Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN (18139 Views)

Fuel Purchase Reduced By 50 Per Cent, Reduce Pump Price – IPMAN Begs Tinubu / NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol / Subsidy Removal: Fuel Pump Price Rises To 800 CFA In Benin Republic – KPMG’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by nairalandkachy1: 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2023
The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) has denied the alleged plan by the association to increase pump price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) also known as petrol to N700 per litre nationwide.

The Chairman of IPMAN Southwest Zone, Alhaji Dele Tajudeen, stated this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ibadan on Friday

The Chairman, therefore, urged Nigerians to disregard the speculation and not to engage in panic buying.

Tajudeen stressed that the price of the product would not be more that what is being sold presently.

He commended President Bola Tinubu for removing the subsidy on petrol adding that it was long overdue.

“Even in PIA bill, it has been clearly stated that the subsidy must be removed,

”So, I want to commend him for removing the subsidy and I want to say that we are in support totally. This is because the subsidy was a scam.”

He said the slight increase in pump price was because of the transportation cost and that Nigerians should be at rest as the commodity will not be out of reach for the masses.

“I want to disabuse the mind of the people that they should not panic about it, there is no cause for alarm, we are in control and there is nothing like that.

“So, people should be rest assured that there is no way they can buy petrol more than the price it is being sold now.

“If we look at the price from NNPC retail limited, which is an integral part of NNPC limited, they have more advantages than independent marketers and major marketers.

”So, it was the retail price that they announced they had never given a specific price to the independent marketers.

“However, I have read what somebody put into the paper, it is just speculation it is not a reality. Nothing like that I want to assure the masses.

“” There is no how the price can go to N700 as we speak, because even if the FX is N700 or N800 that has not nothing to take the price of petroleum from N500 to N700,” Tajudeen said.

He noted that the product had been deregulated, hence the differential in prices was due to transportation as it is related to location.

”If you are moving products within Lagos the price may not be more than N300,000 but if you are moving up to Ibadan or there about it could be as much as N500,000.

”And if you are going to Ilorin, it could be as high as N700,000 that would account for differential in prices.

“I want to say with all sense of authority that as of today within Lagos metropolis nobody should sell more than N515 to N520 per litre.

”Though NNPC has given us the price but the reality of it is that what we buy from the market; because NNPC limited is not the only source for our product, we get from private depots.

“So, whatever we buy is what we put our own margin and sell.

”But as of today, the highest you can get anywhere should be around N550; Lagos N510 per litre; Ogun State between N500 and N520,”
Tajudeen said.

Meanwhile, a coalition of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) had vowed to resist the alleged planned increase in pump price of petrol

They made their position known in a statement jointly signed by the Convener, Dr Basil Musa; and Co-Convener, Malam Haruna Maigida, in Abuja on behalf of others.

They vowed to resist by picketing IPMAN members’ filling stations across the country.

They accused the IPMAN of running a parallel government and inflicting pains on ordinary Nigerians by their unilateral adjustment of price of petroleum.

They described the planned increment as unacceptable and called on the Federal Government to stop IPMAN from its alleged profiteering at the expense of ordinary Nigerians.

The CSOs said the move was an economic sabotage, coming at a time Nigerians are still trying to come out of the “price shock”, occasioned by the increment on May 29.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ipman-denies-plan-to-hike-petrol-to-n700-per-litre/

7 Likes

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by successmatters(m): 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2023
We heard that before grin

From #87, APC never had a plan to increase fuel pump prices, while they slept, their enemies always goes to the pupm price and jerks it upwards, till it is going to #700 now.

No plans indeed grin

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by God1000(m): 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2023
They should not even try it.

Why are they trying to smother us?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by KingOfIsoko1: 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dele IPman SW

5 Likes

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by taylor89(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2023
That one concern una

Thank God say leg no dey use fuel na there I for crase

If una like make una sell 70k per liter na all of us go buy am both who voted for The cocaine sniffing dog, Peter Obi and Atiku

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by Parachoco: 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
Fuel will get to 1k gang in the mud

This article go break bitter people heart

mrvitalis:
Increase price how.. Thought the removed subsidy? How then do u still want to determine price

This people go school at all My? There is no how u can use exchange rate of 750 to but petrol n sale for 550 it's impossible .. If u have way show me let me go to India n become a billionaire

You're free to sell your petrol for 1k per liter grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by NobleSeed(m): 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2023
Everyone sector just dey whyne common man from every Corner 😂 😂 who are we to believe?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by mrvitalis(m): 12:35pm On Jul 01, 2023
Increase price how.. Thought the removed subsidy? How then do u still want to determine price

This people go school at all My? There is no how u can use exchange rate of 750 to but petrol n sale for 550 it's impossible .. If u have way show me let me go to India n become a billionaire

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by oloriooko(m): 12:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
I know these people they say the opposite of what they mean
So 700/litre loading

23 Likes

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by FitCorper: 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2023
The fact say una deny am mean say e go soon happen. I fear this country. Naija my country I know we will get to the promised land soon. Godbless Nigeria.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by tunjijones(m): 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2023
Una dey craze
Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by Ofunaofu: 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2023
cheesy
Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by MorataFC: 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2023
We know

1 Like

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by Radiant01(m): 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2023
I discovered that people are dishing out propaganda these days.. Tomorrow they will say we will be paying for air we breathe.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by Opanka44(m): 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2023
Keep deceiving yourselves thinking u are deceiving us. Naso una dey talk, very soon, these rumors will become reality. I'm just tired of the extreme hardship in this country. At times I wish I never existed. Existence has become a Burden. I live in fear now. No money to meet daily needs despite how hard I labor

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by MorataFC: 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
mrvitalis:

smh

3 Likes

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by bluefilm: 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
In other words, expect the pump price to go up to 700 per liter any moment from now.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by BigBlackPreek(m): 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
Okay oooo

The masses will hold you by your blockos

Peace out....
Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by bigdammyj: 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
Noted.
Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by ecolime(m): 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
Now that fuel is more expensive in Nigeria than its neighbours. It's time for the wise ones in border towns to start bringing smuggling Petroluem Products into Naija.

Lets buy from Benin, Niger, etc since the borders are fully opened now and sell here. This is the perfect time to reverse roles and cash out.

We have the numbers, lets bleed the former leeches in return. Payback time grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by MorataFC: 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2023
Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by AImiron: 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2023
This news will favor me and my family.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2023
Na so una de talk. Before we know, una go declare humongous amount as subsidy / under recovery

3 Likes

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by Offpoint1: 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2023
grin We no what denial mean in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by Nazgul: 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
Knowing this country, they mean the exact opposite of what they're saying which means that fuel prices would be increased. So brace up folks, things aren't getting better any time soon.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by Nolevel666: 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
Na so we day always hear

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price - IPMAN by Winters23: 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Political Parties File Petitions Seeking To Nullify Obaseki’s Victory / Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members / EFCC Charges Kenneth Minimah, Others With ₦13 Billion Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.