Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd (38365 Views)

See What I Saw In A Church I Visited In South Asia! / Does The Church I Attend Matter? / Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by blaise26abj(m): 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2023
There is too much distractions in church nowadays . You will just be seeing yansh going up and down . Anyone trying to cut some bad behaviour and wants rest with fellowship after being bombarded with these things Monday to friday will fail and will keep getting distracted. The church should be a place where worldly distractions are discouraged so people can truly listen and stay on the path of salvation .

People should dress modestly to church . The idea is to focus on your spiritual growth rather than outward appearance . Now should you dress shabbily? No . But if as you are dressing , you want to slay or look amazing for people to admire , you are not going to church to grow . You are just going for a social outing

5 Likes

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by samuelson06(m): 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2023
thinkmoney:

We serve God in example more than in the heart

Through our words and actions, God knows who is His own.

Whether you wear trouser, leave your head open or cover it with scarf, God knows those that are worshiping Him in Spirit and in truth. I hate it when people try to point out or try to castigate the action of others because of their own definition of serving God. Sometimes, they even allow others influence how they respond to God. Meanwhile, your worship or service to God is a highly personal thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by SeriouslySense(m): 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2023
smiley
GetSenseNow:

I think she means that most of them are just pretending to speak in tongues so as to feel among.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by SeriouslySense(m): 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2023
smiley
blaise26abj:
There is too much distractions in church nowadays . You will just be seeing yansh going up and down . Anyone trying to cut some behaviour and wants rest after being bombarded with these things Monday to friday will fail and will keep getting distractions . The church should be a place where worldly distractions are discouraged so people can truly listen and stay on the path of salvation .

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Image123(m): 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:
Happy sunday nairalanders.
I moved to a new area(Student area) and decided to attend a nearby church.

These are what I noticed.

-- I was the only one that used scarf.Even the choristers and the female ministers didn't use scarf.

--Almost all the female members are putting on trousers,ladies that put on gowns/skirt are not up to 20%.
I was even surprised that the two female ministers and the female choristers also put on trouser to climb the church alter.

--During prayer intersection,I noticed everybody were praying in tongues and it seems am the only person not filled with the holy spirit to speak in tongues.
Even when we were asked to pray on our offering,people still prayed in tongues.

And it just seems I'm odd among them or is it that am not modernized?

Stand fast on the Rock.

2 Likes

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Dadimendino: 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2023
litigator:

If you understand the concept of speaking jn tongues, you won't feel odd. It will come to you. When it came to me, I felt I was language from centuries ago. I understood what I was saying. And not just blabing. It's like some superior power is communicating with me in a language of peace.

What an epistle!

Even since I stopped mid night prayers and found my way out of his sight, the spirit has not left.

It discipline's me and hold one man meetings with me. Like an invisible friend and we do discuss.

Keep asking. I started asking since a kid during AYF and SU. I didn't get until 2021. You will know when you have it. It's a spirit of peace and fire.

Peace if you are done right within you. And war/fire if It organises alone man family meeting with you.

This usually happens when I don Bleep woman when I nor suppose Bleep and do things I suppose do.

Warns you when you are about to commit some kinda sin. You will just feel this battle within you and you become restless within you.

There some many other ways it manifests aside speaking. I had the spirit in me for years before my mouth opened.

You will still sin oooo. But the spirit helps you avoid sin and chastisez you when you have done wrong.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Dadimendino: 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
litigator:

If you understand the concept of speaking jn tongues, you won't feel odd. It will come to you. When it came to me, I felt I was language from centuries ago. I understood what I was saying. And not just blabing. It's like some superior power is communicating with me in a language of peace.

Even since I stopped mid night prayers and found my way out of his sight, the spirit has not left.

It discipline's me and hold one man meetings with me. Like an invisible friend and we do discuss.

Keep asking. I started asking since a kid during AYF and SU. I didn't get until 2021. You will know when you have it. It's a spirit of peace and fire.

Peace if you are done right within you. And war/fire if It organises alone man family meeting with you.

This usually happens when I don Bleep woman when I nor suppose Bleep and do things I suppose do.

Warns you when you are about to commit some kinda sin. You will just feel this battle within you and you become restless within you.

There some many other ways it manifests aside speaking. I had the spirit in me for years before my mouth opened.

You will still sin oooo. But the spirit helps you avoid sin and chastisez you when you have done wrong.

What an epistle!
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by JohnBullMySon: 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2023
nzechu:
minding four business na wetin Dr cause the world de spoil de go

Corruption in government, Kidnapping and tribalism within the people no dey spoil the world ahbi?

It's now what people wear that spoils the world? Stop thinking with religious mindset bruh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Stevengold(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2023
sotall:
undecided

A significant number of black people have woken up and liberated from the scam of Abrahamic religion i.e Christianity and islam

If you still practice any of the two Abrahamic religion, its time you wake up and ditch that slave master's history book.

Have you asked yourself with number of churches and mosque in Nigeria and the amount of prayers offered, the country is very backward and not working?

If we can conclude anything, it is that the prayers aren't working.

If the prayers they offer works, Nigeria will be heaven on earth by now considering the number of churches on every inch and corner of Nigeria.

If 80% of the buildings used as worship centers are turned to factories, do you know how much it will contribute to Nigeria's economy?

Your thoughts,
Now mine: even if 100% of churches are used for factories. Your government will pull it down!
Ask yourself how many government owned institutions or factories still functions?

The one individuals try to build they frustrate them with heavy tax levy.
I live in a state where the government told a construction šŸš§ company that wanted to base in Nigeria. 60/40. That is, government will own 40% and they 60% outrageous.
Before innoson motors got a name in Nigeria, do you know the battles

Your country doesn't like good things, the goal is to keep everyone pooor. So even if they change churches to factories, government will pull it down. Na me dey tell you. simple, so let's pray our way out instead.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by SeriouslySense(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2023
Yes the Holy Spirit, talks to us, i think i heard him call my name, one morning as i was waking up. God is always there.

we would still make mistakes, but the bible advises us to not grieve the Spirit of God, by whom we are sealed until the day of salvation.

I Think the the Spirit speaks to those people wearing inappropriate outfits, although they may not listen.

Anyway Sometimes i don't want to disappoint God. Although I know He has done it all.

I dont have the gift of speaking in tongues, and i dont pretend to have it. It is the Spirit who manages the gifts and gives it to who he chooses

litigator:

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Hugose: 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:

-- I was the only one that used scarf.Even the choristers and the female ministers didn't use scarf.

--Almost all the female members are putting on trousers,ladies that put on gowns/skirt are not up to 20%.
I was even surprised that the two female ministers and the female choristers also put on trouser to climb the church alter.

--During prayer intersection,I noticed everybody were praying in tongues and it seems am the only person not filled with the holy spirit to speak in tongues.

It's like you have been living under a rock or just came out of coma for you to just notice this in a church
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by bonnyhope: 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:

That is what we have now my sister
All is well

2 Likes

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by blaise26abj(m): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
SeriouslySense:
smiley

My brother/sister . God be with us all . I am a sapiosexual but I know how my African brothers get easily distracted and fascinated with yansh . Once I see I remove eyes because it doesnā€™t interest me . Thatā€™s how one media girl on camera stood in the middle of church auditorium on a podium with yansh elevated. There is no way if you are seated directly behind her that your view will not be in constant view of the yansh . Women church leaders should talk to the sisters to dress moderately . If men with 6 packs start going to church in body hugs now , they will understand how distracting their tight jeans and booty enhancing dresses are .

3 Likes

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by nuel001: 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
Have you ever heard of, or worshipped with the Church of Christ?

Find out about them. There's still a few out there who follow the Scripture.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Abolodje: 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
chigoziri2403:
It's your first time in the church
Its okay to feel ostracised
With time, you will feel among
Probably buy a few trousers and brush up your queen's English
As for speaking in tongues...... Maybe you learn a foreign language or an indigenous language like efik or birom
šŸ˜¹šŸ˜¹ no time

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by LIVINGICONREBOR: 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
Kobojunkie, what do you have to say about this?
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Maxitomxane(m): 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
chigoziri2403:
As for speaking in tongues...... Maybe you learn a foreign language or an indigenous language like efik or birom

That's a whole lot of sarcasm there Boss grin

3 Likes

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by SeriouslySense(m): 1:32pm On Jul 02, 2023
It has become a fashion show, cheesy cheesy
blaise26abj:

My brother/sister . God be with us all . I am a sapiosexual but I know how my African brothers get easily distracted and fascinated with yansh . Once I see I remove eyes because it doesnā€™t interest me . Thatā€™s how one media girl on camera stood in the middle of church auditorium on a podium with yansh elevated. There is no way if you are seated directly behind her that your view will not be in constant view of the yansh . Women church leaders should talk to the sisters to dress moderately . If men with 6 packs start going to church in body hugs now , they will understand how distracting their tight jeans and booty enhancing dresses are .
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Dancebreaker: 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
chigoziri2403:
This one off me. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by RaptorX: 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
sotall:
undecided

A significant number of black people have woken up and liberated from the scam of Abrahamic religion i.e Christianity and islam

If you still practice any of the two Abrahamic religion, its time you wake up and ditch that slave master's history book.

Have you asked yourself with number of churches and mosque in Nigeria and the amount of prayers offered, the country is very backward and not working?

If the prayers they offer works, Nigeria will be heaven on earth by now considering the number of churches on every inch and corner of Nigeria.

If 80% of the buildings used as worship centers are turned to factories, do you know how much it will contribute to Nigeria's economy?

Europeans have turned almost all their churches to hotels, museums and nightclubs.

2 Likes

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Tzar(m): 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
You better look for another church where you are convinced that they are following the scripture o. Donā€™t let them use modernization to drive you straight to hell, like some churches condone homosexuality.
OluwaLina1:

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by flowe247(f): 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
Were u there to observe things or serve ur God?
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Yomit71(m): 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
Hanibal:
Omo!
You're still on these elementary matters ?
Do not wear trousers vs wear trousers, do not use gold vs use gold, cover your head, don't use powder, outward beauty vs inner beauty grin do not touch, do not taste... really?
In 2023?
Sis you have a long way to go mehn!
God has called us to deeper things, you need to "come up hither"!
when you miss the basic things, how do you proceed to deeper things. you had better wake up.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Today i was using my eye to survey people that tied scarf lmao.less than 5%. Its common with this new generation churches. In christ chosen church which i attend at home every woman/girl ties headscarfs. If you happen to be a new member and you didnt tie one, seeing you are the only one left out, its not someone that will tell you to use your handkerchief as alternative.

You attend Christ Chosen Church... Benin?

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by blaise26abj(m): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
SeriouslySense:
It has become a fashion show, cheesy cheesy

Yes . The church is like a hospital with all kinds of people trying to get better in life , spiritually etc
Imagine a drug addict coming to church for salvation and what greets him is a tray of weed .

Imaging a brother battling sexual immorality and whenever he comes to church na yansh just dey jiggle for his eyes . It is getting too much . How will he not backslide

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by TheAdvocate(m): 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:

This is my response to you:
1. The white men that brought the gospel to you wore trousers both male & female.
2. Do you believe that God answers prayer because of your headtie or because you had no cap on?
3. Speaking in tongues is not modernization, it's in the Bible.
4. Members and men don't wear cap into church but the Bishop & Archbishop wears cap.
5. The white women don't wear headtie or scarf or veil because it's not their culture.
6. You made specific reference to the altar thereby restricting the presence of God to a particular location eg church or altar. God is everywhere.
7. There is no posture for prayer.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by elonize(m): 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
frenzy48:
one new generation church I attended some weeks ago,,the ushers all wore trousers,the worship singer dyed his hair pink, choristers wore tight seductive trousers,,guys were allowed to wear caps while girls didn't cover their hairs .some guys even came with crossing bag .I just felt odd
pink hairšŸ˜®šŸ˜®šŸ˜®.r u serious
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
sotall:
undecided

You're so right about that.

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Dancebreaker: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:

Young woman where you dey since? You just dey see such now? Who tell you say church na about holiness and all that these days?
Dey there. Unless you wan go join nuns in a convent, shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by odenkirk: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:

nudity everywhere in church for the sake of modernization those western fcks really dealt with christianity u cant see such in mosques

3 Likes

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Femmyfamous4u(m): 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:

Many will bash you. You just stated the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by TheAdvocate(m): 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
Tzar:
You better look for another church where you are convinced that they are following the scripture o. Donā€™t let them use modernization to drive you straight to hell, like some churches condone homosexuality.

In Bible times, both men and women wore gowns and scarf don't misled him please. When David was dancing & they saw his unclothedness, it was because he wore a gown and NOT a trouser.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua ā€œDeliversā€ 2 Lesbian Partners During Church Service (Photos) / Dunamis Church Shares Christmas Packages, As Thousands Besiege Glory Dome / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.