Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,084 members, 7,859,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:33 PM

The Much-talked-about Convoy Of Mr. President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Much-talked-about Convoy Of Mr. President (253 Views)

Thugs Attack Convoy Of Jegede, Ondo PDP Governorship Candidate / Buratai Reacts To The Blockade Of The Convoy Of Osinbajo For The Protest / Convoy Of APC Governorship Candidate In Taraba Attacked By Hoodlums. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Much-talked-about Convoy Of Mr. President by IzunnaOkafor(m): 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
By Uche Nworah, Ph.D

If you believe that the long vehicular convoy seen in a viral video is actually that of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu as alleged, then you will believe anything.

I am not the Presidential spokesperson, neither am I the spokesperson of the All Progressives Congress. I am making this intervention as a concerned member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who watched the same video like everyone else.

Social media false flags have helped in making some Nigerians very gullible. The President was returning to Lagos after trips to Paris and London for a planned welcome reception (home coming) by the Lagos state government. Lagos being his home, and a state where he once governed, it was natural that the state government, the political party APC and the President’s friends, associates and family members ’mobilised’ (as we say in politics) for his grand return. It was just nothing but show of political and grassroots strength in Lagos, the President’s home base. Party and family members, Lagos government officials and associates of the President deployed their personal vehicles to join the convoy. There is nothing to this, really. Just storm in a tea cup!

Uche Nworah, Ph.D is the National Secretary and Director of Media of APC South-East Strategic Engagement Forum (ASESEF)

Re: The Much-talked-about Convoy Of Mr. President by Opanka44(m): 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
Okay. I'm glad you already confessed to be a member of the APC, so this defense of your party is absolutely expected of you else you will Not get food to Eat. I can't take you seriously until you leave the party then come back and write this, that is, if you will.
The truth is, other party officials, former and serving governors were there on the convoy no doubt. Moreso, every jobless APC member is seeking for some favor from Mr Tinubu, they are lobbying for appointments here and there, so we all expected this kind of show. However, that was insensitive to say the least. Nigerians are going through a lot at this point in time large due to the removal of fuel subsidy and in order to cut the cost of governance, I expected Them to have reduced the number of cars on that convoy. That was a total waste of taxpayers money.

1 Like

Re: The Much-talked-about Convoy Of Mr. President by Fujiyama: 1:19am On Jul 02, 2023
Nonsense.

If this fellow wants us to go there, we will.

So...just anyone can join the presidential motorcade? Does Nworah know how foolish this sounds? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Please Who Here Knows A Good Land Agent / Breaking: Enugu Law Maker Suspended For Allegedly Embezzling IDP Palliative Fund / Alia To Ortom: Don't Be Afraid Of Witch-hunt If You Are Not A Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.