routed: 4:53pm On Jun 26, 2023
figment232:
Tinubu has finished us

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/forex-scarcity-persists-as-cbn-resumes-intervention/

You post an article that you did not read.

What is the problem with these angry-bittered people?

This is at great advantage to Nigerian economy as it is and a template to hinge the economy going forward.

Did you not read in the article you posted that the parallel market and i&e window have converged.
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by routed: 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
figment232:

Are you educated at all or just bittered about life.

From the start of the policy the i&e windows recorded $74 Million on the average, and at this moment the trade is in the volume of over $200 Million. The good news is that, with the increase the exchange rate is hovering around #745 - #790, without any intervention from cbn.
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by figment232(m): 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
routed:

Are you educated at all or just bittered about life.

From the start of the policy the i&e windows recorded $74 Million on the average, and at this moment the trade is in the volume of over $200 Million. The good news is that, with the increase the exchange rate is hovering around #745 - #790, without any intervention from cbn.
The bottomline is that the dollar is appreciating everyday against the NAIRA so what rubbish are u saying OGBOMOSHO scholar !!

https://www.google.com/search?q=dollar+to+naira&rlz=1C1CHBD_enNG1032NG1032&oq=dollar+to+naira&aqs=chrome.0.35i39i650j0i131i433i512l2j0i433i512j0i20i131i263i433i512j0i131i433i512j0i512l3j0i131i433i650.6567j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 its N813 TODAY
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by Ikaeniyan0: 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
figment232:
So institutions like IMF who have made the same speculation are making blind speculation?
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by figment232(m): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
So institutions like IMF who have made the same speculation are making blind speculation?
For your info NAIRA IS NOW 831 TO THE DOLLAR...nonesense
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by Ikaeniyan0: 5:52am On Jul 01, 2023
figment232:
For your info NAIRA IS NOW 831 TO THE DOLLAR...nonesense
It has been fluctuating, so is expected, before the end of the year, it should stable at 600+
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 01, 2023
I dey gain from the scarcity.
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by Parachoco: 6:02am On Jul 01, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Farm for export with which capital? Yemi, Lawal and Chinedu wey never get job after graduation. Farming at this point will not save Nigeria, we have enough farmers. Turning farm produce into finished products and making other things for export will help, not just exporting cashew and cassava.
Nigeria is not producing enough Tomatoes, Wheat, Beef, Milk etc

Wastage and Insecurity are also having their own negative effect on the Agricultural Sector

We need to expand and Government should support the farmers so most of them can upgrade to Mechanize Farming

There are cashew processing plants in Nigeria, Julius Berger even have one in Epe

https://guardian.ng/business-services/julius-berger-unveils-cashew-processing-plant-in-epe/
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by telleyway: 6:17am On Jul 01, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
“But I believe the Naira will appreciate in the coming weeks. The sharp depreciation of the Naira in the I&E window, I believe, is to encourage investors and Nigerians in Diaspora to bring in their dollars.

“Once this happens, the exchange rate in both I&E and the parallel market will gradually go down.”

Woke up from your dream and face reality, there's nothing like I believe here, it's practically proven that naira will keep going down with this policy.
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by ratilokper: 6:21am On Jul 01, 2023
Wahala dey oo
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by Kukutenla: 6:35am On Jul 01, 2023
Ok
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by boxypane(m): 6:40am On Jul 01, 2023
One of the major problem is hoarding of forex by corrupt politicians.
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by Ikaeniyan0: 8:36am On Jul 02, 2023
telleyway:

Woke up from your dream and face reality, there's nothing like I believe here, it's practically proven that naira will keep going down with this policy.
Naira have not been going up and down since the start of this policy

It has been below #790 for the past 4 days, well, you're entitle to your believe and opinion

Naira is doing well since it got floated in my own opinion
Re: Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention by ratiani6: 8:43am On Jul 02, 2023
Tinubu is a disaster!

(1) (Reply)

Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents / Kogi Election: Muritala Ajaka Visit Lokoja. / Reinstate The Dismissed General Who Arrested Fulani Terrorists In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.